Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Same as before it was like a JV high school athlete ended up in the pro championship because of a clerical error or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

A vision for the future? Trump has great vision, the best vision for the future. It's the kind of vision you can only get from something orange.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
Not a single thing trump said was at all competent. Most of it wasn't intelligible. He stomped his feet like a whiny baby every five minutes and he embodied the worst, slimiest, execrable aspects of his character every second.

It may very well be the worst debate performance in american presidential history, and the media's attempts to equivocate it makes me sick.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Unormal posted:

My big takeaway was Trump's truly heartfelt "She doesn't quit, and she doesn't give up. She's a fighter."

Yeah, that was priceless after weeks of "she's at death's door" and "she doesn't have the stamina."

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Wastid posted:

Mike Rowe?

Mike Rowe should do an episode of Dirty Jobs where he works for Donald Trumps campaign.

"All right Mike time to prep the bull! "

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Wait poo poo he could've scheduled that Tweet.

No but seriously he's still chained to this garbage fire.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
I'm glad republicans are going to stop abandoning him. Better chance to win Senate and House when more really horrific poo poo comes out and they look stupid for not abandoning ship when they had the chance.

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

Overall nothing ground breaking at this debate. Trump looked like he was going to get absolutely railed over his tape at the beginning, but it didn't really go anywhere. Clinton has awful foreign policy so her weaknesses were really drawn out tonight. Her answer on the Goldman Sachs transcripts was terrible as well. I suppose she still "wins" just by virtue of not being a full blown fascist like Trump but I'm not confident that the US public will see it like that, especially after it's run through the US media spin machine.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Chelb posted:

Not a single thing trump said was at all competent. Most of it wasn't intelligible. He stomped his feet like a whiny baby every five minutes and he embodied the worst, slimiest, execrable aspects of his character every second.

It may very well be the worst debate performance in american presidential history, and the media's attempts to equivocate it makes me sick.

They want a horse race so bad that if he were lame, the media would be bringing up FDR

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Chelb posted:

Did you also not watch the debate

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Honestly, I'm fascinated at what the Apprentice footage could be. If him dropping the N-word is the least of it, what the gently caress could it possibly be?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Bashez posted:

That capped off a pretty decent night for Trump. A lot of Trumps win doesn't hold up to scrutiny but I don't think there's going to be too much scrutiny for most people.
And now Kelly-Anne Conway's first action after the debate is to go on MSNBC is to go HEY DID U KNOW THAT BILL CLINTON RAPED JUANITA BROADDRICK?!? to turn the focus all back on to that.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Slowpoke! posted:

The Pussygate tapes don't need any extra air time from Clinton. They will do enough damage in their own, and they're still going to be in the next news cycle post-debate. If she pressed her attack on it too much she would have come across worse for it for the actual undecided voters. The only people who would have loved it were already voting for her anyway.

:agreed:

Social media will do that work for her campaign and it will be better for it.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Axel Serenity posted:

I don't know much about the other moderator aside from her VP debate, but Anderson Cooper is not a man you want to get into a debate with. He's really loving good. I'm honestly surprised he was as subdued as he was.

Overall, Trump did better than expected, but he still said absolutely nothing of value. The only time he had any idea what he was talking about were the tax codes, and even then he started rambling off without much content. The Syria question was a loving joke. "The Secretary of State doesn't know who the rebels are!"

I understand his convictions but he was still very brutal and fired off a lot on Trump and gave Hillary a pass on a lot of the questions. As far as I understand the moderator role is more or less to try to keep the candidates from eating eachother and not fire back and immediately question their responses and try to keep the two of them on track, but I'm not really big on politics enough to know if they're supposed to do that.

But yeah, I mean the moderators trying to take the spotlight themselves and grilling the candidates doesn't seem like their role as seen in this debate but conversely they shouldn't be basically walked over like a substitute teacher in the first debate.

I think the lady (Martha ???) is a long time journalist for ABC?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Straight White Shark posted:

Yeah, I don't have a great feeling about this one. Hillary should have heeded Michelle's advice better--she had some great pieces in there but they're going to be overshadowed by all the pissing matches she let herself get into. This wasn't the time for her to go on the attack; Trump was already lashing out defensively.

Yeah this was it. She went too dirty and it didn't work for her. This was her chance to put her position forward and she was too focused on attacking Trump

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Pence on board still.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

EugeneJ posted:

Did you even watch the debate

Sadly yes, I'd love to say it was a huge win one way or the other but expectations vs. reality turns the scorecard into "He didn't poo poo himself on live tv vs. She looked exactly as competent as everyone thinks she is."

