Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Jonas Albrecht posted:

This has to be parody.

You'd think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Another cry for help. Soon he'll start posting about how we'll all be sorry when he's dead.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Jack Gladney posted:

Another cry for help. Soon he'll start posting about how we'll all be sorry when he's dead.

I'd say that would go against his "argh blargh nobody should have any positive feelings toward anyone else" stance, but it's not like he's ever been any good at intellectual consistency

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

A White Guy posted:

Not to burst your bubble, but there is such a thing as rocket insurance . Though, in true insurance tradition, they may get away with not paying for that rocket launch because it wasn't actually in flight when in it blew up :v:.

Yes I'm aware, and yeah rocket insurance specifically starts when it actually takes off. Apparently they had another kind of insurance that might pay out instead (used to insure cargo ships in port I guess?), but they're still hashing the details out.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
is there a D&D thread about gentrification and or White Flight?

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

A White Guy posted:

Not to burst your bubble, but there is such a thing as rocket insurance . Though, in true insurance tradition, they may get away with not paying for that rocket launch because it wasn't actually in flight when in it blew up :v:.

Techbros vs. Claims Adjusters is a war that we can all enjoy.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Race Realists posted:

is there a D&D thread about gentrification and or White Flight?

The SpaceX thread :v:

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Whitey didn't make it to the moon because he blew up during liftoff.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
The amazing thing about this is he manages to trash adoption without mentioning even one of the legitimate complaints a lot of other people have about the adoption industry, of which there are many. Concern for birth mothers' rights? Not a word. Questionable ethics involved in foreign adoptions? Nothing.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

pookel posted:

The amazing thing about this is he manages to trash adoption without mentioning even one of the legitimate complaints a lot of other people have about the adoption industry, of which there are many. Concern for birth mothers' rights? Not a word. Questionable ethics involved in foreign adoptions? Nothing.

This would require him to be not the biggest shitheel imaginable and also know more about the issue than what he imagines to be the case and what he's read on far-right blogs.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
I'm looking forward to the meltdowns from the usual suspects after today's events.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Well, alt-right morons like Matt Forney are definitely the type of people who would say something like "actully, sexual assault is good and cool!" so I bet there will be no problems.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

uber_stoat posted:

Well, alt-right morons like Matt Forney are definitely the type of people who would say something like "actully, sexual assault is good and cool!" so I bet there will be no problems.

That and most of them believe that all women everywhere secretly like the behavior displayed on the leaked tape and it's only modern feminism that brainwashed people into thinking otherwise. So expect a good deal of hand-wringing and genuine surprise at everyone else's reactions

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah it's important to remember that the thing that distinguishes the alt right is, they don't give a poo poo about dog whistles. They openly endorse this kind of behavior.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Comments section time!

Unknown posted:

"Fit" means that which reproduces and survives. The black teenage girl I saw yesterday with two kids in her buggy is fit by raw biological standards. Of course, being an AN I oppose all reproduction. Thoughts?

MMS posted:

From an evolutionary aspect, what you say is obviously true (a fit creature passes on its OWN particular genetic sequence). But none of this matters in Hillary’s America.

The more teenage mothers that poo poo out subnormal children mean the more new strippers at the gentlemen's club. My chronic alcoholism is going to dispose of me long before her simpleton offspring join their first gang.

He has no need to be parodied, because he does it himself, it's great. The punishment for being Mister Mean-Spirited is being Mister Mean-Spirited.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Women are dumb because of :biotruths: and evolution clearly proves that they are except when it shows the exact opposite in which case hillary did it somehow

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Are there any DE "thinkers" left? I'm not talking about general purpose alt-right losers, I mean Carlyle-quoting monarchists and the like. I haven't seen any good hate reads posted here in a while.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

Are there any DE "thinkers" left? I'm not talking about general purpose alt-right losers, I mean Carlyle-quoting monarchists and the like. I haven't seen any good hate reads posted here in a while.

Scott Alexander has helpfully curated them for his blog so I'll put some links here

http://thefutureprimaeval.net/

https://westhunt.wordpress.com/

http://www.xenosystems.net/

http://www.ribbonfarm.com/

I note that he appears to have quietly removed Scott Adams' blog

Frogisis
Apr 15, 2003

relax brother relax

Maxwell Lord posted:

Yeah it's important to remember that the thing that distinguishes the alt right is, they don't give a poo poo about dog whistles. They openly endorse this kind of behavior.

