Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

BlackIronHeart posted:

I guess I'm having steak this week.

Go wild, run up a $500 tab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Isosceles
Oct 18, 2012

BlackIronHeart posted:

I guess I'm having steak this week.

Maybe not, I just noticed one of the conditions is "excludes groups or private dining'. Ummm....what does that leave?

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Trump's remaining voters don't care about Trump's "policies" and really don't give a gently caress about what the man himself says or does. At all. They hate liberals and they're voting for the guy who isn't a loving liberal. Hell, it's a bonus that Democrats loathe him. Try to imagine yourself voting for a proud white supremacist who also openly molests children. That's how these people feel about the left.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

This loving election.

Neither candidate would be the President we need, but to be honest either of them would be the President that we deserve.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

LonsomeSon posted:

This loving election.

Neither candidate would be the President we need, but to be honest either of them would be the President that we deserve.

It's a case of "a woman who rubs prople the wrong way" vs "a literal white supremacist who sexually assaults women on the reg"

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Improbable Lobster posted:

It's a case of "a woman who rubs prople the wrong way" vs "a literal white supremacist who sexually assaults women on the reg"

Yeah I mean how can you possibly expect people to choose in a race like that.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

LonsomeSon posted:

This loving election.

A friend of mine used to say "everybody gets what the majority deserves", which I always thought was just some meaningless cereal-box aphorism nonsense, but it's starting to really strike home

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Hillary isn't a flamboyant sexual predator to my knowledge but I don't think she'll actually be a very good President. Finally having a woman as President will of course be historic and awesome, and I don't think she'll be an awful President, but by now I know better than to approach my nation's politics with anything other than the deepest possible cynicism, basically.

I should add I'm still probably going to vote for Hillary, if only because I don't want to have not doing so in the back of my head for the rest of my life if the worst happens. I'd rather not have even the tiny sliver of extra responsibility for the heinous poo poo my government will do over the next eight years, but I'll take it in order to do my equally-tiny part to make it a lot less heinous.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
John McCain has withdrawn support for Trump. Arnold Schwarzenegger posted a statement saying that he's not going to vote for the Republican candidate for the first time ever. loving Tic Tacs are making a stand against Trump:
https://twitter.com/tictacusa/status/784831611531436032

TotalLossBrain posted:

My in-laws, for one (who have fallen for pyramid schemes, lol). Pretty much every "Christian" I know. They refuse to look closely at the character issues because their first concern is not voting for any (D) on the ticket.

No but Trump's myriad flaws and his complete lack of piety makes him the most Christian candidate! :rolleye:
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/784548483441238016

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 06:55 on Oct 9, 2016

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

No but Trump's myriad flaws and his complete lack of piety makes him the most Christian candidate! :rolleye:

Jesus Christ?

Jesus Christ.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah but doesn't god normally rain down fire and brimstone on them when their leader is like that?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

That's Old Testament God. New Testament God calmed down a bunch after becoming a dad.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
There was an evangelical (white male) christian on MSNBC this morning arguing that since Trump has asked for forgiveness for this one thing we must forgive him for everything he's ever done and never bring them up again. Meanwhile Hillary can never be forgiven because she doesn't have a strong white male evangelical leader on her staff telling her to be pro life.

His opponent and the moderator just absolutely ripped him to pieces.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I've heard there are a lot of evangelicals voting for Trump because they believe god is using him to bring Pence to the white house (meaning once he wins Trump has a heart attack or something)

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Kangarookie posted:

That's Old Testament God. New Testament God calmed down a bunch after becoming a dad.

*commits filicide*

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

It's likely true that if Trump wins the election, he won't do a single presidential activity, just treating it as the ultimate commercial for himself and his properties. That would leave Mike "funerals for miscarriages" Pence in charge of making policy, which is to me an even more terrifying possibility.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

He's sure to push through some policies that will strengthen his own business practices. Particularly since he absolutely refuses to put the trump corporation in a blind trust (Since that would give outside people access to his financials) instead demanding that we trust him and his children to just never talk for the next eight years.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
http://i.imgur.com/go4WtSH.gifv

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Sagebrush posted:

It's likely true that if Trump wins the election, he won't do a single presidential activity, just treating it as the ultimate commercial for himself and his properties. That would leave Mike "funerals for miscarriages" Pence in charge of making policy, which is to me an even more terrifying possibility.