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I think that Trump staunched the bleeding, his base is going to rally about these things, he really got her on the email issue, but I don't think he did enough to reverse the momentum completely, especially with the Trump Tapes still not having affected the polls yet.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Kellyanne Conway on MSNBC w/ Chris Matthews also rechaining herself to the garbage fire.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

EugeneJ posted:

Did you also not watch the debate

lol

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
This debate will not change anyone's minds. It's disappointing that he didn't get drawn and quartered on stage but nothing changed.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
I think it was a close win, but a win for Trump. How it plays out alongside the Access Hollywood tape is another matter.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The real loser of this debate was America.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
still loving sniffling lol

EDIT: huh...

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
lot of ya'll are over analyzing this stuff IMO

but that's just me

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Chomskyan posted:

Overall nothing ground breaking at this debate. Trump looked like he was going to get absolutely railed over his tape at the beginning, but it didn't really go anywhere. Clinton has awful foreign policy so her weaknesses were really drawn out tonight. Her answer on the Goldman Sachs transcripts was terrible as well. I suppose she still "wins" just by virtue of not being a full blown fascist like Trump but I'm not confident that the US public will see it like that, especially after it's run through the US media spin machine.

Which part of her foreign policy answers did you disagree with and why?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Servaetes posted:

I understand his convictions but he was still very brutal and fired off a lot on Trump and gave Hillary a pass on a lot of the questions. As far as I understand the moderator role is more or less to try to keep the candidates from eating eachother and not fire back and immediately question their responses and try to keep the two of them on track, but I'm not really big on politics enough to know if they're supposed to do that.

But yeah, I mean the moderators trying to take the spotlight themselves and grilling the candidates doesn't seem like their role as seen in this debate but conversely they shouldn't be basically walked over like a substitute teacher in the first debate.

I think the lady (Martha ???) is a long time journalist for ABC?
Actually in some of the older debates you can see that part of what the moderator did is directly challenge the candidate. There's a moment from one of the Ford-Carter debates where one of the moderators directly responds to an answer by Gerald Ford with something that was basically "Wait is that seriously your answer?"

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nucleic Acids posted:

I think it was a close win, but a win for Trump. How it plays out alongside the Access Hollywood tape is another matter.

Second debates historically mean jack and/or poo poo

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

"Well that didn't go as bad as I thought" only counts when your nerd son grounds out to first in Little League. Not when you're the RNC.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Republicans are gonna think that Trump won because they are stupid people who have bad opinions but it is still disheartening :(

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush

Nucleic Acids posted:

Saying he beat Clinton in this debate is a real stretch. It'd be more correct to say he survived.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Heavy vetting.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

At no point in that debate - if you want to call it that - could you point to donald trump and say, "These are the words of a competent human being." It was pathetic, it was whiny. Your average eight year old has an equivalent capacity for speaking.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Eifert Posting posted:

This debate will not change anyone's minds. It's disappointing that he didn't get drawn and quartered on stage but nothing changed.

Yeah pretty much, it was stump speeches and the same stuff we've seen in ads and articles and press releases. Nothing new, just people saying stuff. Trump interupted a lot and attacked Hillary. Hillary tried to talk more detailed answers. Nothing new, nothing changed.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Crazy Ted posted:

Actually in some of the older debates you can see that part of what the moderator did is directly challenge the candidate. There's a moment from one of the Ford-Carter where one of the moderators directly responds to an answer by Gerald Ford with something that was basically "Wait is that seriously your answer?"

Ford said there was no Soviet domination of Eastern Europe and the moderator literally couldn't believe it and asked him to repeat himself.

He did.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Eifert Posting posted:

Yeah, this election is WAY over, the only question now is congress.

Only reason I tuned in tonight is because I thought there was a chance that Trump would show us an epic self-immolation. He succeeded in not defecating all over the stage and looked like kinda-sorta a politician though a clear dumbass who spouts word salad which sadly was better than I expected.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Lol CNN guy just said he couldn't believe that the best Trump could say was he was not as bad as ISIS and crowd cheered.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

We, as a human species, deserve the outcome. Whatever it may be. That makes me feel better.

As a Canadian.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I doubt Trump will be able to reverse momentum here. Maaaaaybe he clings on to ~20% chances on poo poo like 538, but he won't gain. I feel there's too much poo poo that's primed to come out that will gently caress him, and all those sound clips of him threatening to arrest Hillary will not be a boon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

Lol CNN guy just said he couldn't believe that the best Trump could say was he was not as bad as ISIS and crowd cheered.

ISIS prefer their women covered

• Locked thread