Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

enraged_camel posted:

I love how it's so obviously over-the-top. That part where Kelly was hacking at the deadite from behind and Pablo was on the floor getting absolutely drenched on gallons upon gallons of blood... I pretty much lost it.
Still got a ways to go to top this in my eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuDfYrkUUGc&t=223s

Luckily, there's 9 more episodes for it to try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I love everything about this season so far, I'm really glad this is performing well for Starz. This easily could have been the cult show nobody watched, so it's nice to see it's kicking rear end in general.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Latest Nerdist has Bruce and he talks about how they're pushing Starz for a season 3 + 4 pickup.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
The Six Million Dollar Man joke filled my heart with happiness.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

GreenNight posted:

Latest Nerdist has Bruce and he talks about how they're pushing Starz for a season 3 + 4 pickup.

What a wonderful world we live in.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
I decided to go out and get the season 1 Blu-Ray this morning to support the cause and see it in better quality. It's probably my third time through and I can't believe how many goddamn great little hilarious moments I completely missed because they were overshadowed by all the over the top stuff going on. This show is so awesome, and a childhood dream come true.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

The only complaint I have about the quality of the show is the inconsistent black levels. I'm not sure if it's a shooting choice or just the equipment they have while shooting dark scenes. One scene will be full of contrast and punch with inky blacks and another will have everything only go down to grey.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Just got to watch the episode and man it didn't lose a step from last season. Ash debating if he should save Ruby because it's the right thing to do or because she's hot was just so ASH.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Renewed for season 3.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

GreenNight posted:

Renewed for season 3.

God drat that's quick.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It's actually slightly less quick than last year (they renewed before the first episode aired.)

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Watched first ep of season 2 tonight, badass fun stuff! Glorious all around, groovy news that it's been renewed again, here's hoping it goes 7 seasons!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

GreenNight posted:

Renewed for season 3.

gently caress yes.

Just watched the first episode, they just rolled right back into action so smoothly it was great. I love how happy Ash was in Jacksonville, it turned out to be exactly the paradise he'd always dreamed it would be.

"I'm not drunk enough to know if this is good weird or bad weird, but I'll get there! :haw:"

Elrond Hubbard
Mar 30, 2007

To ERH
*everyone applauds*

GreenNight posted:

Renewed for season 3.

I can only hope that one day they get the rights to Re-Animator, and Jeffrey Combs can show up with his day-glo green syringe.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Elrond Hubbard posted:

I can only hope that one day they get the rights to Re-Animator, and Jeffrey Combs can show up with his day-glo green syringe.

I'm hoping they find a way to work Xena and Hercules into the show for at an episode or two.

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
Only Xena. gently caress Kevin Sorbo.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Kevin Sorbo the actor is the worst. Hercules the character is great, though.

I rewatched a bunch of the goofier Herc and Xena episodes recently and was surprised at how tonally similar they were to this show. A lot less blood though.

e: though then again Herc wasn't in a lot of that show's best episodes. Basically any Bruce Campbell episode or Ted Raimi episode is great.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Jerusalem posted:

gently caress yes.

Just watched the first episode, they just rolled right back into action so smoothly it was great. I love how happy Ash was in Jacksonville, it turned out to be exactly the paradise he'd always dreamed it would be.

"I'm not drunk enough to know if this is good weird or bad weird, but I'll get there! :haw:"

I also loved that while Ash was in heaven, Kelly and Pablo were just back to being working class schmucks, with Pablo all :haw: and Kelly wanting to murder everyone.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Firstborn posted:

1.- I'm frankly tired of aging action guys getting joked on about being old. Reading Bruce's book and stuff it's very clear that both he and Raimi think Ash is a loser, but Bruce is now playing it very wink-wink, and I don't know how I feel about that.
Serious question: has Campbell ever played a character who wasn't a moron, gently caress-up, loser, or a mix of all three?

I'm trying pretty hard to think of one, but I can't.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Serious question: if I love Campbell in the Evil Dead series, Hercules, Xena, Jack of All Trades, Bubba Ho Tep, and Brisco County Jr...

Should I give Burn Notice a chance?

