Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
What would've happened if Jotaro brought Rohan over to Florida and he used Heaven's Door on Spider-man????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
What if Bohemian Rhapsody caused Pink Dark Boy to come to life and Rohan used Heaven's Door on him

makes u think

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Rohan would probably find one or two dropped plotlines, like "after defeating the Light Red Man I found a piece of fabric from my lost father's tie, but I never did anything about it." and he cried in a corner until he decided to callback on all those storylines until he finished Dark Pink Boy thanks to Pucci speeding up the planet.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Man, now I'm thinking about what kind of weird shenanigans would ensue if Civil War and Flaccid PancakeLimp Bizkit both existed at once/teamed up.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

God i'm gonna be rock hard in 2021 when we're near the end of Steel Ball Run and everyone's happy that everything seems to have turned out right only for the episode to end with Diego suddenly calling out ZA WARUDO.

*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmxNZH3zrK8, which hasn't shown up at all during part 7 in the context of diego, starts playing when Diego from another world shows up*

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Finally getting back to Stone Ocean. I'm going to try and finish off the rest of it in one go here.

Let's see what this Underworld arc is about.

EDIT: I can't decide if using Kiss to hide inside someone is brilliant or loving bullshit.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Oct 8, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yes

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Oh, never mind. It's Heavy Weather that's loving bullshit.

Snails! :argh:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The real Stone Ocean begins here :unsmigghh:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Rainbows are dangerous.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Annasui continues to be the worst.

THIS IS PROBABLY NOT THE BEST TIME TO ASK JOTARO IF YOU CAN MARRY HIS DAUGHTER.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Pucci using Dio's knife throw is pretty rad IMO.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Well then.

I don't think Stone Ocean's ending is as bad as I've heard it made out to be. It just seems really, really...abrupt? I guess?

The last chapter with Emporio finishing off Pucci seems...I dunno. I don't mind it but it seems like it could have been written better.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

y'all are fake if you don't vote for Stoned Ocean

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NXJrr_iGbY

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Dexie posted:

Well then.

I don't think Stone Ocean's ending is as bad as I've heard it made out to be. It just seems really, really...abrupt? I guess?

The last chapter with Emporio finishing off Pucci seems...I dunno. I don't mind it but it seems like it could have been written better.

I mean it's not a terrible ending, just so hurried that you feel confused by it. Last time I re-read it I even stopped for a second and was like "wait, did I accidentally skip something? gently caress, we're here already?"

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
It doesn't help that time is accelerating rapidly throughout the fight

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Oh well. On to part 7!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Stone Ocean's ending is

P E R F E C T

It's the classic case of what happens when you get dealt a bad hand. It snow balls, you die and then the gay priest is killed by a kid. Everyone knows that. Happened to me just last week.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

To answer a question preemptively, SBR does not take place in the universe from the end of Stone Ocean.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Unless it does. But we'll never find out or maybe we will, i don't know. I wouldn't be too surprised if it becomes a plot point.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

To answer a question preemptively, SBR does not take place in the universe from the end of Stone Ocean.

Its ambiguous and never definitively stated one way or the other, but no it does not.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Unless it does. But we'll never find out or maybe we will, i don't know. I wouldn't be too surprised if it becomes a plot point.

I think it's more than likely not, but I think it's best if it remains technically possible, so the people that like that can believe it, and the people that don't can have it be separate.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Until it turns out that one of Johnny's sisters had children and they ultimately resulted in Irene, it's pretty definitively not the same universe at this time, and the only relevant name to date that is omitted from the Joestar tree in JJL is Kyo, which is purposeful to the plot and a secret she is willing to kill over. Josefumi's parentage would be the prime suspect for Irene's family if it were to show up, but I'm not super convinced that Sadafumi or Kiyomi Kujo will actually be relevant here on out.

It's pretty clear that Araki is happy with the freedom allowed by the SBR verse and rebooting it and probably doesn't want to or care to tie it all in. It allows more creative freedom and its a well he can draw from when he chooses to, if he does, but at this point, they're just not related for my money.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

My money is on never, ever hearing about Josefumi's lineage because I can't imagine it's going to be relevant so I doubt it'd be tied back to Irene somehow.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Clearly Norisuke just had an illegitimate child in America. And that's how Irene got her birthmark.

Saxum
Sep 26, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTffDogdu_o

As requested by my friends, Pucci's reveal...

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I was looking through Out of context JoJo and I saw this panel:

Jolyne and Hermes lookin hella adorable

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Araki you don't gotta name everything after a song.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Waffleman_ posted:

Mods?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Um, sometimes he names things after bands too!! Occasionally fashion brands!

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Or food!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

I thought this opinion was so bad that the only people who could have posted it were Ball or Beef Waifu but wowwww

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

actually I wonder what part 3's tarot-based stand names would be in an alternate universe where Araki just went for all music references all the time.

this is the power of my stand, Jotaro! [Top  of  the  World]!!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Just finished the second volume of Steel Ball Run.

Maaan. The wait to see this poo poo animated is going to be painful.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

He's namingn people after mountains now

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

standard owl posted:

actually I wonder what part 3's tarot-based stand names would be in an alternate universe where Araki just went for all music references all the time.

this is the power of my stand, Jotaro! [Top  of  the  World]!!

we all know that dio's stand would be [HOLY DIVER]

he was down too long in the midnight sea

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

fractalairduct posted:

we all know that dio's stand would be [HOLY DIVER]

[Can't Touch This]

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

God i'm gonna be rock hard in 2021 when we're near the end of Steel Ball Run and everyone's happy that everything seems to have turned out right only for the episode to end with Diego suddenly calling out ZA WARUDO.

I feel like that's the one and only episode ending Roundabout should return for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

my favorite line for that entire thing will always be "(ABBACCHIO POURS GIORNO A CUP OF PISS)"