Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

The people at the debate are supposed to be undecided voters, right? What if they have all since decided?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I have an aunt who is deep in the tank for Trump.

I haven't seen her post anything on Facebook today. Wonder if I should call in a well-check. She's usually at 10+ a day.

Pleasing Shape
Jan 9, 2004

The Vitally Important Pelvic Thrust

"Mr. Trump, you promised me certain results, 'so much winning' to be exact, and since you failed to deliver on that promise to my satisfaction I've decided not to pay you. Hello? Hello?"

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

trash person posted:

Anderson Cooper obliterates Trump's soul and consumes him
DONALD, I WANT ALL MY GARMONBOZIA (electoral votes and House seats)

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Jazerus posted:

No, there's a point where Trump's ceiling shrinks enough that they're better off disavowing him and emphasizing party unity otherwise, to try to have a higher ceiling than Trump for the downballot races. I don't know if they're actually there yet, but the GOP leadership seems to think they are.

The reactions today from the deplorables who were freaking out at Ryan and other politicians for not standing by Trump makes me wonder if they can do that. The number of Republicans who think completely dumb poo poo like Obama isn't American or Christian suggest that contingent is not tiny and they seem sufficiently angry and crazy to burn down the party to please Lord Trump. Having 4-8% of your base decide to not show up or not vote for establishment candidates means they lose pretty much anywhere contested.

I mean McGovern has his VP shenanigans in August and it still killed him and the party. I can't imagine the impact of a VP dropping in October but it seems unlikely to lead to people rallying around the party.

That's why a quiet Dole strategy to not piss off deplorables but shift money around seems more likely as much as I want open GOP infighting before the election.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

RZA Encryption posted:

The people at the debate are supposed to be undecided voters, right? What if they have all since decided?

I was thinking about that, and have no idea.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

FuzzySlippers posted:

The reactions today from the deplorables who were freaking out at Ryan and other politicians for not standing by Trump makes me wonder if they can do that. The number of Republicans who think completely dumb poo poo like Obama isn't American or Christian suggest that contingent is not tiny and they seem sufficiently angry and crazy to burn down the party to please Lord Trump. Having 4-8% of your base decide to not show up or not vote for establishment candidates means they lose pretty much anywhere contested.

I mean McGovern has his VP shenanigans in August and it still killed him and the party. I can't imagine the impact of a VP dropping in October but it seems unlikely to lead to people rallying around the party.

It's closer to 30-40% of the bastards.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

RZA Encryption posted:

Oh my GOD I forgot they have to answer questions from ordinary people this is going to be BEAUTIFUL

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Nessus posted:

"donald I want all my lasagna" - garfield before brutaly destroying donald trump on stage

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
Garfield is true american values compared to the trumpist dilbert

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

https://twitter.com/theclobra/status/784927879566135297

Trump is awful but having dealt with bedbugs before I feel they should have rated less electable by comparison

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

freebooter posted:

Oh my GOD I forgot they have to answer questions from ordinary people this is going to be BEAUTIFUL

"Mr. Trump. I've appreciated your stance on illegal immigrants. I'm wondering what your process would be in deporting them. Would you grab them by their pussies?"

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

RZA Encryption posted:

"Durrr, politics is BORING! I haven't paid attention to the news for months!" -the people likely attending.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

Trump is awful but having dealt with bedbugs before I feel they should have rated less electable by comparison

This is how David Duke rates so high with minorities.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Ciaphas posted:

This poll was from august.

It's probably worse now.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

The tweet doesn't even mention that bubonic plague is more electable than Trump

the plague: better than Donald J. Trump

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

trash person posted:

"Mr. Trump. I've appreciated your stance on illegal immigrants. I'm wondering what your process would be in deporting them. Would you grab them by their pussies?"

"Mr. Trump. How exactly do you plan to grab a pussy with your small hands?"

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Ciaphas posted:

Donald Trump considered worse than Mosquitoes, the most lethal animal in the world

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Ciaphas posted:

I would rather vote for 4 California King mattresses duct taped together that serve as a virtual hive for bedbugs and their overload queen soaked in curry and sleep on it for 4 years before I vote for Trump.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Rookersh posted:

"Mr. Trump. How exactly do you plan to grab a pussy with your small hands?"

"You probably can't even get the whole pussy, do you have to use two hands? Give her the claw? Show us on this dummy."

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

I can still tolerate Duke more than I can Trump. Go Heels. :colbert:

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Nessus posted:

Donald Trump is the only tv dad creepier than Leland.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
Eh, I dunno. I think probably none of this will matter and Trump will win. Did you see the poo poo Wikileaks put out about Crooked Hillary?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Imagine expecting Donald Trump to give money back to you

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
I don't get Giuliani's endgame here. Isn't he supposed to be a social/political climber? Is he looking to be the front of the new emerging "gently caress the free market, just bash the darkies" bloc?

It's actually disquieting. I hope he doesn't have any young kids or he might pull a Frau Goebbels and crack cyanide capsules inside their sleeping mouths when the results come in, sparing them the horrible life in a world without President Pizza Rat, then go play solitaire.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Sephyr posted:

I don't get Giuliani's endgame here. Isn't he supposed to be a social/political climber? Is he looking to be the front of the new emerging "gently caress the free market, just bash the darkies" bloc?

