Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Sillybones posted:

That's the key, I think.

I am playing a tornado/cold shot archer thing. I want something to distract harder enemies so I can drop some deeps. I have ~100 str and int to work with. Any ideas?

Have you heard about our Lord and Savior Decoy Totem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

whypick1 posted:

Have you heard about our Lord and Savior Decoy Totem?

Tends to die before the cast animation finishes. Too low strength to get it high level, maybe. Can I buff it elsewise?

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Get word of reflection on gloves. I have no real problems now.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012

Sillybones posted:

That's the key, I think.

I am playing a tornado/cold shot archer thing. I want something to distract harder enemies so I can drop some deeps. I have ~100 str and int to work with. Any ideas?

The same thing that is the answer to every single problem in the game.

Decoy.
Totem.

Just get some placement speed mods in the passive tree, or some jewels with +totem health or resistances and it should do fine.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
poo poo, I'm playing with four offensive totems and still use decoy totem.

They loving ignore the other ones.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Stupid question, how would Bloodlust support interact with Kondos Pride "bleed on crit"?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Bloodlust means the supported skill cannot bleed ever. I linked it to eq and old voidheart didn't make it bleed

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Mince Pieface posted:

Welp, completely bombed my first phoenix fight. Way harder than I expected, considering I breezed through Core. SO MUCH LIFE.

Stay out of those vent holes since the poo poo that spawns from them hurts you before their graphics are up.

Sillybones posted:

Tends to die before the cast animation finishes. Too low strength to get it high level, maybe. Can I buff it elsewise?

Minion and totem elemental resistance support?

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

quality on decoy is also 1:1 for totem life

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Mince Pieface posted:

Welp, completely bombed my first phoenix fight. Way harder than I expected, considering I breezed through Core. SO MUCH LIFE.

Keep in mind that core got massively nerfed in 2.4. Malachai has something like 1/6th of the hp he used to have.

TheRat fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Oct 10, 2016

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

That's quite the nerf.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Firos posted:

That's quite the nerf.

Yeah. GGG wanted to bring him in line with the other t15 maps since Core was no longer the ultimate endgame content.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

So, I've done TS Deadeye, and WI so far this season. It's also my first. I'm gonna keep farming away but I'd like to spend the end of the season with some fancy expensive build. I've got it narrowed down to three options, if ya'll could give me the pros and cons of each that'd be really awesome.

- Reach assassin
- Cospri flicker assassin
- BV pathfinder

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I got a Rat's Nest with 60% Lacerate crit enchant last night. I might actually have enough currency if I can sell it to do a Real Build.

Thinking I might do Cospri's Malice Discharge, I miss constant screen-shaking framerate-tanking explosions.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I'm playing a LL magma orb elementalist and I'd highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys fun and explosions. No one ever talks about magma orb and it's so fuckin great. It's never going to beat BV pathfinder or whatever but the clear speed is really quite good, the mtx is BIS, and I feel like a goddamn Kiwi war criminal bombarding the countryside with napalm bouncing betties

Jbz
Jun 6, 2011

Ripped for like the third time on cruel dominus, after buying that poison on curse dagger for like 6c. The boss is my retarded self's white whale.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

TheRat posted:

Keep in mind that core got massively nerfed in 2.4. Malachai has something like 1/6th of the hp he used to have.

I didn't know that, makes more sense now though.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Jbz posted:

Ripped for like the third time on cruel dominus, after buying that poison on curse dagger for like 6c. The boss is my retarded self's white whale.

Just ask in gchat for someone to carry you.

Then maybe farm Dried Lake for a bit.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Soothing Vapors posted:

I'm playing a LL magma orb elementalist and I'd highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys fun and explosions. No one ever talks about magma orb and it's so fuckin great. It's never going to beat BV pathfinder or whatever but the clear speed is really quite good, the mtx is BIS, and I feel like a goddamn Kiwi war criminal bombarding the countryside with napalm bouncing betties

Does the mtx change the sound orb makes?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Nein

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH2GIP7GaSw

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I have done the Pale Court nine times this league.

I have gotten one sceptre and eight gloves.

gently caress you, Pale Court.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
So some beyond unique decided lvl72 was far enough and hosed my fire-based earthquake warchief marauder chieftain.
I feel like rolling again but every melee build i can think of ends with "...would be better with warchief" while everthing else is basically "CI flaskfinder would be better".

I really cant find a build idea that is out of the main-meta, low budget, HC viable, fun, and doesnt require me to respec top to bottom at level X.
I have high hopes for laserbeam totems, but until then cant see myself doing anything halfway decent that isnt XYZ+warchief.

e: how is SRS these days? I got lots of those +minion speed essences....

Yolomon Wayne fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Oct 10, 2016

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Essence Drain is very good. I should probably do a goon writeup as to why/what/etc.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Whats the general consensus on div card farming? Im sure i wont get one ever, but at the same time, im still gathering about 2-3 chaos per run, more if id pick up yellow armors. I need a Taming, and i want to get one card at least and just 4ex instead of 7.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Yolomon Wayne posted:

So some beyond unique decided lvl72 was far enough and hosed my fire-based earthquake warchief marauder chieftain.
I feel like rolling again but every melee build i can think of ends with "...would be better with warchief" while everthing else is basically "CI flaskfinder would be better".

