Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Stairmaster posted:

Yeah but the gravitational changes still only pertubate at the speed of light.

No, because there is intelligent life with warp drive in the Dragonball Universe the changes can propagate faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Rodyle posted:

rewind doesn't make new timelines, it just manipulates the present one, which is probably why Beerus doesn't understand multiverse theory

except that berus is right and the only reason black is alive is cause the time ring basically exist out of time.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Elfgames posted:

except that berus is right and the only reason black is alive is cause the time ring basically exist out of time.

beerus is a bitch who doesn't understand poo poo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Beerus is a giant cat. He just doesn't give a gently caress about things that aren't eating or sleeping.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The food fetishism in this show is really unsettling.

It's not a bad message - eat big get big and all that - but they present it like a mother trying to get her 2 year old to eat his greens.

Wow, so delicious. Come eat this yummy food, Trunks!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Okay how about this:

When Whis uses his time rewind it perfectly rewinds the world and doesn't create an alternate timeline because the timeline that existed was erased. Unless someone gets their hands on a time ring at which point they're immune to Whis' time rewind.

Since time is weird all points in time exist regardless of what we perceive as the passage of time. So when Goku and co observe Gowasu die all points in that timeline already exist. This means that Zanmasu gets his hands on the time ring. Whis then erases the timeline and replaces it but since Zanmasu has his time ring already he's immune.

That fixes the issue of how Black comes about in a world where Beerus erases Zanmasu and means you have a stable time loop causing the thing.

The only issue is whether it squares with what people's perception of Whis' time rewind is. I think it does since it just relies on the time rings being super powerful, but I could be wrong.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

If someone breaks Black's time ring does he just die in a puff of paradox?

This could be the case, like he'd crumble away like how Sauron from LotR did when Mr. King sliced off his ring finger in a last ditch hail-mary pass

I'd pay $10 to see that

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Or he'll power up to Super Saiyan Time Lord 2 and become immune to the effects of causality (but not immune to being punched very hard)

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Oct 10, 2016

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I want the ending to be Garlic Jr. coming back from the Dead Zone thinking he can re-take the planet, then them punting Zanmasu in with him.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Parrotine posted:

This could be the case, like he'd crumble away like how Sauron from LotR did when Mr. King sliced off his ring finger in a last ditch hail-mary pass

I'd pay $10 to see that

You can probably watch LotR for less than $10.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Pureauthor posted:

Or he'll power up to Super Saiyan Time Lord 2 and become immune to the effects of casuality (but not immune to being punched very hard)

if goku can power up so much that he can move faster than time i can believe this

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Do Goku and Vegeta realize that they can both fight at the same time? Where the gently caress was Vegeta when Goku got stabbed? Just kinda.. standing around with Trunks? I feel like everyone is making a lot of rookie mistakes. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this arc so far, but I kinda feel like SSB may be more than they know what to do with - like at a certain point their brain can't possibly keep up with the speed at which their body is capable of moving.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

New Leaf posted:

Do Goku and Vegeta realize that they can both fight at the same time? Where the gently caress was Vegeta when Goku got stabbed? Just kinda.. standing around with Trunks? I feel like everyone is making a lot of rookie mistakes. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE this arc so far, but I kinda feel like SSB may be more than they know what to do with - like at a certain point their brain can't possibly keep up with the speed at which their body is capable of moving.

Goku and Vegeta not wanting to fight together is an actual plot point dating back to them being super-reluctant to fuse. They both want to be the one who WINS without needing the other guy

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

New Leaf posted:

Not to mention Vegita powered up to SSJ Blue, the powered down, then powered up again. I thought that transformation used a lot of stamina?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Rutibex posted:

Not to mention Vegita powered up to SSJ Blue, the powered down, then powered up again. I thought that transformation used a lot of stamina?

that was some bullcrap from the manga

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Quote is not edit.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Goku and Vegeta not wanting to fight together is an actual plot point dating back to them being super-reluctant to fuse. They both want to be the one who WINS without needing the other guy

That's all well and good, but isn't Frieza or Cell or Buu - there are 2 bad guys in play. Fine, one is immortal, but can't Vegeta keep him busy for 30 loving seconds so he doesn't pop out and sucker punch Goku?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

them bringing up how they don't want to fight together is probably just gonna be the lead in for them fusing or whatever so don't worry about it

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Y'all who cares? Dragon ball is cool and great don't worry about how or why just let it wash over you like a shower of white and blue and gold. At different parts of the episode I thought it was Goku then Trunks then Vegeta who would get the new transformation. I'm not disappointed!

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I think the real question is: are we getting Vegito or Gogeta?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Well Vegito has that sword move too...

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

No.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Gogeta.

