Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

Robot vacuum cleaner! Little feller keeps my floor spotless, because cleaning it by hand is :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I am getting a roomba when I move into my new place on Tuesday and I will be happy.

I am taking one of these guys 836 miles from my North Carolina home to my Chicago home! I lived in Chicago for ten years and I've been gone for seven. I can't wait to get back!

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Neat, my mom just sent me a txt to let me know she found me one of those ozark tumblers (the 20oz).

No idea why it took hours for her txt to reach me but hey, I get cold drinks when she heads down and brings me a new cup! Woop!

You know you can order them on Wal-Mart's website and then pick up in the store?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

NewFatMike posted:

I am getting a roomba when I move into my new place on Tuesday and I will be happy.

I am taking one of these guys 836 miles from my North Carolina home to my Chicago home! I lived in Chicago for ten years and I've been gone for seven. I can't wait to get back!

Goddamn, how bad was NC that Chicago is a step up

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Spy_Guy posted:

Robot vacuum cleaner! Little feller keeps my floor spotless, because cleaning it by hand is :effort:

Welcome to the club of awesome laziness.

I'm saving up for a Braava... soon my robot army will be complete!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Spy_Guy posted:

Hope you don't have a dog/cat...

JustAurora
Apr 17, 2007

Nature vs. Nurture, man!

PCOS Bill posted:

It is So Bad

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Coredump posted:

You know you can order them on Wal-Mart's website and then pick up in the store?

Nah, the 20oz is out of stock.

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well

Coffee And Pie posted:

Hope you don't have a dog/cat...

Just curious, wouldn't having a robot vacuum cleaner help in this situation?

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

If a dog or cat shits on the floor the roomba may just smear it everywhere.

I don't have a dog/cat/child/wife and scatology isn't an area of my study so I should be fine.

And Chicago is a dramatic upgrade over North Carolina because I value public goods like municipal railways and the mob.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

frogbs posted:

I've seen pictures of Roombas destroyed by dogs, maybe it's that? Not sure cats could do that though.

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

NewFatMike posted:

If a dog or cat shits on the floor the roomba may just smear it everywhere.

I think this is the main concern. Followed by hair clogging the brushes, I suppose.
Luckily in this case I have a cat/dog deficiency.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

New jacket! Am well pleased.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Good to see the 3rd Street Saints accepted your application!

It is a pretty :krad: jacket.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

McKilligan posted:

What does your boyfriend think ofi it

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

PCOS Bill posted:

north Carolina is in the south and Chicago is not so it goes without saying that it's a step up

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ArmZ posted:

north Carolina is in the south and Chicago is not so it goes without saying that it's a step up

Jastiger got a name change?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

frogbs posted:

With the amount of fur my dog sheds, that thing would fill up in about five seconds.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, I have a very sheddy dog and if I skip a day vacuuming the living room it's like one pass fills the canister on my vacuum. It doesn't REALLY, but it feels like it.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Spy_Guy posted:

Neato! I've got an older roomba discovery that does a good job picking up cat hair, but I'd love to replace it with one that doesn't blunder around and bash into everything. I just hate to drop 3-500$ into one now when I feel like we're right on the cusp of these things getting really awesome in the next year or two. How's that one working out for you?

For content, bought a welding jacket because last time I welded something I got uv burns on my arms because I'm dumb and didn't wear a heavy enough shirt

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Nah, the 20oz is out of stock.

Oh that explains it. I was seeing the 30oz one. Well durn.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
:siren:SHOES:siren:

I have to give serious credit to Asics for making a durable shoe. I bought some Noosa's 5 years ago and they still haven't fallen apart after running and hiking in the Arizona desert. They are starting to lose their padding and support, so I got some new ones for 5k season.

Kayano NYC Marathon Edition:

Rolo has a new favorite as of 19:06 on Oct 9, 2016

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

OSU_Matthew posted:

Neato! I've got an older roomba discovery that does a good job picking up cat hair, but I'd love to replace it with one that doesn't blunder around and bash into everything. I just hate to drop 3-500$ into one now when I feel like we're right on the cusp of these things getting really awesome in the next year or two. How's that one working out for you?

I'm completely satisfied with it. The "blunder into stuff" factor is incredibly low. Most of the time it sees an obstacle with the laser, knows to be very careful around the thing in question and kinda carefully feels its way around it using the front bumper. Once it's done working around the corner it goes back-and-forth across the room until it's cleaned the entire floor, then drives back to the dock.

All in all it's exactly what I had hoped a robot vacuum would be. Very methodical and precise.

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

Edit, not quote. drat it. :negative:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

PCOS Bill posted:

I think it's pretty snazzy

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

A lovely mid century desk.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Bape Culture posted:

That is a nice desk

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Anyone that keeps their desk that clean to the point where you don't even have the power charger is probably a psycho.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Mu Zeta posted:

Anyone that keeps their desk that clean to the point where you don't even have the power charger is probably a psycho.

Its a product shot....

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

McKilligan posted:

It's beautiful, where from?

PCOS Bill posted:

Why are you so angry with people who don't fit your specific mold of heterosexuality? Who hurt you?

Bape Culture posted:

Sick! I bought a desk today too:

Also pictured is another recent purchase, got the chair at goodwill, according to the tags it was from a dorm in Brandeis University.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Coffee And Pie posted:

Also pictured is another recent purchase, got the chair at goodwill, according to the tags it was from a dorm in Brandeis University.

If that chair upholstery could only talk.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

flosofl posted:

If that chair upholstery could only talk.

Reupholstering was the first thing I did :wink:

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Coffee And Pie posted:

It's beautiful, where from?

It's actually a custom order from this kick-rear end little embroidery place in Itaewon, Seoul. Most off-the-rack jackets don't fit my long-rear end monkey arms very well, so this one was made to measure. I also made the embroidery designs (mostly from existing images, I just handled the composition/layout)

Here's the design on the back - I guess part of one of the branches disappears into netherspace, but ah well. No-one's perfect.

McKilligan has a new favorite as of 01:23 on Oct 10, 2016

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i bought a kickstarted box for my cats to poo poo in, 4 sets of expensive bass guitar strings for half off, and the 10th anniversary reissue of one of my favorite albums on vinyl and cd

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

muike posted:

i bought a kickstarted box for my cats to poo poo in, 4 sets of expensive bass guitar strings for half off, and the 10th anniversary reissue of one of my favorite albums on vinyl and cd

Wasn't The Black Parade, am disappoint

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i'd never let my cats poo poo on that, not enough surface area

GopherFlats
Mar 16, 2011
I'm a huge child and preordered one of these things

Can't wait

GopherFlats has a new favorite as of 04:14 on Oct 10, 2016

FearCotton
Sep 18, 2012

HAPPY F!UN MAGIC ENGLISH TIEM~~~

McKilligan posted:

It's actually a custom order from this kick-rear end little embroidery place in Itaewon, Seoul.

Did you order online? This looks amazing

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

FearCotton posted:

Did you order online? This looks amazing

No, it was pretty much a walk-in, but I think he might do international orders too - I chatted with him a bit and he said that he's done a few orders for people overseas, but it's not cheap. The embroidery is all done by hand (I mean, he uses a sewing machine, but it's not digitally printed), so depending on how complex the design is it can go from about $150 - $300 before shipping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

GopherFlats posted:

I'm a huge child and preordered one of these things

Can't wait

Owns. Want one of these - just spent the weekend bouldering at Joshua tree and kept thinking how much fun a drone would've been to have.