Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Today is 20 years to the day when the dirty Scots tried to screw us. Happy birthday everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
mancini was at the england match last night. maybe he wants the job

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I woke up at 7 AM on a Sunday to be mad that Johan "loving fraud poo poo" Venegas continues to start for my national team.

Any of the Russian posters watching this?

Simone Poodoin fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Oct 9, 2016

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Nice display of CONCACAF supremacy there

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Azofeifa kicks the ball really hard and it owns, he's always scoring golazos with his rocket foot

https://twitter.com/golesticos2/status/785109829828407297

Simone Poodoin fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Oct 9, 2016

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
another golazo

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Another golazo and Bryan went straight to the bench to hug his little brother :3

And then Russia pulls one back and the dude knocks himself out on Keylor's knee.

https://twitter.com/golesticos2/status/785111400725245953

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Simone Poodoin posted:

I woke up at 7 AM on a Sunday to be mad that Johan "loving fraud poo poo" Venegas continues to start for my national team.

Any of the Russian posters watching this?

I am watching this. Costa Rica is a better team. They should not have played a friendly against a better team to open a new stadium.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I really want Ureña to score in his old city, even though he barely played I heard him on an interview and he sounded pretty comfortable speaking Russian, so at least he learned something.

Alexeythegreat posted:

I am watching this. Costa Rica is a better team. They should not have played a friendly against a better team to open a new stadium.

Salvatierra and Venegas are really bad and I'm sure one of them will gently caress up to give your boys some chances.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Simone Poodoin posted:

I really want Ureña to score in his old city, even though he barely played I heard him on an interview and he sounded pretty comfortable speaking Russian, so at least he learned something.

Salvatierra and Venegas are really bad and I'm sure one of them will gently caress up to give your boys some chances.

He was playing for the bitter rivals of the team whose stadium they're playing in, so it would be hilarious.

However bad Salvatierra and Venegas are, the Russian garbagemen are worse (although, to be fair, none of them are playing in the MLS, so that's gotta be worth something).

nutri_void fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Oct 9, 2016

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Cherchesov catching the ball was the highlight of the first half

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

See what I tell you about Venegas? He's bad, selfish and dumb as gently caress. Get Joelito in there!

But I see your point about your boys.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
You were saying? :suicide:

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
The worst thing about supporting Russia is that you know that they can do things like this when they want to, they just barely ever do.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
CONCACAF are going to get rid of the Hex. So we can see Jozy pile up goals against farmers and cab drivers more often.

https://twitter.com/RobHarris/status/785109218919583744

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

On one hand this defense has looked awful, in the other hand this shouldn never be the starting defense in an important match.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

trem_two posted:

CONCACAF are going to get rid of the Hex. So we can see Jozy pile up goals against farmers and cab drivers more often.

So, US will become the new Saudi Arabia of the qualifying tournaments?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

trem_two posted:

Canadian head of CONCACAF looking to set up a system that'll give Canada a chance to actually progress further (and still be shite)?

Sign me the gently caress up

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Joelito did a thing in this shameful second half

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Simone Poodoin posted:

Joelito did a thing in this shameful second half

Berezutsky being a garbageman had absolutely nothing to do with it? :v:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Can't wait to see what exciting new way Finland will come up with to lose tonight.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Der Shovel posted:

Can't wait to see what exciting new way Finland will come up with to lose tonight.

My money is on 'Scoring less goals than their opponent'.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

AJ_Impy posted:

My money is on 'Scoring less goals than their opponent'.

"Play really aimless and ineffective football for 90 minutes, let your opponents dominate the game and never look like anyone's even slightly bothered" was the method, that was indeed the end result.

Bottom of the group on even points with loving Kosovo (who got their one and only point by drawing with Finland... away!)!

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

Der Shovel posted:

"Play really aimless and ineffective football for 90 minutes, let your opponents dominate the game and never look like anyone's even slightly bothered" was the method, that was indeed the end result.

Bottom of the group on even points with loving Kosovo (who got their one and only point by drawing with Finland... away!)!

They did look bothered.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Italy aren't looking too good against Macedonia right now.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Spain doing what they do best. Better passing, better possession, better shooting, better everything, no scoring.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

trem_two posted:

And then Belotti scores right after I say that

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Also, everybody's favorite footballer Diego Costa put Spain up 1-0 against the mighty Albania.

Edit: Nolito, more like Golito.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
And Buffon just had to make a tough save to prevent it from being 3-1.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Nice job by Immobile, he really did move there

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I've always believed in Big Cir

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Credit to Ventura for switching to a more attacking lineup, Italy were a lot better after they went to a back four and moved Verratti forward.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Troy Queef posted:

I've always believed in Big Cir

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Is this the Iceland bandwagon thread?

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Rooney officially dropped for Slovenia.

Good poo poo Gareth

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Looking forward to devouring a French baguette with stinky cheese!!

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

faroe islands are second in their group lol

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Rooney officially dropped for Slovenia.

Good poo poo Gareth

cool and good

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

quote:

Spain defender Gerard Pique will retire from international football after the 2018 World Cup following a controversy surrounding his shirt sleeves.

The Barcelona player, 29, is unpopular with some Spain fans for his support of independence for Catalonia.

In Sunday's 2-0 win in Albania, his shirt - unlike his colleagues - did not have a Spanish flag trim on the sleeve.

After social media criticism, the Spanish FA released a statement to explain why, and defend Pique.

Pique was wearing the long-sleeved shirt - as was Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos - which does not feature the flag trim.

The statement said that Pique had cut the sleeves off his shirt, "the same way other players have done on many occasions," for comfort.

Pique, who won the 2010 World Cup and Euro 2012, said: "I have tried everything, but I can't bear this anymore.

"Today's issue of the sleeves is the the straw that breaks the camel. They've managed to make me lose the excitement of coming here and although after Russia I'll only be 31, I'll leave."

lol what a fanny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
"its the straw that broke the camels back"

*continues riding camel for 2 more years*

• Locked thread