Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Barry "becomes" him when he returns to the Present.

Don't try to overthink time travel stories. Therein lies madness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
No, because that other time he time traveled there was the other Barry he had to knock out.

Barry probably just vibrated his hand through Barry's chest.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

pee out my butt posted:

No, because that other time he time traveled there was the other Barry he had to knock out.

that wasn't time travel, that was to a different earth or whatever

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

BSam posted:

that wasn't time travel, that was to a different earth or whatever

This was when he time-traveled back to get the secret of going even faster from Cavanagh.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What's the deal with Cavanaugh by the way? Is he in this season? I was kind of hoping we'd get an alive earth 1 Cavanaugh that Barry never killed. Excuse me, that Thawne never killed. Freudian slip.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

greatn posted:

What's the deal with Cavanaugh by the way? Is he in this season? I was kind of hoping we'd get an alive earth 1 Cavanaugh that Barry never killed. Excuse me, that Thawne never killed. Freudian slip.

They'll hand wave it somehow, but he's confirmed to be back. Probably the non-Thawne Wells which will be a new take.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I like Cavanaugh but it kinda sucks that he essentially has a different character every season.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

irlZaphod posted:

I like Cavanaugh but it kinda sucks that he essentially has a different character every season.

To hear Cavanaugh tell it, he actually really digs getting to put new spins on the same guy each year. Probably fun as an actor.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Cavanagh returns. He's in a promo, and I'm pretty sure he's back as Earth 2 Wells. :ssh:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It would be so great if in the new timeline Cavanaugh plays Earth 1 actual Wells.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Maybe actual Wells is a happy and upbeat fellow!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

greatn posted:

He's still around as a series regular and he's posted pictures of himself on set to social media. They'll probably come up with some reason for him to show up again for most of the season.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

ApeHawk posted:

Maybe actual Wells is a happy and upbeat fellow!

I'd prefer this version to be a strung out heroin junkie.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Cavanagh is in the trailer for the next episode.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Also, from episode synopses up through ep 3: Jesse has super speed and has been crime fighting; Barry becomes her mentor and as of ep 3 is training her.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Guy A. Person posted:

Also, from episode synopses up through ep 3: Jesse has super speed and has been crime fighting; Barry becomes her mentor and as of ep 3 is training her.

That's a shame because I think she could've been a great hero if the fiendish Barry Hitler hadn't gotten his hands on her first.

But seriously, will Barry betray her because he assumes that's what super-speed mentors are supposed to do?

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Wheat Loaf posted:

That's a shame because I think she could've been a great hero if the fiendish Barry Hitler hadn't gotten his hands on her first.

But seriously, will Barry betray her because he assumes that's what super-speed mentors are supposed to do?

No, he'll just kill her. Then, guilt-ridden, he will go back in time to when his mother di...

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

ShortLeroy posted:

Barry goes back to the night his Mum was killed. Around also were Henry and kid Barry. Barry stops Reverse Flash and saves his Mum's life. Barry takes Reverse Flash back to his present day and locks him up. But for all those years in between Henry, Nora and kid Barry would have been living happily together. So what happened to that Barry who got to grow up with having both his parents around?

That's what I thought too, but couldn't be arsed to write it out.
Barry effectively took over the life of the other Barry, but had his original Barry memories. With all the things that would have been different there is no way he would have been able to carry that off for 3 months - he lasted less than a day in Earth 2 before he got found out

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

This was when he time-traveled back to get the secret of going even faster from Cavanagh.

Oh yeah I forgot about that one.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Mr Beens posted:

That's what I thought too, but couldn't be arsed to write it out.
Barry effectively took over the life of the other Barry, but had his original Barry memories. With all the things that would have been different there is no way he would have been able to carry that off for 3 months - he lasted less than a day in Earth 2 before he got found out

He also wasn't a nerdy loner in E2 though.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Ok this actually looks better than what we got on screen. https://www.instagram.com/p/BLRk3Ckh8fj/

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Scyantific posted:

Ok this actually looks better than what we got on screen. https://www.instagram.com/p/BLRk3Ckh8fj/

I'm guessing the response was along the lined of "That looks great, but we have a CW budget, not Marvel."

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

That even looks more derivative of what they did with Zoom to me, to be honest.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Scyantific posted:

Looks like a new Mortal Kombat character.

Nothing But Hate
Oct 7, 2006
When night falls, she covers the world, in impenetrable darkness

ShortLeroy posted:

Barry goes back to the night his Mum was killed. Around also were Henry and kid Barry. Barry stops Reverse Flash and saves his Mum's life. Barry takes Reverse Flash back to his present day and locks him up. But for all those years in between Henry, Nora and kid Barry would have been living happily together. So what happened to that Barry who got to grow up with having both his parents around?

Maybe he was the time remnant that died fighting Zoom

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

irlZaphod posted:

No. We need more Wells. More.

Earth-3 isn't doing much right now that isn't Supes related, just ship one of those over. Couple of timeline remnants, too, if you got 'em.

I want STAR Labs staffed by nothing but Harrison Wells.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Chokes McGee posted:

No. We need more Wells. More.

Earth-3 isn't doing much right now that isn't Supes related, just ship one of those over. Couple of timeline remnants, too, if you got 'em.

I want STAR Labs staffed by nothing but Harrison Wells.

Crisis on Infinite Wells

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Pyroi posted:

Crisis on Infinite Wells

I don't have the photoshop ability for it so pretend I posted a Wells holding up another Wells and crying

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

GO AWAY FELICITY

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
See Barry, stop messing with time.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

That little "oh nooooo" from Felicity after all her papers blew away was hilarious

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Dammit Barry tell people what the hell is going on so that they don't think you're rude as gently caress

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Barry just can't breaking things. Timelines, people, laws, ethical and personal boundaries...

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Zebulon posted:

Barry just can't breaking things. Timelines, people, laws, ethical and personal boundaries...

Hearts

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Pyroi posted:

Dammit Barry tell people what the hell is going on so that they don't think you're rude as gently caress

I mean I get not being like "hey I accidentally hosed with all your lives!" wouldn't be the best thing to do, but yeah he does need to tell at least someone to get the basic details of his life under control

edit: ohhhhhhhh this sucks :smith:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Barry broke Cisco :smith:

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

howe_sam posted:

Barry broke Cisco :smith:

Barry broke loving everything. Including somehow dig's kid.

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Oct 12, 2016

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Pyroi posted:

Felicity agrees.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Oh my god Barry you hosed up one of the Arrow's friends

BARRY ALLEN!

YOU HAVE FAILED THIS TIMELINE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

"I ruined all of their lives"

No, Barry, they've only ever known the lives that they have. You just screwed up your idea of them. Just deal with it and move on.

• Locked thread