Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

LuciferMorningstar posted:

I was referring to this bit:

You do not need to stack damage boosts to get through Mayhem, and I think "it's very bad" is probably an overstatement.

People talking about pretty massive health increases are right, though. Most enemies now have anywhere from two to five times as much health. Once you factor in the headshot bonuses (standard and perk deck), things look a little more manageable:

Guard: 96
FBI, SWAT, Green, Elite, Gangster: 192
Heavy SWAT, Tan: 384
Shield: 192
Taser: 720
Cloaker: 1440
Bulldozer: 1920

Specials are much stronger, but somewhat more uncommon. Not an unreasonable trade-off, honestly.

The buffed regular units are the nasty part. Like I said earlier, if you were previously running a build that brought a lot of damage to the table, you won't notice a difference. You're still one-shotting most of the regular enemies. If you were using a low-damage weapon, then yeah, enemies will feel more durable. Still plenty survivable, though.
I'll have to play more to really form a solid opinion, but initial impressions are that the health (on Mayhem) is a little silly right now. Like, I had a Raven with 128.4 damage (mods + shotgun skills), had Overkill, Berserker Ace with Frenzy and Underdog active for a total of +182% damage according to HudList (so 362.1 damage) and shot a shield, the weakest of all the specials, in the chest and he didn't even die.

I mean I get they want you to get headshots but comon, after stacking all those damage buffs I can't even kill the weakest special with a chest shot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Well RIP Goonmod. Long Live Wilko at Overkill.

Now that Continental Coins are a thing ( im gonna have to struggle so hard to not call them Gage Coins ), i only need Body Count Unlimiter and Payday 2 will be perfect.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Continental Coins are not nearly the same thing as Gage Coins.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

If Goonmod is off will my gagecoins go away?

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

If Goonmod is off will my gagecoins go away?

They'll go away in that you can't use or earn them, but when you turn Goonmod back on the old amount will still be there.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Here's a pastebin of all trophies. I guess it's time to stealth FF again.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Well shoot, unless these are retroactive, I shoulda waited the extra 3 days to do the Ring Achievement on BoS

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Not sure if this is good marketing or poor reporting.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
From the butler:

"I must ask..why the chicken mask?"
"Would it really hurt you to speak plainly every once in a while?"

Jacket's room is the funniest part of this safehouse, almost beating out Jimmy just going "EH"

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Oct 9, 2016

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Discendo Vox posted:

YESSSS

That was my favorite of the three I submitted!

i seriously laughed out loud

very well done dude

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Does..does wolf just say his pager lines?

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

spit on my clit posted:

From the butler:

"I must ask..why the chicken mask?"
"Would it really hurt you to speak plainly every once in a while?"

"That Wolf fellow asked me to buy him a parrot.... I'll not be doing that again."

Also noticed this hanging on a wall... Jackhammer shotgun when?

Crabtree posted:

Oh Jesus, this is an actual thing from the film and not a dumb joke. So that's what those gold things were in the case he unearthed. I thought those were just loving gold bars that he could melt down into literal easy money for guns.

I thought it was pretty explicit what they were for- first time Wick uses them, he's asking for a 'reservation for 12' for body disposal, as he stacks up a dozen coins.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Paingod556 posted:

"That Wolf fellow asked me to buy him a parrot.... I'll not be doing that again."

Didn't the update promise some sort of new shotgun? My money's on that.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Kumaton posted:

Didn't the update promise some sort of new shotgun? My money's on that.

I think the update promised at least 1 new bug. A shotgun worth of bugs might be a bit much to shoot for, even for overkill.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

UnknownMercenary posted:

Continental Coins are not nearly the same thing as Gage Coins.

They kind of are, though?

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Oh Overkill, you tease :allears:

thejacob
Feb 13, 2014
So this new safehouse is cool and all but talking to the heisters in it reminded me of the one thing I have actually wanted for years now, a seperate volume slider for voice lines, so I can actually hear them from more than two feet away.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

thejacob posted:

So this new safehouse is cool and all but talking to the heisters in it reminded me of the one thing I have actually wanted for years now, a seperate volume slider for voice lines, so I can actually hear them from more than two feet away.

That's a popular request specifically because of the safe house stuff. I dunno if it'll happen or not, I think it'd require going back and tagging all the voice lines.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

So not that I mind doing this for its own sake, but do any of the safehouse upgrades do anything?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Dezztroy posted:

They kind of are, though?

