Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skeeballcore
Mar 17, 2009

NeurosisHead posted:

If you want to understand why Trump still has a very good shot at winning the Presidency, even after this, read Hillbilly Elegy. Never underestimate the scope and scale of our ignorant, disenfranchised former laborers. To them, even though Trump realistically isn't going to do anything to improve their situation (and would likely make it worse), he represents their last great hope to be powerful and important in their own little worlds. Hate and fear and xenophobia aren't going to make anything anywhere any better, but when that's all you have to keep you warm at night you hold on to it.

I'm a hillbilly.

next question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Is that the same group as the dog trip water fall blame gif?

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The useless fat poo poo trying to benchpress way too much weight at 5:43 is sheer poetry. :allears:

The better part is Noodlearms McGee he chose as his spotter. First thing out my mouth was "there's no way in gently caress that spindly armed motherfucker can pick that up."

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

skeeballcore posted:

I'm a hillbilly.

next question

Three teeth or six?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Nuevo posted:

The better part is Noodlearms McGee he chose as his spotter. First thing out my mouth was "there's no way in gently caress that spindly armed motherfucker can pick that up."

They're both fuckin' Noodlearms McGee, though. One of them's just a big round bastard.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Possibly NSFW if you are actually watching youtube videos through your speakers at work (what are you doing).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE-O9cc840g

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

DancingShade posted:

Three teeth or six?

I like this question phrased better as "on a scale of one to ten..."

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Sinners Sandwich posted:

It would really suck to die in a workplace accident just for your death to end up on STUPID loving IDIOTS 22

One of my worst fears.

"Man, I'm sorry Rough Lobster died, he was a pretty okay dude, but gently caress him for causing this two hour safety brief we all have to sit through."

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The classic Pregnant Turkey prank never gets old

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYD5hBIqJaI

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Trump and Obama have the weirdest relationship.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Jippa posted:

Possibly NSFW if you are actually watching youtube videos through your speakers at work (what are you doing).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE-O9cc840g

Wish I was in that Target when I was 11 or 12.

Also

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Here's 10 minutes of a man with a framed picture of Milo Yiannapolous eating dead crickets because...SJWs on twitter don't show their faces?
https://youtu.be/0VUtXTLmaQc

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Henchman of Santa posted:

Here's 10 minutes of a man with a framed picture of Milo Yiannapolous eating dead crickets because...SJWs on twitter don't show their faces?

"I love the hate because it gives me attention" is quite literally the only peek I needed into this guy's psyche. Also, when he starts gagging he looks like Vincent D'Onofrio in Men in Black when his meatsuit stops working and I am unable to finish now.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

2016 :psyboom:

e: related Glenn Beck schadenfreude:

Given the theory that Trump wants to make his own news network after he loses, we may get two failed media companies out of this

BrianBoitano has a new favorite as of 15:42 on Oct 11, 2016

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

In hindsight this will all seem really overblown, but 2016 has been an exceptionally weird year for cultural topography.

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick
HAHAHA GLEN BECK IS VOTING HILLARY

This election cycle being depressing and indicative of American ignorance at least has its silver linings.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

mind the walrus posted:

In hindsight this will all seem really overblown, but 2016 has been an exceptionally weird year for cultural topography.

2016 has been loving bizarre in general. Like we haven't been able to make it a month without something freaky happening.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
https://twitter.com/CNNnewsroom/status/785480439196688384

there wolf lmao posted:

HAHAHA GLEN BECK IS VOTING HILLARY

This election cycle being depressing and indicative of American ignorance at least has its silver linings.

He basically said that when faced with Donald Trump he can understand how people can see that voting for Hillary would be the moral choice. Brietbart ran that through the spin machine and that's what you get there.

Of course that's not even getting into the fact that Donald is completely self destructing and trying to bring down the GOP with him at this point.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/785842546878578688

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/785854588654092290

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
At least the good musicians stopped dying pretty early on.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

HPanda posted:

Trump and Obama have the weirdest relationship.

Nice

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Foxhound posted:

At least the good musicians stopped dying pretty early on.

We still lost Gene Wilder, Kenny Baker, and Anton Yelchin afterward. And there's another 2.5 months to go.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

quote:

It is so nice that the shackles have been taken off me and I can now fight for America the way I want to.

My first thought is 'oh this next debate is going to be glorious', this assumes that Trump has in some way been listening to the people trying censor the worst of Trump.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Outrail posted:

My first thought is 'oh this next debate is going to be glorious', this assumes that Trump has in some way been listening to the people trying censor the worst of Trump.
We can hope!

I seriously think Trump has Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Narcissists are incredibly predictable once you understand them. And he's SO destructive. Give a narcissist free rein and they will destroy everything you have, including your own mental health. And it won't even look like their fault! The Republicans were going to wind up with an extremist candidate sooner or later- someone out of control who would capitalize on their campaigns against the Clintons- but landing Trump was incredibly bad luck.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

trickybiscuits posted:

We can hope!

I seriously think Trump has Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Narcissists are incredibly predictable once you understand them. And he's SO destructive. Give a narcissist free rein and they will destroy everything you have, including your own mental health. And it won't even look like their fault! The Republicans were going to wind up with an extremist candidate sooner or later- someone out of control who would capitalize on their campaigns against the Clintons- but landing Trump was incredibly bad luck.

