Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Krumbsthumbs posted:

In the game I'm currently running the champion fight is the only one I haven't beaten or even tried to do. Champion Weald runs are always dicey with those damned giants.

We have a max of 28 slots for people, so at least 2 of the 15 classes will not have a double up. I left out a 2nd PD and a Bounty Hunter, but what did everyone else do?

that's where the occultist shines -30% damage means those trolls do basically no damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Krumbsthumbs posted:

In the game I'm currently running the champion fight is the only one I haven't beaten or even tried to do. Champion Weald runs are always dicey with those damned giants.

We have a max of 28 slots for people, so at least 2 of the 15 classes will not have a double up. I left out a 2nd PD and a Bounty Hunter, but what did everyone else do?

Screw Abominations.

28 isn't the max, by the way. You can theoretically get an infinite roster, but the maximum practical amount is 42. I can't explain why, it's a bit spoilerish.

double nine posted:

that's where the occultist shines -30% damage means those trolls do basically no damage.

Don't forget dodge tanking!

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
I like the canon boss because it continues the theme of the Ancestor having terrible, terrible ideas. "Oh, the people are getting upset at me, what should I do? I know, I'll hire a bunch of mercenaries to shell them into submission."

Also, it's decorated with shields hanging from the sides, one of which looks extremely similar to the Man-At-Arm's hazard stripes shield. And the Man-At-Arm's comic features cannons that look remarkably similar to the Pounders, with the same slotted shield thing in the front. So there may be a connection between the Man-At-Arms and the brigands that the Ancestor hired.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

ousire posted:

I like the canon boss because it continues the theme of the Ancestor having terrible, terrible ideas. "Oh, the people are getting upset at me, what should I do? I know, I'll hire a bunch of mercenaries to shell them into submission."

Also, it's decorated with shields hanging from the sides, one of which looks extremely similar to the Man-At-Arm's hazard stripes shield. And the Man-At-Arm's comic features cannons that look remarkably similar to the Pounders, with the same slotted shield thing in the front. So there may be a connection between the Man-At-Arms and the brigands that the Ancestor hired.

And hey, the Pounder and crew would definitely make short work of the Necromancer if they were pitted against each other, probably the Flesh too. And the Hag and Siren if they grabbed someone other than the matchman. Swine Prince is the only boss so far I could see the Pounder having trouble with.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

ousire posted:

The comic is pretty explicit about MaA being the sole survivor of one of the canon's strikes, I think? If I'm reading it right, that particular comic is kind of messy.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

A day may come when my name is mentioned in an LP and it is said correctly first time. But it is not this day.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
CATTLE DRIIIIIIIIVE

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
I'll admit, I was totally ready to come rushing in here and yell "Highwang was wrong!" until you actually looked up the misfire chance mid-video. :v:

But yeah, the pounder is definitely not the most threatening of the bosses.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Gridlocked posted:

CATTLE DRIIIIIIIIVE

Why would anyone trying to convince someone noted incredible game Mount and Blade is incredible ever let them take a vanilla cattle drive quest.

Why.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

Night10194 posted:

Why would anyone trying to convince someone noted incredible game Mount and Blade is incredible ever let them take a vanilla cattle drive quest.

Why.

To sustain themselves on my agony.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Highwang posted:

Play more Mount and Blade. It is so good. So, so good.

Incidentally, do you have a link to your cowtrial.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Highwang posted:

Cattle driiiiiiiive

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Night10194 posted:

Play more modded Mount and Blade. It is so good. So, so good.

You forgot the important bit.

NuminaXLT
Nov 11, 2002
If you're still recruiting I'd like to be a Highwayman, Arbalest, or Antiquarian

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

whowhatwhere posted:

You forgot the important bit.

Seriously, try the Floris mod. If I remember right it EVEN FIXES CATTLE DRIVES.

Enough about M&B, sorry for the derail. Just one of my favorite games.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Night10194 posted:

Play more Mount and Blade. It is so good. So, so good.

Incidentally, do you have a link to your cowtrial.

Master the brutal arithmetic of feasting and herding in this Mount & Blade LP!

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!

Wayne posted:

Cheat. :smug:

Seriously though, you can dig through your DD folders and find the stage_coach, and open the file in Notepad and change the unit cap each upgrade gives you. Ben and I ended up going up to 36. We mostly use it for alternates (like I think we have 2 musketeers plus one arbalest) and to do gimmicks, like one recent video where he hired 3 jesters fresh off the coach and an antiquarian to go on a dark run to see if they'd make it out or not.

And? How'd it go?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Vanilla cattle drives are fine if you're pressing space to pass time without moving. :shrug:

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Nuramor posted:

And? How'd it go?

It was a blow for comedy in the hamlet.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
If you dislike the hunger system so much, could you just modify a file somewhere to set the chance of it triggering to 0%?

