Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Only buy iphones or nexus/pixel. Everything else is a crapshoot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Had a weekend planned with some Pokemon Go events, and after I posted all the info, THE loving NESTS ALL CHANGED.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I kinda want to play Overwatch, but I don't want to give Blizzard any money.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I kinda want to play Overwatch, but I don't want to give Blizzard any money.

I felt the same way but Overwatch is really drat good.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Overwatch is the legitimate successor to Team Fortress 2 for better and for worse, so if you want the best in class-based shooters Overwatch is your fit.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Inzombiac posted:

I felt the same way but Overwatch is really drat good.

I know I'll love it, but I've regretted 3/4 of my most recent Blizzard purchases.

Edit: gently caress, starcraft 2 came out 6 years ago. My new FWP is that I'm ancient.

mind the walrus posted:

Overwatch is the legitimate successor to Team Fortress 2 for better and for worse, so if you want the best in class-based shooters Overwatch is your fit.

I liked TF2 a lot, and watching how some of the characters work in Overwatch has really tempted me. Pharah looks exactly like the best parts of old arena shooters brought into a modern shooter. Rocketing nerds from above is extremely satisfying.

Fashionable Jorts has a new favorite as of 08:13 on Oct 7, 2016

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I got a spinach & bacon mini quiche for lunch and the "bacon" part appears to be just a single half-strip plopped on top.

good thing I like spinach I guess :downs:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I know I'll love it, but I've regretted 3/4 of my most recent Blizzard purchases.

Edit: gently caress, starcraft 2 came out 6 years ago. My new FWP is that I'm ancient.

I liked TF2 a lot, and watching how some of the characters work in Overwatch has really tempted me. Pharah looks exactly like the best parts of old arena shooters brought into a modern shooter. Rocketing nerds from above is extremely satisfying.

Yeah, Pharah is the soldier and all the goofy poo poo from Unreal Tournament.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Trump fuckmuppetry has finally directly impacted my life. Some racist rear end in a top hat threatened to pull a gun on one of the truck drivers at work for the egregious crime of being Hispanic In Texas and now in addition to all the other poo poo i have to do during my shift, I have to keep an eye out for "any suspicious older white males".

The sooner this loving election is over, the better.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Trump fuckmuppetry has finally directly impacted my life. Some racist rear end in a top hat threatened to pull a gun on one of the truck drivers at work for the egregious crime of being Hispanic In Texas and now in addition to all the other poo poo i have to do during my shift, I have to keep an eye out for "any suspicious older white males".

The sooner this loving election is over, the better.

I feel you, home slice. My co-workers are pretty cool but there are others in different department that are 100% A+++++ Trump supporters and are disgusting.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The good news is, my 2-3 day cold is resolving itself nicely. I can finally do things other than laying around and groaning!

The bad news is, all my body wants to do now that my cold is resolving is lay around and recover.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I'm with you Bibs. I had a brush with serious organ failure this week and my boss called and threatened me if I couldn't make my weekend shift (i had more than enough pto). My doctor cleared me for work with the proviso "if you feel like it" but now that I'm here I realize I should really be at home resting.

I can do the shift, of course, I just don't like mortgaging my mid-term health for people threatening my employment.

Oh and I'm reasonably sure he shared that I was in the Hospital while I was gone, but without proof I can't do poo poo.

I need to leave this job 8 months ago.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

mind the walrus posted:

I'm with you Bibs. I had a brush with serious organ failure this week and my boss called and threatened me if I couldn't make my weekend shift (i had more than enough pto). My doctor cleared me for work with the proviso "if you feel like it" but now that I'm here I realize I should really be at home resting.

I can do the shift, of course, I just don't like mortgaging my mid-term health for people threatening my employment.

Oh and I'm reasonably sure he shared that I was in the Hospital while I was gone, but without proof I can't do poo poo.

I need to leave this job 8 months ago.

I'd say that sounds super illegal but then again, America. You guys really need some better labour laws, holy poo poo.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I looked it up, not illegal. Yes it's hosed. That's only the second-worst thing this guy has done to me when it comes to sharing sensitive medical information with co-workers and the third worst thing he's done to me overall. He's the worst boss I've ever had and I've worked in a call center.