Prester Jane's Decoding Authoritarians thread covers that. She personally believes she does, and others with more professional experience in the things she talks about have corroborated her knowledge. Trump is the picture perfect example of "getting high on your own supply", and his mood and behavior during the debates and on Twitter seems to depend heavily on how much his ego is getting stoked.

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /

Henchman of Santa posted:

*opens video*
"HELLO MY CONGREGATION!"
*closes youtube tab*

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

chitoryu12 posted:

Prester Jane's Decoding Authoritarians thread covers that. She personally believes she does, and others with more professional experience in the things she talks about have corroborated her knowledge. Trump is the picture perfect example of "getting high on your own supply", and his mood and behavior during the debates and on Twitter seems to depend heavily on how much his ego is getting stoked.

Watch both of them when the the other is talking. Hillary is taking notes and looking for weak spots and thinking about what she can say and how her planned talking points can sound coherent.

Donald is sulking and looking resentful that he's not talking right now and not thinking about his preprepared points because he's just going to jam them in where ever he can and gently caress you if want a coherent train of thought.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

prahanormal posted:

*opens video*
"HELLO MY CONGREGATION!"
*closes youtube tab*

It's "CONGREGATIONUHHH"

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Samfucius posted:

Having been burned by both, yeah, I'll take an equivalent amount of fire every time.

You and Robert Frost both

cyclical
Nov 26, 2005
No, not that one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edvpnfvmEYU&t=65s

The schadenfreude is mostly on Gavin, but also on everyone else who thought it was not going to break. Timestamped to the money shot; whole video is worth a watch, though.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Outrail posted:

Watch both of them when the the other is talking. Hillary is taking notes and looking for weak spots and thinking about what she can say and how her planned talking points can sound coherent.

Donald is sulking and looking resentful that he's not talking right now and not thinking about his preprepared points because he's just going to jam them in where ever he can and gently caress you if want a coherent train of thought.

Don't forget that he gets in a little chair-loving too.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

prahanormal posted:

*opens video*
"HELLO MY CONGREGATION!"
*closes youtube tab*

:same:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Don't forget that he gets in a little chair-loving too.

I want a president that stands behind his chair and gently thrusts against it during international negotiations.

Hell, I want trump making speeches at the UN while he molests the podium. I want Trump making a speech honoring fallen veterans while he humps the tomb of the unknown soldier. I want to see Trump grinding against Air Force One shortly after arriving on Chinese soil.

I also want a photo to emerge of Donald Trump and Bill Clinton throwing dollar bills at a 21 year old stripper wearing a Hillary mask. What now America?

vv: That's quitting words. Break out the heavy machinery and keep digging.

Outrail has a new favorite as of 20:57 on Oct 11, 2016

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
2016 is either the beginning of the end, or we've at least finally hit rock bottom and it will be all uphill from here.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Trebek posted:

2016 is either the beginning of the end, or we've at least finally hit rock bottom and it will be all uphill from here.
In mathematics there's the concept of an asymptote, in which a function can forever diminish without actually reaching its end in any finite distance.

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

gently caress, it's just dark-world Chuck Tingle, isn't it?

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

AtomD posted:

gently caress, it's just dark-world Chuck Tingle, isn't it?

chuck's coverage of the debates is the best thing

https://twitter.com/ChuckTingle/status/783477889819750401

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/feds-pursue-contempt-charges-against-sheriff-joe-arpaio-n664666

quote:

Federal prosecutors say they will file criminal contempt-of-court charges against Sheriff Joe Arpaio for disobeying orders to stop his immigration patrols.

The announcement in federal court Tuesday sets in motion criminal proceedings against the sheriff just as he seeks a seventh term in office

The cynic in me believes that nothing will actually happen to this jackass, but the dying optimist wants to believe.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

GrandpaPants posted:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/feds-pursue-contempt-charges-against-sheriff-joe-arpaio-n664666

The cynic in me believes that nothing will actually happen to this jackass, but the dying optimist wants to believe.

I'm in the middle ground with he's going to face some charges and be found guilty but the extent of his crimes can't be prosecuted on such a near corpse.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

syscall girl posted:

I'm in the middle ground with he's going to face some charges and be found guilty but the extent of his crimes can't be prosecuted on such a near corpse.

Sure they can. He's a lich, his hideous mockery of life extended by the pain and misery and death he's inflicted upon people in his role as sheriff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Slime posted:

Sure they can. He's a lich, his hideous mockery of life extended by the pain and misery and death he's inflicted upon people in his role as sheriff.

The crazy thing is he can't be prosecuted and sentenced to an iron box in the Arizona desert sun, like he did to a mentally handicapped woman. Third degree burns, dehydration and all for the "crime" of prostitution carried out by a woman with the mind of a child for mouthing off to his deputies.

He won't "fall out of bed" and be beaten to death by the floor somehow like the again mentally disabled man who died in his custody.

I can't advocate that kind of punishment and no jury will but that's a taste of what he's done so aaaagh!