The series seems to have little that interests me outside of Campbell, but I'm wondering if I've just been snobby about that show based on the network and format. Is it any good outside of his character? Is it more a goofy CSI Miami or more a Magnum PI?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

coyo7e posted:

Serious question: has Campbell ever played a character who wasn't a moron, gently caress-up, loser, or a mix of all three?

It's been a while but I don't remember his character in The Hudsucker Proxy being any of those.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

coyo7e posted:

I'd say Ash is the king above all those things, but surely Jack of All Trades saved the day every time and had something witty to say to his sidekick woman along the way? And Brisco was fairly competent. The maitre d from Spider-Man 3 was pretty smooth.

feedmyleg posted:

Serious question: if I love Campbell in the Evil Dead series, Hercules, Xena, Jack of All Trades, Bubba Ho Tep, and Brisco County Jr...

The series seems to have little that interests me outside of Campbell, but I'm wondering if I've just been snobby about that show based on the network and format. Is it any good outside of his character? Is it more a goofy CSI Miami or more a Magnum PI?

You could give it a try, but it's no Magnum P.I., and Bruce has a relatively minor role in it. It's mostly that Jeffrey Donovan guy. It does have plenty of comedy, it's not going for a CSI vibe or anything. It just gets pretty repetitive and not that well written after a bit, but it's okay. Bruce is always great though, he gets to throw some jokes in.

I'm glad it was a hit for Bruce, but I'm glad he's free from Burn Notice now, we've got the best show ever baby.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Oct 9, 2016

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

coyo7e posted:

He isn't any of those in Maniac Cop

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

He plays the psycho villain in Icebreaker (a great rifftrax too), I guess technically he's a gently caress up, not any more so than your usual hilarious crazy villain though.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

feedmyleg posted:

Burn Notice was enjoyable for maybe 3 (possibly 4) seasons. Bruce got to be a drunken bastard and it was great.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It was bad

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I watched every episode. While later seasons wasn't as good, I enjoyed all of it.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Burn Notice is fine, although it's basically all monster of the week episodes with 5 minutes of that season's plot on the end of each episode. A good show to watch while you're doing the ironing.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Burn Notice was good until they resolved the main "burn" storyline and had to invent new conspiracies.

I still haven't watched the Sam Axe movie though.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Episode 2 is stellar. Apparently they upped the dick quota for this season.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

There was a Faygo vending machine.

This is the greatest show ever.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Goddam episode 2, the morgue scene was disgustingly funny.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dead Precedents posted:

Burn Notice was enjoyable for maybe 3 (possibly 4) seasons. Bruce got to be a drunken bastard and it was great.

Bruce was basically a Ash that got hang out in Florida in another timeline in which the deal actually worked.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Medullah posted:

Burn Notice was good until they resolved the main "burn" storyline and had to invent new conspiracies.

I still haven't watched the Sam Axe movie though.

Sam Axe movie is pretty forgettable, but when I rented it I got to enjoy the commentary track with Bruce, which made it worthwhile.

Speaking of obscure Bruce stuff, My Name is Bruce and Sundown: The Vampire In Retreat are both great. Running Time is also cool.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Oct 9, 2016

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Was Ash's dad watching Spartacus???? Because that makes a hell of a lot of sense

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Gaz2k21 posted:

Was Ash's dad watching Spartacus???? Because that makes a hell of a lot of sense

Indeed.

VacuumJockey
Jun 6, 2011

by R. Guyovich
I never thought that there would come a day where Dead Alive was homaged on a prime time TV show, gore and all. Cable, but still!

I am very happy. The cast and crew should be awarded honorary Nobel prizes.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Goddamn this episode was super gross. "get your dead dick off my face"

Bruce must be dying.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

VacuumJockey posted:

I never thought that there would come a day where Dead Alive was homaged on a prime time TV show, gore and all. Cable, but still!

I am very happy. The cast and crew should be awarded honorary Nobel prizes.

I haven't seen the ep yet but I wanna know, what's the reference? Love the movie but been a while, I'd get the reference if it's a lawnmower or "I kick rear end for the lord"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Heavy Metal posted:

I haven't seen the ep yet but I wanna know, what's the reference? Love the movie but been a while, I get the reference if it's a lawnmower or "I kick rear end for the lord"

Intestines monster, and it went where Dead Alive never dared to go. It went right up there.

This show just keeps topping itself.

• Locked thread