Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Gyges posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaTO8_KNcuo

Jesus, we finally remember that Natsu had magic cancer and it turns out it wasn't magic cancer this whole time. It was actually way more dangerous than magic cancer, but will inevitably be turned into a power up.

Since Lucy is technically the protagonist of the manga, is there any other protagonist ever who managed never, ever win. Not even once?

Kumagawa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

kidcoelacanth posted:

My reaction to this chapter is that Levy is cute well bye

I just hope her shirt isn't actually made of iron. That's just a bit much, Mashima.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Creepy Fairy Tail fanservice segues into something resembling a plot development.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

You stole the words form my mouth, Lucy.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I don't understand how its supposed to be plausible that Gray's power-up is anywhere near good enough for him to take on Natsu in E.N.D. form.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Angry Grimace posted:

I don't understand how its supposed to be plausible that Gray's power-up is anywhere near good enough for him to take on Natsu in E.N.D. form.

He has the Demonbane passive skill right now, so presumably despite the power gap he can still do some damage.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I'm ok with all your kind of weird big titty torture obsessions, Mashima. Just please stop trying to make "sexy" Wendy a thing.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Gyges posted:

I'm ok with all your kind of weird big titty torture obsessions, Mashima. Just please stop trying to make "sexy" Wendy a thing.

The sexiest thing about Wendy's is their Double Baconator with a baked potato side.

I miss Wendy's.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Wendy only exists to make jokes about her being flat chested.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Say Nothing posted:

Wendy only exists to make jokes about her being flat chested.

But you can do that with Levy, and it won't be creepy and she also has the sweet moments with Gajeel.

Why do we have Wendy again?

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
Wendy actually has maybe the most growth as a character in this big stupid manga, it's just that it's uncomfortable to actually examine her because she's constantly, blatantly sexualized. It's Fairy Tail and she's a female so it's whatever I guess. Anyways my only thought this chapter was how lame it is that Natsu can just sort of power through idiot's time powers. That's probably the thing I hate most about this series, the fanservice is maligned but I don't really mind it, it's Fairy Tail. What sucks is that no matter how interesting or how cool of a theme someone's power will be, no matter what it is, the best possible use of it will always be to coat your fist with it or make a sword out of it and then start hitting people.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Simoom posted:

Wendy actually has maybe the most growth as a character in this big stupid manga, it's just that it's uncomfortable to actually examine her because she's constantly, blatantly sexualized. It's Fairy Tail and she's a female so it's whatever I guess. Anyways my only thought this chapter was how lame it is that Natsu can just sort of power through idiot's time powers. That's probably the thing I hate most about this series, the fanservice is maligned but I don't really mind it, it's Fairy Tail. What sucks is that no matter how interesting or how cool of a theme someone's power will be, no matter what it is, the best possible use of it will always be to coat your fist with it or make a sword out of it and then start hitting people.

I'd say Lucy has had more character growth considering she is ostensibly the main character since the beginning and has had some relation besides punching to major events in nearly every arc, but she is never actually allowed to win.

I'll still be royally peeved if she isn't the guild master at the end.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Simoom posted:

Anyways my only thought this chapter was how lame it is that Natsu can just sort of power through idiot's time powers.

You could argue that since E.N.D. is a demon, he runs on Curse power, and that means he isn't affected by time-stops.

But then again, I don't think Mashima thought too much beyond the pseudo-lesbian BDSM moment.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Simoom posted:

Well it's generally a lot better visually so yeah, and fairytale runs on the powerlevels system where being stronger lets you ignore the effects of other peoples magic.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Remind me, why is Gray going to fight Natsu again? Natsu only seems to be interested in fighting Zeref and Gray doesn't know that killing Zeref will kill Natsu. I seem to remember Silver telling Gray to kill E.N.D because...?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I think Grey and his dad are under the impression that killing END will kill/stop Zeref somehow. It's never really clearly explained?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Gray's dad told him to stop END, or something along those lines.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
I know Gray and Natsu are supposed to have a big, supposedly emotional fight, but I want them to talk and realize that the real threat's Zeref and team up to take him down. Actually, not even that. I want Gray to have a giant rant and realize the real target's Zeref.

