Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

fadam posted:

http://www.meeplemart.com/store/p/14736-Modifx-Magnets-Booster-Pack-3-00mm.aspx does anyone have any experience with Modifx magnets? I'm wondering if these will be good enough to Magnetize my Ret heavy jacks.

I've used these as well and they are good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Jimmy Hats posted:

Those are the exact ones i buy, from the same retailer! I suggest the 3mm ones. They have fantastic pull strength.

Thanks!

I'm not too familiar with how Ret jacks are assembled, how many magnets will I need to fully assemble a Sphinx/Banshee/Daemon kit?

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Have to say, one thing I don't like about pp is how they'll build a hype train for something literally years away. I mean i know it's a dumb thing to complain about because the alternative would be just not knowing anything, but, I've been waiting for this dumb siege crawler for 3 years. It's finally out next month and I'm probably not going to get it now because the excitement has all long since worn off.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
There was worry last page about the ret arcanists being nerfed. I really don't think that will happen, because without them ret jacks will go back to barely being used. Ret jacks are pillow fisted and focus inefficient.

Nighttheii
Nov 21, 2007
hi

fadam posted:

Thanks!

I'm not too familiar with how Ret jacks are assembled, how many magnets will I need to fully assemble a Sphinx/Banshee/Daemon kit?

The heads all look so similar that I'd say just one in each wrist and one in the shoulder cannon part. So, 3 on the chassis, 3 on each set of weapons.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
None of the games I've had into ret have felt too overpowered. Dawn guards probably need a bit of toning down but otherwise they seem fine.

That said I'm sitting on my cash until the errata drops.

Aix Athanatos
Nov 3, 2011
Yeh, Sentinels being the best armoured unit in the faction AND having built in pathfinder kinda puts them head and shoulders above the other melee options in ret. They could just buff halberdiers and infiltrators to compete though :v:

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
They're mk2 bane knights with shield less shieldwall for 1 more point. Maybe that's how they can fix banes, they do have shields and all.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

So direct spirits for Zaal changed, again. The new ruling is even more confusing as I think you can't feed souls anymore from a separate unit, and it seems like taking the extoller advocate is less attractive with Zaal now?

If you haven't made the plunge into a Zaal list yet, I would hold off.

The decision puzzles me to say the least, especially as Mk3 was supposed to simplify things.

quote:

When Direct Spirits is used, it is only modifying the proximity requirements for gathering souls.

There are a few different Soul Taker abilities within Skorne.
Soul Taker: Soul Cage - Kovaas
Soul Taker: Cull Soul - Void Seer Mordikaar
Soul Taker: Gatekeeper - Ancestral Guardian, Extoller Soulward, Hakaar the Destroyer, Aptimus Marketh
Soul Taker: Reclaim - Zaal, the Ancestral Advocate (Zaal 2)
Soul Taker: Shepherd - Extoller Advocate

You can only move the soul token around to models that can accept the soul token as if they were all within equal proximity of the model to gather it. You must follow the requirements within each Soul Taker for what type of soul token that model can accept.

Examples:
- Zaal 2 is B2B with an Immortal trooper. The Immortal trooper is part of a unit with an Extoller Advocate. The Extoller Advocate is not in B2B with the Immortal. If that Immortal model was destroyed by an enemy attack, both Zaal 2 and the Extoller Advocate are eligible to gather the soul token. Proximity would force Zaal 2 to take the soul token over the Extoller Advocate. Direct Spirits would allow Zaal 2's controlling player to instead give the soul token to the Extoller Advocate.
- Zaal 2 is B2B with an Immortal trooper. The Immortal trooper is part of a unit with an Extoller Advocate. The Extoller Advocate is not in B2B with the Immortal. If that Immortal model was destroyed by a friendly attack, only the Extoller Advocate is eligible to gather the soul token. Direct Spirits does not allow Zaal 2's controlling player to give the soul token to Zaal 2.

You still cannot exceed the token limit specified by the different Soul Taker rules.

You can use Direct Spirits to give a soul token from within the control range to models outside the control range.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

"But don't worry because we're rewriting skorne in a few months anyhow."

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

The soul collecting poo poo from Skorne is hilariously convoluted right now, I dunno how they managed that poo poo.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
So Zaal just replaces the rulebook 'soul tokens go to the closest eligible target' with 'you choose which of the eligible targets for souls receive them' right?

So yeah, no moving souls from one unit's extoller advocate to another.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Haley2 in incursion - still loving annoying

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

xiw posted:

So Zaal just replaces the rulebook 'soul tokens go to the closest eligible target' with 'you choose which of the eligible targets for souls receive them' right?

So yeah, no moving souls from one unit's extoller advocate to another.

I think it's more than that. With the example specifically stating B2B people say basically play Zaal as you did in Mk2, but I am confused. By the Infernal specifically stating B2B it sounds like if an eligible model is closer to the unit granting the soul that, then that unit or model takes precedence.

