Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Scribblehatch posted:

Treat people with dignity. But joke about whatever you want. But please, please work on your material.

Agreeable?

You are a loving neutron star

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Scribblehatch posted:

Two words. 'Really' and 'why'. Exhausting.

Yes actually its exhausting for someone to have explain why mocking trans people isn't funny because that should be common sense.

Literally everyone posting in this thread right now thinks you are being incomprehensible and obnoxious. Maybe you should learn something from that.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Tracer would look cute with a second trimester tummy under that jacket

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Scribblehatch posted:

Really? Why?

In case it isn't extremely clear:

quote:

Please do not make transwomen the punchline to lame joke
has a different meaning than

quote:

Please do not make a lame joke
because the first sentence takes issue with the idea that the joke is literally "this is what a transwomen looks like. [Penis on a lady = funny]" and also with the fact that it was literally the knee-jerk first idea the other poster had to draw

The second sentence, however implies only that making any kind of low-effort jokes is bad, which is not the intended meaning whatsoever

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

We all can make you go gently caress silly myself, I think that it is necessary to graffiti to relax.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wants to gently caress robots 2 posted:

Tracer would look cute with a second trimester tummy under that jacket

it doesn't matter how much you lean into being a creepy rear end in a top hat with no filter, you're still a creepy rear end in a top hat with no filter

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

Anything can be funny.

Anything.

And no concept is dead on arrival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k3X-kGgS_I

quote:

Literally everyone posting in this thread right now thinks you are being incomprehensible and obnoxious
Oh yeah, all 5 of the people posting. 4 of whom NEVER post here unless there's an argument happening. Show us your art, will ya

Scribblehatch fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Oct 11, 2016

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Alaois posted:

it doesn't matter how much you lean into being a creepy rear end in a top hat with no filter, you're still a creepy rear end in a top hat with no filter

excuse me, pregnant women are gorgeous.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Scribblehatch posted:

Anything can be funny.

Anything.

And no concept is dead on arrival.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k3X-kGgS_I

The savages are upon me
and I feel my flesh
Burn
beneath the teeth
of their indifference

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
now we're at comparing mocking trans women to mocking...dog poop? ok

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

mutata posted:

The savages are upon me
and I feel my flesh
Burn
beneath the teeth
of their indifference
I don't understand!
I don't understand this post!
What does it mean?!
Um, uhh... Twitter chatbot! Something or other!
Da vinci code joke!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Scribblehatch posted:

I don't understand!
I don't understand this post!
What does it mean?!
Um, uhh... Twitter chatbot! Something or other!
Da vinci code joke!

• One 16-foot-long high-speed multi-shielded USB 2.0 A-Male to B-Male cable
• Connects mice, keyboards, and speed-critical devices, such as external hard drives, printers, and cameras to your computer
• Constructed with corrosion-resistant, gold-plated connectors for optimal signal

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

Troposphere posted:

now we're at comparing mocking trans women to mocking...dog poop? ok
Well you weren't really getting your hooks into that "treat people with dignity" thing, were you?

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Scribblehatch posted:

Well you weren't really getting your hooks into that "treat people with dignity" thing, were you?

yeah dude I'm definitely the person who has issues with treating people with dignity

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

Odd. That didn't strike me as sarcastic at all.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
oh OH I get it... we've all been owend

poo poo

gently caress

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Scribblehatch posted:

Why aren't people given the benefit of the doubt that they aren't sexist or racist, and don't see transgendered folk as lesser people?

There's just no point getting very specific. Lame jokes always suck.

Consult your nearest box of popsicles for proof.

Dude. Seriously Dude. I'm gonna be serious here. That is not what you said.

When you say you are taking all of the "modern nouns" like transwoman out of the statement, you imply that transpeople are a modern invention, that is you are saying that before now they did not exist. I want to believe that is not what you meant but that's what the words you string together said. There are plenty of people out there who say this and mean it 100% (and these people often say the same about gay people too) and it is indeed a very offensive statement. If you don't see how your words might be seen in that way, it might be a language issue which is why people are asking if English is your first language. Words matter, communication matters, context matters. You are an artist! Visual communication is what we do and you should understand the importance of good communication.

If people take something in a way that you didn't intend that sucks but doubling down will never help. An apology and an effort to fix it will work much better. Just a little humility and a willingness to approach something from another person's point of view goes a long loving way.

Also using a marginalized group as the punch line of a joke is a special kind of irredeemable awful and some lame jokes (dad jokes made by an actual dad for instance) are really endearing. So I don't know how you can put those two things in the same category. Again, context is really important.

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

Is that what you imagined someone saying? Weird.

quote:

When you say you are taking all of the "modern nouns" like transwoman out of the statement, you imply that transpeople are a modern invention,
The words are modern. And be real. They are.

I am a pedantic gently caress.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Scribblehatch posted:

this is what effort posting at him gets you

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Scribblehatch posted:

The words are modern. And be real. They are.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

JuniperCake posted:

Dude. Seriously Dude. I'm gonna be serious here. That is not what you said.

