Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

hcreight posted:

Ken was one of the people she went out of her way to personalize her response for, IIRC.

She did, she was like "I'm guessing you're in the industry?" or something similar. Small touch, but definitely one that helped show she wants to connect with people personally. Ken Bone was possibly the only person in the audience to ask something approaching a substantive question, as it actually encompassed numerous factors in energy policy rather than just being some "COAL GOOD? COAL BAD?" idiocy, so that probably clued her in as well. Probably one of those STEM types who is really smart in his field and not so much outside of it, but he's clearly one goony motherfucker, so I can't bring myself to scorn him. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Endorph posted:

of course he's from st. louis

Well, yes. They said at the top of the debate that the audience was undecided voters from the St. Louis area.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Crowsbeak posted:

Wasn't that DWS's strategy in 2014?

DWS was a poo poo DNC chair and I am glad we got rid of her.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Crowsbeak posted:

Yeah, and it worked great. Plus, that was in a case where it wouldn't be interpreted as an attack by the party.

Like, to Trump and the Base, anything less than full lockstep support looks like a backstab and Trump is going to lash out.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

imho its kinda bad that the groping tape came out just in time to overshadow, say, trump's fanatical desire to lynch several already-exonerated black teens, which was re-entering the public eye

but I'm sure the clinton campaign is glad for it, there being more room to gain among white women than among any of the other demographics trump has spewed hate-speech against

Night10194 posted:

As poo poo as Kaisch is on a lot of things, he has my actual respect for always refusing to get on the Fascism Train.

I'd never vote for him, and I think he'd be a poo poo president, but he deserves to be congratulated for having the courage not to jump into that shitpile.

I dunno about courage

more a pragmatic "hell, Trump ain't gonna win this thing and we still want to try and exist as a party afterwards. People will want to rally to the people who were voices of reason during this weird time...maybe me?"

JacobinPhoney
Mar 21, 2013

Trabisnikof posted:

Clinton may get more votes or electoral college votes than Obama, but ran a bad campaign because of unfavorables with whites, why is this so hard to understand?

The white man's era of dominance in American politics is quickly coming to an end. This was the last election they had a chance to win as a single bloc. It's over for them. good riddance.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Crowsbeak posted:

I remember when a bunch of Congressional Dems decided that untying themselves from Obama was a cool plan and got bit in the rear end at the polls.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Roland Jones posted:

That's enough time to kill gerrymandering, the filibuster, and other things. And once those are out of the way...

Wouldn't killing gerrymandering require either a Constitutional amendment or a Supreme Court decision?

Supreme Court's probably achievable but I'm not so sure about an amendment.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Have I missed anything non-Trump-related in the past 24 hours?

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Ken Bone

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You know I think Ken Bone is dumb but I like him, he's like the opposite of Joe the Plumber

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Night10194 posted:

As poo poo as Kaisch is on a lot of things, he has my actual respect for always refusing to get on the Fascism Train.

I'd never vote for him, and I think he'd be a poo poo president, but he deserves to be congratulated for having the courage not to jump into that shitpile.

WampaLord posted:

Yea, but he's not gonna be crazy enough to win the 2020 primary.

:agreed:

The one non Trump thing I remember from the GOP primaried is that Kasich was the only person who actually seemed to have compassion for others.

Though, in the GOP that isnt a difficult list to get to the top of

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud

I mean, he's right. They're 100% self-righteous hypocrites. Politifact rates this: True

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Noam Chomsky posted:

Super vitriolic reaction to my post as predicted.

Sorry, I only watched a bit of the video and I thought she was saying she tried to ask Clinton a question, and was wondering why Clinton perpetuated sexual assault. I also thought the OP said /r/the_donald and 4chan were boosting the video.

I guess misinterpreting a video is indicative of me being a horrible monster who hates all sexual assault victims and thinks they're all lying fakers. It doesn't take much to make you people absolutely freak out.

:laffo: Dude you posted the exact opposite of the content of the video, just admit you were wrong and move on, don't try to blame the thread for calling you out.

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Huzanko fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Oct 10, 2016

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

freckle posted:

Ken Bone

greatn posted:

You know I think Ken Bone is dumb but I like him, he's like the opposite of Joe the Plumber

Who or what is Ken Bone?

