Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Lincoln Clay being overtaken by a symbiote would explain a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

So, I've got a weird glitch on the PC. Traffic has decided to go berserk. Cars will just randomly decide to start doing donuts in the middle of intersections. Every intersection is a huge traffic jam with crashes and cars on fire everywhere. Sometimes they'll just swerve into the middle of a building and drive against the wall until they clip through it and explode. It's chaos everywhere. Like the riot from GTA: San Andreas is permanent. It's pretty much impossible to do the tailing missions. The target always crashes before he reaches his destination. Anyone else getting this glitch?

Very similar. Cars love doing doughnuts in the middle of the road, but they refuse to crash into each other. They just enter into Mexican standoffs that never end.

Haven't played with the patch yet though.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

poo poo thats nice. Glad it didnt break anything. hope the PS4/xbone get patched too.

https://mafiagame.com/en/news/view/en-a-look-at-the-post-release-content-coming-to-mafia-3/

sounds bigger then 3 missions.

Basically three story missions... At least they sound better than the same missions we keep playing through this entire game. :(

Everything else is cosmetics and honestly, all the poo poo that should have been in since launch anyway like GTA 5. Witcher 3 DLC was countless story missions, and free cosmetics/armor/cards etc. Would have liked to see the missions described for the DLC in the game... It would have broken up at least SOME of the monotany. It's a struggle right now to even continue playing because it isn't getting any better. Interrogate, kill, deplete boss resources, kill boss. Over, and over, and loving over again. The only thing I remember being different that was cool? Blowing up a construction site and using the fallen crane as a bridge to the boss. I would even take more of that right now.

It sucks because the story is loving fantastic, and the voice acting is good. The shooting rocks and hitting different parts of the body does different things to them. Just solid. Then it's mission time and its mission 33 of the same 32 missions.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Oct 9, 2016

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Utnayan posted:

Basically three story missions... At least they sound better than the same missions we keep playing through this entire game. :(

Everything else is cosmetics and honestly, all the poo poo that should have been in since launch anyway like GTA 5. Witcher 3 DLC was countless story missions, and free cosmetics/armor/cards etc. Would have liked to see the missions described for the DLC in the game... It would have broken up at least SOME of the monotany. It's a struggle right now to even continue playing because it isn't getting any better. Interrogate, kill, deplete boss resources, kill boss. Over, and over, and loving over again. The only thing I remember being different that was cool? Blowing up a construction site and using the fallen crane as a bridge to the boss. I would even take more of that right now.

It sucks because the story is loving fantastic, and the voice acting is good. The shooting rocks and hitting different parts of the body does different things to them. Just solid. Then it's mission time and its mission 33 of the same 32 missions.

Are you trying to do every side mission? If so, stop.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Are you trying to do every side mission? If so, stop.

Hell no, the grind is in the main missions.
Side missions in even worse crap like stealing randomized trucks/boats and driving them back across town.

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.
My biggest complaint about this game is that Clay won't stop wearing that drat ratty military jacket. It's hideous. Get some fashion sense Lincoln.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
And let me get that beard back! :argh:

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I just started the Smack mission and after looking at the map I've noticed that the theater I just liberated is listed as having 30000/50000 earn. How, if possible, do I increase this?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Steam downloaded the patch, but I don't see an option anywhere to modify FPS and the game is still locked at 30. Where is that setting? Also, where do you enable simulation driving?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Nuts and Gum posted:

Steam downloaded the patch, but I don't see an option anywhere to modify FPS and the game is still locked at 30. Where is that setting? Also, where do you enable simulation driving?

display settings in game

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I didn't realize you could tab over right in that view :downs:

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Not sure why people are ragging on this for being repetitive, its no more repetitive than any other open world game. The gunplay and story are excellent, and I've been fortunate enough to avoid the technical problems some people are having. Extremely pleased with this game so far.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Davoren posted:

Not sure why people are ragging on this for being repetitive, its no more repetitive than any other open world game. The gunplay and story are excellent, and I've been fortunate enough to avoid the technical problems some people are having. Extremely pleased with this game so far.

When I did a main story mission to recruit Burke, I went to the same distillery 3 times in the span of an hour. Not a side quest, 3 story missions in a row.

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

Davoren posted:

I wouldn't have as big of an issue with it other than when you are taking over a district you have to literally repeat the same place at least two times for every district. GTA 5 wasn't like this, I don't remember Saints Row being like this, Just Cause series is pretty close but the whole point of that game is blowing poo poo up. I like this game, but I feel like it's become an MMO right now with brief pauses of cool story and then back to the grind.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

At least MMOs have fast travel.

(I'm really enjoying my time with the game but the 2k+ travel trips really make me groan).

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010
So long story short is this game worth the buy right now?

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
i would say hell yes, kill some klanners

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

Verranicus posted:

I just started the Smack mission and after looking at the map I've noticed that the theater I just liberated is listed as having 30000/50000 earn. How, if possible, do I increase this?

Do two optional side missions for Emanuel, they involve running marijuana for the Haitians. After the second one the Earn on theater goes upto 50000.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Afraid of Audio posted:

i would say hell yes, kill some klanners

The shotgun in this game is loving brutal. I was in a shootout with some rednecks, I hit one guy in the head and killed him outright, but the guy behind him took a non-fatal faceshot and just rolled around on the floor and moaned for the rest of the fight.

