Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CharlestheHammer posted:

Somehow Trunks will still come back for help in three years.

Turns out Future Trunks is the Legendary I hosed Up Saiyan and will always find a way to surpass his limits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Future Trunks comes back, turns out having babies after unlocking SSB makes them become the Super Saiyan Satan.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

At some point Trunks is going to realize killing Bulma before she invents the time machine is the only way to end the madness.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

graham cracker posted:

At some point Trunks is going to realize killing Bulma before she invents the time machine is the only way to end the madness.

If Beerus is capable of erasing things from existence regardless of timeline or whatever and the only thing that stopped it happening to Black/Zamasu is the time ring, couldn't Beerus just sort of do that to the time machine itself so that it never actually exists at all so it can't ever be used at any point in the past, present or future, it just isn't a thing.

I don't even want to try and figure out the implications of that though.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Josuke Higashikata posted:

If Beerus is capable of erasing things from existence regardless of timeline or whatever and the only thing that stopped it happening to Black/Zamasu is the time ring, couldn't Beerus just sort of do that to the time machine itself so that it never actually exists at all so it can't ever be used at any point in the past, present or future, it just isn't a thing.

I don't even want to try and figure out the implications of that though.

I think he'd need to erase Bulma for that. If there's no time machine, Trunks' timeline still happens, and Trunks' timeline leads to the invention of the time machine. Unless that erasure means the CONCEPT of the time machine is gone, I suppose, then it's Bad End Trunks Timeline which eventually gets visited by immortal Zamasu if the job ain't done by then.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I wonder how Xenoverse 3/Xenoverse DLC is going to handle the Future Trunks arc

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

children's anime... is deep

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

I bet they'll just threat Super's Future Trunks arc as some kind of alternate dimension a la the GT plotline in XV1.

It makes wonder too if they're going to add in a GoD of Time to match the Supreme Kai of Time down the line.

I watch a lot of time travel movies and shows, and I do have to say I think Super manages to make the concept more interesting than most of them.

Not a high bar to pass I know, but still.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Raxivace posted:

I bet they'll just threat Super's Future Trunks arc as some kind of alternate dimension a la the GT plotline in XV1.

Even if they do that it'd be funny.

"So... in an alternate timeline... I get a girlfriend?" "Yes! Not this one though. Enjoy being alone. Forever."

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Spaghetti plotting isn't deep.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hey, she also exists in this timeline. She's just... Like 40 years old and in an 8 year kid's body...

Which is worse than having no girlfriend really.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

sassassin posted:

Spaghetti plotting isn't deep.

Children's anime... is thought provoking

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

ImpAtom posted:

Even if they do that it'd be funny.

"So... in an alternate timeline... I get a girlfriend?" "Yes! Not this one though. Enjoy being alone. Forever."

I'm still surprised they held back on making it seem like he and the Supreme Kai of Time digged each other without admitting it. That's literally the most anime thing you can do.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Did Bulma make the time machine or Trunks first? Serious question.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So, what's to stop Goku/Vegeta just disintegrating Zamasu like they did cell?

Or Goku just instant transmissions his immortal rear end to some far flung point of the universe before coming back to gang up on a Tankless black.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Aurora posted:

It was some promotional artwork thing that also featured Super Saiyan Rosé Black before it was even revealed in episode titles, let me look

I hope this means that Whis joins in on the fight too :D

Kin posted:

Or Goku just instant transmissions his immortal rear end to some far flung point of the universe before coming back to gang up on a Tankless black.

I'm pretty sure gods can teleport with their god powers.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Oct 10, 2016

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Kin posted:

Zamasu can probably just Kai Kai his rear end back.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Supreme Kai can instantly teleport, can't he? So I presume Zamasu can too.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Kin posted:

He's immortal, he doesn't have Cell's super regeneration.

