Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Sky Shadowing posted:

I think Hillary should bring Bernie to the next debate and the first time Trump brings up that Bernie got screwed she should just turn, ask Bernie who he will be voting for, have Bernie stand up and frantically point at Hillary, then stand back as Trump takes the bait and attacks Bernie.

I'm still laughing at the fact that Trump said, in the same breath, that single-payer systems were horrible and that Bernie said Hillary had "bad judgment" :ironicat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
I would imagine Ken Bone's thought process goes as follows,

"Well Clinton's composure and well thought out answers signify she would be a wonderful president. Trump's grabbing of all the pussy's represents the way me and the boys down at the lodge talk on the weekends. I'm so torn!"

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

So they roke the rules, and in a way that would've been negative for Clinton instead of Trump? I'm sure all the people crying about the moderators being mean to Trump will certainly pay attention to this. :downs:

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Spiritus Nox posted:

...I think Ken Bone's fuckin' dumb

undecideds, bless their hearts

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Her running a bad campaign doesn't really have anything to do with my personal feelings about her. I still want her to win and bring alot of down ballot dems with her.

So if she wins, you'll still claim she ran an objectively bad campaign right?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Pastrymancy posted:

I'm still laughing at the fact that Trump said, in the same breath, that single-payer systems were horrible and that Bernie said Hillary had "bad judgment" :ironicat:

I don't know who the trolling of Bernie supporters is supposed to appeal to...

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

mcmagic posted:

Her running a bad campaign doesn't really have anything to do with my personal feelings about her. I still want her to win and bring alot of down ballot dems with her.

How on God's Earth could you think she's running a bad campaign when she is currently in the process of demolishing Trump and in fact the entire Republican party?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

remusclaw posted:

I am starting to wonder whether Trump is some kind of manifestation of an ancient curse placed on the Bush family

Aw gee, couldn'ta happened to a nicer family.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Pakled posted:

His question was definitely one of Hillary's better answers. I don't know if he, as Hillary assumed, is heavily involved with or particularly knowledgeable about the energy industry, but Trump's answer was one of his worst of the night to anyone with even a cursory understanding of the issue.

Any Bernie or Bust millennial who can honestly vote for Trump after his "we have enough coal to burn for the next thousand years" comment should just do us all a favour and float away on an ice floe because going from the "climate change is real and we should do something about it" candidate to the "burn all the coal even if there are more efficient fuels just because" candidate is the stupidest thing you could possible do.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Trabisnikof posted:

Yes. Winning isn't the only metric of how well a campaign is run... Most elections are decided based on structural factors anyway.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

trash person posted:

"Well Clinton's composure and well thought out answers signify she would be a wonderful president. Trump's grabbing of all the pussy's represents the way me and the boys down at the lodge talk on the weekends. I'm so torn!"

The only difference is that when Ken Bone grabs a handful of puss the lady always wants it and wants it bad

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

lozzle posted:

How on God's Earth could you think she's running a bad campaign when she is currently in the process of demolishing Trump and in fact the entire Republican party?

Trump is demolishing himself. I see no evidence that the party is demolished.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

mcmagic posted:

Yes. Winning isn't the only metric of how well a campaign is run... Most elections are decided based on structural factors anyway.
She's pinning Trump and the GOP to a wall, and the GOP is about one more opp dump away from tearing itself apart.

EDIT:
If you don't see that you aren't paying attention. The GOP is literally factionalizing into pro-Trump and anti-Trump right now.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

mcmagic posted:

I just want to admire this post a little wow.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

mcmagic posted:

Trump is demolishing himself. I see no evidence that the party is demolished.

You must be typing on one of those speech to text keyboard then

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

???

i mean the response here is so obvious i don't know why you bothered asking.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Ken Bone is that undecided voter in that SNL skit who asked "If you burp, fart and sneeze at the same time, will you die?"

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

trash person posted:

don't you say that about Ken Bone he is a beautiful man that would never hurt anyone

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

lozzle posted:

I personally wouldn't say she's running a bad campaign, but can't exactly conduct a masterclass in political strategy when you're running against the worst candidate in modern American history.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

lozzle posted:

mcmagic posted:

As I said before:

Trabisnikof posted:

When you think about it, to beat Trump it Clinton can't just win on election night, she needs to woo white men too.

If white men don't like her, nothing else matters. Just like Obama.

I calls them likes I sees them. You're the real racist and sexist, etc.

If Clinton fails to win the white male vote, all her other achievements doesn't matter. Doesn't matter what % of women or minorities vote for her if she loses white men she really lost the election in the one metric that matters.

She's going to win the majority of women and minority voters but that won't be good enough until she wins white men too.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

lozzle posted:

She's running a very competent and boring campaign. Most of Trump's damage is self-inflicted. She baited him and he took it.

