Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Are there any mods for Victoria 2 that just remove the end date?

You can do that just by going into the defines.txt file (I think that's the one) and changing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

LordMune posted:

One goon enters the content design team, one goon leaves... The worst possible Thunderdome.

Which goon left?

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

ThaumPenguin posted:

Which goon left?

I put in an application but didn't even get to an interview :(

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
A link to your post history doesn't really qualify as an application.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
I have a Eurocentric history degree, a condescending personality and a bunch of fedoras ; I thought I was a shoe-in.....

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I have a Eurocentric history degree, a condescending personality and a bunch of fedoras ; I thought I was a shoe-in.....

I have a history degree and the most popular content mod for hoi 4 at the time, the other guy they hired studied English and history too. Can not comment on the impact of hats.

algebra testes posted:

Lol.

I would like to think during the interview they asked him if he had stairs and his house and he respoded "no, I live in a flat"

They asked me if I had any questions and I said no. On the way back I realised that had been the perfect opportunity to pop the stairs question. Sad!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

I wrote my Master's thesis on Byzantine strategy, I am pretty sure I am the most qualified possible hire you will ever see. :colbert:

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
I hope that once they actually get to making V3 they make it so if your education is set to high for a extended period of time (lets say 30+ years) the countries you annex/colonize start actually getting your culture, it feels kind of strange that you can't get people do that unless you're in America or Europe because of the HUGE malus to not being in either of those countries, especially if you treat them well and not just turn them into slaves.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Hell yeah, congrats Archangel!

Enjoy posted:

Same, though. :( :hf: :(

Mister Adequate posted:

I wrote my Master's thesis on Byzantine strategy, I am pretty sure I am the most qualified possible hire you will ever see. :colbert:
Harry Turtledove, is that you? I'm not sure if I'd laugh or cry if there was some Turtledove-derived Paradox project announced.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Ofaloaf posted:

Hell yeah, congrats Archangel!

Same, though. :( :hf: :(

Harry Turtledove, is that you? I'm not sure if I'd laugh or cry if there was some Turtledove-derived Paradox project announced.

find-replace PLANE with DRAGON and hoi4 is a turtledove game

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ofaloaf posted:

what, like this?

https://www.paradoxplaza.com/europa-universalis-anthology/

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

ArchangeI posted:

I have a history degree and the most popular content mod for hoi 4 at the time, the other guy they hired studied English and history too. Can not comment on the impact of hats.

whoah what mod is it that you made?

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Koramei posted:

whoah what mod is it that you made?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Archangel85/myworkshopfiles/?appid=394360

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Koorisch posted:

I hope that once they actually get to making V3 they make it so if your education is set to high for a extended period of time (lets say 30+ years) the countries you annex/colonize start actually getting your culture, it feels kind of strange that you can't get people do that unless you're in America or Europe because of the HUGE malus to not being in either of those countries, especially if you treat them well and not just turn them into slaves.

To be honest if they make a V3 I'm hoping they kind of do a HoI4 approach and just tackle it from scratch rather than trying to update the pre-existing systems. I mean I'd like to see the same kind of detail in pops/economy/etc. that V2 has, but just presented in a more intelligent way. Plus tackling it from scratch would probably make it way easier for them to do updates to the systems in the future since apparently nobody really understands how they work in V2.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

Mister Adequate posted:

This is literally why you are the least qualified :argh:
The Romans are the worst, the Byzantine even worse so

And if you don't agree that tanks are a waste of resources then gtfo

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

BTW when can I expect the next sale for EU4 with the DLC included?

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
it's on sale literally now

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Enjoy posted:

I imagine you didn't enjoy that.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Koramei posted:

it's on sale literally now
Much appreciated!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Wait why did Dei Gratia come with EU4?

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

ZearothK posted:

I imagine you didn't enjoy that.

Right!

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

dear paradox, please announce the Fredrich the great's loading screen as a show of support for gay rights tia.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

ThaumPenguin posted:

Which goon left?
Darkrenown abandoned the noble art of content design in favor of... game design...!

Still at PDS though.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

LordMune posted:

Darkrenown abandoned the noble art of content design in favor of... game design...!

Still at PDS though.

How the mighty have fallen.

Astroclassicist
Aug 21, 2015

Groogy posted:

Rome bad. Greece good. Romano-Greek the worst.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

LordMune posted:

Still at PDS though.

I knew ideas guy was a viable career choice.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Groogy posted:

Tanks have the best offensive shock, they are way better than Cavalry when you attack the Mamluks in 1450.

Apoffys
Sep 5, 2011
Tanks are great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV2nIkqnGBI

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

ArchangeI posted:

The one to add the REAL nazi flag in to the game?

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Mister Adequate posted:

Speaking of the best nation, I think I'll play a RoM Byz game. Recommend me some good Byz books so I can sperg all the harder, please.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Koorisch posted:

Realistically, it should probably make a few your culture, and the rest separatists.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

The mod that adds boobs to the tanks.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Darkrenown posted:

Speaking of the best nation, I think I'll play a RoM Byz game. Recommend me some good Byz books so I can sperg all the harder, please.

Viscount Norwich has you covered for fun pop-hist material: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantium:_The_Early_Centuries.

Defer to the real historians for serious stuff.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
I think I had that and left it in Scotland :( Maybe I'll rebuy it.

My own search turned up some interesting results:
https://www.amazon.com/Scourge-Byza...words=Byzantium
:stare:

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Darkrenown posted:

I think I had that and left it in Scotland :( Maybe I'll rebuy it.

My own search turned up some interesting results:
https://www.amazon.com/Scourge-Byza...words=Byzantium
:stare:

welp, I know what EU4's sunset invasion dlc's gonna be

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

What's the best mod for EU4 1.17 these days?

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
mine

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Ofaloaf posted:

I honestly would love to see some of his dumber stuff as easter eggs. I think there was a HoI2/DH mod which changed the alienattack cheat into the Race.

Groogy posted:

Well I'd be a Carthagoboo if you would make Rome II you fuckers :argh:

Darkrenown posted:

Man it's been awhile since I did that so I can't remember poo poo, but start with The Alexiad. A lot of what I did was like, excerpts from Islamic works after they had a scrap with the Byzzies or whatever though, just a couple of pages on a battle, not really easy to access or all that comprehensive by itself. I'm pretty sure I used Treadgold's Byzantium and it's Army extensively, and I used John Haldon's stuff a good bit as well. Unfortunately due to personal issues I kind of hosed up at the time and ended up with a merely adequate thesis, still passed comfortably and all, but I don't know as much as I ought. :( I wanted to do it on nuclear strategy but that didn't pan out. Anyway pop into the Milsperg thread in A/T, I guaran-goddamn-tee they'll have a thousand recommendations better than mine!

pdxjohan
Sep 9, 2011

Paradox dev dude.

Darkrenown posted:

Ugh, you didn't tell us you were a goon :frogout:

We need at pds_goon channel at slack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

I consider it a high point of my modding career when I got more downloads than that one. In your face, Nazi scum! Oh, I'm sorry, historically accurate German political activist.