Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

They better actually gaslight us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008
The Adomian get was so perfect.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Man that guy had a hell of a trajectory from 'harassing women online sucks' to 'Thatcher was bad but she was a pioneering woman' to 'leftists are literally worse than anime Nazis'

yea his narrative arc as a human being is a hell of a ride

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I wish Adomian's Bernie Sanders impression was better, because "Bernie Sanders as a findom sub" is an A+ concept.

fatherboxx posted:

speaking of irony poisoning, that alt-right garfield concept was uhh something
I wouldn't be surprised if it's a thing already.

beep by grandpa posted:

are there any particular eps where they just poo poo on arthur chu? that guy's a goldmine.
As far as I'm concerned, the best opening that they've ever done was a take on Mike and the Mad Dog (a New York sports radio show) where they discuss who the most woke male ally is on Twitter, and there's an extended riff on Arthur Chu in it. I don't remember what episode that was in, though.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Oct 6, 2016

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

quote:

As far as I'm concerned, the best opening that they've ever done was a take on Mike and the Mad Dog (a New York sports radio show) where they discuss who the most woke male ally is on Twitter, and there's an extended riff on Arthur Chu in it. I don't remember what episode that was in, though.

That was episode 20 where they talked about UFC.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

JohnnyC posted:

The Adomian get was so perfect.

They all played off each other really well, I feel like they could have spent 30 minutes on impressions alone. As a We Hate Movies listener I have an extreme soft spot for Jesse the Body Ventura impressions.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Literally posted:

That was episode 20 where they talked about UFC.

I had forgotten about Mike and the Woke Dog and upon re-listening, it's exactly as great as you'd expect.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 minutes!
mondays are haram

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

John Romero posted:

mondays are haram

https://twitter.com/numinouscosmos/status/783711232461148166?s=09

Lurks Morington
Aug 7, 2016

by Smythe
The best cum town bit was that getting head from a Russian prostitute with braces in Israel is called 'iron dome'

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/784852238296551426

https://twitter.com/ben_geier/status/784814842045722624

Sushi in Yiddish fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Oct 8, 2016

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Tonight's SNL guest stars Lin-Manuel Miranda. It will almost certainly have Alec Baldwin vamping as Trump and then Hamilton shows up to rap about how bad he is.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
can't watch lest I cringe myself to death.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Organising a knife rumble between the Chapo Boys and The McElroy Brothers for charity.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Why are folks pitting those against eachother?

Lurks Morington
Aug 7, 2016

by Smythe

Kunster posted:

Chapo/cum town is like the single friend who you go out to bars, do blow, and bully poly people with and the McElroys are your married friend who works in middle management, are totally pumped about their new kitchen, and calls the police when a homeless person talks to them.

Edit: which is to say both are cool and good, but in different ways.

Lurks Morington fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Oct 9, 2016

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Kunster posted:

The Mcelroys are friends with Lin and he's a fan of their stuff, even guested on a few episodes. Honestly he seems like an alright dude even though hamilton is really stupid.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Is there an episode where they dress down Hamilton? I've noticed them making small cracks about it recently, but am curious if they do a whole segment on it.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Dinosaurs! posted:

Is there an episode where they dress down Hamilton? I've noticed them making small cracks about it recently, but am curious if they do a whole segment on it.

Isn't there an episode where someone maybe will does a Hamilton rap?

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/Trillburne/status/785147060395905025

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

LOVE :clap: THAT :clap: BOY

So according to this article, they go into Hamilton in ep. 30

Also if you're wondering about some of the more obscure references to dumb rear end tweets like "The situation has become dangerous and unacceptable" you can find a good explanation here: http://splitsider.com/2016/09/explaining-the-chapo-trap-house-podcast-to-the-uninitiated/

Sushi in Yiddish fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Oct 9, 2016

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The McElroys are almost always raising money for charities and homelessness.

I mean, being friends with Miranda is a solid reason to like Hamilton. Celebrate your friend's play blowing up as big as Wicked.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Corek posted:

Tonight's SNL guest stars Lin-Manuel Miranda. It will almost certainly have Alec Baldwin vamping as Trump and then Hamilton shows up to rap about how bad he is.

AV Club (which has really gone to poo poo this year, especially as the comments section turned into a YASS KWEEN :abuela: safe-space) creamed itself over it, especially because Miranda referenced another podcast quite a bit during the show. The ep also had Jimmy Fallon, who corpsed three (III) times.

e: that "other podcast" was MBMBAM, and the reference was some sort of hand gesture. i was watching #Pac12AfterDark so i'm going off reports.

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Oct 9, 2016

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Jimmy Fallon appearing on anything is now a positive for me because a Vic Berger video may shortly follow.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Love that boy.

https://twitter.com/ron_fournier/status/785159972107595776

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
lol that almost makes me feel bad for the guy

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
One of the McElroy bros does a medical history podcast with his doctor wife and after Hillary collapsed on 9/11 she did an episode on pneumonia that was mostly just an excuse to defend/shill for Hillary. At one point she argued that the founding fathers had smallpox and FDR had polio so if you criticise Hillary for being sick then you hate America and the fact that she was out there at all when she was sick shows how STRONG she is and :downswords:

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
yea they're just some nice doofs who mean well but are as politically enlightened as your parent's liberal neighbors.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Guy Mann posted:

One of the McElroy bros does a medical history podcast with his doctor wife and after Hillary collapsed on 9/11 she did an episode on pneumonia that was mostly just an excuse to defend/shill for Hillary. At one point she argued that the founding fathers had smallpox and FDR had polio so if you criticise Hillary for being sick then you hate America and the fact that she was out there at all when she was sick shows how STRONG she is and :downswords:

yeah well most of our presidents are loving DEAd but you don't see them getting criticized for it

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Impermanent posted:

yea they're just some nice doofs who mean well but are as politically enlightened as your parent's liberal neighbors.

as long as they can keep their dumb politics out of their monster factory videos I don't give a poo poo.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

"I'm not owned, I'm not owned!"

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The McElroy bros really need to #DoBetter.

Mr. Lobe posted:

"I'm not owned, I'm not owned!"

How dare you, Ron is never owned.

Ron's just dumb as hell, he's not like the the other vampiric fucks who make up a lot of the punditry.

Lol the quote from the Ron ep from Virgil Texas was "Ron is what happens when you're a reasonably decent person who's never encountered Marxism."

Atrocious Joe fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 9, 2016

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Is Chapo still shilling for Jill Stein or have they realized she's terrible yet

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

SunAndSpring posted:

They've been recommending her chiropractic practice for months now!

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

SunAndSpring posted:

They've always been pretty critical though it doesn't come up often.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
They've never shilled for the Greens at all far as I know. Stein only gets mentioned to make fun of her for being a quack.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Ah, maybe I'm just super dumb and misinterpreted something they said then.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

They are pretty upfront about being AKP shills

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

The Chapo position on Stein has always been that she's laughable because of her alternative medicine/vaccine stuff, and that people should just vote for hillary because it's her or trump and she's better than trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I still can't figure out if I like justice or development more.