Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Doctor Butts posted:

Night of the Dull Knives.
I thought we decided on this earlier.
This is the night of yuuuge knives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

trash person posted:

"Mr. Trump. I've appreciated your stance on illegal immigrants. I'm wondering what your process would be in deporting them. Would you grab them by their pussies?"

I genuinely want the crowd to just troll the poo poo out of the debate and take it as least seriously as possible.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

StarAmerican Citizen.

GOP should get Derek Smart on the phone to get a refund.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

I genuinely want the crowd to just troll the poo poo out of the debate and take it as least seriously as possible.

I'm guessing the audience will get an extra special briefing on decorum before this one just based on how ridiculous the 48 hours preceding it have been.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

The Insect Court posted:

It doesn't matter. Wikileaks could drop a video of Hillary stomping a baby to death with her sensible yet fashionable flats and a)the Hillaryites would insist that baby-stomping is actually good, and b)it wouldn't matter at all because the Trump campaign has completely flatlined. A Gary Johnson presidency is about as likely at this point.

Tell us more about how WE are actually the deplorable ones.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Giuliani once attacked a victim of a wrongful police shooting as "no altar boy". The victim turned out, in fact, to have literally been an altar boy at the same Catholic school Giuliani attended. Being hilariously, epicly wrong is nothing new for him.

Rudy is also responsible for the deaths of numerous first responders when the WTC came down since their radios had poor/no reception in buildings like those, needed replaced and weren't, so responders who could've made it out never got a clear signal to flee.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

sarmhan posted:

I thought we decided on this earlier.
This is the night of yuuuge knives.

I'm partial to Night of the Schlonged Knives

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Holy poo poo. Four THOUSAND posts in this thread since yesterday. Don't think I've ever seen that before. :psyduck:

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
At least Trump has managed to grab one big endorsement recently:

https://mobile.twitter.com/dgatopoulos/status/784835239931674625

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

RocktheCaulk posted:

So how is Hillary going to deflect the Trump attacks on Bill? What's the strategy?
My suggestion would be to turn it right back on him and crucify him for acting as though a woman is merely an extension of her husband and therefore responsible for what he does. Then use that to start going into a longer list of reasons why it's clear Donnie hates women.

But as other posters said, she's been preparing for this line of attack for years, so she's definitely going to have something up her sleeve even if it isn't this.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

speng31b posted:

I'm guessing the audience will get an extra special briefing on decorum before this one just based on how ridiculous the 48 hours preceding it have been.

Anderson Cooper: For the love of GOD no one say pussy. And "big phony tits" is out too.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Sephyr posted:

I don't get Giuliani's endgame here. Isn't he supposed to be a social/political climber? Is he looking to be the front of the new emerging "gently caress the free market, just bash the darkies" bloc?

It's actually disquieting. I hope he doesn't have any young kids or he might pull a Frau Goebbels and crack cyanide capsules inside their sleeping mouths when the results come in, sparing them the horrible life in a world without President Pizza Rat, then go play solitaire.
Rudy misses being America's Mayor in the days after 9/11 and everybody wanting to slob his knob. Then it came out that he really didn't spend much time at Ground Zero, and hosed up the aftermath really bad. He was supposed to be on a committee investigating the Iraq War in 2005, and he didn't bother to show up to that job at all. He saw hitching himself to his old buddy as his chance to revitalize his legacy but he's just going to drive it further into the dog poo poo.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

ComradeCosmobot posted:

At least Trump has managed to grab one big endorsement recently:

https://mobile.twitter.com/dgatopoulos/status/784835239931674625
One of the more surreal moments I had in Greece was seeing a Golden Dawn protest in front of Parliament in commemoration of the fall of Constantinople. It was 550 years ago guys.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Having never looked into the Juanita Broaddrick claims and without the time to do so before the debate, can someone sum up the evidence for/against (or if you know good links that could be quick reads)? Even if the whole situation afterwards (the threatening and whatnot) seems a bit ... overplayed? (not sure what word I'm looking for here is), it still is a very serious claim, and the claim is at least feasible inside of the power structure dynamic and (alleged) behaviors of Bill?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Casimir Radon posted:

Scott Adams should have just stayed satisfied being known as the Dilbert Guy. Nobody hated the Dilbert guy. He wasn't going to rank up there with Calvin and Hobbes or anything but at least he wouldn't have been associated with Garfield or The Lockhorns.