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Noam Chomsky posted:

Sorry, I only watched a bit of the video and I thought she was saying she tried to ask Clinton a question, and was wondering why Clinton perpetuated sexual assault. I also thought the OP said /r/the_donald and 4chan were boosting the video.

I guess misinterpreting a video is indicative of me being a horrible monster who hates all sexual assault victims and thinks they're all lying fakers. It doesn't take much to make you people absolutely freak out.

So what you're saying is, the moderation is too biased against you, it's ten-on-one, and you didn't get enough time to consider the video? :allears:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Noam Chomsky posted:

I'm pretty sure you did not watch the video because she's very clearly talking about Trump's sexual assault, not Bill's.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Who or what is Ken Bone?

Ken Bone is America.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Who or what is Ken Bone?

Look in the mirror

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Of course Kaisch is a piece of poo poo, but I'll have a sliver of respect for a piece of poo poo who is smart or brave enough not to endorse an actual fascist, on that one subject.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

DICKS FOR DINNER posted:

I mean, he's right. They're 100% self-righteous hypocrites. Politifact rates this: True

This is politifact you're taking about. They probably rate it "somewhat true".

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Noam Chomsky posted:

Yo dude you hosed up real bad learn to take a loss.
Be more like Ken Bone, that man's been taking losses all his life and he still brings joy to all around him.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Who or what is Ken Bone?

Ken Bone is civilization.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/785489769929273344

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Random thought out of nowhere, but where the gently caress is Sarah Palin? I figured she'd be offering her unique bit of word salad to anybody who'd listen right now and I can't remember the last time I've seen her on TV. Maybe that awkward appearance where she endorsed Trump?

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Who or what is Ken Bone?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Noam Chomsky posted:

"wow all i did was completely misinterpret a video and in the process accuse a sexual assault survivor of faking an emotional reaction, it doesn't take much to make you people freak out huh"

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Who or what is Ken Bone?

The hero we need, but not the one we deserve.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
If Trump explicitly tells his followers to withhold votes from downballot Republicans, what are the odds that he follows that up by organizing his own party?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Noam Chomsky posted:

Maybe if you only watched part of the video, and weren't even sure of what was happening, you should have asked questions rather than authoritatively stating a bunch of poo poo that was obviously wrong to literally every other human being who used their senses of hearing and sight on the video? :shrug:

That seems like a better approach going forward.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Who or what is Ken Bone?

A portly, balding, undecided voter who split his pants and asked the only substantive question of the debate

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Noam Chomsky posted:

Kasich's compassion is all faked to appear moderate. He's a piece of poo poo and a Koch boy. Source: I live in Ohio.

I stand corrected. I based most of my conclusions around him actuallu accepting federal money and using it to actually fund addictiom recovery. Its probably also true he is a huge pos on most other issues.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Samsung's not selling their exploding phones anymore, Hackers "disrupted" a nuclear plant a couple of years ago but didn't shut it down, Theresa May is banning Apple watches from cabinet meetings because she's afraid of Russians

Not really USPol stuff but that's about it anyway

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Flip Yr Wig posted:

If Trump explicitly tells his followers to withhold votes from downballot Republicans, what are the odds that he follows that up by organizing his own party?

Splintering off of the Republican Party can't go wrong.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Flip Yr Wig posted:

I have to think that this campaign's been too damaging to Trump's finances, ego, and health for him to want to do it again in four years.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Noam Chomsky posted:

Yeah, turns out when your hot take is wrong on every count people don't like it. Sorry your initial reaction to a sexual assault survivor is to gauge how genuine their sobs sound.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

davecrazy posted:

Random thought out of nowhere, but where the gently caress is Sarah Palin? I figured she'd be offering her unique bit of word salad to anybody who'd listen right now and I can't remember the last time I've seen her on TV. Maybe that awkward appearance where she endorsed Trump?

I'm sure someone else can offer a better answer but I believe she's like sort of like Benji in The Sound in the Fury, i.e. the retard that the family wants to hide

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

SweetAsselin posted:

The white man's era of dominance in American politics is quickly coming to an end. This was the last election they had a chance to win as a single bloc. It's over for them. good riddance.

Let's actually see some wins and progress before we start patting each other on the back, imo

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Dammit, now I'm going to spend all day trying to come up with a pun somehow combining grabbing pussy and bull mooses. Or possibly Know-Nothings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
My favorite is that guy seems to think Hilary would be using a random public restroom alone with another person.

• Locked thread