It's actually disquieting. I hope he doesn't have any young kids or he might pull a Frau Goebbels and crack cyanide capsules inside their sleeping mouths when the results come in, sparing them the horrible life in a world without President Pizza Rat, then go play solitaire.

He's a stupid mother fucker.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

freebooter posted:

Well, the questions were prescreened, so I doubt there will be any references to pussy-grabbing unless someone goes rogue when they get the mic (oh please oh please).

We can always hope for Raddatz and/or Cooper to bring it up...

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Sephyr posted:

He's obsessed with climbing, yes, but he's also too stupid to realize that this is not a mountain you want to be climbing.

Preview EDIT: Beaten

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Dexo posted:

If I'm Hillary that's the first loving thing I'm doing. Bring up Pence's and Trum...Actually you know what. For maximum pissing off of Donald I would do everything in my power to do nothing but attack Pence's LGBT and Womans rights thoughts.

Imagine how pissed Trump would be if she just blows him off no longer seeing him as a threat.

I would love to see her do that until he explodes and then reply "Sorry, I thought you were being replaced on the ticket. Guess you can't believe everything you read on the internet."

FuzzySlippers posted:

That's why a quiet Dole strategy to not piss off deplorables but shift money around seems more likely as much as I want open GOP infighting before the election.

You can only do a Dole if the candidate is in on it and agrees with the plan. Donny has been slighted and his pride wounded, there is no power on this Earth that can get him to quietly go along with the traitorous, corrupt system looking to steal the Presidency from him and the silent majority he represents.

Bassetking
Feb 20, 2008

And it is, it is a glorious thing, to be a Basset King!

woke wedding drone posted:

Imagine expecting Donald Trump to give money back to you

Par for the course for that level of cognitive dissonance.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Sephyr posted:

Don't you insult Pizza Rat by comparing him or her to Trump

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Selachian posted:

Well, the questions were prescreened, so I doubt there will be any references to pussy-grabbing unless someone goes rogue when they get the mic (oh please oh please).

We can always hope for Raddatz and/or Cooper to bring it up...

The Silver Fox will absolutely bring it up

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
You know, I no longer feel like a poo poo heel for thinking this, but I believe that Juanita Broderick wasn't raped. Like, categorically across the board think she's full of poo poo. There's no way you hear Donald Trump talk about sexually assaulting women and think that it's just "saying things", especially when you're doing it as a defense. Like, it's so unlike a rape victim to call out their rapist while defending another talk about raping women. I've worked with more rape victims than I care to remember, and nothing in my experiences or training has ever mentioned this as a possibility that someone would do unless the rapist they were defending had a family or romantic tie to them.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Giuliani once attacked a victim of a wrongful police shooting as "no altar boy". The victim turned out, in fact, to have literally been an altar boy at the same Catholic school Giuliani attended. Being hilariously, epicly wrong is nothing new for him.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Giuliani once attacked a victim of a wrongful police shooting as "no altar boy". The victim turned out, in fact, to have literally been an altar boy at the same Catholic school Giuliani attended. Being hilariously, epicly wrong is nothing new for him.

LMFAOOO holy poo poo Giuliani is probably number 1 at wrong place wrong time, with Ted Cruz bringing up the rear.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Meet the Press tomorrow morning will consist of Rudy Giuliani, Mike Lee, and Nancy Pelosi.

Buckle up ladies and gentlemen.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

gfsincere posted:

You know, I no longer feel like a poo poo heel for thinking this, but I believe that Juanita Broderick wasn't raped. Like, categorically across the board think she's full of poo poo. There's no way you hear Donald Trump talk about sexually assaulting women and think that it's just "saying things", especially when you're doing it as a defense. Like, it's so unlike a rape victim to call out their rapist while defending another talk about raping women. I've worked with more rape victims than I care to remember, and nothing in my experiences or training has ever mentioned this as a possibility that someone would do unless the rapist they were defending had a family or romantic tie to them.

Noooo turn leeeeeft

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ogmius815 posted:

How do you think Clinton will deal with the speech transcripts? I know this thread isn't worried about them but I think they're really and. If Trump hadn't chosen Friday to melt down I think it would be a real problem, and it still might.

It doesn't matter. Wikileaks could drop a video of Hillary stomping a baby to death with her sensible yet fashionable flats and a)the Hillaryites would insist that baby-stomping is actually good, and b)it wouldn't matter at all because the Trump campaign has completely flatlined. A Gary Johnson presidency is about as likely at this point.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

The Insect Court posted:

It doesn't matter. Wikileaks could drop a video of Hillary stomping a baby to death with her sensible yet fashionable flats and a)the Hillaryites would insist that baby-stomping is actually good, and b)it wouldn't matter at all because the Trump campaign has completely flatlined. A Gary Johnson presidency is about as likely at this point.

gently caress off TIC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Night of the Dull Knives.

• Locked thread