When you say you are taking all of the "modern nouns" like transwoman out of the statement, you imply that transpeople are a modern invention, that is you are saying that before now they did not exist. I want to believe that is not what you implied but that's what the words you string together said. There are plenty of people out there who say this and mean it 100% (and these people often say the same about gay people too) and it is indeed a very offensive statement. If you don't see how your words might be seen in that way, it might be a language issue which is why people are asking if English is your first language. Words matter, communication matters, context matters. You are an artist! Visual communication is what we do and you should understand the importance of good communication.

If people take something in a way that you didn't intend that sucks but doubling down will never help. An apology and an effort to fix it will work much better. Just a little humility and a willingness to approach something from another person's point of view goes a long loving way.

Also using a marginalized group as the punch line of a joke is a special kind of irredeemable awful and some lame jokes (dad jokes made by an actual dad for instance) are really endearing. So I don't know how you can put those two things in the same category. Again, context is really important.

im sorry, can you phrase this post in the form of a big tittie lady? that's something scribblehatch can understand

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

Troposphere posted:

this is what effort posting at him gets you

I hit post a millisecond after Juniper's post, not feeling a need to put Nuns' post in quotation.

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

quote:

An apology and an effort to fix it will work much better.
Oh do not lie to people about this. Apologies put blood in the water.

No one should apologize when they aren't wrong.

EDIT: Wow I just hit quote instead of edit. Dammit.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Scribblehatch posted:

are you convinced you're still posting on 4chan right now

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Scribblehatch posted:

I am a pedantic gently caress.

"I am a gently caress"

Less is more...

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Scribblehatch posted:

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Scribblehatch posted:

I hit post a millisecond after Juniper's post, not feeling a need to put Nuns' post in quotation.

Mmmmhmhm it was all my plan all along to make you look dumb :twisted:

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Scribblehatch posted:

You should only apologize when you feel like you've made a mistake, absolutely. So if you don't understand how certain things you've said are really offensive and hurtful then yeah, don't apologize. People have made an effort here (at least originally) to try to help you see things from their point of view but if you can't see it, you can't see it. Maybe you will one day, maybe never, who knows.

Also if you see apologies as "blood in the water" then I don't know man. I certainly hope you don't feel that way about real life interactions. Trying to understand other people, being kind and apologizing when you are in the wrong are pretty important for having healthy and stable relationships. I can understand you not wanting to put the effort in internet conversation but I hope you do in real life cause well, that's going to hurt you more than anyone else in the long run.

Anyways, that's it for me.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
hold on when was putting a dick on a girl mocking transwomen? my girlfriend would probably be baffled at this conversation.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Diabetes Forecast posted:

hold on when was putting a dick on a girl mocking transwomen? my girlfriend would probably be baffled at this conversation.

putting a dick on a girl in an attempt to own a lesbian as a joke is transphobic and childish

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

JuniperCake posted:

Also if you see apologies as "blood in the water" then I don't know man.
Every apology over a non-issue just sets a bad precedent and makes things way worse.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
Dear Santa, what I want most for Xmas is for everyone else in this thread to sober up enough to realize that they need to ignore internet superstar scribblehatch's posts (there is a handy ignore button you can click if you lack the mental fortitude to play the Internet on hard mode), either as its own virtuous act, or combined with the secondary -but also virtuous- act of clicking on the 'report post' button.

That, scribble, is how one makes a communicative, intelligible, and witty post using English as if you are a native speaker of it. Not by doing whatever it is you are doing right now.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Troposphere posted:

putting a dick on a girl in an attempt to own a lesbian as a joke is transphobic and childish

I'm... not really gonna agree with that. sometimes a penis is just a penis and adding a penis as a joke is just adding a penis as a joke.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

I'm... not really gonna agree with that. sometimes a penis is just a penis and adding a penis as a joke is just adding a penis as a joke.

I have talked to plenty of trans women who feel otherwise

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

thank you for your authority on the matter, guy who bolts titties onto a robot so he can masturbate to them

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Troposphere posted:

I have talked to plenty of trans women who feel otherwise

And I have many who think otherwise, one of which is the person I love, thanks.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

And I have many who think otherwise, one of which is the person I love, thanks.

different people feel different ways, that doesn't make an action okay if it is hurting someone

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Is this really the hill you want to die on

I'm baffled by what some people feel the need to defend.

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

Troposphere posted:

different people feel different ways, that doesn't make an action okay if it is hurting someone
I hate reality TV.

When it comes on, I turn it off. And I clear those moments of me seeing it from my mind. The rest of my day goes pretty well.

Reality TV didn't hate me. I just didn't care for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Troposphere posted:

Not everything is hurtful/funny/indifferent to someone as it is for others, and learning to understand that not everyone has to react the way you do to something is kind of an important thing.

People been adding dicks to things longer than this was a concept anyway.