Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

KirbyKhan posted:

Yes, this. How can I teach a rational human being to :justpost:

Took me a years on this dead gay forum to get it together and to ride that line of caring and not caring. She's starting out at grammar attacks, we only got 2 months till this election is over.

Buddy I got some bad news. You've got one month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

tecnocrat posted:

Big question I have, has anyone made sure Billy Bush isn't taking handful after handful of pills somewhere?

I love the fact that because of this, now the Bush family can be tarred with the brush of knowing what Trump was, and not doing enough to stop him. I know Billie likely never even thought about this after that day until yesterday, but now, he had the weapon in his hand to end Trump, and didn't use it because to do so might cut him too.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Pakled posted:

Considering Rubio's been ~+5 and Hillary's been ~+3 in Florida, there is some overlap.

The overlap inane idiots are already voting. There are maybe 10s of Hillary/Marco split ticket voters left to turn out. Aside from Hillary already working to get them to vote, the far more concerning issue for the RNC is the Donny/Liddle Marco voter, who is now considering either not showing up or not voting for liddle Marco. There are absolute shitloads of those voters.

Don't get too excited. He isn't endorsing Donny because he fears the Hillary KKKillton death squads that would descend upon him.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Is anyone looking at Owen Ellickson's twitter right now? Because it's devolved into Juggalo fights.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

Yeah every time I've heard the phrase it was used to describe vaping tools who dress street but were, in fact, whiter than the most blinding sunspot.

4chan and co. seem to use it to mean something completely different though :shrug:

Yeah, I think they are two separate insults that just happen to be the same word. The more innocuous one originated from fashion/hip-hop, while the transphobic racist pedophilic homophobic meaning is from 4chan. "Boi" used to be a linguistic tic associated with Asian or Asian-American gamers, and then came to have an association with trans people - maybe due to an underlying sense of sexual ambiguity in misspelling "boy". When discussing 4chan, the underage angle is pretty obvious, and then bam, you have the most degrading thing a GamerGater-type can think of. This is all poo poo that's been simmering in the dark parts of the internet for like 15 years now coming together into concise insults instead of thinly veiled dogwhistling.

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx

trash person posted:

Per CNN, sources say the GOP is mulling a scenario of Pence quitting the ticket. Probably depending on the debate performance.

The look on Christie's face when it ends up being Cruz is going to be priceless.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

On the other hand, Stern is a huge piece of poo poo so anyone who goes on his show should be maligned

Honestly, he's settled down a lot since the mid-90s, particularly the homophobia and sexist remarks. Baba Booey to y'all. Plus he's (oddly) undoubtedly done the election a service by getting Trump to answer yes to the Iraq War.

trash person posted:

Per CNN, sources say the GOP is mulling a scenario of Pence quitting the ticket. Probably depending on the debate performance.

Hahaha who the poo poo would join the Trump ticket at this point? Chris Christie

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

I'm really wondering where the deplorable voters will go once Trump loses. These folks aren't going to be supporting some Kasich or Rubio type candidate in 2020.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Geoff Peterson posted:

The look on Christie's face when it ends up being Cruz is going to be priceless.

They're going to try to give it to Newt and he's going to leap out a window like he was escaping a fire, to be carried away by a loyal swarm of capybaras.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cult member at airport posted:

I'm really wondering where the deplorable voters will go once Trump loses. These folks aren't going to be supporting some Kasich or Rubio type candidate in 2020.
i wasn't kidding about them starting some insane offshoot third party

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Coheed and Camembert posted:

Hahaha who the poo poo would join the Trump ticket at this point? Chris Christie

gotta earn that pardon somehow

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

This is the big question right now--everything that's happening flows from this.

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx

BigRed0427 posted:

Is anyone looking at Owen Ellickson's twitter right now? Because it's devolved into Juggalo fights.

That's because Chris Christie enlisted the aid of ICP to battle the evil clowns Donald was going to use to fill the audience of the town hall tomorrow.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Tom Cotton maybe? Who really knows. There aren't too many like Trump.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Honestly, he's settled down a lot since the mid-90s, particularly the homophobia and sexist remarks. Baba Booey to y'all. Plus he's (oddly) undoubtedly done the election a service by getting Trump to answer yes to the Iraq War.

Rudy Guliani :getin:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Mister Adequate posted:

In the grim brightness of the 3rd millennium, my there is only universal health care.

Can someone please educate my dumb Canadian rear end why supporting UHC is seen as the devil to so many Americans?