I really cant find a build idea that is out of the main-meta, low budget, HC viable, fun, and doesnt require me to respec top to bottom at level X.
I have high hopes for laserbeam totems, but until then cant see myself doing anything halfway decent that isnt XYZ+warchief.

e: how is SRS these days? I got lots of those +minion speed essences....

Low life grand spectrum guardian

Using a five link pledge of hands, Lorica, alpha bowl, and 11+ mana grand spectrums :getin:

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Vasudus posted:

Essence Drain is very good. I should probably do a goon writeup as to why/what/etc.

i think people dont like it because you need to press 2 buttons to kill things. as opposed to you know 1 like most builds. such a waste of time that second button

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I'm playing the build of that guy who has the VRF demonstrations. It's Cospri's Malice Vortex, which is basically Cospri's Malice Discharge but you don't use Voll's chest + neck. I am not sure what the best way to go is, but I know 100% that it's correct to use VRF in your 5/6L because there really is no need to put your trigger skill in a 6L. I considered 3 ways you can set up the character:

1. CI Vortex: Hits around 12000 ES (I have a 811 chest and 512 shield and 390 hat with like ~180 boots and gloves and a good Crystal Belt, maybe you could push it up to 13000 with lvl 21 Disc + better gear). Base damage of Vortex is around 520 at lvl 20. Cospri's adds around 75 so it's approximately 600 base damage. I use Pyre + Snowforged for a really efficient source of increased damage so I have something like 400% increased damage total. Call it 3000 base damage before supports/crit.

2. LL Vortex: Hits around 9000 ES. Same tree as CI, adds a 30% more multiplier, so this is around 4000 base damage. Also doubles the ignite damage, which is actually a ton of damage.

3. CI Discharge: Hits around 8000-8500 ES. Tree has to look different, which drops about 100% increased damage to get the last Power Charge and Endurance Charge near Templar, around 60% less spell crit multi on the tree, and about 30% less increased ES. Full power Discharge does around 2100 base damage, with the lower investment in increased damage and crit multi, I'd say you could count it as effectively 8000 base damage before crit. It gains EE but loses the double curse which I use for a -resist curse, so those balance out to me.

Which actually makes me realize there's a 4th way.

4. CI Discharge (without the extra charges): Using the same tree as I do for Vortex (dropping Snowforged for EE), this hits around 9000 ES. Because you already naturally generate power charges, you can also drop the 3 Aura nodes and the double curse (normally you'd use Assassin's Mark + Warmark, I use PCoC with Warmark + Ele Weakness/Flammability), getting you 2 extra Jewel sockets. Overall, you end up with the same increased damage and crit multi as the Vortex build, which means you just lose 1 power charge and 1 endurance charge, taking the base damage of Discharge down to 1800, or 9000 damage before crit. I believe this actually ends up doing more damage than the pathing that goes all the way to Templar, or at the very least is close.

I think that the last option is actually the best balance of price and effectiveness. It loses the ability to use Fire Pen as a gem swap (I use it when Warmark is enough to cover my leech already and the map has +80% fire res), but the only time Fire Pen is notably worse than Empower as a swap is on maps with +80% resists with mobs that already have high resists already so -50% from EE/a Weakness curse still leaves them with near capped resists.

Oh, and for the record, don't use a 5l/6l Voll's for your Cyclone link. The mana cost goes up too much to cover with 1 Elreon Ring. Depending on how you feel about stun immunity with a Cyclone build (you can't be stunned while Cycloning), you might need Valyrium or Skyforth, and Valyrium uses up the second ring slot (Amulet slot is taken by Voll's). The best Cyclone link for Vortex is Cyclone - Inc Crits - Faster Attacks OR Increased Accuracy - Fortify/whatever else (I use PCoC since I get Fortify from Shield Charge) in a +3% base crit glove. I might even struggle with mana with the -50% mana from Voll's with this 4 link. With Discharge you probably want Cyclone - Inc Crits - CoC - Blade Vortex to keep up max charge Discharges on single target. This also ensures that EE on Cold is always active.

Oh, and it's worth pointing out that the dude who made the VRF oneshot videos doesn't really scale double dipping at all. VRF really does so much damage that it oneshots Shaper and T16 Guardians with no special investment.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

i think people dont like it because you need to press 2 buttons to kill things. as opposed to you know 1 like most builds. such a waste of time that second button

for me the clunkiest part is just the cast delay between the two. if i could cast them as fast as i could click the 2 buttons it'd feel a lot smoother

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

well thanks to the new Decay mod, you can just use Essence Drain on bosses and virtually any other skill to kill mobs

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Vasudus posted:

the entire guide is just "ESSENCE OF DELIRIUM" scratched in crayon on your bedroom wall

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
I had an Agnerod North drop, looks like I can sell it for ~30c. Is there anything else it does? Wiki's silent, flavor text mentions Vinktar square though.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

JawnV6 posted:

I had an Agnerod North drop, looks like I can sell it for ~30c. Is there anything else it does? Wiki's silent, flavor text mentions Vinktar square though.