On the bright side this is great motivation to get out of this job asap.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

A friend of mine may get suspended from his work for using "too much PTO".
When he asked how much is too much, they said "you can't abuse it. You're abusing it!" even though he's not using more than he's earned.

He put it well by saying that they've told him not to speed but the road his no posted limit.

They do this to everyone they don't like for petty reasons. In his case, it's because he has (a very nice and well-maintained) beard. I'm not joking. The boss likes clean shaven but can't make official rules enforcing it.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

There are like 3 games I want coming out in a short period of time next month, and I don't know if I can afford/justify getting even one anywhere near release.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Got my new debit card... and it's a goddamn chip & pin. Here's to standing in line for five minutes while my inserted card goes through, only for it to BAPBAPBAP-BAPBAPBAP-BAPBAPBAP-BAPBAPBAP-BAPBAPBAP at me until I remove it.

Also, this new card isn't an Allpoint Network card whereas my old one was, so there goes my grossly expansive ATM coverage where I can pull out cash practically anywhere fee free :(

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I decorated for Halloween and while it looks good, only one other house on my street has decor up, and we rarely get any trick or treaters.

Skipping out on a Pokemon Go event today because the maps are all down and there's no way to verify the actual nest is still there. If it was closer I wouldn't mind heading out, but a 30 minute drive for possibly nothing means I stay at home.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Cowslips Warren posted:

I decorated for Halloween and while it looks good, only one other house on my street has decor up

It's the 9th of October.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I'm at IKEA and there's a discount on meatballs for family members but the line is too long so instead I'm drinking free tea alone at a table :qq:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I've just done nine days straight at work and I really want some time alone so I can switch off properly but my partner wants to go clothes shopping with me tomorrow and he makes the cutest guilt inducing face if I want to stay at home. :saddowns:

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

poptart_fairy posted:

I've just done nine days straight at work and I really want some time alone so I can switch off properly but my partner wants to go clothes shopping with me tomorrow and he makes the cutest guilt inducing face if I want to stay at home. :saddowns:

Earning some you-time is ok and saying no so you can stay home and veg is ok too :love:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm so bored, and neither me or my partner can think of anything to do.

The most active, productive thing I've done today and wash my somewhat-scuzzy microfiber rags, which the drying is taking the longest.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Every time I get the chance to shove my hands in clay it makes me happy but reminds me how sterile my job is. The office is just so clean and I can't dress in rags there.

I much prefer being dirty while making stuff in cheap, old clothing I bought for almost nothing.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
IKEA update:

-they no longer have lingonberry soft drink
-their hot dogs are no longer tasty
-they no longer sell square glass lamps

Very sad. Stupid IKEA keeps getting worse and worse. The furniture from there that I got in 2000 is still like new but stuff I got 2 years ago is falling apart (except one dresser that's made of solid wood). Ugh

I am sad. :(

E: I am seriously depressed they don't have the square glass lamp anymore. I keep breaking them and I was gonna buy some replacements. They had them earlier this year, why would they get rid of them.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 22:13 on Oct 9, 2016

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
Noooooo that lingonberry soda is the only soda I allow myself to drink as a treat and the promise of it is the only thing that lures me into an IKEA :(

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Thin Privilege posted:

IKEA update:

-they no longer have lingonberry soft drink
I did not even know this was a thing and now I know this is a thing I won't have and the internet is not helping me and now I am sad

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I work at a small family business and the boss' wife keeps trying to include her weird, spergy sons in all us girls' off work activities. And not just in a "hey, you might be interested" way, but a weird and bitchy "you girls went to the movies last weekend, so you're in some kind of movie club, why don't you invite my boys??" kind of way. Her sons now work at the business because apparently they can't cut it in the fast-paced world of Amazon, where one of them literally described his job as "tetris with boxes for 2 hours, then nothing for six".

These young men are so hosed up I can't even figure out if it's something like autism or their upbringing or both. One of them was fake laughing very obviously the other morning at the radio and it was creepy as poo poo because I was standing next to him. He talks like a robot from some alternate dimension and all of his reactions are clearly faked, but they weren't home-schooled so the reason of their fuckedupness is making me crazy trying to figure it out. I just don't understand their loving damage and it's driving me insane because I have to deal with them all the time at work and their crazy mother keeps trying to get them into our off work stuff. NO I WON'T GO SEE PETE THE DRAGON WITH YOUR WEIRD CHILDREN, I AM 30 drat YEARS OLD.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

You Are A Elf posted:

Got my new debit card... and it's a goddamn chip & pin. Here's to standing in line for five minutes while my inserted card goes through, only for it to BAPBAPBAP-BAPBAPBAP-BAPBAPBAP-BAPBAPBAP-BAPBAPBAP at me until I remove it.

