Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You'll definitely need a polygamy mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Jay Rust posted:

You'll definitely need a polygamy mod

Is there a polygamy mod?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

When I played there was nothing stopping me from giving the flirting item to other people even if I was married and max out the relationship bar (although you can't marry a second person), so you can at least pretend you're having an affair.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

StrixNebulosa posted:

Is there a polygamy mod?

I haven't looked but the answer is yes

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Oct 9, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

There's a mod to make the non-white love interests white.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I'm sure there's a mod for "clean faces" ala skyrim that gets rid of all of the brown people

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Ostentatious posted:

I'm sure there's a mod for "clean faces" ala skyrim that gets rid of all of the brown people

Yeah it's called the base game

E: oh I thought you meant Skyrim

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

:stare:

No no no I don't want to be racist, I just want a mod that will resolve my indecision, and alas, no, there isn't a polygamy mod. The internet has not delivered.

I did google and find a list of fun, goofy mods: Starview Valley mods. I want this one, for obvious reasons:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4sHwSxYg3E&t=64s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJWVIlCoa2Y&t=74s

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Oct 9, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

StrixNebulosa posted:

(Yes, I am aware that when the seasons roll over your crops die. I'm planning for that!)

seasons don't end on the 30th like harvest moon just so you know. i didn't

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Lurdiak posted:

The backlash against the mod to turn Demetrius white led to a mod to turn everyone and everything into Demetrius just to spite them, which is just wonderful.

oddium posted:

seasons don't end on the 30th like harvest moon just so you know. i didn't

The 28 day seasons the game uses are cool because it's a real thing that was created for the same reasons the game uses it: each day of the month always falls on the same day of the week so you don't have to worry about the calendar changing from year to year.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Transformers: Devastation is really good, but I'm really bad at it. I spent like hours last night stuck on fight where you fight the two green guys. It feels really unbalanced. I'm hitting them with combo after combo and barely doing any damage while they kill me in 4 hits. One time I killed one and got the other down to sliver of health, but then I hosed up a dodge and died.

Is there a way to look up combos?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What difficulty are you playing on?

I don't remember it ever feeling like that for me on normal, just equipped the highest DPS weapons I had and made liberal use of the crafting/enhancing system when I could. I'm sure there's a combo list somewhere but I can't remember where off the top of my head.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Oh I'm probably loving something up real bad. I don't understand the inventory system at all. It's possible that bumblebee should not be trying to punch this boss to death.

Like I keep picking up weapons, but I cant find a way to view then. Can I only see them at the green logo checkpoint where I could select characters?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

I wish they kept the older portraits, where Elliott looked like an actual dweeby writer instead of Fabio and Harvey didn't have a pedostache and look twice as old as all the other dudes you could marry.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

CJacobs posted:

If I can't think of anything I always go with the good ol standby of Nothing But The

Replace "The" with "Luigi" and put "Ain't" before "Nothing" to get "Ain't Nothing But Luigi"

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Snak posted:

Oh I'm probably loving something up real bad. I don't understand the inventory system at all. It's possible that bumblebee should not be trying to punch this boss to death.

Like I keep picking up weapons, but I cant find a way to view then. Can I only see them at the green logo checkpoint where I could select characters?

Are you well acquainted with the dodge mechanic? If not, you need to be.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Snak posted:

If you're at the part I think you are you better get good fast because there's a much harder boss fight coming right up after it. At that point I hadn't found any particularly great weapons and I just had to dodge, get a couple hits, use your super when you can, repeat. It takes a while but it's not really that hard once you get the timing on the dodge down. You might want to use Prime, especially if you've found any hammer weapons.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I'm pretty good at the dodging, it just takes dozens of dodge combos to kill one of them.

What charges the special?

Also sometimes when I get hit by an attack it just stuns me and I just stand there eating hits until I die.

Edit: oh poo poo, there's a leveling up mechanic in this game? Is that important? I can't figure out what the stats do... they are all 3 letter abbreviations and I can't tell what effect increasing them has... leveling up strength didn't change melee damage.

Edit again: made a bunch of progress this morning. I'm now on the third pair of constructicons. It's definitely a great game and I'm having a lot of fun, I just wish I could understand more of the stuff.

Snak fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Oct 9, 2016

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Hello, does anyone have Color Splash and is it good

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Did it with all the medals, hell yeah.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Lizard Wizard posted:

Hello, does anyone have Color Splash and is it good

A bunch of people have said it's good. Personally, I am just about to dig in but from the little I have played it is really pretty. Also set the controls to advanced.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the combat is not great but the paper marioness is good

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

The 28 day seasons the game uses are cool because it's a real thing that was created for the same reasons the game uses it: each day of the month always falls on the same day of the week so you don't have to worry about the calendar changing from year to year.

That is pretty cool! I kind of wish we used it IRL because that'd be way more convenient, but alas, no, the calendar market marches on.

Guy Mann posted:

I wish they kept the older portraits, where Elliott looked like an actual dweeby writer instead of Fabio and Harvey didn't have a pedostache and look twice as old as all the other dudes you could marry.

I don't know, I kind of like Fabio having gorgeous hair while telling me about how his cabin is dark and full of spiders. It adds an element of surrealism to the game that's just hilarious to me.

Harvey on the other hand desperately needs that old portrait, as I've just stopped talking to him entirely as he's really, really creepy. I may have to look for a mod to change his portrait, because yikes.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I was waiting for Stardew Valley to come out on consoles because I don't really like playing games on my laptop but I didn't know people played it with mods

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yeah man, there's a mod for anything you could ever want, such as turning your livestock sprites into anime monster girls

Such a mod is on the Top 100 mod list on the Nexus website, which hopefully doesn't surprise you

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

oddium posted:

the combat is not great but the paper marioness is good

From some videos I've seen the enemies poo poo talk Mario in combat, which is A+.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Okay, the weirdest thing about Stardew Valley to me so far is that since I bought the game yesterday, there's a dude on my steam friendslist who hasn't stopped playing it. I don't think he stopped for a break. I hope he left it idling to go sleep or something, but....wow.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I thought that Paper Jam game was whatever but Color Splash looks decent. Do battles give you any exp or whatever or do they just add filler?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Skeezy posted:

I thought that Paper Jam game was whatever but Color Splash looks decent. Do battles give you any exp or whatever or do they just add filler?

They can drop Hammer Shards which you need to upgrade the paint storage in your Hammer. It's... Ok, as an EXP substitute, but after you've gotten a few upgrades you can start avoiding fights (which you'll want to do, since fights are really quite dull).

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

Fabio owns and while Harvey looks p bad, the old one looks like a fourteen year old school boy

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

sam tho...

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Looper posted:

sam tho...

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
(creepy) I actually prefer the look of raw, unadultered wood.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj8orH_JwXs

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

What game is this?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

yaiba: ninja gaiden z

it's bad. also Keiji Inafune directed it so lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004