Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

That70sHeidi posted:

Sam and Rowena working together ... he has to make a deal with Rowena

Why would you want this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Because Rowena is pretty and that's enough for B-television.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Because Rowena is pretty and that's enough for B-television.

That's pretty fair, Gus.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Is the actress really Scottish? She is either making a really bad accent or her voice is just terrible.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Is the actress really Scottish? She is either making a really bad accent or her voice is just terrible.

FerrrrrrrrrGUS

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

quote:

Ruth Connell is a Scottish theatre, television and film actress and producer. She is also a former professional dancer and choreographer. Connell is best known for her recurring role as Rowena in the CW series Supernatural. She was nominated as "Best Leading Actress" in the 2013 BroadwayWorld Los Angeles Awards for her portrayal of Mrs Darling and Captain Hook at the Blank Theatre, Los Angeles in their award-winning production of Peter Pan; The Boy Who Hated Mothers.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I'm glad she's legit Scottish because then it's hilarious.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
She sounds like an annoying mom who Crowley wishes would shut the hell up; she's a good actress in that regard, annoying as it might be for some people.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Some light spoilers:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/28/what-brings-me-back-is-the-reality-of-it-the-supernatural-round-table-at-sdcc/

Also has Ruth Connell asking for hot young men to be brought on the show because she's single.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

I can't get over how ridiculous it is that they cast Rick Springfield.

It's wonderful :3:

Edit: Do we have a premier date yet?
Yes! It's Thursday, Oct. 13 9 pm

I think I might go through the actual effort of another OP this year because...well..some poo poo went down.

cool kids inc. fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jul 28, 2016

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

GreenNight posted:

Some light spoilers:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/28/what-brings-me-back-is-the-reality-of-it-the-supernatural-round-table-at-sdcc/

Also has Ruth Connell asking for hot young men to be brought on the show because she's single.

Crowley is so great.

quote:

Press: Does Crowley want revenge against Lucifer?

Mark Sheppard: What do you think?

Press: Well, yes!

MS: Then why’d you ask me?

:razz:

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Finally finished up Season 11 and hot drat!

Still can't believe I've been watching this show for 11 years.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/SPN_updates/status/775430237689700353

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I honestly hope they purposely have no main villain this season so they stop chopping out 20 minutes to moan about not knowing what to do about the main villain.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

What if the main villain is Sam?

Or Dean?!

Or Castiel?!?!

Or Crowley?!?!?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

oldpainless posted:

What if the main villain is Sam?

Or Dean?!

Or Castiel?!?!

Or Crowley?!?!?

Season long villain will be "Ronald J. Krump", a crazed demon running for president.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Well that looks like a scene of insanity.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Misha posted it on Twitter after decorating Mark Sheppard trailer.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

At first I thought the best part of that picture was Sheppard's thousand yard stare, and then I saw who was taking the picture! :laugh:

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Blazing Ownager posted:

I honestly hope they purposely have no main villain this season so they stop chopping out 20 minutes to moan about not knowing what to do about the main villain.

And then go after a monster of the week so they can "get a win". They did that at least 2 times last season.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
If they need to have a main villain for the season, they should definitely make them a little more "normal". Meaning I want them to fight a villain that isn't so overpowered that they need to sneak up on it and stab it in the back to win. The Frankenstein clan could have been this.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

3 A.M. Radio posted:

If they need to have a main villain for the season, they should definitely make them a little more "normal". Meaning I want them to fight a villain that isn't so overpowered that they need to sneak up on it and stab it in the back to win. The Frankenstein clan could have been this.

The witches too.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Tiggum posted:

The witches too.

Witches are pretty powerful, though. They're pretty much the only villains they've not been able to finish off, like Patrick the Manwitch and the witch couple from season 6, I think it was. They just kind of had to let them go at the end of those episodes.

I do agree they shouldn't have killed off the witch group from last season, though.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
We haven't done a Cthulhu season yet. I mean Lucifer was technically an "ancient evil being awoken" but something not as explicitly religious would be cool.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

computer parts posted:

We haven't done a Cthulhu season yet. I mean Lucifer was technically an "ancient evil being awoken" but something not as explicitly religious would be cool.

I thought the Leviathans were supposed to be Cthulu-ish on a budget? Didn't they even have a flashback to Lovecraft writing about them or something?

3 A.M. Radio fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Oct 9, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well, for at least a little while the villains are just people, right? The other Men of Letters?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

The new villain should be an STD given physical form trying to track down the Winchesters for all those ladies over the seasons.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kangarookie posted:

The new villain should be an STD given physical form trying to track down the Winchesters for all those ladies over the seasons.

The entity from it Follows.

It just took a while to get through the list.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Kangarookie posted:

I thought around 90% of the women they slept with died horribly?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

3 A.M. Radio posted:

I thought the Leviathans were supposed to be Cthulu-ish on a budget? Didn't they even have a flashback to Lovecraft writing about them or something?

I meant more like mystery cultists and stuff like that. You don't have to have the beasts themselves show up on screen, just as a background to how they have Magic Powers or whatever.

The closest thing we got IMO are those demons in the first few seasons that talk about how they worship Lucifer like a god. (which is then funnier when it turns out he hates all of them and would probably murder them all if he won)

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I love how we see Dean explaining to her already about the time travel meetings and seeing her ghost. :allears:

Now he just has to drop the bomb that "oh yeah, and your father came back to life but we ganked him. He was kinda a douche."

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Sigh, for the 2nd season in the row the sound is absolute poo poo. I don't know if it's my affiliate or what, but I'm not really noticing it on other CW shows. The sound is clipping like crazy, leading to crackling all over the place and is annoying as hell. Last year I got around it by watching the show on Hulu, but obviously that isn't an option this year. I could always use their new CW app, but, sigh, commercials.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Is It not on Hulu this year?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Kangarookie posted:

Is It not on Hulu this year?

No CW shows are on Hulu this year. The deal is over.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Well. That's unfortunate.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
drat, I was fully expecting that lady to say "Make America great again".

Still, hell of an opener. Might be the first one in a while that didn't kinda wipe the slate clean and start with NEW PLOT DEVELOPMENTS.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

bull3964 posted:

The new deal is with Netflix, putting the whole season up shortly after the finale, right?

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

bull3964 posted:

No wonder I'm not seeing anything when i log in. Bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

McSpanky posted:

The new deal is with Netflix, putting the whole season up shortly after the finale, right?

Yup, the new deal is that Netflix will have the full new season of the CW shows 8 days after the season concludes.

The new CW app is actually pretty drat good as far as streaming quality goes and is a pretty decent tradoff to hulu (especially since it's free), but I had commercial free Hulu so I'm not too anxious about going back to ADs.