Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

decypher posted:

Jock-Jizz

I legitimately can't tell if this is the best or worst nickname

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

pubic works project posted:

He's covering Kelce

Then yeah I'd do it. Wouldn't see much point if you were streaming weekly since you'd probably drop quizzboy

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

MacheteZombie posted:

Then yeah I'd do it. Wouldn't see much point if you were streaming weekly since you'd probably drop quizzboy

Or I could drop Spencer Ware.

Wang
Apr 10, 2003

dance dance ferret revolution

pubic works project posted:

Or I could drop Spencer Ware.

Don't drop Ware. He's an elite level handcuff like DeAngelo Williams.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Wang posted:

Don't drop Ware. He's an elite level handcuff like DeAngelo Williams.

Probably even more valuable, since Charles hasn't proved he's back yet.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
What's the view on Devontae Booker currently?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

VietCampo posted:

Outlook is good.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Forever_Peace posted:

Outlook is good.

I'll admit I only caught pieces of the ATL-DEN game, was CJ really that bad yesterday? I know Booker got more touches than previous games but isn't that because he's the passing back and they were down 20-3?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
CJA is doing that thing where he has a few bad games in a row and the coaches keep teasing a committee with a younger guy. So by the time you finally drop him he's putting up big games again and makes everyone buy into "breakout" hype the next offseason.

This is CJA's gimmick by now.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Benne posted:

CJA is doing that thing where he has a few bad games in a row and the coaches keep teasing a committee with a younger guy. So by the time you finally drop him he's putting up big games again and makes everyone buy into "breakout" hype the next offseason.

This is CJA's gimmick by now.

They are more invested long term in Booker than CJA. If Booker can just not Montee Ball his opportunities, he could take over that starting spot by the end of the season if CJA let's up.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Sataere posted:

They are more invested long term in Booker than CJA. If Booker can just not Montee Ball his opportunities, he could take over that starting spot by the end of the season if CJA let's up.

I don't know if i'd say for a fact they are more invested long term in Booker over CJA.

CJA is only a year older than Booker and he's signed for a not so crazy contract currently through 2020.

Sure he could become the starting RB by seasons end, but he could also flame out once he's given a chance at the starting role. Though i haven't been following the Broncos RB situation for a while as it seemed like a headache for a long time.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Should I drop Rashad Jennings for Arian Foster? I think it's kind of a no-brainer

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Fat Lowtax posted:

Should I drop Rashad Jennings for Arian Foster? I think it's kind of a no-brainer

I would not.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

VietCampo posted:

I don't know if i'd say for a fact they are more invested long term in Booker over CJA.

CJA is only a year older than Booker and he's signed for a not so crazy contract currently through 2020.

Sure he could become the starting RB by seasons end, but he could also flame out once he's given a chance at the starting role. Though i haven't been following the Broncos RB situation for a while as it seemed like a headache for a long time.

They spent a 4th round pick on Booker. That means they are hoping he will develop into a starter. They also matched a front loaded contract and paid to do so, but it is more than likely they did it to make sure running back isn't a question mark this season, with the turnover they had on their roster.

Yeah, his contract is reasonable for a running back, but they can free up 3m in cap space with no dead money if they cut him next year for Booker. I personally think CJA is a dead man walking. I just don't know that it impacts this fantasy season.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Fat Lowtax posted:

Unless you love having a person in an IR slot, I don't think Foster is going to be playing more than 3-4 games this year....that groin keeps nagging him and that's not even the half of his injury history

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

I just got offered Olsen straight up for Demaryius Thomas in 8 team .5 ppr.

My other WRs - Julio, Evans, Thomas, T Benjamin, W Snead
TEs: Z Miller, J Witten
RBs : Gordon, Mccoy, Ingram, Crowell, T.West

I am thinking do this trade right? Mostly use the extra RB for my flex so Thomas only seen field once..

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

MoPZiG posted:

I just got offered Olsen straight up for Demaryius Thomas in 8 team .5 ppr.

My other WRs - Julio, Evans, Thomas, T Benjamin, W Snead
TEs: Z Miller, J Witten
RBs : Gordon, Mccoy, Ingram, Crowell, T.West

I am thinking do this trade right? Mostly use the extra RB for my flex so Thomas only seen field once..

