Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

Folt The Bolt posted:

The Rupee Glitch still works.

I GOT IT. for the first time in way too many loving hours, trying Link on the spinner, Cia, Dorf, Lana's gate. Finally got it on Lana's gate, 43rd try. 3rd try with an actual Gate of Souls.

Still, figured I'd get it in 20 tries with triforce spinner, link level 255. But drat. I got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Yeah I wish the rupee glitch was more uhh consistent, because drat is it annoying trying to get it to work and spending an hour not being able to trigger it.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So the spotpass fairy has the "SP Bar Always Full" ability.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Did Ghirahim's Lv. 4+ weapon mission on the Grand Travels Map which is a red quare mission. Damage is now up to Twilight Levels, and I thought for sure I'd fail because I had gone over 10000 damage (25 hearts)... and then I found that I had passed the damage rank anyways. WITHOUT using the item card that gives you a more lenient damage requirement. So at least some Red Square missions on Grand Travels have a higher Damage Taken requirement than HW Adventure Map Missions have ever had before.

Coupled with the fact that those missions come out when you're able to reach a much higher level cap than when the Twilight Map came out on the Wii U version, it looks like TK has learned from their mistakes with that map. :getin:

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

And I am now done with the Grand Travels Map. All missions cleared with an A Rank, all Weapons and Costumes gotten, all Fairy Costumes gotten, all Heart Pieces for every character gotten, and all Gold Skulltulas killed + Reward Map Mission cleared with an A Rank. Now I just need to grind for Lv. 4+ 5-star 8-slot weapons for the ones who got theirs on this map, and I'll just have to clear Hero Mode and the final DLC Pack when it comes out... :suicide:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Have you managed to get every skill on a single fairy yet? :v:

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

YggiDee posted:

Have you managed to get every skill on a single fairy yet? :v:

Nope. I am not that crazy.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Man, I'm so far behind. I haven't even finished getting all the level 2 weapons in Legends yet. I still have Young Link to get and the DLC characters, though I've already beat Ganon on the Master Quest map.

Also, I wish there was a better way to manage which fairies you have and some sort of thing that labels the fairies you got as gifts.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I fuckin love train link

Goddamn, just drifting the train right into enemies, it ows, he owns.

What's the deal with the toon zelda ball thing, I know I played through spirit tracks but I don't remember the phantoms turning into balls at all so I must be forgetting it if they do

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I fuckin love train link

Goddamn, just drifting the train right into enemies, it ows, he owns.

What's the deal with the toon zelda ball thing, I know I played through spirit tracks but I don't remember the phantoms turning into balls at all so I must be forgetting it if they do

Spirit Tracks Wrecker Phantom would turn into a ball. Naturally, Zelda could possess them to use their ability.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Fairy Magic is powerful.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Folt The Bolt posted:

Spirit Tracks Wrecker Phantom would turn into a ball. Naturally, Zelda could possess them to use their ability.

Ah ok, thanks! To be honest, as much as I enjoyed spirit tracks and phantom hourglass and their dungeons and puzzles, I find that I can't remember much of either of them or their mechanics. The same goes for basically every zelda game I've played though, so...

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Folt The Bolt posted:

EDIT:

Ugh, what a terrible pun.

Regardless, Toon Zelda really does quite a bit of damage, though she's terrible against Giant Bosses. Sand Wand on the other hand is absolutely awesome against them (and most everything else).

For real. Best thing I've found for her to do is pre-cast a C5 and then repeatedly C4. It's not reliable by any means though.

God drat, that punch, though.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

the copycat missions are great for materials, if you just sit there and let all the copycats succeed.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Getting back into the game and I'm convinced that Links Spinner Lvl 3 quest is actually impossible. If it's not one of the dozen chickens it spawns on you just lightly tapping you it's Impa just jumping out from around the corner swinging wildly.

Great game design.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Getting back into the game and I'm convinced that Links Spinner Lvl 3 quest is actually impossible. If it's not one of the dozen chickens it spawns on you just lightly tapping you it's Impa just jumping out from around the corner swinging wildly.

Great game design.

Get a fairy with the Wall of Water rental skill. It works like Sheik's Serenade of Water.

There's a fairy somewhere on the Master Quest map who can get it, I think, but I forget where she is. I just taught it to one of the fairies I already had. Worked like a charm.

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Great game design.

That mission, thankfully, doesn't have any KO requirements, just damage and time.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Got it, hearing that I didn't have to worry about kills is what got me through it. I just straight up ignored Impa's Fort of Fun.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Is there a way to dismiss fairies without getting new ones? After all the Spotpass my list is rather cluttered with them.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Zant's KO all enemies on the Termina map is bullshit.

That is all.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Zant's KO all enemies on the Termina map is bullshit.

That is all.

Use the tower

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Toon Zelda is cool and fast, but is there anything more to her character than a solid fast/strong attacker? There's no gimmicky bar or anything right? Does her ball mode end up in anything special? She just seems solidly good.

I need to get a better handle of the Sand Rod but it seems like silly fun.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Did the last patch relax the damage requirements for A ranks?

