Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
CNN commentator comparing Trump to African dictators/Stalin/Hilter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

sweet thursday posted:

At least Trump doesn't have any parking tickets...!

I got one because I didn't back into a spot at an apt complex as I didn't see the sign. $80! drat you City of Seattle :argh:

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

This is vile

https://twitter.com/P0TUSTrump/status/785314633825431552

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

MODERATOR: Mr. Trump, how would you do the thing?

TRUMP: I'd do the thing so well, I'd do it better than anyone else. Hillary is bad. Benghazi.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Chelb posted:

Never mind the pretty awful attempts to get the african american and hispanic voting population on his side

which read so much more like dogwhistling than anything else
To be to be fair, for trump the "one drop" rule starts and ends at date rape drugs

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

wa27 posted:

CNN just had a good point that this was up against SNF. That combined with the tape release, I imagine the audience is largely female.

But so was the first debate?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It is so genuinely loving scary to me we have a presidential candidate who is unironically discussing jailing his opponent.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
That could have gone worse for Trump, but not much worse. He didn't literally poo poo himself, but that's about the only metric by which he did really well. He in no way looked presidential or even meaningfully in control of himself. His answers were all over the place and definitely alienated anyone who wasn't already voting for him. His Russia and Syria statements were just :psyduck: af on a lot of levels.

The anti-Muslim stuff isn't going to go over well. His inability to talk about race without talking like every minority lives in the ghetto and making non-stop segways into talking about crime and murder says a lot about how loving backwards his notions on race are.

I doubt his performance even is going to stop R establishment types fleeing his sinking ship. That tape is going to keep working it's magic and smart money is on more atrocious oppo research being released on him all month.

Hillary Hillaried, she was good but not great for the most part. It was smart of her to not attack Trump too hard because she seems aware that if she puts her name behind the attacks, then they get dismissed automatically by all the Clinton haters. Let the media and social media keep tearing Trump apart was indeed the smarter strategy for her.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
The media is currently making a HUGE loving DEAL (correctly but I didn't think they would) about how if Trump wins he'll put his political opponent in jail as if we were some kind of repressive banana republic.

This may be a case where we think its even on debate night, but after the media is done with it after a couple days, it becomes a total disaster for Trump.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

I mean she didn't really answer the question directly but if that's your takeaway from her answer then you have poor cognitive skills so hey

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Northjayhawk posted:

The media is currently making a HUGE loving DEAL (correctly but I didn't think they would) about how if Trump wins he'll put his political opponent in jail as if we were some kind of repressive banana republic.

This may be a case where we think its even on debate night, but after the media is done with it after a couple days, it becomes a total disaster for Trump.

This is exactly the truth. Chuck Todd put it best: the highlights reel of tonight will be disastrous for Trump.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

Your Computer posted:

After the debate, the NRK :norway: stream is now showing a documentary or some other sort of montage of how insane Trump is and his upbringing, what made him so awful.

who cares?

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Dunno how this bears on the debate but :lol:

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/785288400278589440

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

The big media takeaways, bet you a million bucks:

1) Trump threw Pence under the bus
2) Trump threatened to jail Hillary
3) Pussygate is still a thing

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Levitate posted:

I mean she didn't really answer the question directly but if that's your takeaway from her answer then you have poor cognitive skills so hey

If Liberals cared about the environment so much, why do they keep killing trees to make books?

Levitate?

Levitate??

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
"How are you going to fight Islamophobia?"
Trump: "Let me talk about why Islam is such a problem..."

"What are you going to do to address America's energy needs while reducing our reliance on fossil fuels?"
Trump: "We need more coal."

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

And imagine how much worse it would sound without the applause. Why do these things have audiences? The moderators frequently tried to tell the audience to shut up, so why are they even there?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

sweet thursday posted:

If Liberals cared about the environment so much, why do they keep killing trees to make books?

Levitate?

Levitate??

poo poo man you some kind of luddite have you not heard of ebooks

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

That's from the tracker run by - of all people - John Stossel.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
My favorite part was him throwing Pence under the bus.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Your Computer posted:

And imagine how much worse it would sound without the applause. Why do these things have audiences? The moderators frequently tried to tell the audience to shut up, so why are they even there?