I'm playing on the XBone, a few hours at a time with the auto aim on high - the gunplay is great; you feel like John Wick when things go right. Quick, brutal action. It is a little repetitive at times if you marathon it, but I'm still having fun 6+ hours in. It's a perfectly fine use of sixty or so bucks as far as video games go.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Oct 9, 2016

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

Ahh, of course I wanted to repeat the huge bathhouse. And of course I wanted to repeat the crane mission. And the distillery. And the boatyard. I swear this is the first single-player game with such a level of repetition. Still fun but daaaamn.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Post patch and the game is a bit better but it's disappointing. The game is most definitely rendering at 720p and upscaling which is very disappointing because I'm only getting 40-60fps with an i5 6600k and a GTX1070. I'm playing at 1440p and all the steam notifications and the overlay are twice the size they should be, not to mention they are all blurry. I really hope there's another patch that makes the game actually render at the resolution I choose. I can't believe console ports have gotten even worse over the years. I thought oversized UI from Bioshock and Oblivion were bad. Really sucks because I am really enjoying this game.

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

Tumble posted:

The shotgun in this game is loving brutal. I was in a shootout with some rednecks, I hit one guy in the head and killed him outright, but the guy behind him took a non-fatal faceshot and just rolled around on the floor and moaned for the rest of the fight.

I'm playing on the XBone, a few hours at a time with the auto aim on high - the gunplay is great; you feel like John Wick when things go right. Quick, brutal action. It is a little repetitive at times if you marathon it, but I'm still having fun 6+ hours in. It's a perfectly fine use of sixty or so bucks as far as video games go.

I went and cleared out the theatre for the first prostitution mission just using a pistol, and by the end their were a whole bunch of dudes just writhing on the floor moaning in miserable pain, which is very impressive, and also super unpleasant.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Got Mafia 1 to work. Just had to unplug my controller before starting. :downs:

God drat that game is loving great.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It really sucks that you can only carry 2 weapons and apparently one of them has to be a pistol/magnum? Because Shotgun is by far the best weapon because you can one-hit kill via blindfire.

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

Ahh, good Deus Ex reference devs ;)

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Tae posted:

It really sucks that you can only carry 2 weapons and apparently one of them has to be a pistol/magnum? Because Shotgun is by far the best weapon because you can one-hit kill via blindfire.

You get a one handed weapon and a two handed weapon. There are one handed automatics and one handed shotguns, haven't actually tried the 1h shotgun though.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
New controls are loving GREAT! Can't believe they weren't default.

Ammo seems SUPER limited. I both love and hate this.

The dying dudes are horrible and great. First firefight in the tutorial Haitian I shot some guy creeping up towards me with a shotgun and he started writhing around and gurgling and it was somehow worse than most other games that do the same thing.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I guess I just had some sort of bug. I restarted and it's rendering fine now.

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

I actually kind of like the limited weapons and ammo, I find myself dropping and swapping weapons a lot more than I normally do in games, which keeps me way more mobile than I probably would be otherwise.

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

The repetition may suck, but drat the big mission setpieces make up for it (big hotel mission... drat good)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kontradaz posted:

The repetition may suck, but drat the big mission setpieces make up for it (big hotel mission... drat good)

yea I'm not thrilled double dipping on side missions and all but I dunno, maybe I'm more easily placated but I think the big story settings and all make up for it enough.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
My argument goes as follows:

A) I'm not that far into the game

B) More opportunities to shoot fuckers in structured situations using this game's awesome gunplay

gently caress yes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What's that icon that shows near bodies supposed to be?

It's an up arrow with a line under it.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Aphrodite posted:

What's that icon that shows near bodies supposed to be?

It's an up arrow with a line under it.

That's the move the body prompt.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 30 days!)

I think you're talking about the icon that shows how you pick up bodies? Down on the d-pad on consoles.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
The double-dipping locations thing doesn't bother me overly much, because there's usually two ways to get into a place, so I try the other approach. It's fairly lazy design though.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Can anyone give me help with the junction box on the south end of Downtown that appears to be underground? I can't seem to find a path in the canals that leads to it.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

The double-dipping locations thing doesn't bother me overly much, because there's usually two ways to get into a place, so I try the other approach. It's fairly lazy design though.

I've noticed a lot of lazy. Like the first Mafia had deformation on the cars when they wrecked but it seems like these cars either don't at all or barely do.

I agree with those that said it feels a lot like the first Saints Row. Their heart's in the right place but their code is not.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The studio has only been around for 21 months, i think it's quite obvious what happened.

They were formed, and inherited a half-finished xbox 360 game. They then spent 7 months building a story around free-roam missions, and the next 12 months smoking weed on the company dime.

That explains why all the buildings and roads and physics and stuff are absolute garbage. The map and engine was built by a previous team for an xbox 360 gen game and pulled out of the trash and pasted together for this release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Do later rackets take longer? People complain about too much repetition but for these early racket missions I'm only having to do one side mission before it tells me I've done enough damage.

^^^ Looking at wikipedia, that loosk like what happened. It says Hangar 13 made this game with the support of 2K Czech. 2K Czech was probably working on Mafia III in 2011/2012 then it got shelved. Then 2K Games had Hangar 13 work on it while having 2K Czech help them figure it out. It definitely looks like it's 360 era assets with modern rendering.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Oct 9, 2016

• Locked thread