What? Garfield man is smart as hell. Keeps his mouth shut, got the cash rolling in, hasn't had to actually draw his strip on a regular basis since the early 90s because he has workers for that (though he still draws strips from time to time). Even runs a legit charity aimed at making sure kids don't grow up without learning how to read.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Mr Interweb posted:

Holy poo poo. Four THOUSAND posts in this thread since yesterday. Don't think I've ever seen that before. :psyduck:

I dont think any country has ever had a Donald Trump run for president before.

Its new and interesting and kind of like watching a car crash in slow motion. I know bad things are happening in my country and I should be furious but I cant stop watching.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

gfsincere posted:

You know, I no longer feel like a poo poo heel for thinking this, but I believe that Juanita Broderick wasn't raped. Like, categorically across the board think she's full of poo poo. There's no way you hear Donald Trump talk about sexually assaulting women and think that it's just "saying things", especially when you're doing it as a defense. Like, it's so unlike a rape victim to call out their rapist while defending another talk about raping women. I've worked with more rape victims than I care to remember, and nothing in my experiences or training has ever mentioned this as a possibility that someone would do unless the rapist they were defending had a family or romantic tie to them.

Ehhh, talking about how rape victims are supposed to act is a bad path to go down

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

fishmech posted:

What? Garfield man is smart as hell. Keeps his mouth shut, got the cash rolling in, hasn't had to actually draw his strip on a regular basis since the early 90s because he has workers for that (though he still draws strips from time to time). Even runs a legit charity aimed at making sure kids don't grow up without learning how to read.
Yeah but it's not funny. He's also a bit of a whore, he released an official Garfield Without Garfield book to cash in on that while it was relevant. Jim Davis isn't a bad person his creation just isn't something enjoyable by anyone over 7.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Turmoil reigns inside Trump Tower
Sunday’s debate is a chance for Trump to survive, not win.

I just can't get tired of reading poo poo like this. Start writing those campaign memoirs!

speng31b
May 8, 2010

RocktheCaulk posted:

So how is Hillary going to deflect the Trump attacks on Bill? What's the strategy?

"I've been struggling with this over the past decade as a wife, a mother, and a government official. I can see that you've been struggling with it, too, Donald - struggling with the ethics of bringing it up. I'm glad to see you've resolved your struggle so quickly, and with such unsurprising results. Yes, let's talk about it..."

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

My suggestion would be to turn it right back on him and crucify him for acting as though a woman is merely an extension of her husband and therefore responsible for what he does. Then use that to start going into a longer list of reasons why it's clear Donnie hates women.

But as other posters said, she's been preparing for this line of attack for years, so she's definitely going to have something up her sleeve even if it isn't this.

Yeah, something like "I am Hillary Clinton, I am not my husband. I am a woman, and I chose to stand by my family during hard times." Something similar could be an answer for the history books.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Having never looked into the Juanita Broaddrick claims and without the time to do so before the debate, can someone sum up the evidence for/against (or if you know good links that could be quick reads)? Even if the whole situation afterwards (the threatening and whatnot) seems a bit ... overplayed? (not sure what word I'm looking for here is), it still is a very serious claim, and the claim is at least feasible inside of the power structure dynamic and (alleged) behaviors of Bill?

Wikipedia for her side below link for arguments against.

http://articles.latimes.com/1999/feb/26/local/me-11829

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

FuzzySlippers posted:

I just can't get tired of reading poo poo like this. Start writing those campaign memoirs!

It looks like you forgot to close a URL tag or something, there's only one link.

e: Oh wait that's the subtitle to the article. Nevermind.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

FuzzySlippers posted:

Check out the top 10 most read. 9 of them are about how the last 36 hours have been a slow-motion trainwreck, yet #7 is "GOP insiders: It's not a knockout punch". :v:

Game Change 3 is going to have to be about 900 pages long by this point.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Petr posted:

Eh, I dunno. I think probably none of this will matter and Trump will win. Did you see the poo poo Wikileaks put out about Crooked Hillary?

I think HRC should improve her chances by promising to enforce biblical law upon those who molest animals.

Crowsbeak fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Oct 9, 2016

swimgus
Oct 24, 2005
Camlin bought me this account because I'm a Jew!
I don't get it. How is this the thing that stops the Trumpmeister? I mean what he said was terrible and all, but it was 11 years ago and he didn't know he was being recorded, and he's said a shitload of almost-as-bad things in public since he started running for president.

Is it because he said the "gently caress" and "pussy"? Or were all the politicians that decided to support him initially and realized it was a bad idea just waiting for an excuse to jump ship?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

swimgus posted:

I don't get it. How is this the thing that stops the Trumpmeister? I mean what he said was terrible and all, but it was 11 years ago and he didn't know he was being recorded, and he's said a shitload of almost-as-bad things in public since he started running for president.

