Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
For Trump to have any chance going forward, he'd have to appear apologetic, thoughtful, restrained and well spoken for the entirety of the 90 minute debate while dodging landmines from Hillary.

I can't wait. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Axel Serenity posted:

Just a reminder that on top of everything, Anderson Cooper is the moderator tonight so we may have the greatest 90 minutes of television ever recorded

And Martha Raddatz, who moderated the notable 2012 vice presidential debate between Joe Biden and Paul Ryan.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

PT6A posted:

She's still a conservative hack with particularly vile opinions regarding the normalisation of relations with Cuba, just as an example. And even being in Florida, where her vote could make a difference, her disgust with Trump doesn't extend far enough to commit to voting for Hillary.

If she gets out of line we'll just call her "flatlander woman" and watch her explode.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

skylined! posted:

What the gently caress does a Hillary victory speech even sound like at this point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkpS2Sdu2io

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Feels like another strongman tactic from Trump to scare off anymore GOP support withdraw.

I don't see this going well for him or the GOP, no matter what.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

mannerup fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Oct 17, 2016

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Dexo posted:

Hmm maybe Hillary's and Obama's plan to separate Trump from the GOP was the right one.

So much potential for suppressed turnout.

But that can't be! Hillary is supposed to be a terrible campaigner, I'm told.

God, please let this all work out how it looks like it's going to.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
Trump is so out of the normal parameters I have to believe he might not even care about winning now.

He probably just wants to sever off a chunk of the republican base as his own unsuccessful but vocal and hero worshiping TRUMP party. That will keep the flame of his newfound fame as an important political entity alive, until he expires of a coke fueled heart attack sometime in his 80's

I mean he essentially found a legitimate cult of people to worship him win or lose. He's achieved every narcissistic despots dream without winning any actual election already.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I made a thread for tonight's bloodbath

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793682&perpage=40

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

He'll probably license out the MAGA trademark for Trumpian candidates in 2018.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

GarudaPrime posted:

Trump is so out of the normal parameters I have to believe he might not even care about winning now.

He probably just wants to sever off a chunk of the republican base as his own unsuccessful but vocal and hero worshiping TRUMP party. That will keep the flame of his newfound fame as an important political entity alive, until he expires of a coke fueled heart attack sometime in his 80's

I mean he essentially found a legitimate cult of people to worship him win or lose. He's achieved every narcissistic despots dream without winning any actual election already.

Also, think about it: Even if he loses, if he can say 'turning on me destroyed your party' to the GOP he's still demonstrated immense power, in his mind. Plus he can blame the GOP civil war instead of admit :abuela: punched him out.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
So the alternative to Trump/Pence is Pence/Carson?

what the actual fuuuu

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
TRUMP TV is going to debut November 9th and it's going to be JUGE!

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

davecrazy posted:

Can't wait for Glenn Beck to come back in a big way on TRUMP TV.

Bassetking
Feb 20, 2008

And it is, it is a glorious thing, to be a Basset King!

cult member at airport posted:

He'll probably license out the MAGA trademark for Trumpian candidates in 2018.

gently caress me blind sideways. That's it, isn't it? Trump-Licensed Candidates. Buy into a Voting Bloc.

It's brilliant in its chilling, red-in-tooth-and-claw Capitalist design.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
He should Kickstarter or Patreon TrumpTV

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

davecrazy posted:

Was going to post this. I think he might have lost his shot at his own show on FOX, but that won't stop the Donald!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Bassetking posted:

gently caress me blind sideways. That's it, isn't it? Trump-Licensed Candidates. Buy into a Voting Bloc.

A Kingmaker is not a new concept.

Handiklap
Aug 14, 2004

Mmmm no.

davecrazy posted:

TRUMP TV is going to debut November 9th and it's going to be JUCHE!

There, that's better.

Bassetking
Feb 20, 2008

And it is, it is a glorious thing, to be a Basset King!

computer parts posted:

A Kingmaker is not a new concept.

Yes, but usually they don't put "KINGMAKER" in ten-foot tall gold letters on the side of their building.

I do kind of enjoy the modicum of fan-dance obfuscation that is usually associated with the practice.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Bassetking posted:

If that's really his strategy it's going to go about as well as his attempt to get into the sports entertainment business.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
GOP_2016.jpg

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

mannerup fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Oct 17, 2016

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Night10194 posted:

Also, think about it: Even if he loses, if he can say 'turning on me destroyed your party' to the GOP he's still demonstrated immense power, in his mind. Plus he can blame the GOP civil war instead of admit :abuela: punched him out.

His supporters will believe it as they form the Trump party.

The rest of the country will enjoy their universal health care, the new voting rights act, and higher taxes on the rich.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

He's... not wrong.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

The real question now is does the GOP back down and go back to supporting Trump or is enough enough and focus on their down ballots?

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Hahahaha! Yes! Yessss! Drag them all down with you!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I have to say, if Donald Trump was a plant, then chalk this up as one of the most effective plants in history.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtCKBvKqwoA

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

This really is his out, psychologically, isn't it? "I GOT STABBED IN THE BACK BUT I GOT THE GUYS THAT DID IT AND SO I DIDN'T LOSE TO CLINTON I DIDN'T!"

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

skylined! posted:

What the gently caress does a Hillary victory speech even sound like at this point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDGrSgTKEuw

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I'm seriously feeling the same way about tonight that I feel when I'm going to an awesome concert or something. Just all tingles, daydreams and anticipation :allears:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Will... will his surrogate actually do this? Where do their loyalties lie? They will have no career after this.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Pick posted:

I have to say, if Donald Trump was a plant, then chalk this up as one of the most effective plants in history.

This if he's a Clinton plant as the conspiracy goes this dude still had to win the GOP primary which p much shows you the kind of people the GOP and their supporters are.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Donald Trump is not going to go on the defensive at the debate he'll immediately come out swinging , brush off the accusation as just something men talk about, and then go into attacking Hillary.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

greatn posted:

Will... will his surrogate actually do this? Where do their loyalties lie? They will have no career after this.

We usually use the phrase 'drunk the kool-aid' to suggest someone who is under the influence of cultic behavior and too often forget it means a willingness to commit mass suicide.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

mannerup fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Oct 17, 2016

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

greatn posted:

Maybe the true believers will.

Other rats will have sensed the fire and will flee the rotting carcass that was once the good ship Reagan. The cold, unforgiving ocean is more appealing than the Trumpster fire.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

omg this is just, like, the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

greatn posted:

Maybe this will be a culling. Anyone who is Trump or bust will be completely cut off by the RNC, paving the way for their opponents' victory

• Locked thread