What are your starting slots? How do your lineups look before and after the trade?

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Sataere posted:

What are your starting slots? How do your lineups look before and after the trade?

WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, FX

The guys trading is winless, his best WR is Jeremy Maclin.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Before the week finishes, in my money league, Im 8th out of 10 with the 2nd Highest points for and the highest points against (by a crazy high margin). I thought I was just being paranoid that I was just facing guys who were playing all the randoms that got 25+ points every week, but nah, that's exactly the case.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

MoPZiG posted:

WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, FX

The guys trading is winless, his best WR is Jeremy Maclin.

Homestly, I am not sure how much of an upgrade that is for you. You are giving up a WR1 for a very slight improvement at TE. If you make that trade, you are counting on Crowell, Gordon and McCoy to all stay healthy/good and hoping Evans/Jones stay healthy all season.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I goddamn hate Randall Cobb.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
Nm

decypher fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Oct 11, 2016

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

So I am down 2 and done, where my opponent has the Panthers D left. So I need the bucs to get like 50 pts and 600 yds...

Welp.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Arcturas posted:

So I am down 2 and done, where my opponent has the Panthers D left. So I need the bucs to get like 50 pts and 600 yds...

Welp.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Arcturas posted:

Welp.

I need the carolina defense to lose like 7 points so I'm with ya

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Is Dez Bryant completely dead or something because the Dez owner in my league just dropped him. :stare:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I just needed Greg Olsen to score under 29 points going into tonight.

gently caress you Greg. gently caress you and you're goddamn beard.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

Is Dez Bryant completely dead or something because the Dez owner in my league just dropped him. :stare:

He's supposedly week to week but nobody really knows when he'll be back. But that means he's still worthy of a bench spot in all formats.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

VietCampo posted:

His snaps are increasing every week and he's on the verge of being in a full on timeshare with CJ Anderson, who was in one last year with Ronnie Hillman (who isn't as talented as Booker). If I was an Anderson owner I would pick Booker up. If you're not an Anderson owner, I'd pick Booker up if I had room on my bench, but I doubt Booker will fully eclipse Anderson at any point in the season. It will be an RBBC though.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I just needed Greg Olsen to score under 29 points going into tonight.

gently caress you Greg. gently caress you and you're goddamn beard.

I didn't even need Olsen to score tonight and he padded the score by another 30.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I'm a happy Olsen owner who considered benching him because I had a narrow lead and "just in case"

Welp I made the right decision

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So, time to cut ties on Rawls, right? Thinking I drop him and Gates (I've got Walker) and load up on Alfred Morris and Mike Gilsele lotto tickets.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
How soon is too soon to snap up Dion Lewis before he's activated again?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I have Lewis rostered in my two important leagues already. If you have roster trash, grab and stash.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Can I put a PUP-R in an IR spot in yahoo leagues? I mean, I'll probably grab Lewis regardless, but it'd be a matter of keeping Abdullah or not.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

TUS posted:

Can I put a PUP-R in an IR spot in yahoo leagues? I mean, I'll probably grab Lewis regardless, but it'd be a matter of keeping Abdullah or not.

Yes. IR, PUP, & O are all eligible for the IR spot in Yahoo.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

89 posted:

So, time to cut ties on Rawls, right? Thinking I drop him and Gates (I've got Walker) and load up on Alfred Morris and Mike Gilsele lotto tickets.

Rawls is a better Stash than Gillislee.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

89 posted:

I wouldn't unless you would need to start both Morris and Gillsele. Maybe try to trade Rawls to whoever owns CMike.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Cervixalot posted:

Rawls is a better Stash than Gillislee.

Probably my take too, but it's close. In ppr I would probably be OK dropping Rawls for the likes of Booker or Bilal unless I was 5-0 and only interested in playoff upside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

Week Five Waiver Wire Targets
Y'all know the drill by now. Must be 50% owned or less on Yahoo in order to be listed. Rankings are intended for full ppr leagues. Players are discussed in order of how much I like them, followed by "spot start" rankings and "long term" rankings.

