Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Need your advice dudes. Ostlandet in Vikings start. Goal is to make a pagan Norway, get rid of goddamned gavelkind and roll with it until the end to export into EU. Forming Norregr is easy, but then it gets difficult, if anyone done it - I need all the help I can get. I started from scratch now but in previous attempts I got the hang of reform religion>go feudal>switch to primogeniture but then whatever power is now "Germany" DOWs and with feudal system I no longer have the panic button 'Raise tribal army'. Whats the solution? Hoard money and hire a ton of mercs? That's the only thing I can think of. Pls give me a strategy if possible. In fact I wouldn't even mind if you direct me to a mod that allows you to create an Old Gods holy order of some sort. Christians have them, why not Odin?

Sekenr fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Oct 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

dumb and kinda scared posted:

Need your advice dudes. Ostlandet in Vikings start. Goal is to make a pagan Norway, get rid of goddamned gavelkind and roll with it until the end to export into EU. Forming Norregr is easy, but then it gets difficult, if anyone done it - I need all the help I can get. I started from scratch now but in previous attempts I got the hang of reform religion>go feudal>switch to primogeniture but then whatever power is now "Germany" DOWs and with feudal system I no longer have the panic button 'Raise tribal army'. Whats the solution? Hoard money and hire a ton of mercs? That's the only thing I can think of. Pls give me a strategy if possible. In fact I wouldn't even mind if you direct me to a mod that allows you to create an Old Gods holy order of some sort. Christians have them, why not Odin?

The Jomsvikings are in vanilla.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
You need to be be rich as gently caress to survive the transition to feudal as Germanic religion because you need to simultaneously be growing your retinue, upgrading every castle in your holding, while keeping a reserve for mercs. The good news is Germanic is really easy to be rich as gently caress because of their best raiding mechanics.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Baron Corbyn posted:

The Jomsvikings are in vanilla.

This is loving incredible. Tell me more, what is the conditions for this to appear

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug

dumb and kinda scared posted:

This is loving incredible. Tell me more, what is the conditions for this to appear

Last Norse game I played (Rajas), they appeared by event after I owned some provinces in North Germany I think.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
After 920 and there must be agermanic ruler of one of the specific provinces on the southern Baltic coast, Stettin, Wolgast, Rugen, or Werle.

Mtth of 620 months. Its compounded if Germanic rulers own all 4 but its ultimately gambling and the best way to secure your future during a transition to feudal is with cold hard cash you stole from a church.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Do we know anything about the attributes generals can get with Rights of Man ?

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

Fintilgin posted:

I've got them all and I couldn't find that drat button the other day.

Thought I'd imagined it existed.

It's in province view and the other guy needs to still have a core on it.

And for Jomsvikings: http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Holy_orders#List_of_holy_orders

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

1. I finally reached GP status as Sweden around 1842, but now how do I increase influence points well enough in a short period of time so that I can sphere Denmark and form Scandinavia? So far I only seem to be able to produce 0.1 influence each month.

2. What is the main strategy for playing as Two Sicilies? The Netherlands?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Grouchio posted:

1. I finally reached GP status as Sweden around 1842, but now how do I increase influence points well enough in a short period of time so that I can sphere Denmark and form Scandinavia? So far I only seem to be able to produce 0.1 influence each month.

Get the second to last column of Commerce tech, that gives you more influence points. Build railroads via ctrl+click on the map and factories via the foreign investment screen to make it harder for other nations to invest in them.
Make sure you're not putting your influence points into another country because 0.1 seems way too tiny.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Grouchio posted:

1) If you focus on improving relations and investing in their country, you should be able to quickly sphere them one at a time. If any AI gives you trouble, stop investing for a bit and wait for them to use their influence to discredit someone.

2a) Spam prestige so you can start sphering ASAP while grabbing some early colonies.
b) Don't lose Belgium.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
Pleased to inform the thread that as of today there is one more goon working at paradox.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

ArchangeI posted:

Pleased to inform the thread that as of today there is one more goon working at paradox.

Who is it?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Is it me? Let me check my mails.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Me, obviously.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

ArchangeI posted:

Me, obviously.
I am sorry for your loss.

I have updated the spreadsheet.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

ArchangeI posted:

Which title are you in charge of dumbing down for filthy casuals?

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

ArchangeI posted:

Me, obviously.

Who of the new people are you that got hired? If you don't want to say on the forum write to me on Slack.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
Paradox seems a cool place, they should open an office near me so I can apply without moving to Sweden. :(

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

Which title are you in charge of dumbing down for filthy casuals?

Hoi 4, so most of the work is already done :haw:

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Goondolences

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

ArchangeI posted:

:smugdon:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

CharlestheHammer posted:

It honestly needs less combat focus not more.

It's a factory building simulator nothing more.

I always have trouble knowing which to build

feller
Jul 5, 2006

corn in the bible posted:

Booze and guns just like IRL

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Just look at the trade tab and scan for stuff with a huge gap between supply and demand. That and military stuff, since it seems like there's never enough around when you actually need it.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

In theory. In practice by the time it's built the price has either crashed or is in a process of crashing. If your lucky this happens while it's only level one. If your me you level 20 booze plant that's been profitable with no subsidies the whole game sudden goes under and puts like two hundred thousand people out of work.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
What's the Venn diagram between Scandinavian goons and Paradox goons now?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
where is svea rike 5 paradox

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Agean90 posted:

In theory. In practice by the time it's built the price has either crashed or is in a process of crashing. If your lucky this happens while it's only level one. If your me you level 20 booze plant that's been profitable with no subsidies the whole game sudden goes under and puts like two hundred thousand people out of work.

The lesson here being not to build an economy that relies too heavily on a single type of product.

See: Venezuela

Oh and that subsidies are good, at least as long as you keep an eye on them.

For choosing what factories to build, I like to check the trade tab to see if there are any manufactured (non-military) products that are fairly low in supply compared to current demand. Those can usually be a good source of income.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

where is svea rike 5 paradox

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

ArchangeI posted:

Ugh, you didn't tell us you were a goon :frogout:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Darkrenown posted:

You guys looking to hire an ideas guy? :v:

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
We just added 2 more designers, so we have enough for now!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

What is the best way to play as the Netherlands? Vanilla, PDM or HPM?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Darkrenown posted:

Lol.

I would like to think during the interview they asked him if he had stairs and his house and he respoded "no, I live in a flat"

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Demiurge4 posted:

You guys looking to hire an ideas guy? :v:

Same. I don't know how to code, 3D model or draw and have no talents in general, but I also would like to be hired as an ideas guy or maybe a manager.

First order of business is we drop everything and make Vicky 3: Ricky Reloaded

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Phlegmish posted:

Same. I don't know how to code, 3D model or draw and have no talents in general, but I also would like to be hired as an ideas guy or maybe a manager.

First order of business is we drop everything and make Vicky 3: Ricky Reloaded

Would it be made so it works on Facebook?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Are there any mods for Victoria 2 that just remove the end date?

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

Darkrenown posted:

One goon enters the content design team, one goon leaves... The worst possible Thunderdome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Grouchio posted:

What is the best way to play as the Netherlands? Vanilla, PDM or HPM?

You really don't need to switch mods on a nation-per-nation basis. Just stick with what mod you like best.
Maybe play some vanilla (or NNM) if you're still new to the game so you even have a basis for comparison.