I just went back to the OG adventure map to mop up the last couple of heart containers and I got golds even though I took more than6000 on a Young Link quiz and lost my entire bar on an all hits are devastating.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Mr Phillby posted:

Did the last patch relax the damage requirements for A ranks?

I just went back to the OG adventure map to mop up the last couple of heart containers and I got golds even though I took more than6000 on a Young Link quiz and lost my entire bar on an all hits are devastating.

I really hope so; that would be the one thing to drag me back into this stupid game.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I'm never more miserable than when I'm on a square that forces you to use Agitha

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Agitha's someone I've gotten much better with. I still don't like playing as her, but it's one of her first few combos where it takes you on to the butterfly and you can smash the butterfly down, that one just loops pretty well and I feel like it keeps me out of harm's way well enough while doing a good job of murdering monsters.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

Agitha's someone I've gotten much better with. I still don't like playing as her, but it's one of her first few combos where it takes you on to the butterfly and you can smash the butterfly down, that one just loops pretty well and I feel like it keeps me out of harm's way well enough while doing a good job of murdering monsters.

Half of my problem is that she feels really bad to control. Her moves feel weak and she's slow and clunky.
I dread getting her level 3 weapon

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Also it took me entirely too long to realize that NPC characters never deviate from the same weapons (Lana always uses the tome, Link the sword, Zelda her rapier, etc.) unless it's Master Quest where they use other character weapons

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Also it took me entirely too long to realize that NPC characters never deviate from the same weapons (Lana always uses the tome, Link the sword, Zelda her rapier, etc.) unless it's Master Quest where they use other character weapons

Yeah. Only Impa (Naginata), Linkle in the Link's Awakening pack (Boots), and Toon Link in the Grand Travels pack (Sand Wand), actually use a different weapon that come from their own arsenal.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So how do I get level 3 weapons for Linkle and Young Link and a bunch of other DLC characters who have never found a level 3 weapon versus others who have (wii u)

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Calaveron posted:

So how do I get level 3 weapons for Linkle and Young Link and a bunch of other DLC characters who have never found a level 3 weapon versus others who have (wii u)

Clear a higher-difficulty mission and hope one drops for them.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Whew, the tier list is shaping up nicely. almost done with the Legends base cast, so we are much closer to begin placing Medli and the characters after her on the list.

We've just got a few things to go through now before that though, like whether Tetra might actually have it in her to go up a tier or two because one of the people I've collaborated with have actually found consistent ways to bring her performance up to below average instead of pure garbage.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Is there a good way to bait out Phantom Ganon's weak point? I just lost an A rank because that drat ghost just would NOT play energy vollyball with me.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

He'll only do that the first time(s) (like quarter of his health or so). After that, you need to dodge along and attack from behind. If you already knew that and were talking about the first time(s), the only help I would know of is to use Focus Power and then press X.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

jivjov posted:

Is there a good way to bait out Phantom Ganon's weak point? I just lost an A rank because that drat ghost just would NOT play energy vollyball with me.

Usually before he pulls out the double swords I get him to cooperate by creating a lot of distance and baiting him to use a long range attack. Once he switches to double swords, I just spam unpowered Bombs and that usually pops up his WPG.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Well gently caress. The last couple times I fought him, I played energy volley once, used Focus once, and that was enough to kill him. I had no idea he would switch up his move set.

Thanks for the tips!!

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
It's absolutely bullshit that the Wii U doesn't get the adventure packs but can buy the characters. I feel sort of ripped off that I've got Linkle and such but getting their weapons is extra super random.

I think they did reduce the requirements for a few levels though. Either that or being away from the game for a year has suddenly made me really good. I've done about six levels and got weapons in them that I couldn't even complete before, let alone get A ranks.

It'd be nice if there was some sort of cheat to blast few levels that are blocking you though. There's nothing worse than spending 15 minutes on a level and losing at the last second because the allied base fell or getting a B because you took 15 seconds too long or etc etc. Like I'm basically locked out of the very top left of the Adventure Quest map because there's no way I can do Lana's summoning gate level on my own and my girlfriend isn't good enough at the game to avoid taking damage unfortunately.
I just want to see some other stuff!

There's a link level that ends with fighting gigantic Ganon as well which I can't do and since each time it takes about 15/20 minutes by the end of it I get killed because I totally forget what to use and when on Ganon. Then I have to do it all again, so I just quit.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Has anyone else been paying attention to the Linebeck swap thing? I assumed it was random but now I'm pretty sure each item gives you a specific food back.

Also, is it worth it trying to manage multiple faries, or should I just pick the one with the best clothing options and focus on her?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

YggiDee posted:

Has anyone else been paying attention to the Linebeck swap thing? I assumed it was random but now I'm pretty sure each item gives you a specific food back.

Also, is it worth it trying to manage multiple faries, or should I just pick the one with the best clothing options and focus on her?

Are we even talking about Hyrule Warriors here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The only fairies I bother with are the ones with the Wall of Water skill. I have absolutely no idea how the Linebeck trading works.

• Locked thread