WR
Cole Beasley (DAL) - Continues to be a solid ppr guy and continues to be on our WW list for like the millionth week in a row. As the slot guy, we said we didn't expect a Dez absense to increase his volume much (and it actually has gone down since the Dez injury), but in full ppr he is a good bye-week guy depending on matchups, particularly if you need the floor. Low volume to Cruz for the past two weeks bumps Beasley up to the top of the list.

Jamison Crowder (WAS) - Back on our list after a bunch of folks dropped him. If you get return yard points, Crowder had an awesome game with an 85-yard touchdown return. I still believe in both the talent and the opportunity, but the matchup this week against the Eagles is probably not one you want to be starting him in. Competitive leagues, you want him on your bench now, but casual leagues can probably stand to risk leaving him on the wire for another week.

Victor Cruz (NYG) - We still like the snap counts, volume, efficiency, touchdown upside, and matchups for Cruz (in terms of coverage, not necessarily teams), but the goose egg this week hurts. Moved down a bit. Expect a bounce-back.

Sammie Coates (PIT) - A boom/bust guy, also with a cannon-armed quarterback. Has been slowly developing his route tree and has all the physical tools in the world, but managed to contribute three bad drops this past week en route to his biggest game of the season. Probably the better upside play than Hogan, but a goose egg could happen at any time.

Chris Hogan (NE) - Was only the 5th look on this offense, but Tom Brady looks on loving point and you might as well grab his deep threat as he tears the NFL a new one. Boom/Bust output makes him better in standard leagues, Tome Brady makes him better than most other boom/bust guys.

Corey Coleman (CLE) - Out 1-3 more weeks. Gordon is gone and Pryor has been inefficient - it's not unlikely that Coleman resumes his role as the #1 receiver in a funslinging offense. Great upside play. Downside: the QB situation, Pryor could be for real, lol browns.

Jeremy Kerley (SF) - Has been in our "guys to watch" for a few weeks, but he's ready for the big boy list. Chip Kelly slot guy magic.

Cameron Meredith (CHI) - Took the Kevin White targets against a dire secondary, with Eddie Royal also banged up. Had a banner day with 12/9/130/1, but also had 2 fumbles. I would not expect this kind of target load every week, but he had enough talent to stick around on the roster as an UDFA for a second year. Nice speculative upside add with Alshon turned into a pumpkin.

Others: Robert Woods (BUF - has taken the Sammy targets, but the Bills just don't throw that much and Woods will now start facing #1 corners and has limited TD upside), Adam Humphries (TB - slot guy in a high-volume offense but has been fading a bit as the season continues), Kenny Britt (LA - has been very efficient with a reasonable target load, worth a look), Tyreek Hill (KC - was also an honorable mention two weeks ago and looked great since, but got most of his targets in garbage time and then went on a bye. Keep an eye on this one!), Anquon Boldin (DET - The rare slot guy that is also a primary red zone target. Only really viable in ppr thanks to the low target depth, but the combination of a ppr floor and touchdown upside make him a decent bye-week guy), Adam Thielen (MIN - filled in admirably for Diggs and looks great but now has a bye and will return to lower on the totem poll with Diggs back), Jaelen Strong (HOU - targets have been trending up every week, could have a great game against IND this week).

note: BAL turned over the offense to their quarterback coach this week, Marty Mornhinweg. Marty wants to get more efficient through the air and will probably run the ball a bit more. This would have been great news for Steve Smith if he hadn't hurt his ankle this week. He's a tough SoB so he might be a decent trade target if it's just a low sprain, but in the meantime, Breshad Perriman might be worth a speculative flier. But I'd expect the biggest change to occur in the backfield, with a bigger emphasis on RB involvement in the passing game. Problem is, we don't really know who they like. Buck Allen can certainly catch but is a really weird running back, Dixon can probably catch but his health is unknown, and West can maybe catch to a mediocre extent. Really this whole offense is in flux.

Spot Start rankings: Beasley, Coates, Woods, Kerley, Hogan, Cruz, Crowder.
Long-term rankings: Beasley, Crowder, Cruz, Coates, Coleman, Hogan, Humphries, Hill, Strong, Perriman.

