Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Boy they fixed that quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Have people figured out what the new heist is going to be? Seems like it will be a PD1 remake, given the "return of a classic" bit, but I can't puzzle it out from the icon.

It looks kind of like a car on a crane? But slaughterhouse and the one with the FBI informant have already been brought over. Green Bridge?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

It's Panic Room.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Oh poo poo, that's a good one. Hoping they change it up some from the original though.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

widespread posted:

Get those socks ready boys. We got a house to furnish.

Edit: Daily is now Houston wanting paintings. I'm assuming same deal applies.

It very well may not be- the diamond store one seemed specifically borked.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vtg7kaCwYE

the guy who does these videos posts in this thread right? Good job, v accurate would laugh again A+++

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Discendo Vox posted:

It very well may not be- the diamond store one seemed specifically borked.

I still don't quite understand how the dailies work at this point. I triggered the Diamond Store one a second time (after not getting it a different, earlier time) but now I've just got the 24 hour countdown clock on that and it wouldn't trigger again.

Edit: I'm guessing under normal circumstances it has to do with when you complete the current one, which sets the clock for when the next will show up. I've been playing at weird hours though so it always seems like at least one person is still on yesterday's while at least one other person gets the new one ahead of me.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Oct 10, 2016

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Ugh, just got a bugged game in that Russian lab level. For some reason the briefcase was nowhere to be found, so we couldn't advance. Pretty annoying...

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

clockworkjoe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vtg7kaCwYE

the guy who does these videos posts in this thread right? Good job, v accurate would laugh again A+++

AFAIK Maria is not a goon, he's a weird furry person with a fat fetish and a Queen's accent. Might read the thread though.

Probably going to unfriend me again after that comment but eh we never talk.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Skunkrocker posted:

AFAIK Maria is not a goon, he's a weird furry person with a fat fetish and a Queen's accent. Might read the thread though.

you have a strange life

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Can someone PM me about joining the Steam group?

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

^^ Just post a link to your steam profile and you'll have one pretty fast.

shut up blegum posted:

Ugh, just got a bugged game in that Russian lab level. For some reason the briefcase was nowhere to be found, so we couldn't advance. Pretty annoying...

There's been a few odds bugs around lately - I got caught yesterday on Boiling Point as well. The bomb just... never went off.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
The parachutes failing to deploy bug is still alive and well on Boiling Point as well. :buddy:

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

John Murdoch posted:

The parachutes failing to deploy bug is still alive and well on Boiling Point as well. :buddy:

I hope this is never fixed.

It's really funny

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

John Murdoch posted:

You can just toss the chute away if you really wanted to hit the ground hard.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Skunkrocker posted:

well that explains his weird rear end youtube av

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
im bad at mspaint

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Skunkrocker posted:

I was gonna ask how you could possibly know this then realized I really don't want to know

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
I've not played this game in nearly a year, but all this new stuff looks cool.
The revised skill tree looks much more interesting, but I noticed a few things missing from when I used to play
Is there no "Fast Hands" interact with bags skill any more? Did they just make everyone interact faster or is everyone stuck at slow rear end default speed?
There is no "reduced falling damage" skill - have they folded this into everyone by default or are all my old shortcuts dead and I'll keep taking loads of damage for jumping off a dumpster?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Skunkrocker posted:

he's a weird furry person with a fat fetish and a Queen's accent
Oh lord, that's just horrific

not Queen's

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Mr Beens posted:

The revised skill tree looks much more interesting, but I noticed a few things missing from when I used to play
Is there no "Fast Hands" interact with bags skill any more? Did they just make everyone interact faster or is everyone stuck at slow rear end default speed?
There is no "reduced falling damage" skill - have they folded this into everyone by default or are all my old shortcuts dead and I'll keep taking loads of damage for jumping off a dumpster?

Fast hands and cat burglar are both default now.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Mr Beens posted:

Everyone's faster.

quote:

Everyone takes reduced damage.