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

A Curvy Goonette posted:

If you dislike the hunger system so much, could you just modify a file somewhere to set the chance of it triggering to 0%?
It's a map feature (like hallway curios and traps and such), so you could change the dungeon generator scripts to never generate a "hunger" feature. Unlike the purely cosmetic string table changes though that'd change the game balance so I'm not sure it'd be appropriate for an LP v:shobon:v

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

Bonfire Lit posted:

It's a map feature (like hallway curios and traps and such), so you could change the dungeon generator scripts to never generate a "hunger" feature. Unlike the purely cosmetic string table changes though that'd change the game balance so I'm not sure it'd be appropriate for an LP v:shobon:v

That's honestly my mindset for this LP, and in general. Sure I can mod it, but it won't feel like the genuine experience.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I need to catch a Highwang stream one day. They look fun.

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself

Nuramor posted:

And? How'd it go?

I actually uploaded it and was about to link in case anyone wanted to just watch it, when I realized it's post-Darkest Dungeon (1st one done), so spoilers. :doh: Long story short, we don't lose anybody, but there were some very close calls and a lot of teasing of Ben when he realized he forgot to buy Finale or Dirk Stab on one of the jesters, and antiquarians can't heal once they get to rank 1 or 2; so he had to spend more time moving and trying to manage HP than we planned. It was pretty intense!

Grapplejack posted:

The comic is pretty explicit about MaA being the sole survivor of one of the canon's strikes, I think? If I'm reading it right, that particular comic is kind of messy.

Yeah, I like the backstory comics as a way of setting mood, but they don't really do it for me as, y'know, backstory. :v: Like the Grave Robber one; all it did was show she used to have money and a sweet house and now she doesn't, and you could gather that from her barks and the patches on her clothes. The Occultist's was cool, though, and if they really did imply Dismas killed Reynauld's family, that's a neat way of connecting the stories that makes them actually amount to something.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Is there a way to substitute some of those new darkest dungeon narrator twitch quotes into the actual game?

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I'm yet another person who was inspired by your lp to start playing the game again. I ended up beating the last remaining non-Darkest Dungeon boss I had left, The Drowned Crew. That was an interesting fight, but since you haven't gotten to them yet I'll keep quiet.

If you're still open put me down for either a(n) Arbalest, Bounty Hunter, or Crusader.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Also: Arbalest and Occultist are like bestest buddies. That Bandage buff helps his heal a lot and he can Mark for her, too.

This I have discovered due to being inspired to play again.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Night10194 posted:

Also: Arbalest and Occultist are like bestest buddies. That Bandage buff helps his heal a lot and he can Mark for her, too.

This I have discovered due to being inspired to play again.

Even better, if she can't take down a rank 3/4 enemy in one go he can usually finish them off with the knife or tentacles.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Aaaargh last night I had a painfully close first run in the Darkest Dungeon that ended in a full party wipe with the Shuffling Horror 1-2 hits away from dying :( My heroes were champs and tanked like 16 Death's Door hits across the four of them, but in the end it wasn't enough.

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Oct 13, 2016

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

ousire posted:

Pretty much sums up the entire backstory.

FrankZP
Nov 11, 2015

AIGHT SHITBIRDS, IT'S EXPLOSION TIME!
I want the last line of the ending to just be "It's called... the Aristocrats!"

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Tarezax posted:

Aaaargh last night I had a painfully close first run in the Darkest Dungeon that ended in a full party wipe with the Shuffling Horror 1-2 hits away from dying :( My heroes were champs and tanked like 16 Death's Door hits across the four of them, but in the end it wasn't enough.

Probably best to spoil any Darkest Dungeon talk.

Hey, it would be more surprising to make it past a DD unscathed than otherwise. Take that knowledge about the enemies and the boss and keep going.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

KozmoNaut posted:

Pretty much sums up the entire backstory.

At no point in the entire story will the Ancestor make anything but the worst possible decisions.

You have to TRY to gently caress up as badly as the Ancestor. And the best part is he's so casual about it. "Well, better dump these hybrid pig-boy demons down into the sewers, nothing bad that can come of that." He's less Lovecraft and more Krieger.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Night10194 posted:

At no point in the entire story will the Ancestor make anything but the worst possible decisions.

You have to TRY to gently caress up as badly as the Ancestor. And the best part is he's so casual about it. "Well, better dump these hybrid pig-boy demons down into the sewers, nothing bad that can come of that." He's less Lovecraft and more Krieger.

I'm a ways further ahead from the LP and I'm killing all rank 3 bosses. Holy gently caress are those final reveals of how the prophet etc came to be awful.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

double nine posted:

I'm a ways further ahead from the LP and I'm killing all rank 3 bosses. Holy gently caress are those final reveals of how the prophet etc came to be awful.

Yeah. I keep expecting it to turn out that he also created Medieval European Godzilla or something like that because why the gently caress not at this point.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Night10194 posted:

Aww, Piggly 12-thru-2833.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Aww, Piggly 12-thru-2833.

:golfclap:

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Highwang you should replace Cytokenisis with Clone Bone in your mod.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Gym badge day is a VERY dangerous day!

White Coke posted:

Highwang you should replace Cytokenisis with Clone Bone in your mod.

Surely, you mean "Skelly Jelly". :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Dooky Dingo posted:

Surely, you mean "Skelly Jelly". :colbert:

Then it wouldn't be an Archer reference. http://shop.fxnetworks.com/archer-clone-bone-t-shirt/detail.php?p=872765

• Locked thread