Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

cyberia posted:

This looks pretty cool:

1000Toys Synthetic Human, preorder available on amiami

How is pre-ordering from them? Trustworthy or no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Duke Igthorn posted:

How is pre-ordering from them? Trustworthy or no?

Pretty trustworthly. I bought a few amiibos from them and they don't charge until they shipped. The Lucina one I ordered was only two dollars more then buying in stores if I had any luck finding one back then.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Amiami is one of the best sites for importing Japanese toys (them and HLJ are king). So yeah, totally trustworthy. They've gotten a ton of my money over the years and never had a problem with them.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I'll also throw in my hat for Amiami, I bought my Celty Durarara statue from them as well as a Medico's Goku statue without issue. Decent pricing on their stuff too.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Sweet, thanks.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

featurecreep posted:

Are these the right flames?

Let me know at ps dark force at gmail dot com

I'm going to have a boatload of toys ready to sell in the next month or so, I need to start clearing out my storage so I can fit more stuff in :v:. This thread good for the toy stuff?

That's it! I'm emailing you right now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Barnes and Noble carrying a bunch of Kotubakiya and anime stuff is weird.

But I got 50% off a Green Arrow so yay.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
FIGHT THREAD:

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Vintersorg posted:

$300 US - Soul of Chogokin Megazord 2017 from Tamashii Nations

https://www.facebook.com/Tamashii.USA/posts/1290941907591638

My wife is going to leave me when she finds out how much I paid for this.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I found the iron man helmet today. The battery door cover was missing in the box. Since it is on the inside of the helmet it is not a huge deal but I am going to call hasbro and see if they can send me one. Also toys r us rang it up for 79.99 as a "sale price" which was not reflected on the shelf at all. Coincidentally the same thing happened when I bought the cap shield, but that time the cashier scanned a 20% off coupon she had just sitting there. Not sure if that was what happened today but I can't imagine TRU would be too happy about it. Either way, hey, $20 off.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Mezco's 1:12 Collective SDCC Ex Cap came in today. It's my first from that line. It's pretty nifty.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Been at Disney World all this week (Matthew did nothing to Port Orleans within Disney), and I was able to get the Deathtrooper I missed from the Black wave. But I also bought the Elite Series counterpart for him and the Stormtrooper. They do look really nice together.

https://twitter.com/Rirse/status/784845752224903169

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
It looks pretty awesome but the knife accessory is just cracking me up. I'VE GOT A SHIELD! I'M CAPTAIN AMERICA! I WILL CUT YOU!

What's the weird circular design highlight on the box under the lights? Packing material touching it during shipping or some kinda glyph design?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

It looks pretty awesome but the knife accessory is just cracking me up. I'VE GOT A SHIELD! I'M CAPTAIN AMERICA! I WILL CUT YOU!

What's the weird circular design highlight on the box under the lights? Packing material touching it during shipping or some kinda glyph design?

Yeah, the circles are from the bubble wrap.

Cap will not hesitate to cut a Hydra agent.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What's the best place to keep an eye out for Figma preorders? They announced a Fire Emblem one back in the summer that's not up anywhere yet, so I want to keep track for when it does go up.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Aphrodite posted:

What's the best place to keep an eye out for Figma preorders? They announced a Fire Emblem one back in the summer that's not up anywhere yet, so I want to keep track for when it does go up.

They like to post that stuff on Social Media. You're talking about Female!Corrin, I presume? She hasn't even had a prototype showcased, going by previous Nintendo figmas it could be a few years before she's ready, but its quite possible we'll see a prototype next year during Wonfes in February.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yes, unless there's more Fire Emblem I didn't hear about because I'd need those too.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

How is there not a Marth figma yet.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

purple death ray posted:

How is there not a Marth figma yet.

Because we got a nendo instead.

In all seriousness though, I feel we only get both a nendo and a figma of a character if they're announced at the same time. Or it ends up that the Nendo covers one version of a character (MGS1 Snake) and the figma gets a different version (MGS2 Snake).

Apparently bugging them on Twitter and Facebook for your figure requests is actually something they'll listen to but only if lots of people ask for it.

RMZXAnarchy fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Oct 10, 2016

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Back from vacation in Hurricane Matthew's Florida and I took a photo of all the figures I bought at Disney World (Black and Elite Death Trooper and Elite Stormtrooper with Black Stormtrooper dead in front as he wasn't bought there). Along with getting Jyn and the Dr Strange wave figures, I finally got Jubilee's coat in :toot:. I have my old Dr Strange figure out as I was swapping the cape on the two. The movie figure is really nice, but kinda wonder how the old Toy Biz head would look on it.

https://twitter.com/Rirse/status/785966357804376064

While I was at the store today I saw the remaining three from the Dr Strange wave there. I might have to get Strange's Stand and Mondo as they do look a lot nicer in person. Don't really want the comic Strange through, so I probably need to trade for his BAF part.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
The new Iron Fist looks ridiculously nice in person. I keep trying to justify buying him, but can't. Cash is a bit tighter and I definitely want more of the upcoming Black Series figures, and I'm not exactly a huge Iron Fist fan to begin with.