In that they're both in-game currencies, I suppose. But beyond that, no.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Safe house coins seem fairly trivial to get so far. It appears you get 6 for completing the daily job (today's was 'secure 10 bags of coke' which is laughably simple), 6 for completing any of the trophies, and 1 for each DAY of heist completed. First upgrade is 12, second is 24. 648 coins to total everything out.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Steam forums are reporting some problems with when/how they drop from heists- that may not be a constant stream, as it turns out. Or it could be a bug. Who knows at this point. :shrug:

There's also discussion of that black door in the safehouse being secret-related.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Oct 9, 2016

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

In that they're both in-game currencies, I suppose. But beyond that, no.

Cept you can use them to unlock mods like Gage Coins? So yes? I guess you dont get them from Package drops, but they function the same.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Talkc posted:

Cept you can use them to unlock mods like Gage Coins? So yes? I guess you dont get them from Package drops, but they function the same.

I'm wrong.

LuciferMorningstar fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Oct 9, 2016

Soral
May 30, 2009

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

No. You can't. They are for safe house stuff only. I don't understand why this is so hard.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

No. You can't. They are for safe house stuff only. I don't understand why this is so hard.

Yes you can, you loving bad.

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013
I'm really bummed that the weapon customizer probably won't get ported from goonmod, especially since most of the safe skins totally blow.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Drewjitsu posted:

It's me. I'm the idiot.

Six loving coins for a mod though? Jesus.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Drewjitsu posted:

To be fair, with GoonMod on, it overwrites that option with Gage Coins.

Also that is a loving awful background you've got there.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Man I am psyched to get back into town and start grinding completion of this game again.

edit: the steam forums secret thread has people who think my phone message is a genuine secret hint. Mission accomplished.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Oct 9, 2016

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Discendo Vox posted:

Man I am psyched to get back into town and start grinding completion of this game again.

I finally sat down and played again and I'm pretty stoked too, honestly. Most of the challenges are fun revisits of stuff and the general changes to make specials less common and put more emphasis on cop swarms makes me happy; the reason I always play so aggressively is because few things are more fun than crashing into the middle of an enemy formation like the goddamn Hulk and coming out the other side shouting in gore-splattered challenge.

The main one that looks loving stupid is Robbedacop, I'm likely going to try to figure out a way to cheat engine that one because it looks absolutely retarded. I am not going to play this game another million hours just to click an absurd number of heads.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Paingod556 posted:

I thought it was pretty explicit what they were for- first time Wick uses them, he's asking for a 'reservation for 12' for body disposal, as he stacks up a dozen coins.

Sorry dude, I didn't really watch Wick to pay attention to the imaginary economy the first time round.

Funny that the one thing that got me back to really trying in heists is building up the safe house. I wonder if they'll go from there in the future like interchanging trophies or new extensions for future heisters or whatever.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Coolguye posted:

The main one that looks loving stupid is Robbedacop, I'm likely going to try to figure out a way to cheat engine that one because it looks absolutely retarded. I am not going to play this game another million hours just to click an absurd number of heads.

Aw c'mon that few cops will be done in no time.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
You have to upgrade Wick once to access the target range. You can do no snipe trophy on normal to unlock tan cop shooting targets - the damage counter will show headshot damage if you shoot a tan cop target in the head.

If you upgrade houston once you can switch van paint jobs from generic to overkill if you have the overkill dlc. Look for the paint buckets near the van.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

ClonedPickle posted:

To be fair, with GoonMod on, it overwrites that option with Gage Coins.

Also that is a loving awful background you've got there.

I stole that picture from reddit. :ssh: (I think it's the hotline miami skin)

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

clockworkjoe posted:

You have to upgrade Wick once to access the target range. You can do no snipe trophy on normal to unlock tan cop shooting targets - the damage counter will show headshot damage if you shoot a tan cop target in the head.

The damage counter should show headshot damage, even if you don't have the tan cop targets.

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Oct 9, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

There are some bug reports regarding displayed damage at the shooting range- plus or minus 10, iirc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

clockworkjoe posted:

If you upgrade houston once you can switch van paint jobs from generic to overkill if you have the overkill dlc. Look for the paint buckets near the van.

You can do this without upgrading Houston. The paint can is near the driver-side front wheel.