Gotta counter their God power with the Alien Mortal Power.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

zelah posted:

Well Vegito has that sword move too...

And Goku Black had that sweet kick only offense for a little while.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Does anyone have a gif of evil hug?

I would also like this.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

New Leaf posted:

I chalk this all up to not having a plan.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

I would also like this.

Only have this short version:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Judging by that one pack of art we might just get Gogeta out of this unfortunately.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Aurora posted:

Judging by that one pack of art we might just get Gogeta out of this unfortunately.

Do share if possible, because I think I missed this.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

We get both. Prime timeline they become Gogeta, then Vegetto shows up from a parallel timeline where they nabbed Zamasu's earrings.

Then they Potara fuse and form Vegogetto. The universe implodes.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Enourmo posted:

We get both. Prime timeline they become Gogeta, then Vegetto shows up from a parallel timeline where they nabbed Zamasu's earrings.

Then they Potara fuse and form Vegogetto. The universe implodes.

But WHICH universe?!?!?!?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Aurora posted:

I really hope not. We need Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Kaioken x20 Vegito.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

They'll gain some kind of edge against the Zamasu Bros, which will prompt Zamasu and Black to fuse into Zamaku or whatever, which they'll struggle against until resorting to fusion

Gogeta will finish him off effortlessly and they'll defuse and both complain about how lame fusion is and Whis will be like Oh Ho Ho Ho, You Don't Need To Fuse If You Just Team Up Properly and then we find out the big multiverse tournament is going to be 2v2 and Vegeta looks into the camera as a single tear runs down his cheek

Seeric
Aug 18, 2011
As far as timeline speculation stuff goes it seems like the flashback in this episode confirms that Black is from an at least somewhat different timeline and was never the Zamasu that Beerus killed. In episode 59 Zamasu temporarily kills Gowasu while he is sitting at a table drinking tea, but in this episode's flashback he stabs him from behind while Gowasu is standing and there doesn't seem to be any tea on the table. I don't think they would have had the details of Gowasu's death scene play out differently a mere two episodes apart if it wasn't meant as a hint of some sort.

My guess on how all of this works is that Black never actually fought the current Goku of DBS and instead fought Goku for reasons completely unrelated to the Trunks stuff. Most likely Beerus or Whis offhandedly mentioned Zamasu being strong, Goku begs to fight him because that's what Goku always does when he hears about someone strong, Beerus and Whis agree after being bribed with food because that's what they always do, and the fight between the two takes place without any ulterior motives. That version of Zamasu goes about unchecked until he eventually ends up killing Gowasu and becoming Black, uses the time ring to travel to Trunks's timeline, and in turn causes Trunks to travel back in time and create the 'main' branch where Goku fights Zamasu to see if he's really Black. To clarify, this would mean we're working with three specific timelines with 2 Gokus, 3 Zamasus, and 1 Trunks: Black's timeline which is like the normal one up to the start of this arc except Trunks never showed up and Goku fought Zamasu for the sake of it (he wasn't stopped because he was never under suspicion to begin with), Trunks's timeline where Black went and where Zamasu became immortal, and the 'canonical' timeline where Goku fought Zamasu with ulterior motives in place and this Zamasu really is dead. If this is the case, removing the time ring might just shove Black back to his own timeline to inconvenience him instead of outright erasing him; I think playing up the importance of that ring so much in this episode is ultimately going to lead to another fake resolution when it almost certainly gets removed. There might also be yet another timeline floating around from when Goku, Vegeta, and Trunks return after being defeated, but I cannot even begin to wrap my head around how that would work when two people are from the 'normal' timeline and are traveling simultaneously with someone from an 'alternate' timeline back to the present/past from the future/present.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Momomo posted:

I really hope not. We need Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Kaioken x20 Vegito.

I want this to happen and then they fight against Krillin and Krillin gives them a good tough fight.

Just to watch the power level people explode.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Petiso posted:

Only have this short version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG1NrQYXjLU

alternatively

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCkv8zMODvo

Dias fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Oct 10, 2016

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Do share if possible, because I think I missed this.

It was some promotional artwork thing that also featured Super Saiyan Rosé Black before it was even revealed in episode titles, let me look

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
SSBKKX20Gogeta's Final Bafuda X10 will accidentally seal all evil in the multiverse in Future Trunks' timeline.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

SSBKKX20Gogeta's Final Bafuda X10 will accidentally seal all evil in the multiverse in Future Trunks' timeline.

Somehow Trunks will still come back for help in three years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Aurora posted:

It was some promotional artwork thing that also featured Super Saiyan Rosé Black before it was even revealed in episode titles, let me look

Interesting. Thanks!

• Locked thread