But there are like 6 different soul abilities, like how the Extolled advocate can only get souls from Immortals, and Zaal's direct spirits applying only to warrior models, but Extoller soul wards are able to gain souls from living warbeats that die, but the soul ward could take one of the beast souls and then transfer that to a model that wouldn't normally be able to get that kind of soul.

Yeah

S.J.
May 19, 2008

PaintVagrant posted:

Haley2 in incursion - still loving awesome at being a time wizaaaaarrrrrddddd

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Anyone playing Reznik1? I have a list, but I have no idea if its any good. Played it against Haley2 in incursion. Was in the game, but had to bring in Reznik to kill some jacks (my battlegroup had to split to contest) and he got murked.

Rez1
Hierophant
Scourge of Heresy
Reckoner
Redeemer
Guardian
Vigilant

Max Flamebringers
Max Choir
Nicea
Wrack
Mechanik

S.J.
May 19, 2008

The only lists I've seen/played against involved arcing Brand of Heresy and then nuking the poo poo out of something with 2 x redeemers, a reckoner, and a few other things. Very little infantry in the lists other than Idrians and support stuff. One of them didn't even have Choir and did just fine.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

PaintVagrant posted:

Anyone playing Reznik1? I have a list, but I have no idea if its any good. Played it against Haley2 in incursion. Was in the game, but had to bring in Reznik to kill some jacks (my battlegroup had to split to contest) and he got murked.

Rez1
Hierophant
Scourge of Heresy
Reckoner
Redeemer
Guardian
Vigilant

Max Flamebringers
Max Choir
Nicea
Wrack
Mechanik

Here's my Reznik1 list:

Rez
3x Redeemers
Reckoner
Guardian
Revenger
Max Flameguard
Max Choir
2x Wrack
Vassal
2x Allegiant

The Revenger exists solely to run forward on turn 1 and try to arc Brand unto anything. The money shot is having Brand upkept at the start of turn 2, nuking it's target to dust, and then arcing the Brand unto a second target, and also nuking that. The Allegiants and Flameguard jam, while your Guardian does double duty finishing damaged targets and being an arc node. This list is super fun, Reznik1 is definitely my favorite Menoth caster in Mk3.

You really really really want at least two and preferably three Redeemers in a Reznik1 list. I cannot overstate how absolutely nuts they are with Brand.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
How are Fennblades in mk3? I like the look of them, might two max units be viable?

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

StuG Jeebus posted:

How are Fennblades in mk3? I like the look of them, might two max units be viable?

On paper they seem good but whenever I have faced against them I clear the vast majority off the table with gun shots before they ever become a big issue.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Nobody in my meta runs any jack/beast spam lists. I'm interesting in Vyros and a buttload of Griffons because I think the Griffon model is really great. Any advice?

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

fadam posted:

Nobody in my meta runs any jack/beast spam lists. I'm interesting in Vyros and a buttload of Griffons because I think the Griffon model is really great. Any advice?

Vyros2
7 Griffons
Imperatus
2 Aspis
Lanyssa
Lys Healer
3 Arcanist

I've been playing Vyros 2 on and off since he came out and this is by far the most fun I've had playing him. When MK3 dropped I tried a couple units with him instead of all Griffons, but I found all it really did was just give my opponents POW 10-12 guns something to do. Plus, jamming this list is a terrible idea, as you're really just giving him synergy fodder. Having throw away Griffons has also been helpful, as with the previous builds I've found it running out of steam after the first 3 or so Griffons die.

Lys healer is there because this is my Legion drop and Lylyth3 can be a problem without her.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

StuG Jeebus posted:

Fennblades are insanely good in MK3. They're really good.

Also a recent game prompted the creation of this:

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Has anyone playing gators found a use or a caster that works well with posse or is it an uphill battle?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

StuG Jeebus posted:

I see Madrak2 lists run 2 max units of them pretty regularly. They are pretty good and great with him.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Irusk 2 question:

Fire For Effect is written as follows:
Boost the attack and damage rolls of target friendly Faction model's first ranged attach each activation.

could i use this on a CRA attack considering you choose one model in the unit to make the attack and everyone else boosts the roll?

edit: any tips or tricks with Irusk2 in general? i think i might try him in a 15 point game. list is probably looking like this:
irusk2
- juggernaught
- second warjack (idk which yet, recommendations would be great)
- 10 winter guard riflemen

Business Gorillas fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Oct 10, 2016

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

Business Gorillas posted:

Irusk 2 question:

Fire For Effect is written as follows:
Boost the attack and damage rolls of target friendly Faction model's first ranged attach each activation.

could i use this on a CRA attack considering you choose one model in the unit to make the attack and everyone else boosts the roll?

edit: any tips or tricks with Irusk2 in general? i think i might try him in a 15 point game. list is probably looking like this:
irusk2
- juggernaught

Checks out to me. So long as the primary attacker in the CRA is the FFE target. There nothing in CRA that disqualifies boosting or vice versa. Jesus Christ that's going to hit like a truck.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

waah posted:

Has anyone playing gators found a use or a caster that works well with posse or is it an uphill battle?

