Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
I've been wondering the same thing about whether "Wikileaks" hits. My gut feels like that's going to be a repeat of the Panama Papers market, a small group just "sure" that it'll hit because it seems big online.

I'm also feeling a little bullish on "You're Hired" as YES. Hillary's camp seems to really like their slogan, and if the job market comes up I feel like it'll hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
"Wikileaks" NO at 35c and "Your Hired" YES at 27c both seem like good bets, but I don't know if I feel confident enough in either to actually pull the trigger.

Raivin
Jan 9, 2002
Pillbug
I'm going NO on Wikileaks. I feel like the mods/questioners and Hillary won't dignify Assange by naming him or his organization. Trump is the wild card, but when isn't he?

My CPD2 bets:

China YES
Syria YES
Common Core YES (got in cheap, counting on Trump here)
Podesta NO
Wikileaks NO

Also went negative risk on viewership. I don't have a bead on it and its fluctuated wildly before and after the tapes came out.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm passing, this debate just feels too unpredictable for me to drop money on.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I'm going in on wall street / wikileaks no.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
All I have is Common Core NO

e:

Trash Trick posted:

I'm going in on wall street / wikileaks no.

Why did you change your name?

FourLeaf has issued a correction as of 00:11 on Oct 10, 2016

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
I bought "you're hired" yes, it's the only one I really like and the price is super low in my opinion.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

FourLeaf posted:

e:

Why did you change your name?

There was a name change thread and I thought heck, why not!!

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I got shellacked on Super Tuesday then got insult added to injury on Bernie.NO in MI but I have a credit left on this so gently caress it I'm in on Wiki.NO Hired.YES and Broaddrick.YES because I'm an idiot

also have 500 shares of REP.PREZPRTY16 that I'll probably ride out until the end

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
the swings in the broddrick market in the last hour have been interesting

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
I picked up some wiki.no because the price got better.

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Common Core is moderator or candidate mentions. Doesn't the addition of candidate mentions make it much more likely to be Yes?

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

null posted:

Common Core is moderator or candidate mentions. Doesn't the addition of candidate mentions make it much more likely to be Yes?

Yeah, I'm guessing that's why it made it up to 50 cents for a minute.

But for it to come up, education has to come up, which isn't all that certain. There's a lot of material to cover, and not a ton of time.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

null posted:

Yes... but I don't think they'll get to it. There are so many other topics that will have a greater priority. The Trump tapes. Bill Clinton, apparently. Syria. Black Lives Matter, veterans, immigration, and so on. I could be wrong obviously, but it's a gamble I'm willing to make.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Bought some wall st no at 15c. It's surely more likely than not going to be mentioned, but I'm a sucker for deals.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
everybody loves the underdog

especially compulsive gamblers :shobon:

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

My predictions:

Syria - Yes
Podesta - No
Common Core - No
NAFTA - No

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Wall Street No is basically the "this debate is going to be a total clusterfuck" bet, which honestly seems like a good bet at around 15.

Bets:

NAFTA - No
Syria - Yes
Common Core - No
Wall Street - No
Wikileaks - No
You're Hired - Yes
Broaddrick - Yes

And I didn't bet on it, but Gun Control Yes seemed like a decent buy, especially with 2nd Amendment included, but, I just had a bad feeling at those odds.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
well that's two of the four "special trump women guests" in attendance. thanks for the blue balls, Donnie

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I will laugh if there's no Broaddrick mention despite her actual presence at the drat event.

(Didn't put any money in that one myself.)

Edit: Wikileaks hit.

Vox Nihili has issued a correction as of 02:27 on Oct 10, 2016

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
if you're gonna bet the long shot you better get ready for some disappointment

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
"Syrian" . And a thank you to Donald for rambling into it.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

They said wikileaks. Mother fucker.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Well, drat.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
donnie just basically dropped a "whose man is that?" on his own vice presidential running mate re: russian & syria. what in the world is going on

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
welp I came back to run my balance and i lost on 150 shares of broaddrick guess i should cash out and never touch this again

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

FourLeaf posted:

Hell yeah!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Putin No came through and covered my long shots, up about $50 on the debate.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

FourLeaf posted:

Hell yeah!

I had that one as well. Also had No on the "You're hired" nonsense.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Did Donald say Wall Street? I don't remember it (thought he only said banks and wealthy), but the comments section on PI is saying he did.

And yeah, picking up Common Core NO at 52 is going to be a saving grace. Still can't believe he didn't mention Broaddrick.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
I'm down about fifty tonight, no big deal compared to my othe r losses this week lol.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Did Donald say Wall Street? I don't remember it (thought he only said banks and wealthy), but the comments section on PI is saying he did.

And yeah, picking up Common Core NO at 52 is going to be a saving grace. Still can't believe he didn't mention Broaddrick.

I think he did, but I wasn't certain. It was during a long rant. If he actually didn't I'll be up quite a bit.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

He said wall street. Once. The motherfucker.

Raivin
Jan 9, 2002
Pillbug

Raivin posted:

My CPD2 bets:

China YES
Syria YES
Common Core YES (got in cheap, counting on Trump here)
Podesta NO
Wikileaks NO

Welp! Didn't expect to lose China.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Raivin posted:

Welp! Didn't expect to lose China.

Trump said China ??

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Trash Trick posted:

Trump said China ??

Hillary definitely mentioned China, while bringing up Trump's illegal Chinese steel deals.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Trash Trick posted:

Trump said China ??

Moderators had to mention it for that market, and they didn't. Clinton and Trump both said China many times.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Zeta Taskforce posted:

My predictions:

Syria - Yes
Podesta - No
Common Core - No
NAFTA - No

Looks like I'm 4/4. I didn't bet more than 20 shares on any of them though.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

China was absolutely mentioned in the context of steel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What does the format of the third debate look like?

• Locked thread