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

Chris Christie could be the only man left standing next to Donald Trump and Trump would choose his hair over Chris Christie.

Not to fat shame or read too much into it but Chris Christie always struck me as being a part of the Trump campaign in the same way there's always a fat guy in a group of friends.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Furnaceface posted:

Can someone please educate my dumb Canadian rear end why supporting UHC is seen as the devil to so many Americans?

MHU TAXES!

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

BigRed0427 posted:

no, because it devolved into juggalo fights

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

On the other hand, Stern is a huge piece of poo poo so anyone who goes on his show should be maligned

In a better world being on Stern would be enough to scuttle a candidate

Bassetking
Feb 20, 2008

And it is, it is a glorious thing, to be a Basset King!

trash person posted:

Donald's performance awkward. Bad complexion. Sad! Get Ready 2020!
@theRealMikePence

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

They'll back a crazy person in the primary and ride him until he wins, or support the general Republican candidate if the crazy one flounders. Same as every year.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Sorry guys, still trying to catch up:

Did all of a sudden candidates just start to pull support for Trump or did something else come out/Trump stoke the fire to cause people to do it?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Furnaceface posted:

Because it's believed by a not small number of people that in a UHC system that the government somehow gets to determine what clinics you get to go to, which doctors you get to see, and they can refuse to grant you necessary treatment at any time.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Furnaceface posted:

I always enjoy any narrative regarding how evil public assistance programs are.

I'm a social worker.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Furnaceface posted:

Because our healthcare system is perfect and UHC will ruin it like what happened in Canada and the UK. :jerkbag:

this is what conservatives actually believe

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

I would hope Christie has enough sense to get out while he has the cover of the GOP pulling out, but he will probably stay because who else will do 2am runs for Trump to McDonalds and eat it in front of me while he wears a gimp suit?

Pleasing Shape
Jan 9, 2004

The Vitally Important Pelvic Thrust
I can't stop wondering if there's been any discussion in the backest back room in the RNC about doing a Howard Beale on Trump. I think Alex Jones would literally explode.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Doctor Butts posted:

Sorry guys, still trying to catch up:

Did all of a sudden candidates just start to pull support for Trump or did something else come out/Trump stoke the fire to cause people to do it?

Trump caught on tape bragging about using his celebrity status to grope unwilling women
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...27101&tid=ss_tw

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

trash person posted:

Chris Christie could be the only man left standing next to Donald Trump and Trump would choose his hair over Chris Christie.

Not to fat shame or read too much into it but Chris Christie always struck me as being a part of the Trump campaign in the same way there's always a fat guy in a group of friends.

Trump has said before you gotta keep a fat incompetent guy around for laughs if you want ratings.

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx

Night10194 posted:

They're going to try to give it to Newt and he's going to leap out a window like he was escaping a fire, to be carried away by a loyal swarm of capybaras.

Bachmann actually seems like a plausible option here, which could propel her through MN's GOP Primary in 18 to take a shot at being Governor/Senator.

And it'll put Marcus back in the spotlight!

Bassetking
Feb 20, 2008

Furnaceface posted:

"Because a penny of my taxes could go to a black lazy person who hasn't EARNED the right to be healthy."

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Can someone link that woman who was breaking down Trump's non-apology line by line?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Furnaceface posted:

It was blocked in the 30s-60s when seriously proposed, because the same hospitals and doctors would have to treat both black people and white people.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Night10194 posted:

Trump has said before you gotta keep a fat incompetent guy around for laughs if you want ratings.

Christie doesn't think he's fat or incompetent. That's the only way he could possibly stay.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Geoff Peterson posted:

Bachmann actually seems like a plausible option here, which could propel her through MN's GOP Primary in 18 to take a shot at being Governor/Senator.

And it'll put Marcus back in the spotlight!

Bachmann was the dutiful soldier on CNN earlier today so I could see it.

Trump would announce it by throwing Tic-Tacs at her and grabbing her by her vagina.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

fishmech posted:

It was blocked in the 30s-60s when seriously proposed, because the same hospitals and doctors would have to treat both black people and white people.
Don't forget that Ronald Reagan thought that UHC would literally mean the end of America.

Bassetking
Feb 20, 2008

trash person posted:

I always enjoy any narrative regarding how evil public assistance programs are.

I'm a social worker.

I'm in Grad School right now for my MASW. Writing a paper at the moment, actually. Developmental stages and social theory.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

GOP conference call schedule for Monday morning!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Furnaceface posted:

They believe in survival of the fittest, but only for people not for prehistoric animals.

• Locked thread