Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Hyped that I got a Volcanion today. That is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Volcanion is another card distribution. If you want one, better get there early! I just got mine. Can't wait to have an absolutely full Pokedex just in time for S&M!

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Silver Falcon posted:

Volcanion is another card distribution. If you want one, better get there early!

Baaaaaaaaaalls. I'm not dealing with the lovely holiday bus schedule to go to the dirty ol' mall just to get a Pokemon I illegally whipped up ages ago (How does this guy have a Volcanion in a Heavy Ball?! He must be some kind of CRIMINAL!)
I don't even expend the effort to swap games and download two mystery gift mons anymore if they're all gonna be level 100 and non-tradeable on the GTS. If they did a Victini-style in-game low-level legendary mon, I might actually use it for a bit, for ha-has.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
I just got mine too. What kind of nature should I be soft resetting for on this guy? Modest I'm guessing?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Countblanc posted:

I'm ready, to read the spoilers and post about them.

Me too

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Overemotional Robot posted:

Hawlucha and pikachu libre vs machamp and wrestlecat in a hell in the cell slobberknocker.

Throw in Chesnaught, Emboar, and Poliwrath.

Honestly, I hope they do add in a Fighting l-type only brawl minigame. Pokken was a missed opportunity for that.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
It took forever, but I finally have all 721 Pokemon. :dance:

PSWII60 posted:

I just got mine too. What kind of nature should I be soft resetting for on this guy? Modest I'm guessing?

That or Timid.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Oct 10, 2016

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yes got my volcania

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

That or Timid.

Just in time for there to be another hundred and change.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

That or Timid.

For tying with +Speed Metagross, Bisharp, and Breloom?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Dexie posted:

I really wish event Legendaries came in a lower level.

I'd love to be able to run through a game with a Victini or a Celebi in my team.

I played Pokemon Ranger and got the Manaphy egg and since it came out before D/P, I was able to transfer the egg to Diamond right at the start of the game. I hatched a level 1 Manaphy and it was my water type through the entire game.

It was awesome.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
Is this Volcanion distribution time/quantity limited?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Supremezero posted:

Just in time for there to be another hundred and change.

PSWII60 posted:

For tying with +Speed Metagross, Bisharp, and Breloom?

It should help counter them, yeah. Though, if you're using Choice Specs or something, you could probably afford to go Modest.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Oct 10, 2016

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Tonight I will evolve my Amaura, hatch another, and finish my living dex. Thank you, Volcanion...

Kawabata posted:

Is this Volcanion distribution time/quantity limited?

Both. 10th through 31st, and if your store runs out of cards they can print you codes on a receipt but they are lazy and won't.

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Tonight I will evolve my Amaura, hatch another, and finish my living dex. Thank you, Volcanion...

Both. 10th through 31st, and if your store runs out of cards they can print you codes on a receipt but they are lazy and won't.

wait really? I missed out on a mew distribution bc of this then. Jerks.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Yeah. I heard about it a couple times on here (or elsewhere?) and my little sister had to hunt down a Gamestop that would do it. I think they send numbers back to Nintendo or something so it's a hassle to print up new ones and make sure those get counted too, but I'm just spitballing where that's concerned.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Since I just brought home my newborn son, the likelyhood of me getting to a Gamestop this month is pretty nil. If any hero goon wants to help a brother out with a spare code it would be mega appreciated.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Man, I didn't know the Hoopa distribution was so short, I didn't get one. I guess I have to go by Gamestop on the way home from work, I'll see if I can get a couple Volcanion codes.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Since I just brought home my newborn son, the likelyhood of me getting to a Gamestop this month is pretty nil. If any hero goon wants to help a brother out with a spare code it would be mega appreciated.

I gotcha taken care of. Check your PMs.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I'm so fuckin excited to make new teams in Gen 7 yall. Experimenting on showdown back in pre-bank X/Y, just seeing what worked and what didn't and trying to find the niche for all the new stuff was a hoot and I wanna do it again. bring on the mons

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I'm going to be doing my best to fill out my living dex before the new game comes out, that way I no longer have to worry about "do I have X, have I used X before", because the answer will be yes for everything! So I can try whatever!