Give specific examples of things he's said that white women would find offensive that's nearly as bad as this.

I specify white women because that's the tipping point.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

U-DO Burger posted:

Ehhh, talking about how rape victims are supposed to act is a bad path to go down

I didn't say how they were supposed to act, I'm saying Ive seen almost every reaction possible from rape victims and can rationalize all of their thoughts and emotions, but hers makes no logical sense whatsoever by any stretch of the imagination. It literally makes no sense to condemn one rapist to promote another that you have zero ties to. You can't rah rah about ignoring victims of rape while ignoring victims of rape in 140 characters without an ulterior motive.

Not saying I haven't seen rape victims defend rapists, but 100% of the time, the rapist was a relative or they were romantically tied in some way. She has zero ties to Trump to defend his rapey ways.

Idk, but I think that her and Bill had consensual sex and he probably even told her he was going to leave his wife but absolutely just got his nut off and deleted her number (scratched her name out of his phone book).

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

swimgus posted:

Is it because he said the "gently caress" and "pussy"? Or were all the politicians that decided to support him initially and realized it was a bad idea just waiting for an excuse to jump ship?

It's because up to this point it was only assumed that he was a sexual predator. Now he's on record all but admitting to it.

e: Well, that and most of the GOP are cowards who are only jumping ship now because it's convenient.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

swimgus posted:

He has not in fact said anything as damning (to Republicans) as "I sexually assault women on a regular basis."

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Slate interviews some Trump supporters.

quote:

“When men get together, I think we all know, they talk in ways that they would never talk in public,” she said. “It’s called one-upmanship, who can be the biggest braggart. I’m not the least bit concerned about that, especially when we know that Bill raped all these women, and Hillary just didn’t care and called them bimbos.”

quote:

I asked her what she thought of all the Republicans who were turning their backs on Trump. “I don’t think they are,” she replied. “I think that’s a lot of baloney.” What about McCain? “Nobody’s changing their position, OK?” she responded. I insisted that McCain had. “McCain is establishment. He’s New World Order” she said. “He’s as fraudulent as all the rest of them.” But the party as a whole, she maintained, wouldn’t wobble. “If they really care about this country and they care what happens to it, they will not change their position, and they’ll stay with Trump,” she said. “If they don’t care about this country and they want New World Order and they want ridiculous Muslim immigration and they want to turn this country into an Islamic country, they will vote for Hillary.”

quote:

As we spoke, Joey Zeno, a 47-year-old doorman from Brooklyn, interrupted to say, “If I gave you a bowl of Skittles and I told you that three of them might kill you, that’s the same with these Syrian refugees.” I asked Zeno what he thought of the Republicans calling on Trump to drop out. “They’re all part of the establishment,” he said. “They’re all part of the globalist agenda.”

Jul 11, 2003

by astral

swimgus posted:

It's because he's advocating sexual assault. Just grabbing women by the pussy cause he's famous. He did this while his wife was pregnant to another women who was married. Its adultery, sexual assault, and vulgar language from a 60 yo guy.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

swimgus posted:

he admitted he forces himself on other people in a sexual fashion, which is a thing that 90% of humans agree is horrible. sorry about your lack of understanding re: human behavior

if i walked up to you and grabbed your dick, would you like that, or not like that? think about it for a minute

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

swimgus posted:

How are people not understanding why this is a huge deal?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Mr.Citrus posted:

Wikipedia for her side below link for arguments against.

http://articles.latimes.com/1999/feb/26/local/me-11829

Thanks

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

swimgus posted:

He bragged about using his celebrity status to get away with sexual assault.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Pakled posted:

He bragged about using his celebrity status to get away with sexual assault.
The tone is one of the things that really sells it. He's deadly serious and enormously creepy about it. There's no doubt that he is relating things that actually happened and stating things he actually thinks.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

WampaLord posted:

A lot of the reporting doesn't actually play up the fact that he actually TRIED to sexually assault Nancy O'Dell. Most reporting plays up the least damning line.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

WampaLord posted:

autism, personality disorder, social awkwardness, party loyalty, misogyny, take your pick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

swimgus posted:

Because white women (all women actually but only white women matter for his numbers as everyone else hates him already) aren't exactly fans of sexual assault, and the fact that what he's describing is basically a grown up rich Brock Turner who does this in the daylight with conscious victims is a bridge too far.

• Locked thread