Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Herman Merman posted:

See, the thing is that this statement simply isn't true.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_fallacy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Double Bill posted:

Eikös Arhinmäki poseeraa tuossa videossa jonkun Antifa-lipun vieressä? Väkivaltainen äärijärjestö siinä missä SVL:kin.

Vasemmistolainen väkivalta on vaan erilaista

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Rappaport posted:

lmao nice link. Violence from political dissatisfaction is different from violence from political dissatisfaction.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Jesus Christ you people, stop huffing paint fumes. This lame what-aboutism circle jerk has gone long enough.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Rappaport posted:

ahahahaha

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPdtM7_pddo

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Rexroom posted:

Jesus Christ you people, stop huffing paint fumes. This lame what-aboutism circle jerk has gone long enough.

what-aboutism is good when i and other people i agree with use it and bad whenever other people do it

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Fushigi Yuugi fansub posted:

what-aboutism is good when i and other people i agree with use it and bad whenever other people do it

Et sä voi sanoa noin. Jimin puolesta tuli tuhansia ihmisiä osoittamaan mieltään!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

It's bad when the only way you can counter calling nazis literal nazies is to change the subject altogether. That's just bad debating.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
yeah it's bad to point out you are guilty of the same thing you are griping about because it makes you look like a hypocrite.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Herman Merman posted:

See, the thing is that this statement simply isn't true.

Lol. You really think the svl guys assarilla and the drop monger were friends of Olli Immonen? :stonklol:

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
The Arhis thing is roughly equivalent to Rosalynn Carter shaking hands with John Wayne Gacy. It wasn't as if mrs Carter sought out serial killers to shake hands with.

Olli Immonen hangs out with nazis on a regular basis and he's the chairman of a honest-to-god fascist organisation.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Kemper Boyd posted:

The Arhis thing is roughly equivalent to Rosalynn Carter shaking hands with John Wayne Gacy. It wasn't as if mrs Carter sought out serial killers to shake hands with.

Olli Immonen hangs out with nazis on a regular basis and he's the chairman of a honest-to-god fascist organisation.

I sure do believe you have Olli's calendar on hand. I don't even like the guy but people projecting their moral signaling at him is creepy as gently caress.

Anyway there are pictures of me hanging out with super-vassari's, anarchists, radical feminist lesbians, black as night immigrants, devout muslims,TF MPs, writers like Timo Hännikäinen and undoubtdely svl people.

What does that make me?

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Ligur posted:

Lol. You really think the svl guys assarilla and the drop monger were friends of Olli Immonen? :stonklol:

I don't think the dropkick guy has friends in the usual definition of the word, more like people who tolerate him. Immonen def. seems to be one of them. Reminder:

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
I bet all the crazy fascists who showed up at least shook hands with all the other crazy fascists and exchanged some fascist pleasantries, Immonen included.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Herman Merman posted:

I don't think the dropkick guy has friends in the usual definition of the word, more like people who tolerate him. Immonen def. seems to be one of them. Reminder:

No no, Immonen was definitely photobombed by nazies, he wouldn't stand there having his photo taken.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
...wait so Arhinmäki is at fault for not being a magical future-seer and not knowing that this guy would murder someone? Or has the "both sides are the same" mouthbreathing reached a point where posing with a violent criminal nazi (at the moment of the picture) is the same thing as posing with a foreigner?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

DarkCrawler posted:

...wait so Arhinmäki is at fault for not being a magical future-seer and not knowing that this guy would murder someone? Or has the "both sides are the same" mouthbreathing reached a point where posing with a violent criminal nazi (at the moment of the picture) is the same thing as posing with a foreigner?

I don't get it either, but apparently no matter what far-right extremists do, you would be a hypocrite if you don't bring in LA in some way. I don't know why people are using this tu quoque argument, unless they hope to shift the focus out of something. Why would anyone want that? Hmm...

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
IMO there's not much difference between posing with a violent criminal nazi and posing with a violent criminal foreigner

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

IMO there's not much difference between posing with a violent criminal nazi and posing with a violent criminal foreigner

Is there a difference between posing at the memorial site of a murderer (which, by the way, should be demolished if we are seriously against terrorism and political violence) and posing on an anti-violence video, then? Could it even be possible that when you're posing with nazis at a nazi pilgrim site then you're actively taking sides with nazis, whereas if you're acting on an anti-violent and anti-racist music video you're actively siding against violence and racism?