Everyone also has silent killing.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Wait, did we ever get Day 4 yet or is Overkill just being drunk as gently caress late?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Mr Beens posted:

Yes and yes. Also everyone can now take cops hostage (hillarously broken ATM, everyone will surrender immideatly), everyone can use any deployable bar armor-piercing sentries with no skills, everyone kills silently I think and some other stuff which I must have forgotten. Oh, everyone can use the Saw as the primary weapon.
Also the weapons have been rebalanced and now everything is viable, go there and have fun.

In other news - to get "So Pretty", the Tiara challenge, Ukrainian Job must be completed in Stealth on DW without equipping ECMs. That part is missing from the description. Or we had bad luck and got bugged the first time we went in loud, but we certainly got it in stealth. There is a lot of guards, which requires carefully picked kills and wow stealth is fun too. Gonna get the Ghost trophy for the safehouse really soon. Clover upgrades just add more cameras to the safehouse. T2 Vault is just bigger and prettier. T2 Dragan adds a punching bag which is just a shooting gallery for melee - gives you the damage values.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Mr Beens posted:

The Crimefest 2015 rebalance folded a lot of the very basic skills into the player's base stats. In terms of the old skill tree, you get Cat Burglar ace, Shinobi ace, Endurance ace, Fast Hands ace, Transporter basic, and Dominator basic for nothing. Additionally, you can use any of the basic deployables without any skill investment.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Kikas posted:

In other news - to get "So Pretty", the Tiara challenge, Ukrainian Job must be completed in Stealth on DW without equipping ECMs.

time to sit around and wait for drills to finish, I guess

JohnnyOso
Oct 9, 2007

a more refined age
Edit: I am an idiot, nevermind.

JohnnyOso fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Oct 10, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Kikas posted:

In other news - to get "So Pretty", the Tiara challenge, Ukrainian Job must be completed in Stealth on DW without equipping ECMs. That part is missing from the description. Or we had bad luck and got bugged the first time we went in loud, but we certainly got it in stealth. There is a lot of guards, which requires carefully picked kills and wow stealth is fun too. Gonna get the Ghost trophy for the safehouse really soon. Clover upgrades just add more cameras to the safehouse. T2 Vault is just bigger and prettier. T2 Dragan adds a punching bag which is just a shooting gallery for melee - gives you the damage values.

FYI Ukrainian Job is like Jewelry store in that the higher difficulties do virtually nothing to stealth. You can have a random number between 2 and 6 guards on UJ regardless of difficulty. So dumb.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Speaking of getting screwed by the RNG, I actually witnessed the rare computer-required Election Day truck setup this week. (I just took the 50/50 and guessed right.) And then today a Diamond Store with no outer security door.

Getting 5+ guards on Ukrainian was one of the things I thankfully didn't see.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Man, I've been waiting for the Payday 2 DLC to go on sale for a while. Is there anything I should get in particular or steer clear of?

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
I dunno, I think I'll stick with my Dynamite rather than use Conc nades.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Tamayachi posted:

I like regular grenades better, since you can airburst them.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Max Wilco posted:

Man, I've been waiting for the Payday 2 DLC to go on sale for a while. Is there anything I should get in particular or steer clear of?

Check the OP, Vox made a great effortpost on this very subject & its quoted there.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tamayachi posted:

Conc grenades seem like something that would be useful to toss around when you've got hostages everywhere. Assuming you actually care about not killing them which most people don't.

It'd also be nice for not breaking the window barricades on Rats/Cook Off. Seems like even if you throw a grenade downstairs it'll shatter the barricades in the upstairs side room.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Who is that supposed to be sitting next to Wick, in the beanie?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Wintermutant posted:

I believe that is Ilja, The Sniper You Hired.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Wintermutant posted:

That's not Wick. That's Twitch.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

This is probably my favorite day so far next to the safehouse. The conc grenades look like they're a ton of fun to play with.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Grapplejack posted:

I believe that is Ilja, The Sniper You Hired.

Nope, it's the Spotter, the guy pictured in the asset when you buy it for stealth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

averox posted:

2EZ exists for a reason

:dukedog:

good

also god bless cheeto and allen wren :pubstove: is a good emote and i hope it catches on