Or rather, he does, but it's been turned up to 110.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah kaioshin's teleport is implicitly the best travel in the series

doesn't need a ki lock on like instant transmission, doesn't have travel time like whis'

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

it'll be about bardock

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Where's Gotenks? Why isn't Gotenks here?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Countblanc posted:

Gotenks is rear end, it couldn't scratch Clonegeta.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Countblanc posted:

Future Trunks > Gotenks > Gohan > Piccolo > Android 18 > Krillin > Tien > Roshi > The frog that used to be Captain Ginyu > Yamcha

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Countblanc posted:

Goten is studying to be a good boy with a career and a family like his big brother.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

ImpAtom posted:

Future Trunks > Gotenks > Gohan > Piccolo > Android 18 > Krillin > Tien > Roshi > The frog that used to be Captain Ginyu > Yamcha

Gotenks is at least 5 places too high there.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I thought I knew how Black existing worked before I read the thread and now I don't know what to believe anymore. Doesn't Black exist because Trunks and co. used the time machine to find out Zamasu was working with him and warn Beerus? Like how warning about the androids didn't change the future, Black's timeline would've still existed right up until Beerus destroyed him. Then time ring shenanigans, etc, etc.

I'm glad Goku's heart disease at least got a passing mention. I was hoping things would be the other way around and Black got the heart disease Goku body and died from that again, but this works too.

JD
Jan 11, 2003

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Future Trunks comes back, turns out having babies after unlocking SSB makes them become the Super Saiyan Satan.

Episode title spoilers: In regards to Zeno getting involved, as lame as it might be for him to get rid of Black and Zamasu, I think it makes sense. They basically killed everyone in Universe Upper Management. It will give some context to the next story arc when we see wtf Zeno actually does.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I wanted Vegito.

Or the Evil Containment Wave.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I'm okay with a last minute Zeno kill if a bunch of cool stuff happens before and the villains are defeated first.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Maybe I'm just misremembering his voice, but is Xenoverse 2 Trunks insanely nasally sounding?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

HGH posted:

Maybe I'm just misremembering his voice, but is Xenoverse 2 Trunks insanely nasally sounding?

he sounds different than he used to, i think it's just from the voice actor getting older

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pOmjZdAhFw

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Guys...

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Does anyone have a gif of evil hug?

http://i.imgur.com/yxmKae4.mp4

http://imgur.com/a/wWkZm

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I really hope the arc ends with Chronoa actually appearing and then dragging Future Trunks off by his ear.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Supreme Kai of Time needs to be canon so GT Goku can enter the multiverse tournament in disguise and reveal his identity when he faces Vegeta

Every story arc from now on will have multiple Gokus

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Kelp Plankton posted:

GT Goku can enter the multiverse tournament in disguise and reveal his identity when he faces Vegeta

Nah, just wrangle up a bunch of Saiyan kids from Cabba's planet instead. They seem to be pretty capable fighters.

Piccolo should use the mafuba on Dragonball GT to make sure it's contained in a jar and never seen or heard from again, because it was bad.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Oct 11, 2016

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Jedah posted:

Piccolo should use the mafuba on Dragonball GT to make sure it's contained in a jar and never seen or heard from again, because it was bad.

I started watching GT for the first time on Hulu recently. It's certainly a trip.

It's like a slightly more messed up, and more dire Dragon Ball so far.

Yeah, there's all sorts of ~*wacky*~ antics, but in the back of your brain, you can't help but think about how the loving Earth will blow up if these dips don't stop goofing around. Why do they keep goofing around?

Also, we've got all of the loving characters from Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z, and we're just focusing on Pan (stereotypical idiot kiddo), Trunks (weirdly competent, but still completely useless), and new kid Goku (boring punch kid). What were they thinking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

Supreme Kai of Time needs to be canon so GT Goku can enter the multiverse tournament in disguise and reveal his identity when he faces Vegeta

Every story arc from now on will have multiple Gokus

In a universe governed by the rules of both Drama and Power Creep this is eventually the only way the plot can keep going to be honest.

• Locked thread