Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

dungeon cousin fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Oct 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Edit: VVV crisis averted! I'll remove it.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Oct 10, 2016

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Mierenneuker posted:

Edit: might as well take the next step since I have Imgur open

Lol, sorry I didn't even see that. The image was broken on my end so I assumed it was the forums have image problems again. I fixed it now.

E: Looks like you beat me to it.

dungeon cousin fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Oct 10, 2016

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
1) idgi
2) when I tried checking it the old-fashioned way, apparently I got cookied somewhere and when I loaded the page, it displayed the hotlinking error image on the actual site itself :downs:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

People really want Litten's final evolution to be a quadruped creature instead of it standing on two legs like all the previous fire starters. However, this Litten is using the weights that are keeping it down to exercise which eventually might give it a muscular wrestler/circus strongmon physique (like the leaked concept art of the final evolution that is floating online).

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Oct 10, 2016

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
People are irrationally concerned that if Litten's final form is on two legs it's going to be another Fire/Fighting type, is I think the main concern.

I think it's stupid myself, the design could hardly be more Fire/Dark if it tried.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

luxray is elec/dark and look how that turned out

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Redeye Flight posted:

People are irrationally concerned that if Litten's final form is on two legs it's going to be another Fire/Fighting type, is I think the main concern.

I think it's stupid myself, the design could hardly be more Fire/Dark if it tried.

It's hardly irrational when Emboar had the same aggressively Fire/Dark design but still ended up Fire/Fighting.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I don't care anymore if the cat is Fire/Fighting. He's a cool looking cat.

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

It's hardly irrational when Emboar had the same aggressively Fire/Dark design but still ended up Fire/Fighting.

People thought that?

So are we just guessing they're dark because they've got black in their color set?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Golden Goat posted:

People thought that?

So are we just guessing they're dark because they've got black in their color set?

The only justification for any Dark-type.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Okay so the cat's Fire/Fighting considering all the signs so far.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Alxprit posted:

The only justification for any Dark-type.

There are tons of dark types with little to no black in their designs;

Tyranitar, Sableye, Scrafty, Sharpedo, Absol, Skuntank, Liepard... etc.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
It will be fire/fighting again (and remain so forever) because it saves GF the effort of creating new fire types. Also whatever new typing is created will automatically be super effective against bugs because they're truly a bunch of assholes.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I finally got around to watching the new generations episodes and I thought they were both great. Silver was good, and so was Eusine. The Suicune episode especially was good, I liked how they handled the legend of the 3 beasts, who are now 100% confirmed to be dogs, as if there was any doubt.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

At least Fire/Fighting is a good type combo at the end of the day

But please be Fire/Dark or Fire/Ground, lucha-cat

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

mabels big day posted:

I finally got around to watching the new generations episodes and I thought they were both great. Silver was good, and so was Eusine. The Suicune episode especially was good, I liked how they handled the legend of the 3 beasts, who are now 100% confirmed to be dogs, as if there was any doubt.

I don't really see dog so much as malnourished bear.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

bears... beasts... dogs... i just think it was nice of ho-oh to turn them into cats. definitely a step up

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Golden Goat posted:

Okay so the cat's Fire/Fighting considering all the signs so far.

Pokemon-sunmoon.com posted:

Torracat has a great love for battle and will attack so relentlessly that its opponents lose the will to fight. And yet it sometimes behaves like spoiled child in front of Trainers or Pokémon with whom it has built a relationship of trust.

This cat is a Fire/Dark wrestling heel and anyone worried about another Fire/Fighting needs to be indoctrinated with several hours of NXT and Lucha Underground.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

This cat is a Fire/Dark wrestling heel and anyone worried about another Fire/Fighting needs to be indoctrinated with several hours of NXT and Lucha Underground.

Hrmmm

Pokemon-sunmoon.com posted:

The cat punch that this Pokémon can dish out with its strong forelegs is extremely powerful. It can bend iron bars and knock out large men with a single blow!

Golden Goat fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Oct 10, 2016

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It's going to be pure Fire and everyone will be confused

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

it's gonna be fire/electric and everyone will be REALLY confused

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I want it and Hawlucha in a cage match on November 19th.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oddium posted:

luxray is elec/dark and look how that turned out

no it isn't, it's pure electric. pokemaster status revoked

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Brionne is just so happy to be here.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Did we ever find out what secret was shared with the starters and the rock dog?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't think so but right now the only thing we know about the dog is that it has 2 evolutions, so I guess it could be that?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Countblanc posted:

they're all actually fighting types

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Countblanc posted:

They all used to be dogs before Ho-oh hosed it all up.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Geostomp posted:

From now on, Luchacat WRESTLES FOR DARIO!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

no it isn't, it's pure electric. pokemaster status revoked

don't ruin my joke

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Dexie posted:

From now on, Luchacat WRESTLES FOR DARIO!

I still haven't finished the season, but Luchacat's Dark Master is totally Crobat the commentator, right?

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...

Geostomp posted:

Hawlucha and pikachu libre vs machamp and wrestlecat in a hell in the cell slobberknocker.

Overemotional Robot fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 10, 2016

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I still haven't finished the season, but Luchacat's Dark Master is totally Crobat the commentator, right?

Basically, yeah.

I need to start on season 2 myself.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Dexie posted:

Basically, yeah.

I need to start on season 2 myself.

Knew it. Can't wait for the reveal that The Pokemon Called Aggron is an actual Steel type like his intro says.

They should do aggressive promotions for SM, literally have Beltigre join New Japan. Just a guy in red and black bodypaint/costume with Beltigre's face as a mask.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-research-thread.3519780/
Man. I forgot how thorough the datamining was for the ORAS demo. Day 1 and every trainer encounter in the game was posted. The conditions for Primal Groudon/Kyogre were found and they were figuring out how Mega Rayquaza worked, plus having base stats for all the Megas. Better get ready to avoid spoilers.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Oct 10, 2016

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jarogue posted:

Brionne is just so happy to be here.

Hell so am I.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Knew it. Can't wait for the reveal that The Pokemon Called Aggron is an actual Steel type like his intro says.

They should do aggressive promotions for SM, literally have Beltigre join New Japan. Just a guy in red and black bodypaint/costume with Beltigre's face as a mask.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-research-thread.3519780/
Man. I forgot how thorough the datamining was for the ORAS demo. Day 1 and every trainer encounter in the game was posted. The conditions for Primal Groudon/Kyogre were found and they were figuring out how Mega Rayquaza worked, plus having base stats for all the Megas. Better get ready to avoid spoilers.

I'm ready, to read the spoilers and post about them.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
why the hell would i avoid spoilers for a children's video game

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

finding pokemon i've never heard of and seeing what they evolve into is fun and i only get to do it once in a generation

i think this is the first time since gen 1 that i know what the starters' final forms look like before the game is out

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I really like litten and its middle stage. but i hate that final stage that is around the internet.

Weirdly Popplio didn't grab me and yet Brionne is a good design

Rowlet and Dartrix are both extremely good.

At the end of the day the game will have been out in the US for a week before I get to play it (Nintendo why), so I'll know exactly what they all evolve into before choosing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Ruggington posted:

they're all actually fighting types
This is true for all pokemon.

Except those who prefer contests/musicals over pokemon battles