Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
It also introduce the world to that horrifically terrifying thing known as chemical warfare. The next war ends with something worse. Yay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
jesus, like a few thousand people died in 911 and america went completely bonkers and started two wars. Europe has been through poo poo a million tmes worse

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Playing battlefield 4 last night just making more hype for this game solely due to the lack of lock on weapons.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

FastestGunAlive posted:

Playing battlefield 4 last night just making more hype for this game solely due to the lack of lock on weapons.

Rocket gunning tanks is tense as hell, especially when you know you got only three shells.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
Want to play this game ASAP and I like the Red Baron stuff but still can't quite bring myself to pay for early enlister.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

KM Scorchio posted:

Want to play this game ASAP and I like the Red Baron stuff but still can't quite bring myself to pay for early enlister.

Oh you know it'll come out later as part of an Imperial Germany Gear pack or something. These things always go 'extra content' after releases.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

Aye, this is true.. Plus I'm off work for a week from the 21st so I should probably just be sensible and let :dice: have a few days to patch out the inevitable game breaking bugs at release then binge on battlefield during my holiday.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I'm still hoping we'll be able to change certain elements of the uniform now, I know we'll get a bountiful choice of player character heads from the single player campaign. If they are doing these weirdo promo battle pack code things now it'd be nice if it was more weapon skins.

revolther
May 27, 2008

SeanBeansShako posted:

Rocket gunning tanks is tense as hell, especially when you know you got only three shells.
Especially knowing that it's not enough to kill any tank.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

revolther posted:

At least crippling and knocking bits out is good enough!

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

Actually requiring a bit of team work to deal with tanks is a good thing.

I mostly used the launcher to snipe guys though since that thing flys pretty drat straight.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

revolther posted:

Yeah but you can still do it alone if you bring anti-tank nades + the light AT grenade. :shepface:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

KM Scorchio posted:

Actually requiring a bit of team work to deal with tanks is a good thing.

I mostly used the launcher to snipe guys though since that thing flys pretty drat straight.

No scope glint with artillery.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

FastestGunAlive posted:

Outside of infantry shooting at helicopters lock-on weapons barely feature in BF4, are super easy to avoid unless 3 or 4 people are working together, and aren't really a problem for anyone (which is actually the problem). That said removing them and therefor not trying to design anything around them is a good thing.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
The thing on Xbox is that there's been a big influx of new players recently so a lot of them don't have the rpg or don't realize it's the best choice so I run into lots of laws and javs. Not a big deal but still annoying and frustrating when they get that lucky kill after an armor battle. Then there's other poo poo like staff shell tanks and the always fun little bird "lets hover at max range and take turns shooting missiles at each and popping counter measures". 1v1 dawn breaker miniguns only duel with honor imo

I'm sure it'll take some time to balance out stuff in battlefield one but I take solace in knowing someone will have to actually aim to kill me

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Kibayasu posted:

Outside of infantry shooting at helicopters lock-on weapons barely feature in BF4, are super easy to avoid unless 3 or 4 people are working together, and aren't really a problem for anyone (which is actually the problem). That said removing them and therefor not trying to design anything around them is a good thing.

Yeah, the problem with lock on weapons in BF3/4 for air vehicles is the utter impossibility for people to die to them unless the air is completely saturated with stingers. By yourself you'll never down a dude because the flare reload time was tiny as all hell.

Monocled Falcon
Oct 30, 2011

KM Scorchio posted:

Aye, this is true.. Plus I'm off work for a week from the 21st so I should probably just be sensible and let :dice: have a few days to patch out the inevitable game breaking bugs at release then binge on battlefield during my holiday.

It's gonna be awesome, the dumbass preorder types are gonna beta test the game for us!

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

K8.0 posted:

You can get the digital deluxe edition for $70 if you buy an AMD code off ebay, or you can just get the base game for $47 from GMG. It's kinda a no brainer - you don't miss out on much and you can avoid supporting EA's incredibly lovely business practices.

So does the GMG key skip all the pre-order poo poo? I'm totally not interested in that crap at all.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Anti-Hero posted:

So does the GMG key skip all the pre-order poo poo? I'm totally not interested in that crap at all.

GMG keys generally will include pre-order bonuses (or at least their steam equivalents do, no idea about Origin)

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Party Plane Jones posted:

Yeah, the problem with lock on weapons in BF3/4 for air vehicles is the utter impossibility for people to die to them unless the air is completely saturated with stingers. By yourself you'll never down a dude because the flare reload time was tiny as all hell.

I've been running Stingers all weekend and focusing on helicopters just to be a dick, and yeah. The best I can do is make air vehicles run away 90% of the time. I think I've killed 4 helicopters by myself this weekend, and thats it.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Party Plane Jones posted:

GMG keys generally will include pre-order bonuses (or at least their steam equivalents do, no idea about Origin)

Gmg standard order will not get you the early enlisted bonus. Unless you play a lot on week nights I'd avoid paying extra.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

afkmacro posted:

Gmg standard order will not get you the early enlisted bonus. Unless you play a lot on week nights I'd avoid paying extra.

Excellent, this will be the one I purchase.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
This is it boys.

BF1 technically releases this week. (EA/Origin Access 10 hour demo.)

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost

IceOrb posted:

BF1 technically releases this week. (EA/Origin Access 10 hour demo.)

Are there even enough Origin Access subscribers to keep the multiplayer going for a almost a week?

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

Rolling Scissors posted:

Are there even enough Origin Access subscribers to keep the multiplayer going for a almost a week?

I dropped 5 bux already just to give the spin and I suspectany other folks will too. Besides Titanfall is more fun than expected and is tiding me over until then.

Bob Wins
Oct 25, 2010
Somebody just leaked about a half an hour of the "The Runner" part of the campaign

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IQRNOZXdGI.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Bob Wins posted:

Somebody just leaked about a half an hour of the "The Runner" part of the campaign

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IQRNOZXdGI.

poo poo its gone? how was it.

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

poo poo its gone? how was it.

Large open ended space with lots of moving back and forth. Animated opening of crates for items around the game world. Some large-ish battles with friendly AI (that were either MG emplacement murdermachines or confused pigeons.) Pretty decent "wow war really sucks and you shouldn't be excited for it" vibe despite long periods of one-man-army kind of gameplay.

Got the vibe that each chapter is actually one giant map that you run around doing stuff on.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

The AI was really buggy, such that some people think it might be unfinished code. Only new weapon is a four shot shot pistol.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

DoctorStrangelove posted:

The AI was really buggy, such that some people think it might be unfinished code. Only new weapon is a four shot shot pistol.

Speaking of weapons, I've been watching Westworld, and one of the characters has this sweet loving revolver that has a shotgun shell alternate fire.

Here's a guy shooting a regular cartridge and then the shotgun:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5M-QQIOc5k&t=396s

:dice: please

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Here it is. Hurry up before the Inquisition gets there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3OWqHU7BV0

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
the guy playing is really, really good

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Bohemian Nights posted:

Aren't they always?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I remember the LeMat from Cold Mountain. Cool gun.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Is this a typo or do you mean a four-ammo shotgun in pistol form factor?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Chronojam posted:

Is this a typo or do you mean a four-ammo shotgun in pistol form factor?

A four barrel pistol loaded with shot rounds.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Bohemian Nights posted:

Plus the sound and quality of the video is amazing.

I noped out pretty quickly. Why spoil it for myself, when I'm actually interested in playing the single player campaign for once.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im going to play and enjoy this game

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Hey.

gently caress you buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Preordered most expensive version, paid $5 to play this weekend, and just built a $3000 PC. :getin: