Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Implying a penis on a woman is funny by virtue of absurdity or incongruity is hurtful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Diabetes Forecast posted:

Not everything is hurtful/funny/indifferent to someone as it is for others, and learning to understand that not everyone has to react the way you do to something is kind of an important thing.

invalidating someone's hurt because you think it's not a big deal is a really lovely thing to do

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Scribblehatch posted:

I hate reality TV.

When it comes on, I turn it off. And I clear those moments of me seeing it from my mind. The rest of my day goes pretty well.

Reality TV didn't hate me. I just didn't care for it.

transphobia- just turn it off! it's like television!

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

Implying a penis on a woman is funny by virtue of absurdity or incongruity is hurtful.
Alright say you put it in luggage.

Troposphere posted:

transphobia- just turn it off! it's like television!
But it's not transphobia if the person making the joke wasn't afraid of them, and didn't hate them.

The hell?

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Troposphere posted:

invalidating someone's hurt because you think it's not a big deal is a really lovely thing to do

it's not invalidating anything, where do you get it has to invalidate someone?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

it's not invalidating anything, where do you get it has to invalidate someone?

the gently caress else are you doing by constantly shooting back with "well MY GIRLFRIEND doesn't think so"

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
it's called different strokes for different folks. we been saying this poo poo for like what a century by now?

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Scribblehatch posted:

But it's not transphobia if the person making the joke wasn't afraid of them, and didn't hate them.

The hell?

I don't even know where to start with this

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Not everything is hurtful/funny/indifferent to someone as it is for others, and learning to understand that not everyone has to react the way you do to something is kind of an important thing.

People been adding dicks to things longer than this was a concept anyway.

it's called different strokes for different folks. we been saying this poo poo for like what a century by now?

Look at it this way; there may be situations in which sticking a dick on a lady is funny and has nothing to do with mocking trans people. However, in the vast majority of cases, the intent of doing so is to say "haha that person you thought was a lady is actually a guy! isn't that gross?". Trans people have to deal with those kind of "jokes" on a regular basis as casual discrimination against them is still seen as acceptable in many places, especially online.

So its totally understandable that a trans person would interpret a dick being put on a woman as mocking them, cause in most cases it would be. Rather than be pedantic about this you should look at it from their perspective and have some empathy.

I cannot believe I have to post this.

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

Troposphere posted:

I don't even know where to start with this
So don't, I guess. Just like all the other times you didn't.

But be sure to tell me that. Like all the other times you did.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Scribblehatch posted:

So don't, I guess. Just like all the other times you didn't.

But be sure to tell me that. Like all the other times you did.

if she did you just wouldn't respond or say some incomprehensible one-liner so what's the loving point

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
you just posted a penny arcade comic as an example of humor and said you can only be transphobic if you're scared or hate trans people

I almost think the penny arcade thing is the worst offense

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Internet Kraken posted:

So its totally understandable that a trans person would interpret a dick being put on a woman as mocking them, cause in most cases it would be. Rather than be pedantic about this you should look at it from their perspective and have some empathy.

I cannot believe I have to post this.

Elsa was joking about putting dongs on videogame characters I can't believe this discussion is happening in the first place. there was literally no intent to put down anybody??

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
The difference between a reality television program and Actual Reality is that when one consistantly harms you, you can turn it off and walk away, and the other is Your Entire Life.

Also note, many Trans* individuals DO attempt to turn off Actual Reality when it constantly harms them, which is why the group has an absurdly disproportionate rate of drug abuse and suicide.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Elsa was joking about putting dongs on videogame characters I can't believe this discussion is happening in the first place. there was literally no intent to put down anybody??

except he literally said he wanted to do it to "trample a nice thing" he's doing for me. to offend me by putting dicks on them

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

Troposphere posted:

and said you can only be transphobic if you're scared or hate trans people
YOU.
loving.
NAILED IT.

For once, that's PRECISELY what I meant and you didn't misrepresent me in the slightest.

And we just disagree.

Well, okay!

I'll take it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Scribblehatch posted:

YOU.
loving.
NAILED IT.