Obama in 2008, Reagan in 1984, and Clinton in 1992 all ran very good campaigns.

Bush in 2004 ran a very competent and boring campaign and he won. Her campaign is fine, but not steller.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

sarmhan posted:

She's pinning Trump and the GOP to a wall, and the GOP is about one more opp dump away from tearing itself apart.

EDIT:
If you don't see that you aren't paying attention. The GOP is literally factionalizing into pro-Trump and anti-Trump right now.

It might be having some in fighting around Trump and looking dumb in a few news cycles but I don't see any long term electoral damage happening to them. I hope I'm wrong.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

mcmagic posted:

It might be having some in fighting around Trump and looking dumb in a few news cycles but I don't see any long term electoral damage happening to them. I hope I'm wrong.
They're debating entering open war with their own base.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

lozzle posted:

I think you could hope for better margins than clinton is putting up, given an opponent as historically terrible as Trump

that said, I don't think the clinton campaign has been ~bad as such - they've done a decent job of making sure that clinton's many flaws (which she had going in) don't dominate many news-cycles, and seem to've brought most bernie voters into line.

A safe, blandly competent enterprise.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Clinton may get more votes or electoral college votes than Obama, but ran a bad campaign because of unfavorables with whites, why is this so hard to understand?

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

mcmagic posted:

Mike Crapo of Idaho unendorsed Trump. Mike. loving. Crapo.

In 04 dude came to my HS and spent 30min whining about liberals.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Trabisnikof posted:

Clinton may get more votes or electoral college votes than Obama, but ran a bad campaign because of unfavorables with whites, why is this so hard to understand?

This isn't a serious post right?

I'm sorry i just can't tell anymore :(

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

^
It certainly seems to be the metric of success many are using itt

PupsOfWar posted:

I think you could hope for better margins than clinton is putting up, given an opponent as historically terrible as Trump

that said, I don't think the clinton campaign has been ~bad as such - they've done a decent job of making sure that clinton's many flaws (which she had going in) don't dominate many news-cycles, and seem to've brought most bernie voters into line.

Exactly! She might have record margins with women and minorities, but her margins with white men suck which is why she failed in campaigning.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Keikaku Doori

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Didn't Obama lose white men twice and still win?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

The mirror makes it look like he shrunk into a box, pre-corn cob transformation.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

sarmhan posted:

They're debating entering open war with their own base.

What does that mean?

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

Mike Crapo of Idaho unendorsed Trump. Mike. loving. Crapo.

I still don't understand this. He literally cannot lose whether he endorses Trump or not.

Does he have aspirations for higher political office? Does he actually have principles? (that was a joke, he is a Republican)

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

remusclaw posted:

Hey, don't be like that, they give the side that lost a convenient excuse for failure that doesn't involve having to look at themselves in a mirror and reassess what brought them there.

What is it on a psychological level that makes people incapable of admitting fault or real soul-searching and then taking action to change course? Is it neuroticism? A psychological disorder? Mental illness?

I honestly think it's a great thing to be humble and recognize your mistakes; because even though you may feel wounded emotionally by swallowing your pride in the immediate moment, you come out of whatever lovely situation you've had going in life and turned it around to ultimately become a happier, healthier, and stronger person in the long-run as you continuously build yourself as an on-going construction project.

I mean, poo poo, are people that much of cowards and/or lazy assholes that they're too afraid to do the hard work of introspection or what?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

As I said before:

If Clinton fails to win the white male vote, all her other achievements doesn't matter. Doesn't matter what % of women or minorities vote for her if she loses white men she really lost the election in the one metric that matters.

She's going to win the majority of women and minority voters but that won't be good enough until she wins white men too.
All the polls show her in the lead, so she must be winning enough white men.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

lozzle posted:

I still don't understand this. He literally cannot lose whether he endorses Trump or not.

Does he have aspirations for higher political office? Does he actually have principles? (that was a joke, he is a Republican)

The latter is still possible. Especially if he's safe anyway.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Two things:
I'm actually surprisingly chill with that "broken the rules of the online questions" in regards to the wikileaks one. It was too recent and buried by the video, so it wouldn't have time to get up to the top of the list, even with 4chan and r/the_donald boosting it. Maybe I'm weird.

Thing 2:
https://twitter.com/christadubill/status/785326662879698945

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

All the polls show her in the lead, so she must be winning enough white men.

When have we ever judged elections by the victor :v:

(Although to buck my point, Gore won 2000)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

mcmagic posted:

What does that mean?

Their base wants them to stick with Trump. They're considering abandoning him anyway, or at least shifting all support from him to keeping the Senate and such. Some have already denounced him and received condemnation and occasionally threats for doing so.

If they unendorse, a sizable portion of the base rebels. But if they don't, they get dragged down with Trump.

• Locked thread