RB
Bilal Powell (NYJ) - Was our #1 handcuff two weeks ago and our #1 overall RB pickup last week, and has now straight-up outscored Forte for three consecutive weeks. Bilal can run, catch, and protect well enough to be a middling every-down guy. Has standalone value in the timeshare and bigtime upside in the case of a Forte injury (he will not "win" the job in a timeshare, though - Forte is here to stay and is the likely RB1 going forward).

Devontae Booker (DEN) - Has been a mainstay on our WW rankings for weeks now as a handcuff ("I believe in the Kubiak run game"), but this week was a real good look or him. Has been significantly more efficient than CJA and appears to have worked his way into a timeshare. Great upside, possible standalone value, and remember, we saw CJA occasionally lose games to Hillman last year.

Bobby Rainey (NYG) - Last week we said "did not look good last night, but has the pass-catching chops to be a factor and Paul Perkins was an absolute disaster in pass protection. Eli likes having a hands guy when going no-tempo, and Rainey is the closest thing they have to Vereen." Verdict: yuuuuuuup.

Kenneth Dixon (BAL) - Highly touted rookie returning from injury to turbulent backfield. The lack of a clear starter opens a path to some work, but he'll still face an uphill battle to become fantasy relevant this year. He'll have to a) be as good as we think he is, b) make up for lost practice time, c) come back without reaggrivating the knee, and d) be consistent enough to "win" out in the timeshare. West is likely to be the better producer this month, but Dixon still has plenty of upside if you like stashing lottery tickets.

James White (NE) - Brady is back y'all. White is not very good, but Brady's checkdown guy is valuable nonetheless. Also has some big-play upside. Basically I'm still sad this isn't Lewis, but whatever, I'll take the knockoff version anyways.

Chris Thompson (WAS) - Passing-down back in a pass-happy offense, but Jones has been picking up steam. Has been a fixture low on my WW lists for a while now, and will probably stay low unless Jones starts to falter.

Fozzy Whittaker (CAR) - Pass-catching acumen should help him retain a role even after JStew returns this week, and the hammie can easily cause nagging issues all season for JStew.

Dion Lewis (NE) - I still don't expect him to do much of anything until after the week 9 bye, after which he has runins with the Seahawks, Jets, Rams, and Broncos. But the upside is inheriting both the Blount role and the White role (or, more precisely, the Ridley + Vereen role from a few years ago) in a Tom Brady offense. Looked like a top running back when healthy last year. Would not pick up yet unless you are a) full ppr, and b) have an IR spot.

Mike Gillislee (BUF) - Bills run a lot and like to use a workhorse. Gillislee has looked sharp in limited snaps. High-value handcuff.

Others: Alf (DAL - Cowboys offensive line is still pretty good, as is Alf, but the backfield probably becomes a timeshare with Dunbar if Zeke goes down), Asiata (MIN - as usual, boom/bust TD and passing work upside), Dwayne Washington (DET - Is now limping around with both a sprained foot and a high-ankle sprain, but maybe he can fall over for a touchdown if he plays because Theo can't run inside for poo poo), James Starks (GB - if Lacy is hurt, which it looks like he probably isn't very hurt, Starks could be a desperation flex for a week or two, but at this point he's a little gassed), Karlos Williams (Unsigned - Has now served his entire suspension and is eligible to play if signed. Extremely unlikely to be startable this year, but it's a fun chance to look like a genius to your friends if it does pan out).

note: I didn't forget about Ajayi (Foster is the guy when healthy - save the jokes, I'm aware of the health risk - and Ajayi is not good), CAP (JStew is back), Quizz (Martin is probably back), Jalen (not enough volume to trust yet but one to keep an eye on), Ivory (used to be one of my favorite runners but I haven't had a chance to watch him since his mystery illness - statline is not looking good).

Spot start rankings: Fozzy (against NO), Rainey, White, Bilal, Thompson, Asiata.
Long-term rankings: Bilal, Booker, Dixon, Rainey, White, Lewis, Gillislee, Thompson, Dwayne, Alf.

Forever_Peace fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Oct 11, 2016

• Locked thread