Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

sassassin posted:

Fusing is horrifying and only children don't see a problem with it.

Those children become insane and useless when they do it.

In Dragonball it's literally a fate worse than death: the extinction of the self.

Someone add Komm Susser Tod to Gotenks fusing scene, tia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I forgot how awesome Gohan vs the Cell Juniors was, he just effortlessly shits all over them.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
Not to beat a dead horse, but I'm trying to put more effort into my "What if Black was the Main character?" parody (originally created by FBurning). We can rebuild it. It can be funnier.

Testekill posted:

I forgot how awesome Gohan vs the Cell Juniors was, he just effortlessly shits all over them.

Agreed, this was also the most redeeming thing about the Bojack movie. He shits all over those henchmen. :rip:

Jedah fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 7, 2016

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I actually liked the goofy tournament stuff in bojack a lot more than the retread of the cell saga

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

you can't just make a movie about a tournament!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Stairmaster posted:

you can't just make a movie about a tournament!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'll let you know bloodsport is the greatest artistic achievement of our generation

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

a cartoon duck posted:

i'm glad Super continues to be a fanfic born out of the collective unconscious of all Dragon Ball fans

There is literally a doujin-making fanboy-turned-official manga artist working on the official manga release for Super, who himself gets a lot of feedback with Toriyama directly.

And now the main villain is suspiciously similar to the one from his doujin.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Sort of disappointed that episode title leaks indicate the mafuba isn't going to actually lead to anything and Zeno's just going to zap him.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rodyle posted:

Sort of disappointed that episode title leaks indicate the mafuba isn't going to actually lead to anything and Zeno's just going to zap him.

To be fair, Piccolo was able to figure out a way to counter Evil Containment Wave before he even fought Radditz. There was a reason people stopped using it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frk8qYxhTN0&t=176s

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
Regarding the title spoilers:

Is the Zamasu fusion the Super Saiyan God Beerus had a dream about? Was that even in the anime I pretty much skipped the Beerus arc.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

kaiserneko is voice 13.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Kild posted:

kaiserneko is voice 13.

Didn't check the other voices, is it based on a DBZA character? I did find an NPC with Abridged Nappa voice that just says "Vegeta?" when you talk to him.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

BizarroAzrael posted:

Didn't check the other voices, is it based on a DBZA character? I did find an NPC with Abridged Nappa voice that just says "Vegeta?" when you talk to him.

I think it's just his normal voice.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Kaiser's speaking voice would be trunks

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Speaking of, TP Trunk's still has purple hair instead of blue. He is supposed to be the adult Trunks we know from DBZ/Super right?

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
In todays Dragon Ball Super
Trunks is Brolly
and angry Goku is the best Goku!

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

BizarroAzrael posted:

Speaking of, TP Trunk's still has purple hair instead of blue. He is supposed to be the adult Trunks we know from DBZ/Super right?

Blue hair Trunks is a DLC character like Black.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Episode 61 ruled holy poo poo. DBS is amazing.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Zamasu bodyswapped with Goku in some timeline then killed him, Chi Chi and Goten. Our Goku then Got Serious and it was DOPE.

That was fun

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Zamasu bodyswapped with Goku in some timeline then killed him, Chi Chi and Goten. Our Goku then Got Serious and it was DOPE.

That was fun

I guess it was the unseen timeline that the Trunks that was killed by Cell was going back to?

But man, this story arc has been great.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Majinfoose posted:

I guess it was the unseen timeline that the Trunks that was killed by Cell was going back to?

"killed goten"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Majinfoose posted:

No, (i only saw the second half so i could be wrong) he killed Gowasu, went forward in time a year and that time movement is a new timeline and then he wished to swap bodies. Basically a timeline in which Future Trunks didn't come back again with his blue hair because Black hasn't done anything yet thanks to not existing, and so Black easily killed Goku who had never met Zamasu.

TIMELINES!

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Captain Quack posted:

In todays Dragon Ball Super
Trunks is Brolly
and angry Goku is the best Goku!

It checks out.

This episode was full of so many "holy poo poo" moments. :swoon:

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

That was fun

Is this the legendary Go Time?!

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Maple Leaf posted:

Is this the legendary Go Time?!

nah goku got his rear end kicked but now Trunks is hulking out

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

That was fun

That is metal as gently caress

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Hype as poo poo.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
other highlights

Zamasu calmly standing in front of Goku explaining things to him, and then Black shoves a ki blade through Zamasu into Goku's chest

Goku's beatdown on Black ending with him casually backhanding a shocked Zamasu away

The fact that Trunks is going into some insane new super saiyan form with a GAPING HOLE IN THE CENTER OF HIS TORSO

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

StrifeHira posted:

It checks out.

This episode was full of so many "holy poo poo" moments. :swoon:

That's right Zamasu. You're not dealing with the average Super Saiyan anymore...

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
You guys watching the RAWs?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blockhouse posted:

The fact that Trunks is going into some insane new super saiyan form with a GAPING HOLE IN THE CENTER OF HIS TORSO

By the rules of Dragonball getting a new form counts as a free heal.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Dias posted:

You guys watching the RAWs?

I watch it live and read Herms tweets. Dragon Ball is thankfully not too difficult to follow raw.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Thankfully when it comes to Dragonball you can always hit it raw.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Agoat posted:

Thankfully when it comes to Dragonball you can always hit it raw.

"Oh baby I like it raw" - ODBZ

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Majinfoose posted:

I watch it live and read Herms tweets. Dragon Ball is thankfully not too difficult to follow raw.

I have got into the habit of watching it raw as well, and I am starting to vaguely understand the dialog. "Ningen...Ningen....Super Dragonballs....Subarashi!" :downs:

Black sure loves to say "wonderful" a lot. I guess its his catch phrase.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

OhFunny posted:

That's right Zamasu. You're not dealing with the average Super Saiyan anymore...

Hey Vegeta finally got it right!

Over a decade later. In another timeline. Through his son.

Look it still counts alright?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Majinfoose posted:

This is like the one arc where the dialogue might actually matter though, with all these timeline shenanigans. That's why I wait for the subs.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Neenee, I got PT-BR subs already.

Future Zamasu wished himself into Goku's body, killed Goku in his body and then Chichi AND Goten. Goku got mad but let his guard down and got beat up by Gokumasu. Then they went on a spiel about how Trunks was to blame because he kept traveling thru time to fix his mistakes and that's why everyone is dead because he allowed that time poo poo to happen so now Trunks is almost-SSB or something

poo poo's pretty dope.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Did he word his wish to steal Gokus body, and his fighting techniques? Why didn't he chump out, like Captain Ginyu when he did the same thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
Trunks :stare:

Episode owned so hard, do not piss off Goku by killing the beautiful lady who lives in his house.

• Locked thread