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I hope the Volcanion event is available in Canada, although most of them have been here already. Hopefully I'll be able to snag at least one.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Since I live in a country Nintendo does not give a poo poo about, if anyone can get me a code, I'd be super thankful! I have a full livingdex (except for that one), so I can breed down anything that can be bred if that works for a trade, and I have a few spare legendaries because...I obsessively collect poo poo. It's me, I'm the guy who pays for Pokemon Bank.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Since I live in a country Nintendo does not give a poo poo about, if anyone can get me a code, I'd be super thankful! I have a full livingdex (except for that one), so I can breed down anything that can be bred if that works for a trade, and I have a few spare legendaries because...I obsessively collect poo poo. It's me, I'm the guy who pays for Pokemon Bank.

Heh, I'm about to pay for the Pokebank too, I'm compulsively trying to complete my dex and I'm over 30 with a boring normal life. Basically playing Pokemon is my dirty secret, no one knows except my wife and daughter (who's very ok with it). But honestly if you like JRPG, grinding, and collecting stuff Pokemon and Shin Megami Tensei are the poo poo today.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

i love when pokemon brings the family together :wooper:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Beat the Elite Four with Swampert, Delcatty, Altaria, Grumpig, Absol and Glalie, with Breloom and Swalot as rotated members.

Just gotta get all them OR exclusives, trade a few to AS to get the last couple legendaries and I'll have a full living dex!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

jarbv posted:

i love when pokemon brings the family together :wooper:

i don't, everyone's family should be broken as hell to best replicate the experience of putting a bunch of 10 year olds out on the streets

that guys daughter will never be a pokemon master

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I just look at it as a hobby. I don't have the space for a more classical collecting hobby like coins or bugs, so a hobby that I can fit on a postage-stamp sized piece of plastic is ideal for me.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

There's only a handful of Pokémon I need to have a living Pokédex with just Gen VI native Pokémon. Most of them happen to be trade evolutions though.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Zuzie posted:

There's only a handful of Pokémon I need to have a living Pokédex with just Gen VI native Pokémon. Most of them happen to be trade evolutions though.

If you need help doing that I'm currently on.

3454-4682-4181 bombegil

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

My gamestop printed me out an Arceus code when they rang out of cards

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Kawabata posted:

If you need help doing that I'm currently on.

3454-4682-4181 bombegil

Thanks for the offer, but I haven't actually gotten around to breeding them yet... and I still have my old 3ds on hand :v:

But I'll add your FC anyway. Mine's 5370-0412-2211

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Countblanc posted:

I'm so fuckin excited to make new teams in Gen 7 yall. Experimenting on showdown back in pre-bank X/Y, just seeing what worked and what didn't and trying to find the niche for all the new stuff was a hoot and I wanna do it again. bring on the mons

praying for Pyukumuku to actually be usable.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

I and just really hoping the owl gets some good Fighting moves or something so I don't get walled by Steel when I use it.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Countblanc posted:

i cant wait for the 140 base power knock-offs of gen 7

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ruggington posted:

i cant wait for the 140 base power knock-offs of gen 7

they'll make Swift and other 100% accurate moves all deal double damage to enemies who are paralyzed or below a certain speed level

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I can't believe they changed speed to only give more % of acting first instead of being absolute, same about priority :twisted:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I understand that people are upset that they removed abilities and condensed Attack and Special Attack down to a single stat, but frankly, I haven't played a game since Blue Version and this is for children regardless, so it just makes sense.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Blackheart posted:

I can't believe they changed speed to only give more % of acting first instead of being absolute, same about priority :twisted:

I can't believe they decided to make turn order so reliant on speed that faster Pokémon get multiple turns before slower ones can move. Also faster ones have a high chance of dodging any move at random.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I can't believe that Snorlax has a gun