Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pastrymancy posted:

Did wikileaks find anything
no and they never will because wikileaks is a rapist manchild surrounded by a bunch of losers who got voted 'most owned' in high school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Zwabu posted:

So is Trump continuing the travelling road show with the women accusing Bill Clinton? Or was that a one-off special for the debate?

They'll probably show up at the last debate, but it would have been great if his campaign simply abandoned them in St. Louis, having been too cheap to provide round trip Greyhound tickets. Like there'll be a 'debate extras' video on YT showing the shadowy outlines of four women sitting in the darkened auditorium asking 'When are they coming back to get us?"

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Pastrymancy posted:

Did wikileaks find anything from the latest batch of emails? This sounds like a next to nothing burger

Yes, some very important info:

https://twitter.com/ByronTau/status/785871447650660353

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
i don't really care about Podesta either way, but he's slightly on my good side for being the Cooking Advice Guy

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Truly these leaks are the next Pentagon Papers.

hexenmexen
May 15, 2016

by exmarx

sean10mm posted:

The fact that rooting for third parties is almost exclusively the hobby of white people is a HUGE hint that said third parties are composed almost entirely of human garbage.

Minorities have every reason to see the system as awful, yet they almost all flock to the Democrats because they see the Democrats as the best choice available if they want even the SLIGHTEST chance of improving their situations.

This is so ignorant, as if "minorities" are voting block that all vote consistently for one party.

Sean10mm - MINORITIES ALL THINK THE SAME!

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Pastrymancy posted:

Did wikileaks find anything from the latest batch of emails? This sounds like a next to nothing burger

Nothing that hasnt been spun and then debunked with the slightest bit of examination.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Since I never watch TMZ or E!/Access Hollywood celeb shows I had no idea there was such a person as Billy Bush before, but he comes across as kind of a creepy mutant pervo corncob version of Michael J. Fox.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Pastrymancy posted:

Tune in at 3am EST so Julian can show you what be found! An infomercial for Wikileaks brand roofies

Jygallax
Oct 17, 2011

Every human being deserves respect. Even if if they are a little different.
Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

So is Hillary going to pilot the Gundam herself, or is she going to be the steely-eyed Nova Prime in the control room while her team of woke millennials tweet down the kaiju?

MountGeek
Apr 14, 2016

DaveWoo posted:

In which David Brooks of all people takes a hatchet to Trump:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/11/opinion/donald-trumps-sad-lonely-life.html?_r=0

David Brooks’ disillusionment with the state of the party, Republican, he has called home for so many years has been priceless this election season. You can see him going through The 5 Stages of Grief. I recommend the read.

http://www.nytimes.com/column/david-brooks

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Zwabu posted:

Since I never watch TMZ or E!/Access Hollywood celeb shows I had no idea there was such a person as Billy Bush before, but he comes across as kind of a creepy mutant pervo corncob version of Michael J. Fox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnsgqU80eIw

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Jygallax posted:

He's a rough beast, all right.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Vince McMahon didn't know what a burrito was until his 60s despite eating them daily.
That and he had to have Jim Ross explain that there are Americans who find Asians attractive when he was wondering why they should hire Gail Kim

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Jygallax posted:

The absolute best poem

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

hexenmexen posted:

This is so ignorant, as if "minorities" are voting block that all vote consistently for one party.

As long as we have a two party system and one of those parties is dedicated to white nationalism, yeah, minorities are going to flock to the other party.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Zwabu posted:

I think it's funny that Billy Bush will probably be remembered as having more effect on this election than Jeb! did.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

I'm picturing Trump cycling through each device, tweeting and cackling manically.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

MountGeek posted:

David Brooks’ disillusionment with the state of the party, Republican, he has called home for so many years has been priceless this election season. You can see him going through The 5 Stages of Grief. I recommend the read.

http://www.nytimes.com/column/david-brooks

I can never decide if "reasonable" republicans like Brooks are oblivious morons sincerely deaf to the dog-whistle racism that has powered the GOP's electoral victories since 1968, or if they're all just monstrously disingenuous.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

lozzle posted:

Truly these leaks are the next Pentagon Papers.

This is earth-shattering. Killary is sharing RECIPES. I mean, I was on her side before, but this is too much.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Kro-Bar posted:

I think it's funny that Billy Bush will probably be remembered as having more effect on this election the world than Jeb! did.

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

hexenmexen posted:

I trust you have some proof that explains why Trump is consistently polling 20% or less asking minorities then?