Maybe Maelock for the armor buff, but he's the worst warlock in minions. If you don't mind going cross species, I think Helga putting Defenders Ward on them is your best bet.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Raerlynn posted:

Checks out to me. So long as the primary attacker in the CRA is the FFE target. There nothing in CRA that disqualifies boosting or vice versa. Jesus Christ that's going to hit like a truck.

Not something to be relied upon tho. It's a neat piece of tech for a finishing blow but there's no worse feeling than rolling 2s and 1s on the damage roll.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

albany academy posted:

Not something to be relied upon tho. It's a neat piece of tech for a finishing blow but there's no worse feeling than rolling 2s and 1s on the damage roll.

i basically need to one shot the spray dog from cryx before it can get to my delicate comrades

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

rydiafan posted:

Maybe Maelock for the armor buff, but he's the worst warlock in minions. If you don't mind going cross species, I think Helga putting Defenders Ward on them is your best bet.

Crap. That's what I was worried about. Trying to stay gator purist, because I have tons of croaks and gators from Skorne Mk2. I also have a few gator war beasts. If I buy Helga, then I need pig warbeasts and gently caress that. Sounds like I am gonna go through with a terrible plan if Maelok with a blind walker arc node throwing mortality on targets so that the 1 posse member that survived the approach can kill something.

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

albany academy posted:

Definitely. Nice trick for putting the fear of God in a low model count arm/def skew list though.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Alpha Phoenix posted:

Fennblades are insanely good in MK3. They're really good.

Also a recent game prompted the creation of this:

Only played against them twice, but I was not impressed either time. First time they were trivially removed with shooting to the point that they couldn't really vengeance more than a handful of models. Second time it was into the Helyenna double sentinel list (guy wanted to try out vs. common tourney stuff) and my halberdiers jammed and killed enough to make them a non-issue after the sentinel counter attack.

As an aside, I think I might have screwed something up during the game. A Kriel unit had Hero's Tragedy and had killed a few sentinels the previous turn. I did my vengeance attacks, then fell down. On my activation, I was able to stand up and swing again, meaning the Kriels were trivially killed. Is this really the way the interaction is supposed to work? It could just be that sentinels are easy mode right now, but it felt all game like my opponent was unable to do anything meaningful against me and I dictated pace completely.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
For a few weeks I was using karax souls to fuel extoller advocates to give immortals turn 1 souls so they could ghostly through terrain or speed up, and to turn on hakaar's ghost shield. For a brief, shining moment I thought my zaal2 list could be useful, I could maximize immortal effectiveness without forcing immortals to die.

Back into the box they go. If the errata doesn't make them better, my entire zaal2 list is getting sold off and I'm sticking to running morg1 or naaresh with nothing but beasts and paingivers.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Lol "that ability was useful so we had to make a weird ruling which negates most of its usefulness oh and btw the whole faction is going to be errata'd anyway"

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

waah posted:

Rask seems like he'd do well with them. Fury puts them up to a very good pow 16 on 2 attacks and the feat and/or veil can help deliver them to the fight.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I was using this list. I would kill a karax or two first turn to put souls in important places, and using the remaining ones to advance up behind terrain to be used for jamming later. The bone grinders were there for craft talisman because Skorne has no loving arc nodes, so that I could get off decently ranged annihilations with Zaal or try for a sunder spirit assassination if I could get a lot of souls on him. Only needed one bone grinder so the other 3 could block charge lanes, but they were useful sometimes for grievous wounds. The titans when enraged could do a decent bit, they'd put enough hurt onto an armor skew that the infantry could finish them off and the sentry helped keep Zaal alive. Vision on a shield guard is fun, though in a heavy ranged threat environment vision would go on Zaal or maybe Hakaar depending.

Skorne Army - 75 / 75 points

(Zaal 2) Zaal, the Ancestral Advocate [+29]
- Titan Sentry [15]
- Titan Cannoneer [17]
Immortals (max) [15]
- Extoller Advocate [4]
Immortals (max) [15]
- Extoller Advocate [4]
Ancestral Guardian [5]
Ancestral Guardian [5]
Hakaar the Destroyer [7]
Praetorian Karax (min) [7]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (min) [5]
Farrow Bone Grinders (min) [5]

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
To the above interaction of sentinels and hero's tradgedy if you vengeance, get KD you cannot stand up later because they were KD that turn.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The best part of switching to Ret from Cygnar so far as been how many models work well for multiple casters. My case feels a shitload lighter now that I can just cram Discordia and two units of Sentinels in to every list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Business Gorillas posted:

irusk2
- juggernaught

so for this list, i'm stuck on the second warjack between a Kodiak (which is apparently p good with Irusk's feat) with a Rocketeer on the Winter Guard or Ruin. which one would be better to try out?*

* - i'm playing against Cryx so i know ruin will poo poo on him, but i'm not sure how ruin works against non-cryx armies