Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

"Golden" Gold Goldman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.
Amazon.ca spoiled me and shipped the game Wednesday, the NXT Edition is surprisingly nice. I thought the Balor figurine would be the highlight for me, but that Nakamura autographed print really pops. Game also comes with a wonderful 11 GB day-1 patch that is going to take 3+ hours to download on my PS4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGQ3r941e9I

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Davros1 posted:

David Lee Wrath

Perfect. Thank you all for the suggestions!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Basic Chunnel posted:

"Golden" Gold Goldman

"Dollar" William Buxxx

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

The new CAW features is pretty good. You do a whole roster of GCW stars like Gravitron, AnAmaze, Jerry Manhusky, Salty Sturgeon, and the immortal one, Jobby Limpdick.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
I saw some of the attire parts and got a little excited about the alts I'll be making.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Pre-ordered my copy yesterday and it's ready to play on Tuesday. Now it's just sitting there mocking me on my xbone.

Also gently caress you 2K for making Nakamura a god drat super deluxe edition pack in and not just part of the god drat game. I need my Japanese Gumby Man drat it! (Would have picked up the NXT edition but everywhere I checked it was sold out)

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I traded in 2k15 and 16 plus some lovely 3ds games and it payed for 2k17 so that was cool I guess. Cant wait for the day one patch to take 16 hours to download, then freezes up during attempts to preview create an entrance options like 16 did.

super macho dude fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Oct 9, 2016

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
The more I read about the nxt enhancement pack the more it pisses me off. Every website says it's a Xbox one and PS4 exclusive. Of course it is. What other systems are you loving putting it on. The good thing though is that Amazon prime members get the game for 47 bucks so the 9.99 pretty much just makes the game a normal price.

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

The_Rob posted:

The more I read about the nxt enhancement pack the more it pisses me off. Every website says it's a Xbox one and PS4 exclusive. Of course it is. What other systems are you loving putting it on.

The PS3/360 versions have a different pack with just the characters due to not having MyCareer.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Another year, another referendum on the ethics of DLC

werty420
Mar 20, 2007
Having watched some of the early footage youtubers have uploaded, it seems like a dick move to feature DLC/special edition pre-order only characters prominently in the mycareer intro cut scene.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I just paid for the game off Amazon but am confused. It said that prime members get free same day delivery if they select 2 day shipping at check out. But even after the order it's still saying the estimated delivery is the 13th. It's not that big of a deal because I got the game for a good price I just want to know if I'm missing something.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
the order processes on the 11th once Amazon gets the permission to sell it, unfortunately that means the two shipping isn't gonna start before release day but I'm sure the discount makes up for the two day delay

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

GenericMartini posted:

the order processes on the 11th once Amazon gets the permission to sell it, unfortunately that means the two shipping isn't gonna start before release day but I'm sure the discount makes up for the two day delay

Yeah like I said I can wait a couple days because I got a better price than if I just bought it at target or something.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

That's odd, my order's shipping today and arriving on release day :shrug:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Basic Chunnel posted:

That's odd, my order's shipping today and arriving on release day :shrug:

You probably ordered it before today though.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Ah yeah that would explain it

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The commentary still seems really bad. I played the first few games of NBA 2k16's career mode and even though there was canned dialogue, it was clearly evolving based on how I played ("Freq is taking it to the line often, and that's working" vs "he's cold in the key and needs to pass more").

The "Educated feet to good use" line has to be 10 years old at this point.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

the commentary is awful if just for the fact that they still use Cole & King as the go to team.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

super macho dude posted:

the commentary is awful if just for the fact that they still use Cole & King as the go to team.

That's because they're recycling the audio.

Why do I keep buying these dumb games?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

super macho dude posted:

They have JBl in there as well but he seems to only talk once every few minutes.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

The_Rob posted:

They have JBl in there as well but he seems to only talk once every few minutes.

Mercifully.

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E
I'm on the fence about buying WWE 2K17, but $60/$90 bucks is a hard sell. Any major improvements to the Career mode?

I read about the promo thing, but I'm worried all that will become repetitive fairly quickly.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Lazer posted:

I'm on the fence about buying WWE 2K17, but $60/$90 bucks is a hard sell. Any major improvements to the Career mode?

I read about the promo thing, but I'm worried all that will become repetitive fairly quickly.

The career mode from what I've seen seem way streamlined now. But universe mode looks way better than last years. That's where it's worth it for me.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dont buy it

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Are the 360/PS3 versions just WWE2k14 with new characters, or have they added in stuff like the lock-up minigames? If it's just a roster update, I'm interested in that once the new one is 75% off in November.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
If I buy it, I'm just gonna do the same thing I do every year.

Spend like 30+ hours setting up Universe perfectly with the best CAWs and shows and have all of the Raw, WCW, ECW, NXT, indys, blah blah...

...then never play it.

Yet, I'm stlll intrigued..

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Tato posted:

Are the 360/PS3 versions just WWE2k14 with new characters, or have they added in stuff like the lock-up minigames? If it's just a roster update, I'm interested in that once the new one is 75% off in November.
More than likely they hit their hardware ceiling with 2K14 and haven't done much of anything to try and push it higher. I don't really blame them.

There's always a "next year" thing but my hope is that the brand split will last long enough that the next game will reincorporate all the GM rivalry stuff that made Here Comes The Pain the best of the PS2-era games.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I just hope they put more storyline cut scenes in universe mode. I felt like There were only like 5 last year.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Tato posted:

Seeing as I had 2K14, skipped 2K15, and all 2K16 was was just a roster update (plus story collection in the Universe Mode), I'm expecting it's just a roster update. And I'm fine with that.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lazer posted:

please stop enabling WWE and 2k by paying full price for their shovelware

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Lazer posted:

https://youtu.be/vs7hQtVcLM4

It doesn't look great. It's an interesting idea though.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

joylessdivision posted:

I'm sure it'll be ruined next year by all the people whining about there not being voice overs, so next year only HHH and John Cena will be able to give promos.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

joylessdivision posted:

I dunno giving 100% "you stink" promos seems good

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

joylessdivision posted:

Please tell me you can skip all that text of the wrestler giving his lengthened response. It's bad enough they have a cacophony of crowd noise as a soundtrack during that.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Call Me Charlie posted:

Please tell me you can skip all that text of the wrestler giving his lengthened response. It's bad enough they have a cacophony of crowd noise as a soundtrack during that.

Doesn't look like it.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

It doesn't look like there are any "trees", so to speak. Meaning, you talk past one another without any real regard for what's been said already.

Also "You've lit a fuse and are asking for trouble" stick with your metaphors and follow through, Christ. And can you imagine Taker cutting that sort of promo?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

can you imagine Taker cutting that sort of promo?

Well let me tell you about a ride we took through the desert...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E
Thanks for the input. Yeah going to hold off on this game this time around, or maybe pick it up when it's cheaper (or on PC). I'll just continue playing TEW2016 to scratch that wrestling game itch.

Lazer fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Oct 11, 2016