Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Mazerunner posted:

I'm still getting killed by quickscoping snipers as I'm shooting them in the head so anyone who says snipers are trash now needs to get out

http://i.imgur.com/j2alxHl.gifv

I would love to see what it looked like on their screen but alas they did not save a clip of their shame.

Snipes are pretty rough right now though, any kind of incoming fire sends your reticle all the gently caress over the screen and it's extremely hard to see anything, much less hit it. I think this is generally good, though it does mean literally everyone is running shotgun so the game feels pretty one dimensional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Adept versions are gold. Non are blue

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

what sniper is that?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Emron posted:

It's weird that the scout/fusion have that badass blue/yellow aesthetic with the cool scopes, but the pulse looks like a Y2 weapon

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
ANyone want to do trails

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Petra bounties are easy as gently caress and take less than a half hour to do just FYI.

Also bring back SRL (unfuck the collision physics first)

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Adept versions are gold. Non are blue

Should have been the other way around since the blue looks better! Does the pulse have the cool trials-y looking scope?

Wang
Apr 10, 2003

dance dance ferret revolution

Menstrual Show posted:

Petra bounties are easy as gently caress and take less than a half hour to do just FYI.

If you're not actively ramming people to win and enjoying it while blasting duck quacks you're not doing SRL correctly...

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Wang posted:

If you're not actively ramming people to win and enjoying it while blasting duck quacks you're not doing SRL correctly...

It's really a drat, drat shame I won't be able to spam Gjallar Horn

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Emron posted:

Should have been the other way around since the blue looks better! Does the pulse have the cool trials-y looking scope?

Yes it's the best scope in the game and this is the best gun in the game

http://i.imgur.com/HowdbFc.gifv

It's the new counterbalance Doctrine but everyone already knows it's a beast.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Awesome! posted:

what sniper is that?

Devil's dawn, which is actually not a great crucible sniper but I was using it because it was my highest light special and it's IB.

Though it is funny to tag low light scrubs in the rear end and one shot them.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

I play more PVE than PVP and love IB, it gives me a once a month break and I end up using weapons I normally don't. Probably gonna get around to doing Trials because the game has forced me play PVP in a sense. I hate Supremacy but enjoy clash and control

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It's the new counterbalance Doctrine but everyone already knows it's a beast.

gently caress that looks so good

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

God drat this man or woman is a stupid bitch.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Nirwen's Mercy actually has more impact and stability, what makes Blind Perdition so much better? A better perk spread?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

weird, that doesn't look like a counterbalance grasp with oes

e:

xzzy posted:

Nirwen's Mercy actually has more impact and stability, what makes Blind Perdition so much better? A better perk spread?

nirwen's kills in the same amount of bursts, but does it slower. different fire rates

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Having more impact makes it worse

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

deadwing posted:

different fire rates

:confused:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

deadwing posted:

different fire rates

:suicide:

boz
Oct 16, 2005

1 shots fast 1 shots faster

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

So apparently the game has overtime if a game is tied, and you get a medallion if it ends in a tie in IB. :downs:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

deadwing posted:

weird, that doesn't look like a counterbalance grasp with oes

I actually have one of those with Max stability and this feels so much better. The HCr fucks people's aim up completely to max flinch on the first burst. I win so many ones with it if I can get the first shot, which guess what I do all the time because of snapshot and the highlighting. Highlighting on a sight that doesn't suck is OP.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3pHKHr36v4

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I actually have one of those with Max stability and this feels so much better. The HCr fucks people's aim up completely to max flinch on the first burst. I win so many ones with it if I can get the first shot, which guess what I do all the time because of snapshot and the highlighting. Highlighting on a sight that doesn't suck is OP.

I have HCR on my waltz, and i feel like that perk has won me some fights that by all rights I shouldn't have won. It's loving amazing on pulses.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Best PvP primaries for me right now are Adept Blind Perdition and Clever Dragon with HCR/CB/Smallbore or Braced Frame. Both feel hilariously unfair versus other guns.

Grasp has better base stats than CD, but can't roll HCR.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

qbert posted:

Best PvP primaries for me right now are Adept Blind Perdition and Clever Dragon with HCR/CB/Smallbore or Braced Frame. Both feel hilariously unfair versus other guns.

Grasp has better base stats than CD, but can't roll HCR.

Yeah p much. IB week when the pulse is dropping is gonna be lit

The dragon is probably better in terms of pure TTK because of the archetype, but having intrinsic snapshot to counter the handling hit from HCr and the target highlighting makes the aBP v v g.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Clever Dragon does indeed wreck my poo poo every time it shoots at me.

But I haven't run up against any trials sweaties with the perdition yet.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah p much. IB week when the pulse is dropping is gonna be lit

The dragon is probably better in terms of pure TTK because of the archetype, but having intrinsic snapshot to counter the handling hit from HCr and the target highlighting makes the aBP v v g.

What perks are you running on BP out of curiosity, since you're much much better at PvP than me? I'm running Smooth Ballistics, Hand-Laid, HCR, CB. Ideal?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
That's what I'm running. I've seen waaay better players than me running that, or running Smart Drift, smallbore, HCr, CB.

The latter gets you more range with basically the same stability. But I cant handle the 21 round mag, 24 lets you do 2 sets of 4-burst action to handle 2 dudes at once.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

gotta have the big mag to satisfy multiple dudes

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Awesome! posted:

what sniper is that?

Devils Dawn, skeleton key/possible drop from Sepiks or the splicer priest.

quote:

No worries SRL is coming back in December and they've had to change the entire physics engine to unfuck the collisions, just something we'll have to live with.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Alteisen posted:

Devils Dawn, skeleton key/possible drop from Sepiks or the splicer priest.

No worries SRL is coming back in December and they've had to change the entire physics engine to unfuck the collisions, just something we'll have to live with.

SRL will probably be up where Saladin used to be, eh? If not it would be hilarious if they just never opened that part of the tower again. Hope you remembered to grab that ghost!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

DrNutt posted:

SRL will probably be up where Saladin used to be, eh? If not it would be hilarious if they just never opened that part of the tower again. Hope you remembered to grab that ghost!

They had better because I do not have it! Also I bought the RoI OST and it came with a free redemption for an emblem and I went through all the steps and was told it'd be waiting for me with the vendor but it doesn't seem to be. Has anyone had this problem?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

EmmyOk posted:

They had better because I do not have it! Also I bought the RoI OST and it came with a free redemption for an emblem and I went through all the steps and was told it'd be waiting for me with the vendor but it doesn't seem to be. Has anyone had this problem?

Yeah not me but mazerunner has, he got his avatar eventually maybe he'll see this and respond.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Emron posted:

I have HCR on my waltz, and i feel like that perk has won me some fights that by all rights I shouldn't have won. It's loving amazing on pulses.

I have a waltz with HCR, Perfect Balance and Counter Balance.

To bad I'm lovely with all trigger spam weapons.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
:gary: TLW is the ultimate trigger spam weapon

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

anybody wanna do a trials run

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

DrNutt posted:

Every race should end driving off a cliff like the wall in the raid where the siege engine falls.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

:gary: TLW is the ultimate trigger spam weapon

All my favorite PvP weapons are full auto. Thank gently caress TLW has it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Are there any ghosts or clusters in the Iron Banner area of the temple?

• Locked thread