Or is everything the same? Red is blue, up is down, nothing matters?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Nazism is an ideology being a foreigner is not.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Nenonen posted:

Is there a difference between posing at the memorial site of a murderer (which, by the way, should be demolished if we are seriously against terrorism and political violence) and posing on an anti-violence video, then? Could it even be possible that when you're posing with nazis at a nazi pilgrim site then you're actively taking sides with nazis, whereas if you're acting on an anti-violent and anti-racist music video you're actively siding against violence and racism?

Or is everything the same? Red is blue, up is down, nothing matters?

yes, however i was arguing posing with a violent individual and not whatever subtext you want to apply to the given situation.

selvennykseksi: minua ei kiinnosta tunteeko vai eikö Immonen tunne Jimin tappajaa eikä minua kiinnosta tunteeko vai eikö Arhinmäki tunne vanhuksen tappajaa. lähtökohtaisesti esiintyminen samassa yhteydessä jonkun henkilön kanssa on hutera argumentti minkään muun suhteen kuin että henkilö x on esiintynyt samassa yhteydessä henkilön y kanssa. jos pousaa natsien kanssa natsimuistomerkillä, on melko todennäköistä, että pousaaja suhtautuu myönteisesti natseihin, mutta se ei tarkoita automaattisesti, että pousaaja myös tuntee henkilökohtaisesti kaikki samassa yhteydessä esiintyneet henkilöt. sama pätee Arhinmäkeen. huvittavaa on se, miten natsihysteerikot selittelevät Arhinmäen tapausta ja keksivät lieventäviä asianhaaroja, kun oman viitekehyksen henkilön niskaan heitetään samaa lokaa, jota on jo aiemmin heitetty vastapuolen edustajien päälle. karttusen tapaukseen kiteytyy hyvin se, että "älymystö" syyllistyy samaan lähes hurmokselliseen kehäpäättelyyn ja yksinkertaisiin yleistyksiin ym., mitä tyhmät natsitki tekevät, mutta em. tapauksessa se on ok, koska "ne on natseja" ja tokassa ei, koska "ne on natseja". kotiin päin vieminen on tietty perusinhimillistä ja IMO ihan ok, kunhan ei vaan teeskentele muuta.

doverhog posted:

Nazism is an ideology being a foreigner is not.

yes, that is the only difference

Fushigi Yuugi fansub fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Oct 9, 2016

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Except that Arhinmäki had no idea that this person would commit a crime in the future and it was unlikely they were even introduced while Immonen posed with someone he is Facebook friends with, who already had a long criminal record :psyduck:

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

DarkCrawler posted:

Except that Arhinmäki had no idea that this person would commit a crime in the future and it was unlikely they were even introduced while Immonen posed with someone he is Facebook friends with, who already had a long criminal record :psyduck:

true, however being facebook friends with someone doesn't necessarily mean you know them very well

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

true, however being facebook friends with someone doesn't necessarily mean you know them very well

I don't know but I am reasonably certain that most people don't accidentally end up facebook friends with violent criminal nazis who they are also photographed with in a nazi gathering. At the minimum he had to connect the name with a face.

Either way nobody is "inventing mitigating factors" they are saying that in order for the comparison for any way or shape to be valid, Arhinmäki would have to be literal time traveler.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

yes, however i was arguing posing with a violent individual and not whatever subtext you want to apply to the given situation.

Without subtext this:

is as terrible as this:

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ligur posted:

Of course Arhis probably had no idea who most of the people in the video were. Every single person understands this, even those who make sarcastic comments online and in the social media about Paavo being friends with manic muslim killer.

Likewise Immonen had no idea who the gently caress were the people flying banners a the asema and persut had nothing whatever to do with the drop kick monger.

I just can't be quite sure if Oldsmobile, ALLAN (not known for his quick wit) and the rest can understand why it is equally stupid to connect the music video murderer and the multiply convicted kick-dude with any politicians and political parties.

I'm quite sure you don't understand what I'm posting about and think I blame Arhis for the killing or something. Sorry, can't do much to raise your IQ.

quite a damning ad hominem there if you ask me

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Three middle-eastern asylum seekers tried to pull my friends 18 year old sister into a car by force yesterday.

I am eagerly waiting for people who advocate open borders migration and enriching multiculturalism to stand up and lament the negative effects of their policies and reconsider their actions, while organizing a memorial concert and a demonstration on the behalf of the people asylum seekers have assaulted or killed during the past year.