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Arzying from Reuters:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-clinton-message-analysis-idUSKCN12A2J3

TLDR; "Hillary being up bigly in the polls is bad news because her voters will stay home and watch TV instead of voting."

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hexenmexen posted:

they kind of are

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Evil Fluffy posted:

The argument of "US prisons are so loving awful they're literal torture" isn't going to matter to Sweden or most other countries and that's the heart of AI's argument. They don't think Assange will be taken to Gitmo and waterboarded, but that he'll be in a prison system that is horrific.

At the end of the day AI is wrong, period. They have an argument they're making but it's ultimately not good enough for Sweden and other countries to go "well I guess we aren't going to extradite people to the US anymore" because that's not how international relations work. There's also no guarantee Assange would be 'tortured' and granting blanket immunity for Assange would be loving insane. If Sweden were to agree to do so it'd only be due to a side agreement with the US that if they want Assange they have to grab him off the street like they have done to people in Sweden previously. Assange is even more paranoid than ever and that would probably be his reason for refusing to go even if Sweden agreed to this dumb request.

The only case I'm aware of was, strictly speaking, the Swedes grabbing two Egyptians off the streets and then handing them over to be black-bagged (off to our outsourced torture center in Egypt). Hooray, we didn't violate Swedish sovereignty :toot:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
If Trump could somehow find a way to ruin the career of George P. Bush then we could finally put the entire family to rest.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Zwabu posted:

Arzying from Reuters:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-clinton-message-analysis-idUSKCN12A2J3

TLDR; "Hillary being up bigly in the polls is bad news because her voters will stay home and watch TV instead of voting."

A reminder that people are much more likely to get energized and go out and vote for a big winner so this is basically 'MUST...HORSE...RACE...SOMEHOW!'.txt

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Kro-Bar posted:

I think it's funny that Billy Bush will probably be remembered as having more effect on this election than Jeb! did.

HW is going to die of embarrassment from his entire family being nothing but gently caress ups.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

GreyjoyBastard posted:

The only case I'm aware of was, strictly speaking, the Swedes grabbing two Egyptians off the streets and then handing them over to be black-bagged (off to our outsourced torture center in Egypt). Hooray, we didn't violate Swedish sovereignty :toot:

But if we did it would be fine because :911:

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Endorph posted:

no and they never will because wikileaks is a rapist manchild surrounded by a bunch of losers who got voted 'most owned' in high school

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

sean10mm posted:

I can never decide if "reasonable" republicans like Brooks are oblivious morons sincerely deaf to the dog-whistle racism that has powered the GOP's electoral victories since 1968, or if they're all just monstrously disingenuous.

I think for someone like Brooks who lives and works in NYC at a place like the NYT it can be a little of both, since he is completely insulated from contact with actual deploreables aside from maybe running into Sean Hannity once in a while.

If you're hanging with the Billy Kristol types you can talk all the respectable coded poo poo and actually kid yourself over many years that soylent green is not actually people.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Pastrymancy posted:

If anything these wikileaks things are probably proving she is way less corrupt and deceptive than people assumed

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure
So here's a question for those who know more than I do:
Is there any chance the TPP gets ratified? I know President Obama really wants it, and I assume there's a non-zero percentage of R's who like free trade too, but I also know that both the candidates have come out against it.
Is this even the right place to ask about that?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Night10194 posted:

A reminder that people are much more likely to get energized and go out and vote for a big winner so this is basically 'MUST...HORSE...RACE...SOMEHOW!'.txt

That and I think they're underestimating how terrified people are of Trump even getting a whiff of the oval office

Like I know it's a foregone conclusion at this point, but I gotta drive in that wooden stake just to be sure

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Any apathy due to a feeling of inevitable victory has always had more impact on losers, rather than winners.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Got to say that "Donald Trump will protect you. He is the only one who can." is a genuinely terrifying slogan

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

smug n stuff posted:

So here's a question for those who know more than I do:
Is there any chance the TPP gets ratified? I know President Obama really wants it, and I assume there's a non-zero percentage of R's who like free trade too, but I also know that both the candidates have come out against it.
Is this even the right place to ask about that?

There is a good chance and it's not a big deal.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Zwabu posted:

Arzying from Reuters:

hmm if only there were some mechanism of long term voter engagement that could be used to get people to turn out and vote

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Phone posted:

HW is going to die of embarrassment from his entire family being nothing but gently caress ups.

Like he should talk. He's the only one of them who ever vomited on a foreign dignitary.

• Locked thread