How is America so bad at this? Chip and PIN is supposed to be more convenient, secure, and reliable than the old system, not less, and you should be using contactless payment by now anyway like everyone else is.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yeah the credit card payment thing is going through a confusing mess right now since people are used to swiping and a lot of stores haven't upgraded their chip system yet so the inserting doesn't work either. I'm hoping an Apple pay or other smartphone equivalent takes over and we can entirely bypass physical credit cards sooner than later.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Mu Zeta posted:

Yeah the credit card payment thing is going through a confusing mess right now since people are used to swiping and a lot of stores haven't upgraded their chip system yet so the inserting doesn't work either. I'm hoping an Apple pay or other smartphone equivalent takes over and we can entirely bypass physical credit cards sooner than later.

This, plus most places I used my old card at was just swipe and go, no PIN input. I don't find chip & PIN more convenient at all.

Also, I'm an old bastard who's set in his ways and enjoys swiping cards. Why yes, as a matter of fact, I am talking to you from the year 1963.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
my only issue so far with chipped cards is that most of the readers take for-loving-ever to process a transaction.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah it used to be mildly awkward waiting for the card swipe to process but now you have just enough time to look around but not enough time to really chit chat. Sucks all around.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

empty sea posted:

I work at a small family business and the boss' wife keeps trying to include her weird, spergy sons in all us girls' off work activities. And not just in a "hey, you might be interested" way, but a weird and bitchy "you girls went to the movies last weekend, so you're in some kind of movie club, why don't you invite my boys??" kind of way. Her sons now work at the business because apparently they can't cut it in the fast-paced world of Amazon, where one of them literally described his job as "tetris with boxes for 2 hours, then nothing for six".

These young men are so hosed up I can't even figure out if it's something like autism or their upbringing or both. One of them was fake laughing very obviously the other morning at the radio and it was creepy as poo poo because I was standing next to him. He talks like a robot from some alternate dimension and all of his reactions are clearly faked, but they weren't home-schooled so the reason of their fuckedupness is making me crazy trying to figure it out. I just don't understand their loving damage and it's driving me insane because I have to deal with them all the time at work and their crazy mother keeps trying to get them into our off work stuff. NO I WON'T GO SEE PETE THE DRAGON WITH YOUR WEIRD CHILDREN, I AM 30 drat YEARS OLD.
This is not a first world problem. This is a "get another job" situation. Seriously wtf? :stare:

I'm autistic and I feel comfortable saying that nothing about any of what you're saying is normal or healthy for anyone.

Don't bother trying to understand their headspace, it's not going to happen. Be direct if he's making you uncomfortable as it is happening and set a polite but firm boundary, weird as that is, and he'll likely back off without raising a fuss... Unless he's a true brat.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

My wife just found out that I spent $16,000 on Star Citizen.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I have a week of leave starting tomorrow and I think I'm getting sick.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Noctone posted:

my only issue so far with chipped cards is that most of the readers take for-loving-ever to process a transaction.

I think it's because there's a lot more data that has to get transmitted, AND it has to go back-and-forth more, but it's still on old-as-gently caress phone lines at most retailers instead of the high speed internet lines.

And most (all?) places aren't even chip+PIN, they're chip+signature. Under $50 or so, no signature required, but over that, you have to sign. But if most people are like me, most purchases are under $50 so I don't think to look at the screen so then it takes even longer on a larger purchase cause I don't notice it's waiting for me to sign.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My fridge doesn't dispense water at the rate/temp that those dispense-your-own-soft-drink things at fast food places and theaters have.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
The target near me didn't have Passion tea so I looked online and they said the next nearest one had it. So I drove all the way over and they don't have it! Plus this target always smells weird and is dirty.

Also they need to have self-checkout licenses so you can't use one unless you pass a test. 99.9% of people are loving MORONS AND I AM VERY ANGRY RIGHT NOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Somebody is wrong on the internet.