Come on, read the flavor text, look at the name, and figure it out yourself. Vinktar Square is very valuable a unique map if that helps.

E: And the fact that when you search for Agnerod you'll also see results for Agnerod East, South, and West.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

JawnV6 posted:

If you do get all the staffs make a thread in reddit asking how you're supposed to put them in the map device

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

You're supposed to put them in the Horadric Cube, duh.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The Agnerod staves are heavily manipulated, they should sell for at/around 50c. I've sold two, one for 45c and the other for 52c.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I listed my first one for 30c and had an avalanche of whispers from those vulturing fucks in the first few minutes, so I doubled the price and slowly reduced it until it sold for ~45c.

generally speaking if there's someone who wants to buy something within 5 minutes of you listing it, there's manipulation

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Bought the ones for my vinktar's completion for 30c

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Vasudus posted:

The Agnerod staves are heavily manipulated, they should sell for at/around 50c. I've sold two, one for 45c and the other for 52c.

what im hearing is buy now

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I've noticed a lot of market manipulation this league compared to when I last played, latest being someone messaging me to buy my monstrous treasure prophecy for 18c and saying he spent the last bit of his time messaging a bunch of afk bots who had it listed at 15c until he reached me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Ultima66 posted:

I'm playing the build of that guy who has the VRF demonstrations. It's Cospri's Malice Vortex, which is basically Cospri's Malice Discharge but you don't use Voll's chest + neck. I am not sure what the best way to go is, but I know 100% that it's correct to use VRF in your 5/6L because there really is no need to put your trigger skill in a 6L. I considered 3 ways you can set up the character:

1. CI Vortex: Hits around 12000 ES (I have a 811 chest and 512 shield and 390 hat with like ~180 boots and gloves and a good Crystal Belt, maybe you could push it up to 13000 with lvl 21 Disc + better gear). Base damage of Vortex is around 520 at lvl 20. Cospri's adds around 75 so it's approximately 600 base damage. I use Pyre + Snowforged for a really efficient source of increased damage so I have something like 400% increased damage total. Call it 3000 base damage before supports/crit.

2. LL Vortex: Hits around 9000 ES. Same tree as CI, adds a 30% more multiplier, so this is around 4000 base damage. Also doubles the ignite damage, which is actually a ton of damage.

3. CI Discharge: Hits around 8000-8500 ES. Tree has to look different, which drops about 100% increased damage to get the last Power Charge and Endurance Charge near Templar, around 60% less spell crit multi on the tree, and about 30% less increased ES. Full power Discharge does around 2100 base damage, with the lower investment in increased damage and crit multi, I'd say you could count it as effectively 8000 base damage before crit. It gains EE but loses the double curse which I use for a -resist curse, so those balance out to me.

Which actually makes me realize there's a 4th way.

4. CI Discharge (without the extra charges): Using the same tree as I do for Vortex (dropping Snowforged for EE), this hits around 9000 ES. Because you already naturally generate power charges, you can also drop the 3 Aura nodes and the double curse (normally you'd use Assassin's Mark + Warmark, I use PCoC with Warmark + Ele Weakness/Flammability), getting you 2 extra Jewel sockets. Overall, you end up with the same increased damage and crit multi as the Vortex build, which means you just lose 1 power charge and 1 endurance charge, taking the base damage of Discharge down to 1800, or 9000 damage before crit. I believe this actually ends up doing more damage than the pathing that goes all the way to Templar, or at the very least is close.

I think that the last option is actually the best balance of price and effectiveness. It loses the ability to use Fire Pen as a gem swap (I use it when Warmark is enough to cover my leech already and the map has +80% fire res), but the only time Fire Pen is notably worse than Empower as a swap is on maps with +80% resists with mobs that already have high resists already so -50% from EE/a Weakness curse still leaves them with near capped resists.

Oh, and for the record, don't use a 5l/6l Voll's for your Cyclone link. The mana cost goes up too much to cover with 1 Elreon Ring. Depending on how you feel about stun immunity with a Cyclone build (you can't be stunned while Cycloning), you might need Valyrium or Skyforth, and Valyrium uses up the second ring slot (Amulet slot is taken by Voll's). The best Cyclone link for Vortex is Cyclone - Inc Crits - Faster Attacks OR Increased Accuracy - Fortify/whatever else (I use PCoC since I get Fortify from Shield Charge) in a +3% base crit glove. I might even struggle with mana with the -50% mana from Voll's with this 4 link. With Discharge you probably want Cyclone - Inc Crits - CoC - Blade Vortex to keep up max charge Discharges on single target. This also ensures that EE on Cold is always active.

Oh, and it's worth pointing out that the dude who made the VRF oneshot videos doesn't really scale double dipping at all. VRF really does so much damage that it oneshots Shaper and T16 Guardians with no special investment.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/m_rch/characters

I'm running CI discharge right now, gear still needs some work (hosed one of my rings trying to divine it, need to get it back to good but too lazy to buy more divines last night.)

I'm enjoying the build so far tbh, it feels really good in all maps with the exception of instadeath to reflect.

• Locked thread