Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

I keep thinking that their bizarre paint-splatter decoration looks to me like someone pulled wooden paneling off of a wall and didn't bother doing anything about the residual random smears of glue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Wth is on those cupboards

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

moist turtleneck posted:

Too many cups!

Yes. that's exactly what is wrong with that kitchen: a surfeit of crockery

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

I don't understand how human beings could live in an environment that's so visually busy. Like, there's something in every couple of square inches which just screams for attention, it would be mentally exhausting after awhile at least for me.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Safety Dance posted:

Somehow they managed to take a 2 foot high porch and turn it into a death trap.

As visually disgusting this is, I'm not so sure it's as death trappy as it looks. I think there's some semblance of a solid structure there that they just nailed a bunch of poo poo to. But I don't think the poo poo is structural.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

You people are too critical. Boo hoo, most houses are bland beige boxes devoid of character. Now here's a house with heaps of character, and you're still not happy.

Tons of character. Scads of character. Enough character for at least 10 houses. So much character.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wannabe house on the rock

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM9nA1fKnhw

Who let the baby get the hot glue gun?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Burt Sexual posted:

Wth is on those cupboards

paper bags and polyurethane.

Kinfolk Jones
Oct 31, 2010

Faaaaaaaaast
Looking at the pictures of that house is making me ill.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Gounads posted:

The tagline is perfect "Unique one of a kind finishing completed by a professional!"

Completed? The work of the Elder Gods Old Believers is never complete...

peanut fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Oct 10, 2016

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

Whatever the gently caress that orange poo poo is on the stairs makes them look like someone just frosted them with a piping bag.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Good lord.

quote:

Our firm specializes in creating spaces that are beautiful yet functional. Our award-winning designers bring passion and enthusiasm to every project. From original designs to complete renovations, we have you covered. Take a look at our project gallery and experience the beauty of design.

http://www.synkovhouserepair.com/architecture-and-poetry.html

Then its pages and pages and pages of Russian quotes

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

I didn't know Zillow had a DeepDream filter.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

This hole just keeps getting deeper what the gently caress is going on

SCHWIPAR Centre for Innovational Development against the Balance of Interests http://www.schwipar.com/ is also headquartered there along with the 'Fermata Arts Foundation'

quote:

Introduction to System Dynamics
Description: Introduces system dynamics modeling for the analysis of quality policy and strategy to preserve quality. Provides the skills to visualize an organizational quality strategy in terms of the structures and policies that create dynamics and regulate quality performance. Uses causal mapping, simulation models, case studies, and management flight simulators to help develop principles of policy design for successful management of complex quality strategies. Considers the use of systems thinking to promote effective learning of quality systems.

World Quality Center for Naval Ships in Ukraine: Call for Partners

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
Whoever decorated that house was about six years old, and their teacher sat them down for Arts and Craft, giving them a blank t-shirt and a squeezy tube of Puffy Paint. It was then that they realized their true calling.

Long Francesco
Jun 3, 2005
the house is art. you can't judge art.

http://nebula.wsimg.com/d2d1e9307fee8e376e94e42c9174fcc7?AccessKeyId=D805D8BDDABF3F976511&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

What the hell is with the price history?

No, 1.4M
No. 300k
No!!! 1.3M
Okay, 400k

Next it will be either $100 or 10M

Long Francesco
Jun 3, 2005

Long Francesco
Jun 3, 2005

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Is that review really 65 pages? God drat they like orks or whatever

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

I mean, at least now that we know it's supposed to be art instead of a building for human beings to inhabit we don't have to wonder about what could possibly have led to such poor decisions.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
That dude sucks at collages

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

LonsomeSon posted:

Whatever the gently caress that orange poo poo is on the stairs makes them look like someone just frosted them with a piping bag.

You're the fishperson how do you expect humans to comprehend this madness?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

How the gently caress did the VO artist keep from laughing at the bullshit she was saying? :iiam:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

MisterOblivious posted:

As a ham you should know how important it is to ground your equipment to an earth ground composed of ramming multiple 6ft copper poles into the dirt even if that means running an extension cord from the ground to your shack :haw: :eng99:

But seriously, I can see something like that happening, and it wouldn't be as bad as the alternative explanations for that plug.

To all the non-hams: grounding high power radio equipment isn't as simple as plugging it into the socket, unfortunately. It's a helluva lot more complicated than I can describe but it does usually involve driving multiple ground stakes and wiring it up haphazardly.

Chassis grounds are different from RF grounds! Inside the shack, it's important to ensure your equipment is all tied together (to eliminate voltage differences between two things), and properly grounded (which works just fine with house ground). For an antenna that needs grounding, you need a buried radial system, or a ground screen, or good ground rods. I like using balanced antennas because they don't need any of that crap.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

atomicthumbs posted:

My dad is in the process of buying a house. The inspection report just came in

Apparently this goes to an outdoor metal halide security light???

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

I will leave you to flounder in your cesspool of primeval soup, you sad, lonely, little cowards.
Fun Shoe

ohgodwhat posted:

What the hell is with the price history?

No, 1.4M
No. 300k
No!!! 1.3M
Okay, 400k

Next it will be either $100 or 10M

Ok thank you for pointing this out too. This is the most bizarre thing we've had in this thread, ever.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I appreciate them including 50 photos with the listing just so that there can be no doubt about what sort of hell you will be descending into.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I had a dream last night about that house and I was in a bidding war with Ken Bone over it.

I am not joking. This forum has broken me.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
I was looking at the listing and thinking it might be doable if it were gutted and completely remodeled. The neighbors would probably love me. Then I found out it was art and was like, wow! I could live in art! And when I lost my mind and became a gibbering mess with a copper paint pen, that would be performance art! Someone call the realtor, I need to jump on this before the price goes back up to to ten million.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

atomicthumbs posted:

Wait, so this is how they turn it on and off?

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

Pile of Kittens posted:

Wait, so this is how they turn it on and off?

I imagined it was a backfed line that powered the rooms receptacles (complete with double male ended extension cord).

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

That "Life After the Last Judgement" room looks like the loving basement at the end of The Blair Witch Project.

This has got to be one of the most insane PDFs I've ever seen, holy poo poo.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Has that been cross-posted to eastern europe .jpg yet?

Edit: Done lol

peanut fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Oct 12, 2016

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Battered Cankles posted:

This is every single light in a parking structure where I work. Being a concrete parking structure, it is somewhat protected from the elements; it's also Michigan, where months of winter causes odd frost/condensation/puddling in metal things left outdoors. This structure is 8 years old. Is it kosher to have hundreds of 'plug-in' lights and ceiling-mounted sockets?

I can't cite code requirements, but I know a nearby disconnect means is required for a lot of commercial lighting. The cord and plug satisfies that requirement. Where I'm at, cord and plug is the norm for newer installations.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Synthbuttrange posted:

I wonder if these guys have mold and damp problems

Lifehack: Live in a house made of fungus. That way if you get mold, you just get more house.

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you

atomicthumbs posted:

My parents' house has something like this. It makes it easy to put an outside light/outlet on a light timer. Also, I'm sure it's much simpler to DIY -- no interior wiring or drywall patching involved.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Even assuming the mantelpiece was something sturdier than styrofoam, that seems like an awfully precarious setup at best.