I’m hoping that Pence will force Trump to hold a funeral for his abortion of a campaign.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Dem duke boys are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel in more ways than one.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

When are you guys finally gonna learn from Europe and adopt a multi-party system?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Carbon dioxide posted:

When are you guys finally gonna learn from Europe and adopt a multi-party system?

When whichever of the big two that's got a supermajority in Congress thinks that committing electoral suicide is a good idea.

Alternatively, whenever we get third party candidates that can name a foreign leader or poll higher than a dead gorilla.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
America will never have a multiparty system due to how our elections are tallied. We'd have to completely change how we vote from the ground up.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Good thing you're the land of the free and can choose to do that.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

sidewalk gum posted:

A lot of Americans aren't even aware there are voting systems other than first-past-the-post so I hope you're willing to wait a decade or two minimum for our voting systems to change.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

sidewalk gum posted:

The only people who can change the system are those who won based on the current system.

The reason that those people win is usually because they have rigged the population regions to make sure that they win comfortably in the current system.

poo poo is not going to change until, Trump-style, it becomes impossible for normal people to ignore.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Kurieg posted:

There was an evangelical (white male) christian on MSNBC this morning arguing that since Trump has asked for forgiveness for this one thing we must forgive him for everything he's ever done and never bring them up again. Meanwhile Hillary can never be forgiven because she doesn't have a strong white male evangelical leader on her staff telling her to be pro life.

Please, please tell me this is on YouTube. I need to see it.

Also, that TicTac tweet had the best response to it with a commentator thanking them for handling it with tictact.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Somfin posted:

The only people who can change the system are those who won based on the current system.

The reason that those people win is usually because they have rigged the population regions to make sure that they win comfortably in the current system.

poo poo is not going to change until, Trump-style, it becomes impossible for normal people to ignore.

:thejoke:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

TotalLossBrain posted:

As someone else said, those who continue to stand by him won't be swayed by any scandal. They just double down.
I'd at least understand if they were super-scared of a Clinton win and thus support the lesser of two evils. But the people on my fb feed are actually doubling down, saying how this is normal for all men and everyone does it.

"Name a member of your family who talks about assaulting women, and tag them here."

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Oh look its the cheap Italian remake of die hard 4

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Samovar posted:

Please, please tell me this is on YouTube. I need to see it.

Also, that TicTac tweet had the best response to it with a commentator thanking them for handling it with tictact.

Yes apparently It's lower quality thank the one on their website that I apparently can't directly link to.
The video is titled "Evangelical leaders plead for Trump denunciation"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Carbon dioxide posted:

So we can have literal by-name Nazis holding offices instead of just the maybe-the-nazis-weren't-all-bad types we've got now?

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

i seem to recall pope frankie implying trump was the wrong person to vote for and the response was 'who cares' so...

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

LonsomeSon posted:

Hillary isn't a flamboyant sexual predator to my knowledge but I don't think she'll actually be a very good President. Finally having a woman as President will of course be historic and awesome, and I don't think she'll be an awful President, but by now I know better than to approach my nation's politics with anything other than the deepest possible cynicism, basically.

I should add I'm still probably going to vote for Hillary, if only because I don't want to have not doing so in the back of my head for the rest of my life if the worst happens. I'd rather not have even the tiny sliver of extra responsibility for the heinous poo poo my government will do over the next eight years, but I'll take it in order to do my equally-tiny part to make it a lot less heinous.

Please consider not phrasing your sentances as if she's as bad as trump next time

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Alaois posted:

So we can have literal by-name Nazis holding offices instead of just the maybe-the-nazis-weren't-all-bad types we've got now?

Most of the far right parties in Europe that are actually in the parliament of their respective countries are more left-wing than the republicans.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Kurieg posted:

Can't find it. Got a link or some keywords?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Andrast posted:

Most of the far right parties in Europe that are actually in the parliament of their respective countries are more left-wing than the republicans.

In fact, most of the moderate right parties in Europe that are in parliament are more left-wing than the democrats.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Please consider not phrasing your sentances as if she's as bad as trump next time

well, she's no angel either!!! i mean, she, uh, she used an email server that wasn't approved through the proper channels. and her husband got a beej from an intern twenty years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

well, she's no angel either!!! i mean, she, uh, she used an email server that wasn't approved through the proper channels. and her husband got a beej from an intern twenty years ago.

don't forget benghazi!!