Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Salt Fish posted:

That's actually really interesting and good to post ty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
https://twitter.com/drewtoothpaste/status/785206937830817792

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sombrerotron posted:

syndicate wars lower than syndicate

and tied with the syndicate "remake"

what the hellllllllllllllllllll

also lol @ flippin' tekwar

also loving ffvii 'in development' since its getting remade

lamo and lomarf

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

also mods just that whole list of games as names pls

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

VAPE PRO

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Agile Vector posted:

also loving ffvii 'in development' since its getting remade

lamo and lomarf
i never played ff7 but from what i've seen and based on my passing knowledge of ff games in general i'm a bit skeptical about its cyberpunk cred

e-'zil

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQb89-hgqdc

same

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
my loving fridge is broken and I can't call the landlord because it's 3 day weekend

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i don't care what the competition is, i hope that dude won

like, it could be a fuckin spelling bee. doesn't matter. give him the trophy.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

my loving fridge is broken and I can't call the landlord because it's 3 day weekend

can't you gently caress your regular fridge

Graff
May 10, 2012

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

now dats what i call a real chilly willy

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

gently caress u

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bstmEsMsfkc

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Graff posted:

now dats what i call a real chilly willy

lol

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

Sombrerotron posted:

i never played ff7 but from what i've seen and based on my passing knowledge of ff games in general i'm a bit skeptical about its cyberpunk cred
e-'zil

ff7 is set in a dystopian future and follows a band of eco-terrorists who are fighting a megacorporation that is draining the life-force of the planet to use as an energy source. they slowly get dragged into a (somehow) much larger conflict.
There's three main regions, one heavily inspired by hong kong and movies such as blade runner - where people live in privilege on upper-levels, but on the lower levels people live as an underclass, and barely ever even see the sun. There's also an area inspired by medieval europe, and areas inspired by 1800s china and japan.

There's been a fair number of Final Fantasy games with more modern sci-fi-esque settings, tbh, it's just they still have a lot of fantasy elements - swords, and magic, etc.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted:

enjoy your Non-Denominational Day Of Generic Thanksgiving (est. 1957) created by the canadian government to ensure that there's a bank holiday in every month

fortunately, here in california we don't get a day off for Native American Genocide Day

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

epipen posted:

ff7 is set in a dystopian future and follows a band of eco-terrorists who are fighting a megacorporation that is draining the life-force of the planet to use as an energy source. they slowly get dragged into a (somehow) much larger conflict.
There's three main regions, one heavily inspired by hong kong and movies such as blade runner - where people live in privilege on upper-levels, but on the lower levels people live as an underclass, and barely ever even see the sun. There's also an area inspired by medieval europe, and areas inspired by 1800s china and japan.

There's been a fair number of Final Fantasy games with more modern sci-fi-esque settings, tbh, it's just they still have a lot of fantasy elements - swords, and magic, etc.

please tell us more about final fantasy

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

SmokaDustbowl posted:

rip current picture thread

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

enjoy your Non-Denominational Day Of Generic Thanksgiving (est. 1957) created by the canadian government to ensure that there's a bank holiday in every month

fortunately, here in california we don't get a day off for Native American Genocide Day

I'm thankful that the freezer part of my fridge is still working, and might work for the foreseeable future, so I don't literally starve or have to go to the foodbank

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
guess I should have bought a bunch of soylent instead of real food

fool me once!

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

SmokaDustbowl posted:

i literally only know any of this so i can talk to my friends about their interests, i've never played a final fantasy game

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom
also welcome back anime weed cat.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Only registered members can see post attachments!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

SmokaDustbowl posted:

the movie bankrupted square, iirc

but it had steve buscemi and ving rames and the woman from frasier as voice actors so i liked it alright

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
https://twitter.com/DiscreetLatino/status/785186812025274369

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

spoopy monitor goast

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

lomarf

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

yeesh

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

:eyepoop:

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

I work in MA/NY and get Monday off for Columbus Day. I guess it's more popular due to the larger Italian populations on the east coast.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

i gotta get rid of this thing

also, this week's episode had dennis rodman on it and he answers "yeah" to both:

- have you ever had sex with an unconscious woman?
- have you ever kissed a dead woman?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I'm watching this documentary about jimmy savile and what the gently caress. I don't want to sound like i'm victim blaming but how could anyone leave their kids unattended near that fuckin guy?

gently caress

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
betchu don't get kashmir polaski day tho bitchezzzz

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I'm watching this documentary about jimmy savile and what the gently caress. I don't want to sound like i'm victim blaming but how could anyone leave their kids unattended near that fuckin guy?

gently caress

fame and money, presumably

literally the same thing donald trump bragged about

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SmokaDustbowl posted:

gently caress

he was rich and on tv

and the british government actively protected child molesters

Graff
May 10, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted:

gently caress

also lead to the worst leeds united chant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwk_hSVnlIc

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

SmokaDustbowl posted:

gently caress

"National treasure" jimmy saville who'd raised millions for children's charities ?

Hindsight is amazing and you are victim blaming

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

SmokaDustbowl posted:

gently caress

there were a ton of other creepy people in positions of power there, so he didn't come off as particularly bad. it was all real hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

jre posted:

"National treasure" jimmy saville who'd raised millions for children's charities ?

Hindsight is amazing and you are victim blaming

the really creepy thing is that he got alone time in the children's hospital morgue

i mean, after your dead who cares but holy poo poo

• Locked thread