Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Naerasa posted:

Ummmmmmm hello, frog suit??????

best skin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's the same for roadhog, really. that's how you get the oneshot kills with both of them at point blank. you want the headshot marker

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

his best is the basic purple recolor, and it's not even a Pharah / Zenyatta situation where the basic recolors are amazing, either

mods???

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Brannock posted:

I am deaf

This, by the way, makes playing against Junkrat and McCree extremely extremely dumb

Wait, they don't have subtitles or any accessibility options for deaf people? That's hosed.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
The bastion skin is pretty bad except for the Raven/Crow. The recolorings so far all look better than most of the stock blue/purple unlocks.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Wait, they don't have subtitles or any accessibility options for deaf people? That's hosed.

just a subtitle'd do it

maybe a rumble function on the pad for consoles?

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
76 Thriller, that is good poo poo right there. I need every one of those skins.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
So what are the odds skins will be buyable with credits this time? Because I'm gonna be super sad if this ends and I don't get my Witch Mercy skin :(

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Where is Mei what the gently caress

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Kashuno posted:

Where is Mei what the gently caress

in the christmas update probably

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Ruggington posted:

alternatively, im ana

If Ana is in Mei ult then she solo ulted you bc you best not be balled up on top of the point :colbert:

whenever I try reaper against mei, which is rare because I'm trash to middling with him, I bodyshot her, she starts freezing me and I can't track fast enough, I wraith to reset the freeze, she ice blocks so I don't kill her, and then I leave because both of us are wasting our time.

Ignoring Mei post-block is the worst thing you can do. Chase around her wall if you have to, but don't let her retreat. Practice shooting her head the moment she comes out of the block (listen to audio cue). You can kill her before she freezes you.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Kenshin posted:

No you go for upper-center body/neck shots so that you pellets hit both their body and head

So a shot to the body, then. Like I'm not suggesting you shoot at someone's feet, but putting your crosshair dead center on someone's head as Reaper generally doesn't return as good results as you'd hope unless you're literally jammed up in their face.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

when you're fighting a mei, you're either close enough that is the case or far enough that you shouldn't engage in the first place tbh. as long as you're getting the headshot hit markers you're fine but fighting mei as reaper is always close enough that shooting her in the head isn't a bad idea

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

I want Junkrat, Roadhog, Reaper, and Rein. All of those are amazing.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Edmond Dantes posted:

So what are the odds skins will be buyable with credits this time? Because I'm gonna be super sad if this ends and I don't get my Witch Mercy skin :(

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

turtlecrunch posted:

Ignoring Mei post-block is the worst thing you can do. Chase around her wall if you have to, but don't let her retreat. Practice shooting her head the moment she comes out of the block (listen to audio cue). You can kill her before she freezes you.

Is the cooldown on wraith form short enough that you can avoid being frozen after the block? I've never tried it because mei isn't my target when I'm playing reaper, usually.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Edmond Dantes posted:

Probably pretty low. The Overpwn preview even states: "There are twelve new skins that can be unlocked through loot boxes." This makes me think you'll have to buy/earn boxes for the items like before. I'd love to be wrong, but I wouldn't be shocked if they kept it the same as before.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
New UI is hot as gently caress

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Blizzard is too horny.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Tokubetsu posted:

New UI is hot as gently caress

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

DrSeRRoD posted:

Probably pretty low. The Overpwn preview even states: "There are twelve new skins that can be unlocked through loot boxes." This makes me think you'll have to buy/earn boxes for the items like before. I'd love to be wrong, but I wouldn't be shocked if they kept it the same as before.

Here's the full description of the lootboxes from the Xbox store image that leaked:

quote:

"Celebrate Halloween with some frightening treats for your heroes during a new event: Overwatch Halloween Terror!"

"Trick out your collection by picking up Halloween Loot Boxes, available for a limited time*. Every Loot Box contains up to four cosmetic items, including at least one Halloween skin, spray, highlight intro, emote, victory pose, player icon, voice line, or credits that you can use to unlock other items. More than 100 Halloween items are waiting to be unwrapped!"

"If your Halloween Loot Box contains an item that is already in your collection, you will instead receive coins."

Emphasis mine. So what this sounds like is that you have to earn or buy lootboxes the normal way, duplicates still give you coins which can't buy seasonal stuff, but that there's some sort of credit that you can get in the lootboxes which can be used to buy seasonal items directly.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

no they just mistyped credits instead of coins i think. it'll be the same as the olympics

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

it's been in the ptr for a couple of weeks if I could log in i would get shots

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

DrSeRRoD posted:

:negative:

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Brannock posted:

I am deaf

This, by the way, makes playing against Junkrat and McCree extremely extremely dumb

It would be really nice if Blizzard added visual cues for the audio stuff, it's kind of weird that they've got colorblindness options and stuff but absolutely nothing for people with impaired hearing

Is the cooldown on wraith form short enough that you can avoid being frozen after the block? I've never tried it because mei isn't my target when I'm playing reaper, usually.

Reaper should be able to kill her faster than she can freeze the Reaper, you shouldn't need wraith form unless she's getting the drop on you or she's got a teammate with her

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Apparently a legendary event skin is 3000 credits.

2MB
Feb 3, 2009

"No need to speak. Your fists told me everything I need to know about you."
Looks like the Halloween stuff is purchasable with credits like normal skins. Epics are 750 and Legendaries are 3000.

Some of the new Victory intros are great, especially Mei.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

welp i stand corrected then, glad i've been banking those coins :D

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Are there pictures of the victory poses somewhere? I've seen Zen's and Widow's on twitter so far. 2PM est this patch should go live?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I thought in the Halloween event blurb leak it was implied that there's some sort of Halloween currency that could be gained playing the Halloween special mode?

I also stick to my idea that competitive points should be able to eternally unlock seasonals. Mainly because I think the gold weapons are mostly gross and garish.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

junan_paalla posted:

Exactly how many credits I have

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

junan_paalla posted:

Can you buy it with regular credits or event only credits? I.e. do i have to farm 3k credits in 3 weeks?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

well I'll be able to buy whatever legendary I want on ps4 but not pc, oh well. better to wait until the end of the event to spend your blizzardbux on anything tho, just in case

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

junan_paalla posted:

Blizzard is loving awesome.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

That's great, I have like 7000 credits saved.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Efexeye posted:

kinda disappointed with Zen but I won't get it anyway :D
I am totally in love with that Zen but probably I won't get it. :negative:

2MB
Feb 3, 2009

"No need to speak. Your fists told me everything I need to know about you."
They added little icons next to event items so you can parse them more easily in the menus. Didn't know I wanted this but apparently I did.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Also, I have an unopened stack of 40+ lootboxes because I stopped caring about opening them, which is cool because they will mainly poo poo coins for me.

Protip though, Don't BUY anything till the event is nearly over, unless you really want the very next box you open to be full of irony.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

nevermind

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Zen's skin looks like it should only be a purple in which case if what people are saying is true just 750 overbux and you can have it no matter how bad your luck is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

that reinhardt skin tho