For once, that's PRECISELY what I meant and you didn't misrepresent me in the slightest.

And we just disagree.

Well, okay!

I'll take it.

And it's the stupidest loving thing you've said in the whole thread

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Scribblehatch posted:

This is a bad joke about dildos or something which, while also not funny, is a different subject matter than Trans* people, and therefor not Transphobic.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Scribblehatch posted:

YOU.
loving.
NAILED IT.

And we just disagree.

Well, okay!

I'll take it.

do you seriously believe the world is that black and white

do you think you can only be homophobic if you're scared of or hate gay people

what is wrong with you

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

My entire point was that those kind of jokes often are done WITH the intent of mocking trans people. So even if in this case it wasn't, its totally understandable that someone would be bothered by it.

Its also just not loving funny so really why do you feel the need to defend this?

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Troposphere posted:

except he literally said he wanted to do it to "trample a nice thing" he's doing for me. to offend me by putting dicks on them

yeah but like
you get offended real easy it's not hard to do that

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

Troposphere posted:

do you think you can only be homophobic if you're scared of or hate gay people
Yes!

Precisely!

That's the only way it is!

I am not straight, and that's exactly it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

it's really not that hard to not offend someone you just have to like

not be an insanely gross creep??????

and yet this is somehow and insurmountable hurdle?????????????

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

yeah but like

and you're the person who threw a fit and paid money to change your name when an admin goofed on you so maybe you shouldn't be talking

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Scribblehatch posted:

Yes!

Precisely!

hi milo, how's it going after getting banned from twitter

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

yeah but like

I'm offended by how dense you are.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Troposphere posted:

and you're the person who threw a fit and paid money to change your name when an admin goofed on you so maybe you shouldn't be talking

I could've gone the other way entirely and just bought an avatar of your sexy robot drawing which I'll probly do if it gets changed again.
infact let's just welcome this bring on robot fucker v2.0

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Scribblehatch posted:

Yes!

Precisely!

you are insanely dumb

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Alaois posted:

it's really not that hard to not offend someone you just have to like

not be an insanely gross creep??????

and yet this is somehow and insurmountable hurdle?????????????

the only creep I see is that breakdancing weirdo in your avatar here like god who gets a mohawk like that?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the only creep I see is that breakdancing weirdo in your avatar here like god who gets a mohawk like that?

you shut your loving mouth about Duck King

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

Troposphere posted:

you are insanely dumb
I'm glad you understand my actual stance. But now knowing it, with ZERO misrepresentation, is this all you got?

This sounds like a kid who is stalling for time when asked a math question "Omg that's like so easy. I can't believe you're asking that" all the while doing the math in their head. Only here, you... never answer.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

Alaois posted:

you shut your loving mouth about Duck King

Only a total mook would get a hairdo like that
Which is perfectly normal considering he is a total mook

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
let Obama know the quest for the ninth Supreme Justice is ongoing itt

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Scribblehatch posted:

Yes!

Precisely!

I'm not an active member of the Nazi Party, and in fact am circumsized, so when I say all Jews should be thrown into a execution pit and burned, it's not antisemitic.

e: I'm concerned that my above statement will somehow not be understood so let me be clear- it's a facetious parallel to your arguement, meant to demonstrate the absurdity of your position

fuck. marry. t-rex fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Oct 11, 2016

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

Tropo, do you know what PHOBIA means?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

WEBSTERS DICTIONARY STATES *gets dumped into a garbage can*

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Scribblehatch posted:

Tropo, do you know what PHOBIA means?

yeah and that's not what it means when used after trans and homo you pedantic idiot

Ive experienced so much homophobic horrific poo poo from people who, if you asked them, would say they don't hate(or are afraid of) gay people. that doesn't make the things they did or said any less homophobic

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
Why are there so many dudes in Fist of the North Star with mohawks like c'mon there's other hairdos guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scribblehatch
Jun 15, 2013

Troposphere posted:

yeah and that's not what it means when used after trans and homo you pedantic idiot
... 8D

Then what is the definition of homophobia and transphobia, according to you?

They must be something special to defy basic etymology like that. And now I have to hear them.