Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I can't believe Pokémon requires the same tactical knowhow as Tetra Master.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
I can't believe they made an ability that is speed boost x 2 and activates on switch-in.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Alxprit posted:

I can't believe Pokémon requires the same tactical knowhow as Tetra Master.

OVER THE LINE.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My favorite SuMo change is that they gave Breloom dragon dance

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Since I live in a country Nintendo does not give a poo poo about, if anyone can get me a code, I'd be super thankful! I have a full livingdex (except for that one), so I can breed down anything that can be bred if that works for a trade, and I have a few spare legendaries because...I obsessively collect poo poo. It's me, I'm the guy who pays for Pokemon Bank.

I'll PM you, i have an extra code i picked up today.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
it's an interesting design choice how all eggs will now only hatch Boruto, the son of Naruto Uzumaki from the popular cartoon Naruto.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

it's an interesting design choice how all eggs will now only hatch Boruto, the son of Naruto Uzumaki from the popular cartoon Naruto.
he'll be fighting type but for some reason he'll be on all fours.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
I liked it when the sun and moon fire starter's final form was part fighting.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

arceus becoming bipedal was a good change

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I thought it was pretty great that Ball Capsules came back.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

cams posted:

he'll be fighting type but for some reason he'll be on all fours.

his name is Bolt you dweeb

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I was really happy they brought back the first Pokemon in your party following you around :unsmith:

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
I can't believe every pokemon is part fighting now.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I thought it was pretty weird that they gave every pokemon realistic human eyes but what do I know

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Look, if you can't appreciate every Pokemon's cry becoming the dying sound of a beached whale I'm not sure you ever 'got' Pokemon.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Personally I really think adding yourself as a valid target was a groundbreaking innovation. Sure, some people say you taking one hit and blacking out is onerous, but I think it's realistic.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I'm so glad that Hydreigon has Quiver Dance now

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

none of this is true. none of you are fit to write the pokedex. only rotom

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

This thread has major info withdrawal symptoms.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Getting back to real talk, I would absolutely adore if your Pokemon followed behind you again. That said it might cause some problems now that we've moved away from sprites into full models and something ATTEMPTING to approach real size parity.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Redeye Flight posted:

Getting back to real talk, I would absolutely adore if your Pokemon followed behind you again. That said it might cause some problems now that we've moved away from sprites into full models and something ATTEMPTING to approach real size parity.

I never did try to have Wailord follow me in HeartGold...

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Chill Penguin posted:

I never did try to have Wailord follow me in HeartGold...

It's nothing too amazing.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Hardcordion posted:

It's nothing too amazing.

That's a miniature vietnamese potbelly Wailord, obvs.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
My favorite purple boy is Crobat and I dreamed he got a Mega Evolution that gave him the ability "Mega Drain," similar to the Big Root where absorbing moves absorb 30% of the damage inflicted, but instead it absorbed 50%. He also got a new move, Vampire Bite, that is a Poison version of Crunch that also absorbs HP.

Crobat ----- M-Crobat
HP: 85-----105
Att: 90-----120
Def: 80-----100
SpA: 70-------70
SpD: 80-----100
Spe:130----140

Crobat's already stupid fast, so just a small boost to speed and he'll still outspeed most anything without a boost or Scarf, so most of the Mega-Boost would go to his defenses and attack to make the best use of Vampire Bite.

...why yes, I am starved for new info, why do you ask?

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Alolan Crobat will have 20 wings.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

It'll be just a single wing, no body or visible features but a single wing flapping about.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
What sets do you think Mega Hydreigon will run now that it has 132 speed, Mega Launcher, and Quiver Dance?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Alola Crobat is Flying/Bug and has all of his stats shuffled off to Special Defense. His new ability is Pick Up.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

aloha crobat is small enough to sit on your shoulder like i originally imagined

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I want a Mega-Arcanine where he becomes a tiny Chihuahua

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Golden Goat posted:

It'll be just a single wing, no body or visible features but a single wing flapping about.

It's this.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Reinanigans posted:

My favorite purple boy is Crobat and I dreamed he got a Mega Evolution that gave him the ability "Mega Drain," similar to the Big Root where absorbing moves absorb 30% of the damage inflicted, but instead it absorbed 50%. He also got a new move, Vampire Bite, that is a Poison version of Crunch that also absorbs HP.

Crobat ----- M-Crobat
HP: 85-----105
Att: 90-----120
Def: 80-----100
SpA: 70-------70
SpD: 80-----100
Spe:130----140

Crobat's already stupid fast, so just a small boost to speed and he'll still outspeed most anything without a boost or Scarf, so most of the Mega-Boost would go to his defenses and attack to make the best use of Vampire Bite.

...why yes, I am starved for new info, why do you ask?

Mega Evolution can't change HP.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Personally, I think that replacing Mega Forms with these "Stands" is a mixed bag. On the one hand,you don't need to fumble around looking for the requisite stone. On the other hand,the Pokemon uses the Stand to fight on its behalf. That is kinda redundant. Then there's the Champion's stupid gimmick-His *insert OP Fighting type here* can,like stop time or something and get a whole buncha free hits. It feels like the only way to beat him is if you happen to get a Pokemon whose Stand can also stop time,but that's so RNG-reliant.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

oddium posted:

aloha crobat is small enough to sit on your shoulder like i originally imagined

It's actually just a really really fat Golbat that's being carried around by a bunch of Zubat

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

starting in gen 7 it can

Ms. Unsmiley fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Oct 11, 2016

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

mabels big day posted:

Uhh, poo poo, put 10 more in speed and 10 more in Defense!

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

VolticSurge posted:

Personally, I think that replacing Mega Forms with these "Stands" is a mixed bag. On the one hand,you don't need to fumble around looking for the requisite stone. On the other hand,the Pokemon uses the Stand to fight on its behalf. That is kinda redundant. Then there's the Champion's stupid gimmick-His *insert OP Fighting type here* can,like stop time or something and get a whole buncha free hits. It feels like the only way to beat him is if you happen to get a Pokemon whose Stand can also stop time,but that's so RNG-reliant.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I can't believe they decided to make all multi battles into Pokemon Mystery Dungeon boss battles

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I can't believe they're giving Lunatone & Solrock a mega evolution AND Alola Form at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

I can't believe it's not butterfree.