He's just so drat clean looking.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ShimSham posted:

The new Iron Fist looks ridiculously nice in person. I keep trying to justify buying him, but can't. Cash is a bit tighter and I definitely want more of the upcoming Black Series figures, and I'm not exactly a huge Iron Fist fan to begin with.

He's just so drat clean looking.

Yeah I am mighty impressed with the Dr Strange wave. Like I mention above, Mondo and Astra Strange look really nice in person. I figured they probably get down to 15 in a few weeks so I wait until then to get them.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Speaking of, I have these if anybody's interested

That's the BAF leg that came with movie Strange, by the way.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Does NECA have any plans to do Shin Godzilla? The trailers made it look goofy as poo poo, but seeing it in the actual movie sold me.

Schrecken
May 21, 2016

Child of Woe

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Does NECA have any plans to do Shin Godzilla? The trailers made it look goofy as poo poo, but seeing it in the actual movie sold me.

Yes, they showed a photo of the prototype at SDCC.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

They're actually revealing the figure today at the Alamo NYC premiere of Shin Godzilla.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Ok so I had this idea for a movie. I don't have a script yet but I have the synopsis down:

Gotta start me a Kickstarter

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ash Wins.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Duke Igthorn posted:

Ok so I had this idea for a movie. I don't have a script yet but I have the synopsis down:

Gotta start me a Kickstarter

If you had someone else with Joker and Alien this would be the greatest "Vs Capcom" game ever.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Mentioned it earlier, but I ended up buying Mondo and Astra Strange after seeing how good they looked in person. Just need Dormandu's arm from comic Strange and I have him. If anyone has a spare one, just post away and I can pay you five or whatever for it.

https://twitter.com/Rirse/status/786268921607426048

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/786204558074621952

I need that Scarface.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TaurusOxford posted:

If you had someone else with Joker and Alien this would be the greatest "Vs Capcom" game ever.

"That's just the excuse I need to buy the pink Alien." <<< first thought

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
NECA's Shin Godzilla looks amazing

Gonna have to grab that one and the '54 Godzilla.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
He has wee lil arms.

Schrecken
May 21, 2016

Child of Woe

Big Mean Jerk posted:

NECA's Shin Godzilla looks amazing

Gonna have to grab that one and the '54 Godzilla.

Yeah, that looks really good. I can't wait until the GMK Godzilla comes out.

With all that they did with the Pacific Rim Kaiju and mechs, an expansive Toho line from NECA would be a dream come true. Deluxe boxed Rodan and Destoroyah, every MechaGodzilla, Gigan... and knowing NECA they would get into every character eventually. I need a NECA Gorosaurus figure.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I just ordered Marvel Legends Iron Fist. Let me know if anyone would be interested in the Dormammu BAF piece for a few bucks. I think it's the shoulders and chest.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
The new World of Nintendo figures are popping up in California TRUs (not my picture):

As always, appreciate people here grabbing them for me! I'm only looking for Villager and Peppy this time around. I'm STILL looking for the 2.5" Metroids but my TRU is getting jack poo poo.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Ugh my Toys R Us orders three cases of the loving Absorbing Man wave after having the Space Venom wave sell out multiple times. These will be here for years now as all the stores can't sell this poo poo.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Schrecken posted:

Yeah, that looks really good. I can't wait until the GMK Godzilla comes out.

With all that they did with the Pacific Rim Kaiju and mechs, an expansive Toho line from NECA would be a dream come true. Deluxe boxed Rodan and Destoroyah, every MechaGodzilla, Gigan... and knowing NECA they would get into every character eventually. I need a NECA Gorosaurus figure.

This is my dream/nightmare because there's no way I could limit myself to only a couple. I'd need Hedorah, Destroyah, and Gigan at the bare minimum. It's the same reason I'm glad the S.H. Monsterarts are expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Louisgod posted:

The new World of Nintendo figures are popping up in California TRUs (not my picture):

As always, appreciate people here grabbing them for me! I'm only looking for Villager and Peppy this time around. I'm STILL looking for the 2.5" Metroids but my TRU is getting jack poo poo.

Ok at this point Jakks is just trolling me with characters they will make before a pig Gabon. Audience member 138 from Punch-Out will get a figure first, apparently.