:supaburn: Gray, move. I must kill Zeref.
:chillout: Natsu, I have to kill you, because you're E.N.D., the greatest of Zeref's demons.
:supaburn: I won't let you stop me.
:chillout: Natsu, you don't understand. One of Zeref's demons killed my parent's. My magic teacher, who was like a second mother to me, died taking down that demon of Zeref's. I'd say what? 85-90% of the enemies we've fought in the past few years had some connection to Zeref.
:supaburn: Wasn't it your fault your teacher died?
:chillout: Don't interrupt me. A bunch of Zeref's demons wrecked our guild hall. One them turned my dad into his zombie slave. And now? Zeref's army has invaded our home, wrecked everything, and one of Zeref's servants killed the woman I love. ALRIGHT, FINE! I'LL ADMIT IT! I LOVE JUVIA! I mean, we wouldn't have had all 400 children she wanted, but I could've seen myself starting a family with her. But that's not gonna happen, because of fuckstick back there. And now I have to kill one of my best friends, because he's Zeref's strongest demon. Now that I think about it, I realize that I said Zeref a lot there. I'm starting to think he's the real enemy. COME ON NATSU! WE'RE GONNA GO KILL ZEREF!
:supaburn: But aren't we gonna have a big fight because we have conflicting goals?
:chillout: Not anymore! We both want Zeref dead. Let's go kill him.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Kuroyama posted:

I know Gray and Natsu are supposed to have a big, supposedly emotional fight, but I want them to talk and realize that the real threat's Zeref and team up to take him down. Actually, not even that. I want Gray to have a giant rant and realize the real target's Zeref.

:chillout: Natsu, I have to kill you, because you're E.N.D., the greatest of Zeref's demons.
:chillout: Natsu, you don't understand. One of Zeref's demons killed my parent's. My magic teacher, who was like a second mother to me, died taking down that demon of Zeref's. I'd say what? 85-90% of the enemies we've fought in the past few years had some connection to Zeref.
:chillout: Don't interrupt me. A bunch of Zeref's demons wrecked our guild hall. One them turned my dad into his zombie slave. And now? Zeref's army has invaded our home, wrecked everything, and one of Zeref's servants killed the woman I love. ALRIGHT, FINE! I'LL ADMIT IT! I LOVE JUVIA! I mean, we wouldn't have had all 400 children she wanted, but I could've seen myself starting a family with her. But that's not gonna happen, because of fuckstick back there. And now I have to kill one of my best friends, because he's Zeref's strongest demon. Now that I think about it, I realize that I said Zeref a lot there. I'm starting to think he's the real enemy. COME ON NATSU! WE'RE GONNA GO KILL ZEREF!
:supaburn: But aren't we gonna have a big fight because we have conflicting goals?
If only.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kuroyama posted:

They will have that conversation using their fists.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The healing power of friendship blows.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Kuroyama posted:

I didn't know you can translate punching too.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
LQ scans of 504 out.

http://yonkouprod.com/fairy-tail-chapter-504/

Kuroyama posted:

I think I got the first half of the conversation right.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
You would think that the fact that Natsu himself never killed anyone and the fact that his stated goal is to kill Zeref (the guy who makes the demons who killed Ul, his dad and in Gray's mind, Juvia) would have some kind of impact on Gray as opposed to "I must defeat you (even though its implausible I could)".

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

http://mangastream.com/r/fairy_tail/504/3714/1

Non-Garbage Scan

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Pretty sure neither Natsu nor Gray is in their right mind at the moment, due to both of them tapping into their demon powers.

Where are Rakheid and August? Their absence lately feels like Mashima cheating in FT's favor.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
The first setting a hologram to play as soon as the red witch started talking is pretty cool

The_Angry_Turtle
Aug 2, 2007

BLARGH
Countdown to Lucy breaking up the fight by crying and talking about how much she loves the guild begins...