I think it's worth with the applause. loving bone chilling.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
I think treating this debate as a wash just because Trump didn't call Hillary a slur, or assault her, or something, is playing into the same goals and attempts of the media to balance the race.

He did a loving terrible job. Period. Full stop! To say that it could've been worse is meaningless to anybody but those interested in making Trump look like he is a legitimate candidate.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Levitate posted:

poo poo man you some kind of luddite have you not heard of ebooks
I know a lot of ebooks. They're great people. They have nothing to do with this argument.

Jul 11, 2003

by astral

Market says he won the debate

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

Levitate posted:

Uh, her answer was an incoherent mess that sloppily transitioned to red-baiting over Russia.

quote:

“I was making the point that it is hard sometimes to get the Congress to do what you want to do and you have to keep working at it,”

What this has to do with being a two faced politician? Nobody knows

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I loved the part about the comment on mosul, where Trumps asks why should we even say why cover it because you might as well be giving your enemy a long warning to run away, and the moderator explaining really quickly why news sources cover it, as a part of psychological warfare and at the same time maybe warning civilians in the area to leave or take cover.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

sweet thursday posted:

I know a lot of ebooks. They're great people. They have nothing to do with this argument.

we have the best ebooks. The best. The best ebooks. Ask anyone, we have the best ebooks and we're going to make them great again.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Chelb posted:

I think treating this debate as a wash just because Trump didn't call Hillary a slur, or assault her, or something, is playing into the same goals and attempts of the media to balance the race.

He did a loving terrible job. Period. Full stop! To say that it could've been worse is meaningless to anybody but those interested in making Trump look like he is a legitimate candidate.
i don't think something awful effects the race outside of the guy who deleted hillary's emails

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Chelb posted:

Yes he objectively did a terrible job, but people are mostly trying to puzzle out how if at all it affects the election.

Going into this, there was a very real perception that a great performance by Hillary and a bad one by Trump could effectively end this on the spot. That clearly didn't happen, so we continue...

Trump's staunched the bleeding in the GOP. He'll ride this out.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

I wonder if this is the moment that you guys will look back after 80 years and say "well yes that was awful and kinda never recovered to our full star spangled glory after that"

because holy gently caress

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Fargin Icehole posted:

I loved the part about the comment on mosul, where Trumps asks why should we even say why cover it because you might as well be giving your enemy a long warning, and the moderating explaining really quickly why news sources cover it.

"How do you respond to the humanitarian crisis in Aleppo?"
"Aleppo is already lost, death and destruction has rained down upon the middle east. gently caress 'em"

He completely cratered when it came to foreign policy.

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Coheed and Camembert posted:

"Aleppo is already lost, death and destruction has rained down upon the middle east. gently caress 'em"

Yeah I liked how his response to Aleppo was "we'll create another Aleppo, in Mosul."

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Second place isn't so bad. Second, silver, do they go by the gold standard anymore? Gold is out. Silver. Sterling Silver, just like Britain. They voted Brexit, I like the Brits.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I can only imagine the 2020 elections where one of the candidates tries to emulate Trump's bombastic commentary and people won't give him the time of day because they know it's just an angle.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also

speng31b posted:

Yes he objectively did a terrible job, but people are mostly trying to puzzle out how if at all it affects the election.

Right. We know he's terrible, but the Trump supporters think those jumbles of word salad are smart. We're just trying to see how it'll be interpreted by the mouth breathers.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Endorph posted:

i don't think something awful effects the race outside of the guy who deleted hillary's emails

wasn't really trying to frame that around SA tbh

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

5436 posted:

Market says he won the debate

How so?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Coheed and Camembert posted:

The only plans he laid out in this campaign, in any amount of detail is economy and immigration. People should know already what his strengths and weakness are at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

speng31b posted:

Going into this, there was a very real perception that a great performance by Hillary and a bad one by Trump could effectively end this on the spot. That clearly didn't happen, so we continue...

Trump's staunched the bleeding in the GOP. He'll ride this out.

I'd like to see what the post-debate polls say first, tbqh. The media's spin on things and the public's perception of things aren't always in lockstep.

• Locked thread