Yeah, they know they're assholes but they're really defensive and self-conscious about it and powered by the fury that everyone else won't salve that by being assholes along with them.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Frogisis posted:

Yeah, they know they're assholes but they're really defensive and self-conscious about it and powered by the fury that everyone else won't salve that by being assholes along with them.
Because deep down everyone thinks the exact same things, they're just too afraid of the libtard social justice mafia to openly admit it.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I've read almost everything on this blog, and I don't think Venkatesh Rao is DE at all. I get why Scott would group him with them, though.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t_Bs-8L4Mo

New Hbomberguy video

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Anyone know about this particular youtube edgelord? Someone linked this video where he wants to make anime real or something and I looked at his patreon and saw a video titled "Social Justice Warriors: Mentally Handicapped?" and rolled my eyes so hard they fell out and kept rolling out the door and down the hall.

https://www.patreon.com/DrLayman

Bonus lol from a youtube commenter on one of his videos:

quote:

kelsyer the human lightning rod 3 months ago
i am having an argument with myself if i should invent a time machine for it to kill the guy who started Islam before he can, and killing my father with it. i guess it comes down to if i can make the time machine on which i would do.

Also here's one unrelated incredibly confused 9/11 truther youtube comment. It doesn't have to do with anything else but the degree to which he is wrong is impressive, like some kind of museum piece of wrong-ness that should be displayed for the public:

quote:

Ricardo Santos 1 day ago
I do wonder what happened to the engines. Those are meant to resist heat, thus would have not melted when the building fell. So where are they?

I also wonder what material are terrorist password made of. Given that the building and plane where pulverized, how is that the password of the terrorist survived? If we can find the material then we could start making buildings from that material

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
What the gently caress is a terrorist password?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Pope Guilty posted:

What the gently caress is a terrorist password?

Haha, he meant 'passport' and hosed it up twice.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

You know, I can't remember which thread I read it in, but it is true that the vast majority of these voices are people who have A) not gotten to a social standing they would want to be at and feel the need to lash out, but B) never wish to be judged for it too.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Ah yes, the founder of Islam, Joey Islam. I curse him.

Samovar posted:

You know, I can't remember which thread I read it in, but it is true that the vast majority of these voices are people who have A) not gotten to a social standing they would want to be at and feel the need to lash out, but B) never wish to be judged for it too.

Is it true that you are a person who A) Asks vague questions and B) expects clear answers?

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Ah yes, the founder of Islam, Joey Islam. I curse him.

Is it true that you are a person who A) Asks vague questions and B) expects clear answers?

He didn't ask a question. He made a statement. C'mon son.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

I Killed GBS posted:

He didn't ask a question. He made a statement. C'mon son.

I mean he didn't use a question mark, but it was phrased as a sentence

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I mean he didn't use a question mark, but it was phrased as a sentence

No, he said "It is true" not "Is it true"

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

I Killed GBS posted:

No, he said "It is true" not "Is it true"

I misread it then

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Razorwired posted:

Techbros vs. Claims Adjusters is a war that we can all enjoy.

Because it's not that insurance companies aren't all bastards, it's a clever bastard vs stupid bastard interaction. If insurance has to cover rockets while on the launchpad, it is going to cost significantly more, so that Elon Musk cannot afford to make as many launches. Which means he will have to take less risks. Which makes his mission plan of "Take risks and cut costs that NASA would not, and make a profit" not seem like the best long term strategy, like as a Biotruth because that's how natural selection works.

Insurance costs bankrupting space programs that think that throwing less money at problems will cause the problems to start spewing out cash in the long run fail in the long run and when it all evens out it bankrupts the weakest link, and you can bet your rear end that's not gonna be the insurance industry, because they're the apex predator.

danger-carpet
Aug 3, 2016

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

I do have direct evidence from personal experience that cruising for a gang bang from males that are low status in the ostensible male hierarchy is alarmingly common behavior among hot chicks

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Lottery of Babylon posted:

I do have direct evidence from personal experience that cruising for a gang bang from males that are low status in the ostensible male hierarchy is alarmingly common behavior among hot chicks

https://twitter.com/dril/status/213849618415484929

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

What signifies a fertile woman now, signified a fertile woman in the ancestral environment. Women face a more complex task, and the changes wrought by modernity can throw them off. To see where they go off the rails, let us look at romantic movies.