Now.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
http://yonkouprod.com/fairy-tail-chapter-505/

Please let poor Makarov stay dead, he did this even if it did make no sense to finally escape somehow being made guildmaster again.

Oh, who am I kidding. He'll probably live somehow. Also did Fairy Law EVER have that limitation before?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Fabricated posted:

http://yonkouprod.com/fairy-tail-chapter-505/

Oh, who am I kidding. He'll probably live somehow. Also did Fairy Law EVER have that limitation before?

Say hello to spirit only Fairy Tail members can see part 2. Someone has to fill that role. Also that limitation was never mentioned before, but didn't they only use it against a big bad or a small group prior to this?

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
That was so dumb
I know you can figure a way out of this. But gently caress IT! SUICIDE!
Now watch them revive all the badguys next chapter to make this "sacrifice" worthless

chefscientist
Mar 23, 2007

#1 Cockeyed Ghost fan

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Say hello to spirit only Fairy Tail members can see part 2. Someone has to fill that role. Also that limitation was never mentioned before, but didn't they only use it against a big bad or a small group prior to this?

Not that I recall. The limitation sucks bwcause otherwise itd be a great payoff. Laxus tried to use it but it failes then Hades tried to use Grimore Law but it got blocked now it works with a sacrifice. So typical Fairy Tail, mixed bag.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
The way that was handled with such little buildup or meaning just makes it feel like he's going down a list of Marineford/sternritter/big ninja war things and checking them off. thats sort of his style i guess

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

chefscientist posted:

Not that I recall. The limitation sucks bwcause otherwise itd be a great payoff. Laxus tried to use it but it failes then Hades tried to use Grimore Law but it got blocked now it works with a sacrifice. So typical Fairy Tail, mixed bag.

Its funny how I read a sizable chunk of FT chapters, up to grand magic games, and I remember 0% of what you just said.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Mulderman posted:

That was so dumb
I know you can figure a way out of this. But gently caress IT! SUICIDE!
Now watch them revive all the badguys next chapter to make this "sacrifice" worthless

Eh, I read it more as, "I know you have a plan to win, but it'll mean the rest of fairy tail will get more injured and some might die. But gently caress it, if I suicide, I'm for sure a goner, but the rest of the fam will be fine"

The rest of the contrivance was dumb and all, but Marakov's a bro. Not his fault he doesn't realize nobody actually dies in FT unless it's a flashback.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
It's also a really dickish thing to say. To you they are just pawns you can maneuver through the battlefield. Just a few chapters ago we were told Mavis is like a mother to FT.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

hey girl you up posted:

Eh, I read it more as, "I know you have a plan to win, but it'll mean the rest of fairy tail will get more injured and some might die. But gently caress it, if I suicide, I'm for sure a goner, but the rest of the fam will be fine"

The rest of the contrivance was dumb and all, but Marakov's a bro. Not his fault he doesn't realize nobody actually dies in FT unless it's a flashback.

They needed to show that the situation was more dire, but yeah, that's what I was reading it as.

Plus, if this sticks, now Makarov doesn't have to worry about someone he picks as successor just turning around and making him guild master again.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I think it's been long enough now.

Makarov gets a twilight zone experience and wakes up in the guild hall where everything is fine. Zeref was defeated, everyone lived.

Then everyone proclaims him guild master again "forever" and he realizes he did in fact die- he just went to hell.

kohon
Feb 26, 2015
The only time it has ever shown consequences from using Fairy Law was when Mavis used it on Yuriy in FTZero, as far as I can remember. And at that point, it was understood that the consequences happened because she was using an incomplete version of the magic. Oh, and the consequences were that she became immortal basically, which also contradicts what is happening now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

That was Law, which was what Mavis learned from Zeref. This is Fairy Law, which I guess is Mavis's completed version.

Law makes people immortal while Fairy Law shortens lifespan.

...So Zeref is going to die by using Fairy Law against the entire country of Alvarez.

• Locked thread