Wait no hahahahaha they won't do that. Yksittäistapaus. Ei saa yleistää. But the nazis and Olli Immonen power metal facebook lyrics on the other hand...

(In advance to the obvious smug reply that "but Ligur you can't know they were asylum seekers", of course we absolutely cannot know, but practically zero citizens of ME or North-Africa arrive here for any other reason than asylum seeking, it's for all purposes and effects certain they were not engineers working for Nokia.)

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

We had a couple Iranian scientists doing their post-docs in the same group as me, I doubt they (or Nokia engineers) would commit assault anyway. Apparently they were very aggressive at sähly though :ohdear:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
I didn't know they're already giving driver's licenses to asylum seekers.

Unless Ligur is making poo poo up - which let's be honest, isn't that far off.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ligur posted:

Three middle-eastern asylum seekers tried to pull my friends 18 year old sister into a car by force yesterday.

I am eagerly waiting for people who advocate open borders migration and enriching multiculturalism to stand up and lament the negative effects of their policies and reconsider their actions, while organizing a memorial concert and a demonstration on the behalf of the people asylum seekers have assaulted or killed during the past year.

Wait no hahahahaha they won't do that. Yksittäistapaus. Ei saa yleistää. But the nazis and Olli Immonen power metal facebook lyrics on the other hand...

(In advance to the obvious smug reply that "but Ligur you can't know they were asylum seekers", of course we absolutely cannot know, but practically zero citizens of ME or North-Africa arrive here for any other reason than asylum seeking, it's for all purposes and effects certain they were not engineers working for Nokia.)

Nah, the obvious reply is that you are making poo poo up, as always, to justify your lovely bigotry. I don't think nobody is going to say that other stuff that nobody here has ever said before, while you are a proven pathological liar and a bullshit artist.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Oct 10, 2016

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Rexroom posted:

Well, you don't drive with your license, now do you! Though where they'd gotten a car from is another question.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Might have very well been asylum seekers who have received residence permits. Like, even migrants who are here based on seeking aslyum can have stuff like "an apartment", a "car", some "money" and other things.

Where I live you see ME and African migrants every day, driving vehicles, gasp. You can also pretty safely bet your money on the fact they originally camet to Finland as either 1) asylum seekers 2) relatives of asylum seekers who have received a residence permit.

Rexroom posted:

Why the gently caress would I make up poo poo for unknown people on the internet. Haven't you been accusing me of this before when something that doesn't fit your world view or you just doesn't simply like comes up?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It is pretty weird how you and your friends/relatives seem to constantly get into trouble with immigrants/refugees in a way that reinforces your beliefs.

Also, people lie on the internet all the time.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
"Why the gently caress would people lie on the internet?!"

- actual person

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Andrast posted:

It is pretty weird how you and your friends/relatives seem to constantly get into trouble with immigrants/refugees in a way that reinforces your beliefs.

I heard that one dog actually did get sick from poisoned meatballs/sausages/whatever once. But I'm still not sure if I believe in crazy dog-poisoners. It's much more likely the owner just poisoned the dog herself (I'm assuming the gender since I can't remember the case that well but I bet I'm right) as well as the sausages.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Andrast posted:

Odd. Care to mention some of theses constant troubles? Seems they forgot to tell me about most of it.

quote:

I'm quite sure they do that when you start reading everything based on the assumption it's a lie because you don't like the person (or have some odd beliefs about him/her) there's something wrong with you. Or that at least would make life quite difficult.

I would understand if I had some sort of history on getting caught lying about events, like, say, Musta Barbaari or Maryam (the poor muslim woman who was attacked by racists, except wasn't) or Bussi-Valtteri's mother but that isn't the case, even though D&D posters have a knack of being unable to see a difference between "caught lying" and "disagreeing with my precious opinion".

edit: hehehehe D&D posters taking the same stance on stuff like that as those Rasmus network freaks do, if someone has a bad experience with migrants it must be either a lie or a conspiracy in which migrants are lured to commit crimes (by malicious racist criminals masterminds of course)

Ligur fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Oct 10, 2016

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I don't really care about whether you lie or not since useless anecdotes (or as you like to call it yksittäistapaukset) don't mean poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Andrast posted:

I don't really care about whether you lie or not since useless anecdotes (or as you like to call it yksittäistapaukset) don't mean poo poo

If the nazis would assault your sister for the act of walking down the street, would it mean a poo poo?