In many romantic movies (King prince billionaire vampire) the scenario is wildly unrealistic and artificially set up so that they don’t go off the rails. In “Titanic”, however, the protagonist makes a choice that in real life would be horribly wrong (failed musician with no visible means of support). And in most movies set in something like the real world, the women make absolutely awful choices that would be completely disastrous in real life.

I think the answer is conqueror syndrome. In the ancestral environment, women simply did not get to choose, or had their choices severely constrained. If women have choice, indicates social collapse, in which case male support is unlikely. So women want to gently caress the new winners. If the existing male status hierarchy cannot control women, women despise it, and look for conqueror males – those who also despise and defy the existing male hierarchy.

I think the existing environment has triggered behavior in women that would be appropriate in a conquered and defeated tribe in a state of social collapse. That just as dogs become neurotic if their owner is not clearly alpha to them, women become neurotic when they are emancipated. Men are adapted to making sexual choices under conditions that are now the same as they ever where. Women generally did not get to make sexual choices, and when they did, was a revolutionary act conducted under conditions of social collapse. Men make choices based on physical cues that mean the same as ever they did. Women make choices based on social cues, which cues are now highly abnormal by the standards of environment of evolutionary adaptation.

To control female behavior, we have to provide them with paleo social stimuli. Needs to be better correlation between male status and making holes in people with a sharp object. Also, disrespect for males of superior social status has to have great likelihood of primitive physical violence. We need to distribute police functions to the entire category of high status males, rather than having a specialized group. We also need to legalize simple minded crude primitive violence under a variety of common circumstances, especially violence against women.

If two men want to have a fight, let them. If one man acts in a recklessly provocative manner, he wants to have a fight. If someone dies as a result, oh well. If a low status man wants to fight a high status man, high status men will unfairly cooperate to beat the hell out of him.

Woman are uncomfortable if status in male society is too subtle for them to understand. So we need theater that will impress them, status that has status markers that would be familiar to a cavewoman, just as today’s signs of female fertility would be familiar to a caveman.

And all women belong to some man who is responsible for their behavior and has authority to punish them. If the state or society has a problem with some woman’s behavior, it asks “Whose woman is this?”, and then tells that man to take care of the problem, as they would the owner of a pet or a stray farm animal.

Women are uncomfortable if they are not controlled by quite forceful means. So we need theater that will impress them, authority that has characteristics of authority that would be familiar to a cavewoman, just as today’s signs of female fertility would be familiar to a caveman. Women need to be hit with a stick, or to at least believe that they are exposed to real possibility that they might be hit with a stick, subjected to theater that makes them nervous they might be beaten with a stick, because anything less signifies weakness, and women then wander off looking for strength.

This would align female perceptions of status and genetic quality with the ostensible male hierarchy. Have to create a social scene for women where it at least looks to woman as if the males we want them to gently caress can kill the males we don’t want them to gently caress, and all males are automatically higher status than all women, hence all males automatically privileged to administer physical punishment except that she is under the supervision of another male. It does not need to be quite that way really, but has to look enough like that the female subconscious likes it and is comfortable with it.

If we implement a system that is in fact a little more civilized, we cannot let it look too civilized. Just as a garden is an imitation of wild nature, our civilization must at least pretend to be primitive murderous violent patriarchy, as a garden pretends to be a wilderness, for the sake of the woman, who cannot endure civilization any more than men can be entirely separated from wilderness.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I hadn't heard of that term so I wiki'd it and christ I don't think I've ever seen a larger warning box before

e: To be clear I basically knew the idea that the term was describing but hadn't actually heard it called that

Shame Boy has a new favorite as of 05:41 on Oct 10, 2016

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Lottery of Babylon posted:

"I never hosed a ten, but I hosed five twos!"

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

"I never hosed a ten, but I hosed five twos!"

We all know deep down that the Alt-Right, Libertarianism, the Dark Enlightenment, whatever you want to call it, is all about getting your god given opportunity to gently caress a ten year old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
So how about vox day making a "less biased" wikipedia knock off, where you pay money to be an admin.

And calling it "infogalactic".

Because loving lol.