Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Dunno if this has been posted before, Gawker refugee zone theconcourse.deadspin.com is keeping a running tally of all the republican lawmakers who have pulled their endorsement of Trump.

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/here-are-the-republican-lawmakers-who-dont-want-you-to-1787569300

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

mannerup fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Oct 17, 2016

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Dork457 posted:

Dunno if this has been posted before, Gawker refugee zone theconcourse.deadspin.com is keeping a running tally of all the republican lawmakers who have pulled their endorsement of Trump.

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/here-are-the-republican-lawmakers-who-dont-want-you-to-1787569300

Live footage from within the RNC headquarters:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPv2I-mArD8

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011

Actually a good question.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

This is a poor idea, Cruz.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Genuinely interested to see whether Hillary will take the safe stance and "let Donald's words speak for themselves" except where necessary to point out how terrible they are, or if she'll actually point out that he was talking about sexual assault, not just "lewdness."

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Why do kids like green eggs and ham?
I do not get it serial killer I am.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Mystery Goomba posted:

It's because gently caress the GOP.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Trump isn't going to just vanish after the election. Hell stick around until he dies possibly running again in 4 years.

Imagine Johnson getting enough votes to get the libertarians federal funding and Trump running on that ticket.

Sensible Thursday
Jul 28, 2007

Not really in the best position to attack someone for moving slowly here Zodiac.

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

greatn posted:

I have YouTube red

Can this loving year get any weirder?!!!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

If theyd leaked it then I would be the nominee :smith:

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

mannerup fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Oct 17, 2016

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

Mystery Goomba posted:

"Why did a media company wait to release something until it would be most impactful/garner the most eyeballs?" is not a good question. It's an easily answerable question if you think about it for more than five minutes.

Cruz is just pissy cause if it had been brought up earlier it could've ruined Trump during the primaries.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

speng31b posted:

Genuinely interested to see whether Hillary will take the safe stance and "let Donald's words speak for themselves" except where necessary to point out how terrible they are, or if she'll actually point out that he was talking about sexual assault, not just "lewdness."

Likewise. I'm guessing she'll flat out say that statements like that about sexual assault aren't acceptable without directly tying the remarks to Trump. Hillary strikes me as too much of a feminist to take the completely safe stance (while still playing it cool).

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/785151346337058816

Hahahahah

e: for those that didn't want to click through
https://twitter.com/mat/status/785150990697639936

Aves Maria! fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Oct 9, 2016

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

"Why did they wait this long? Why couldn't they have done this before I endorsed him? Now I'm chained to a desk with a telephone on it and I can't reach the zipper to let The Hive leave this skinsuit behind and fly to freedom..."

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Zophar posted:

Live footage from within the RNC headquarters:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPv2I-mArD8

I doubt any of them could handle the Stone.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
To show how much of a wreck the Republican Party is? To show they don't trim their own fat? To expose just how awful Republican voters could be? To slam dunk Trump in a way that kicks Republican voters in line to be less Tea Party-ish?

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Pity poor Senator Cruz. Even after Trump accused his dad of working with Lee Harvey Oswald, called his wife ugly, said a Hispanic judge was not fit to try his case, and argued with the family of a fallen soldier, I guess he didn't have enough information to know whether or not it was okay to endorse. Really, Cruz is the victim here.

Edit: :D

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/785163384278900736

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

trash person posted:

"Why did a media company wait to release something until it would be most impactful/garner the most eyeballs?" is not a good question. It's an easily answerable question if you think about it for more than five minutes.

Cruz is just pissy cause if it had been brought up earlier it could've ruined Trump during the primaries.

Would it have, though? Trump has the same support now that he did in the primaries, and I'm not sure they're shaken by this.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Ted Cruz is super butthurt that they didn't release this in time for him to win the primary :(

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

ahaha someone's bitter

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Trump's performance tonight is going to be a sight to behold, and I for one cannot wait.

Like this https://youtu.be/LqeC3BPYTmE only citing lots of businesses and throwing lots of "bigly"s and "yuge"s.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

That should have been my nomination. :smithicide:

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

trash person posted:

Further, if Cruz ran a good campaign, some easily loving researched material would have turned up mountains of this poo poo.

This is great to watch and all but Republicans both did this to themselves and also owe the entire country a great big loving apology for embarrassing us on the world stage like this. gently caress.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

RZA Encryption posted:

Would it have, though? Trump has the same support now that he did in the primaries, and I'm not sure they're shaken by this.

It probably wouldn't have, but considering Cruz's current circumstances, you could see how he'd be looking back and thinking, "Oh what could've been."

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I don't know Ted, why didn't your campaign find this kind of oppo on Trump?

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

mannerup fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Oct 17, 2016

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Trump would still have won his supporters and Republicans view the liberal media with disgust so any attacks on Trump reinforce their ideological belief that the media is a liberal source designed to destroy the Republican party.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

RZA Encryption posted:

I doubt it - I don't buy the theory that all the previous poo poo that's been dumped on Trump just "wasn't white enough" to hurt him, and that's why this one does. It's all about timing. I don't think this story, released when Cruz still had a shot, would have hurt Trump. There's a ton of visibility now, people can't just look away for a week and pretend it didn't happen til it goes away.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Coheed and Camembert posted:

That should me Hillary gets to wreck at the debate tonight

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Yeah, keep pissing off the press, Trump.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Haha they stranded the press then will complain about unfair coverage

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Does this mean Sopan Deb isn't going to be at the debate?

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx

Ted Cruz salty that the Igrab Cuntra Affair came out after he humiliated himself by endorsing Trump rather than last year, which would allow him to humiliate himself by getting stomped on by Hillary

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Trump still doesn't have a protective pool. Clinton set hers up a few weeks ago. The President has one (you know, to be there if something important happens) and the nominees usually start one in August.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Re: Apprentice tapes...

https://twitter.com/chrisdocnee/status/785159503419351040

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

running from the press? this is amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Coheed and Camembert posted:

Everytime Zodiac sees a teapot these days he curls up into a foetal position and weeps for what might have been.

• Locked thread